• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
“Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above).”
G5’s laser was physically interacted with, since Atomic sliced it in half with air manipulation. Also the beam was SPLIT, not reflected, which feels like it supports it not being light? I think?? I’m not too familiar with this stuff.

“Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above).”
G5’s laser was physically interacted with, since Atomic sliced it in half with air manipulation. Also the beam was SPLIT, not reflected, which feels like it supports it not being light? I think?? I’m not too familiar with this stuff.
Well, that depends if Atomic Samurai slicing a laser in half is due to his skills or due to the properties of the laser. There have been no statements for that but maybe we are going to get more feats like that for Atomic Samurai some time in the future.

G4 and G5 use the same laser weapon; we simply did not see G5‘s lasers bend the same way because he only fired it once... when his target was in front of him...

Unless you can prove it was a different type of laser weapon, it’s not lightspeed.
The Laser G4 folded even with the enemy in front of it, unlike the G5, this already shows a difference to the previous one.

The Laser G4 folded even with the enemy in front of it, unlike the G5, this already shows a difference to the previous one.
  • The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
How many of these conditions does G5 meet? As a machine it should meet the condition of having a realistic source of light but is there anything else? If the laser is different from G4, then we can probably not take G4's lasers' instance of dispersing in steam as representative for G5.

We never saw G5’s body when the laser fired from what I remember. For all we know, the laser did bend, we just saw the laser after it was bent.

We never saw G5’s body when the laser fired from what I remember. For all we know, the laser did bend, we just saw the laser after it was bent.
Your headcanon is funny, but you would have to prove it, but you won't be able to, because you don't even know what you're talking about, his laser comes out of your eye, as well as your light projection

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
How many of these conditions does G5 meet? As a machine it should meet the condition of having a realistic source of light but is there anything else? If the laser is different from G4, then we can probably not take G4's lasers' instance of dispersing in steam as representative for G5.
So, I think you can use the previous ones too, this has already happened in Naruto for example. Delta's beam was accepted as being lightpseed because a technology inferior to hers was able to create photons.

So, I think you can use the previous ones too, this has already happened in Naruto for example. Delta's beam was accepted as being lightpseed because a technology inferior to hers was able to create photons.
That was about the beam consisting out of photons. Would that apply to dispersion in steam?

Just because the beam comes out of his eye, which you can’t prove it did, doesn’t mean it’s a different type of laser. It’s literally the same attack. G4’s lasers never bent when they were more than a few metres away from him, just like G5’s.

A hologram and a laser with apparent mass are not the same thing.

Just because the beam comes out of his eye, which you can’t prove it did, doesn’t mean it’s a different type of laser. It’s literally the same attack. G4’s lasers never bent when they were more than a few metres away from him, just like G5’s.

A hologram and a laser with apparent mass are not the same thing.
I don't think it is even necessary to prove that it came out of the eye, anyone with three neurons perceives this, but it seems that you don't have that many, in this case, I will prove it to you.

Here is the sweep where the damage is shown and notice that your '' eye '' is intact, not only that, but right after that, the beam goes up to Atomic's face, which indicates that it came from the side top of the G5. The last and not least, we are shown how the G5 looked after receiving Atomic's attack and notice, his eye is intact and he has nowhere else he could shoot a laser. I hope I was very didactic.

Beloved Lord, I never mentioned that they are the same, man, you look like a functional illiterate. I mentioned that this would be an EVIDENCE and that it produces light through its technology.

We have a calc member in this discussion that looks like a decoration, because it literally never evaluates calculations ...

We literally already know that G4/5’s lasers are called light and made of light in the series. However, we accept that they are not lightspeed, since they don’t act like light a few times and are MASSIVE outliers.

The laser coming out of his eye means very little; it’s still the same laser technology that Genos faced, which was debunked to be not lightspeed.

Shrug. G5’s laser is simply more accurate then, and is being fired from a much shorter range, and has no reason to bend since Atomic is so close.

Not to mention Atomic interacts with it physically.

Its also a massive outlier.

