• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
still just an absorption feat
I tried this logic with a drive knight thing and they didn't even consider it to be worth electricity resistance, because he absorbed it
although the factors there were different and he probably should have resistance still...absorbing things is not a durability feat is the point
Its not absorbing in the traditional sense. He’s moving a high speed lump of mass capable of warping several thousand miles worth of molten material directly into his body. He literally has to withstand this energy

What we calculated technically wasn't even the Gaia Cannon or an absorption feat. It was the energy he was pulling from the Earth's core to absorb for the Gaia Cannon, so he hadn't even absorbed the energy at that point.

"Low 7-B, possibly 6-C, High 6-A with Tail, higher with Gaia Cannon"

This is what they apparently want, but it just seems stupid, there is nothing wrong with Orochi being more powerful than Boros.

No dude. You tried to be "rude and cool" because I said that I really don't care about your condemnation of such jokes. Actually, your condemnation was just an attempt to appear badass, like you are such a very serious guy who does not want to see humor that is not funny enough for him here. However, you're just a haughty and infantile boy, that's all.

You can once again be ironic like "oh what a badass boy", but this will not change the fact that you were just trying to show off. Cry about it.
nah you're being real goofy right now. you act as if you're a licensed therapist who actually knows how to read people and understand their thoughts and behavior. who tf you think you are telling me how I think and feel lmao. get off your pedestal and sit down Mr. arrogant. You're on an anime thread probably in your parents basement with no degree in psychology, so calm down. I didn't condemn your cringy jokes because I want to be a "serious guy", whatever tf that means. The reason is simple. My ears bleed whenever I hear shitty lowbrow reddit jokes. Jokes that are spammed and screeched 500 times a day, such as King jokes and mosquito jokes. I like being non-serious, but that doesn't mean I have to like your cringy jokes. Yet I tried to be nice and call truce, but you replied like a total butthurt child "i dOnT cArE." 🤣

Anyways about the Orochi discussion. I can accept Orochi's durability being scaled to the Gaia Cannon. But I can't see how that somehow means his AP scales. AP usually scales to durability but you need at least some evidence to prove it if any at all. And there is absolutely none because Orochi has very few fights in the series. Usually it's granted to a character because most characters that deserve a page to begin with can harm other characters that can harm them, but that never happens with Orochi.

Of course the truth is that Gaia Cannon is actually inconceivably weaker than what the calcs suggest and Murata just didn't realize the scale of what he drew but that's not gonna go anywhere here. Why tf would Orochi unleash a life-wiping attack that destroys all living things on Earth if he wants to CONQUER it?

Instead of talking about his Gaia Cannon can we talk about how much of a waste Orochi was tho? I mean he was such a cool villain. I'm not talking about the redraws ruining him (they did but that's another thing), but he never got to shine because he got the Saitama treatment. The Monster King, with such an intimidating look and terrifying transformations, but he's also incredibly intelligent and a prodigy of greater combat skill to Garou in his lower forms.

Instead of talking about his Gaia Cannon can we talk about how much of a waste Orochi was tho? I mean he was such a cool villain. I'm not talking about the redraws ruining him (they did but that's another thing), but he never got to shine because he got the Saitama treatment. The Monster King, with such an intimidating look and terrifying transformations, but he's also incredibly intelligent and a prodigy of greater combat skill to Garou in his lower forms.
The redraw was a mistake 🗿

Anyways about the Orochi discussion. I can accept Orochi's durability being scaled to the Gaia Cannon. But I can't see how that somehow means his AP scales. AP usually scales to durability but you need at least some evidence to prove it if any at all. And there is absolutely none because Orochi has very few fights in the series. Usually it's granted to a character because most characters that deserve a page to begin with can harm other characters that can harm them, but that never happens with Orochi.
Like I said before, it's not even the Gaia Cannon or absorption. Orochi is drawing out energy before he can absorb it, and distorted part of the Earth in the process.

The redraw was a mistake 🗿
Very much so.

Gave him a wack ass design that wasn't nearly as good as his previous final form, caused the very controversial Gaia Cannon feat because Murata doesn't understand scale, ruined a lot of his cool moments against Saitama, removed Saitama seeming to take him somewhat seriously, removed Orochi actually dodging Saitama's punch and surviving more than one punch, and if I'm being completely honest? The former version straight up looked better in every way.