Idk how I feel about FTL OPM but it clearly is the same type of laser. G5 is just a better version of G4. There's no arguing that part.

"Lasers" in OPM seem to be Plasma beams, at least that's how they interact. Otherwise Bang and Atomic wouldn't be able to deflect them. I feel like if something were lightspeed, (lightspeed flash anyone?) there would be some indication of the fact.

I have a question: Do we need a thread to discuss upgrading Drive Knight to 7-B or can I just ask for permission to update the profile?

I'd be fine with it. He's fighting evenly with Psykos right now, he beat Nyan pretty solidly earlier- it seems right to me and he was already "at least low 7-B, likely higher"

Are there any objections?

Alright I can make a CRT for Drive Knight. Also I was thinking about making one for Saitama's Serious Punch calc and maybe Boros's CSRC if we can get a request to recalc it with melting or a better method.

Well we finally got all the 6-A upgrades through. Dunno what to do now honestly besides wait on stuff.

I had this long, annoying discussion about this Naruto character who can turn into light, can “one shot Tatsumaki” because her barriers are see-through, meaning light passes through them, meaning he can attack through her barriers.

Does this make sense? Her barriers are see-through, but they still are physical structures.

I had this long, annoying discussion about this Naruto character who can turn into light, can “one shot Tatsumaki” because her barriers are see-through, meaning light passes through them, meaning he can attack through her barriers.

Does this make sense? Her barriers are see-through, but they still are physical structures.
Her barriers seem to have glass-like properties so light might just reflect off her barriers.

R we forgetting that tatsumaki can control and manipulate all sorts of energy thrown at her from fire,lazer,electricity, lightning...etc

When did Tatsumaki “control and manipulate all sorts of energy”? All she does is use her TK, or air pressure, to throw and blast attacks away.

He means when she stopped Psykorochi's beam and tossed it away with her telekinesis. She was holding that in place for a bit, so that's plasma being stopped there. Could she stop light (i.e. Photons)? I'm not sure, but if anyone could she certainly could. But before you cross that bridge, does this person know about Tatsumaki's aura? Piercing her barrier doesn't mean you'll hurt her, per se. If it's a sort of attack were you have to rematerialize and dematerialize, the amount of precision to warp in the infinitesimal gap between Tatsumaki's body and her aura seems like too much for some Naruto character. But maybe this person has that ability... who are we talking about here?

I’m not sure who the character was. It might’ve been a One Piece character, actually. I don’t remember.

Basically: they turn into light and can move at lightspeed for very small amounts of time. That’s all I rememner.

Sounds like Kizaru. If that is the guy we're talking about here, I'm 99.9% sure he'd get no-diffed. It'd be NLF to assume a mountain level guy (possibly large mountain level) could one shot a multi-continental opponent because he's got some universe-specific magic (logia). If you're several million times stronger, it probably overrules in-universe hax one way or another.

I don't think we assume that characters made of light can just pass through glass or forcefields unless stated.

There are times in fiction where things don't always behave like you'd expect them to. Like Mirio from MHA for example, should logically be invisible because of his intangibility powers but he isn't.

Oh and if anyone wants something to do around here, we can talk about webcomic scaling. With the diverging storylines and different character renditions, we're going to try and scale all the important webcomic characters using exclusively webcomic feats. Not everybody needs a webcomic profile, but there are many characters who are webcomic-exclusive or vastly different in the manga. If possible, we should look for key feats for wolf, tiger, demon and dragon level characters that we could scale most webcomic profiles to

I've stated this earlier, but Webcomic Garou, Boros, Saitama, flash and sonic are all faster than their manga counterparts by virtue of flash implying he's lightspeed. Garou, Boros and Saitama are all superior to him and sonic is comparable to him

Flash never implied he was lightspeed and attack names mean nothing. Saiyan saga Vegeta isn’t universal level because one of his attacks is called Big Bang Attack.

Well the main reason is that the earlier webcomic chapters mistranslated his name to Lightspeed Flash when the kanji did not say that. The Manga and Webcomic share the exact same Kanji for his name and attack moves like with the CSRC.

Back