The only improvement in my opinion was the God mural and the reveal that Orochi was God's sacrafice. It is a good way to build up God...but what's the point if Orochi himself wasn't built-up as being on a level that actually feels relevant to God? Like sure, we knew he was absurdly powerful by Dragon level and S-Class standards, but he never did anything that huge (not counting Gaia Cannon), his only actual noteworthy feat prior to that was beating Half-Monster Garou, that's it. And because he got fodderized by Saitama without even remotely impressing him, the reveal that Orochi was a mere sacrifice for God doesn't actually do much. If they had done the same thing with the pre-redraw version of the fight, it would have been perfect.

Like I said before, it's not even the Gaia Cannon or absorption. Orochi is drawing out energy before he can absorb it, and distorted part of the Earth in the process.
I see. So the discussion from there was about how that correlates to Orochi's AP. Knowing that, I'm still on the side of "Why AP High 6-A tho". I don't see how him drawing out the energy via his tail proves that he can punch with the force of the energy that distorted the Earth.

No, the discussion was Ziller conflating the Gaia Cannon with Orochi drawing the energy for the Gaia Cannon in the first place. Mostly for the sake of downgrading Orochi since Boros doesn't upscale.

I'm on the side of 'how the hell isn't it High 6-A?'

So far, none of the logic given makes any sense, and it seems like that's not going to change for the foreseeable future.

No, the discussion was Ziller conflating the Gaia Cannon with Orochi drawing the energy for the Gaia Cannon in the first place. Mostly for the sake of downgrading Orochi since Boros doesn't upscale.

I'm on the side of 'how the hell isn't it High 6-A?'

So far, none of the logic given makes any sense, and it seems like that's not going to change for the foreseeable future.
Okay you all have fun with that.

I can rest in solace knowing Boros would make Orochi his personal jester if they met.

For some reason, only several people on this wiki can have fun when it comes to any Boros discussions.

For some reason, only several people on this wiki can have fun when it comes to any Boros discussions.
It was a joke. I genuinely could not care less about Boros. Though I do think he would beat Orochi in the context of the actual story and not the context of versus debates (some people have the misinterpretation that those are the same thing).

Also, Saitama, Garou, and Blast don't scale to the speed of the SPS? Blast literally put up his barrier AFTER the initial energy wave began to expand. Then you have Saitama and Garou creating that energy with their attacks which they scale to in the first place.

It was a joke. I genuinely could not care less about Boros. Though I do think he would beat Orochi in the context of the actual story and not the context of versus debates (some people have the misinterpretation that those are the same thing).
I was joking.
Where do you scale MeatCanyon verse btw? 💀I know where your profile picture is from.
I'm not really that big of a fan. I just thought the picture was funny.

I had it explained in excruciating detail in other threads that we don't accept energy absorption feats as anything except energy absorption
and I also had it explained that we can't even use orochi's feat for LS since it's literally absorption only and nothing about it scales to his physicals

and? the entire point of me saying that was that the energy just being inside of them doesn't mean they're actually withstanding infinite ki bruh
How is their case similar to Orochi's then? They can use ki infinitely due to whatever mechanism is within them while we literally watch Orochi drag a foreign source of energy inside them.
yes, that is indeed what it does. How does this matter when my point was that the energy being inside of him does not make him scale?
The whole point is that the energy of the CSRC is a concentration of all of the energy in his body shot at once, concentrated energy > not concentrated therefore it makes sense that Boros doesn't scale to it.
okay so boros is powerful enough to withstand csrc's energy gg 🗿
orochi having high 6-A energy storage does not say anything about his physical ability to withstand that force directly my guy.
As explained above CSRC is that energy concentrated into a blast. And if Orochi can survive having energy inside his body why would he suddenly not be able to survive that energy touching him from the outside?
well, there's a difference between a grenade and just energy. Putting a grenade inside of someone is going to kill them, that's it.
I specified the kinetic energy of the grenade rather than the grenade itself.
If someone has the power to just eat the energy of any grenade and use it to power up their attack, then no, the grenade that you already absorbed isn't gonna hurt you
How is having energy that would easily mutilate you on the outside not going to blow you up inside out if it is absorbed into your body?
energy being inside of you is not a feat, and if it was a feat then boros is csrc level gg
Explained above, if Boros wasn't H6A you could argue his durability downscales from it imo.

What we calculated technically wasn't even the Gaia Cannon or an absorption feat. It was the energy he was pulling from the Earth's core to absorb for the Gaia Cannon, so he hadn't even absorbed the energy at that point.
And he didn’t even touch the energy to begin with
Literally the only thing that happened was the energy being attracted to him and smashing stuff along the way, that’s it.
Very much does not scale to his physicals.

How is their case similar to Orochi's then? They can use ki infinitely due to whatever mechanism is within them while we literally watch Orochi drag a foreign source of energy inside them.

The whole point is that the energy of the CSRC is a concentration of all of the energy in his body shot at once, concentrated energy > not concentrated therefore it makes sense that Boros doesn't scale to it.

As explained above CSRC is that energy concentrated into a blast. And if Orochi can survive having energy inside his body why would he suddenly not be able to survive that energy touching him from the outside?
You keep repeating “it’s concentrated” and I’m just like
and? It’s literally the same amount of energy inside of him. Boros surviving the energy of csrc being inside of him isn’t a feat, Orochi having the energy of Gaia Cannon inside of him isn’t a feat, and magnetically pulling up energy from the earth isn’t a feat that’s scales to any physicals.
The end.

Of course the good ending would just be

Attack Potency: at least High 6-A, likely far higher (was called strong and almost a real fight, while he considered Orochi’s Gaia cannon nothing but a bad joke) 🗿

Literally if you look at the panel, Orochi never “displaced” anything physically, the only thing that happened is the energy got absorbed and bent the stuff that was in its way, that’s it.

And he didn’t even touch the energy to begin with
Literally the only thing that happened was the energy being attracted to him and smashing stuff along the way, that’s it.
Very much does not scale to his physicals.
That makes absolutely no sense. He dragged it with the power to bend the planet through his tail. It wasn't just the energy itself existing and being attracted like a magnet.

The Boros copium is real.

Last edited:
That makes absolutely no sense. He dragged it with the power to bend the planet through his tail, literally saying he'll 'pull' it. It wasn't just the energy itself existing and being attracted like a magnet.
This completely contradicts what was said to me about Orochi’s LS scaling to bending the layers….but regardless, it’s quite literally never shown that he touched it, and the panel literally only shows the energy being attracted to his tail like a magnet and nothing else.
And no, the useage of the word “pull” still applies to pulling things magnetically. Nothing there suggests his tail even went into the core at all

Gave him a wack ass design that wasn't nearly as good as his previous final form, caused the very controversial Gaia Cannon feat because Murata doesn't understand scale, ruined a lot of his cool moments against Saitama, removed Saitama seeming to take him somewhat seriously, removed Orochi actually dodging Saitama's punch and surviving more than one punch, and if I'm being completely honest? The former version straight up looked better in every way.
"Murata then added that it should not be a problem for Orochi to survive a few of Saitama's normal punches". So yeah, he could have been cool, but instead he sucks.

So he should have been a lot cooler than he was. On that note though, normal punches are Moon level, can we scale?

What was said to you, then? Because there's a reason why Orochi doesn't have Class G.

Nobody is arguing that Orochi's tail went to the core because it doesn't matter. This is like saying that Boros doesn't scale to his own energy attacks because they're non physical as well.

It certainly doesn't imply some sort of separate existence of power for his tail.

Honestly, this is just such non-evidence Boros cope that I'm not even going to entertain it by responding. Make a CRT if you're this passionate.

What was said to you, then? Because there's a reason why Orochi doesn't have Class G.

Nobody is arguing that Orochi's tail went to the core because it doesn't matter. This is like saying that Boros doesn't scale to his own attacks because they're non physical.

It certainly doesn't imply some sort of separate existence of power for his tail.

Honestly, this is just such non-evidence Boros cope that I'm not even going to entertain it. Make a CRT if you're this passionate.
I was thinking that we could just have a reasonable normal discussion about this rather than calling it dumb Boros cope every 2 seconds, but maybe that’s too much to ask from this place.

Regardless, if you’re saying that orochi physically pulled out the energy with his tail, stretching it to lengths that he has never been shown to be able to, in a panel that very clearly does not show his tail pulling it physically, then I’m wondering where your proof for that is.

Back