• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
nah you're being real goofy right now. you act as if you're a licensed therapist who actually knows how to read people and understand their thoughts and behavior. who tf you think you are telling me how I think and feel lmao. get off your pedestal and sit down Mr. arrogant. You're on an anime thread probably in your parents basement with no degree in psychology, so calm down. I didn't condemn your cringy jokes because I want to be a "serious guy", whatever tf that means. The reason is simple. My ears bleed whenever I hear shitty lowbrow reddit jokes. Jokes that are spammed and screeched 500 times a day, such as King jokes and mosquito jokes. I like being non-serious, but that doesn't mean I have to like your cringy jokes. Yet I tried to be nice and call truce, but you replied like a total butthurt child "i dOnT cArE." 🤣
Sorry, but....

Regardless, if you’re saying that orochi physically pulled out the energy with his tail, stretching it to lengths that he has never been shown to be able to, in a panel that very clearly does not show his tail pulling it physically, then I’m wondering where your proof for that is.
My guy, I literally just said I wasn't suggesting such a thing, and that it doesn't matter if he dragged it physically.

Evil Water thing
Probably monster Garou since water was a serious punch
honestly I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea that saitama’s normal punches against people he does intend to kill are all the same starting strength, or else it wouldn’t make sense that he makes a big deal out of characters being able to not get one punched. But the wiki’s never gonna accept that in a million years.

So what are you talking about? The earthquake feat?
No. I'm saying the core feat shouldn't just be regulated to made-up tail bullshit just because he didn't do it with a punch, extent his tail directly there, or something along those physical lines.

Anyway, I don't see the need to respond anymore.

No. I'm saying the core feat shouldn't just be regulated to made-up tail bullshit just because he didn't do it with a punch, extent his tail directly there, or something along those physical lines.
I was just asking a question. If the basis for the AP wasn’t orochi physically affecting the earth’s layers, then where does it come from?

Probably monster Garou since water was a serious punch
honestly I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea that saitama’s normal punches against people he does intend to kill are all the same starting strength, or else it wouldn’t make sense that he makes a big deal out of characters being able to not get one punched. But the wiki’s never gonna accept that in a million years.
Saitama has three punches with confirmed/consistent strength.

The test punch: He uses this first against all monsters he encounters. Severely injures characters low in High-6A. It's confirmed to be a consistent measuring stick in databooks.

Normal Punches: Almost always used in his combo attack, able to consistently tear through High-6A characters and severely damage 5C characters.

Serious Punch: His max power, scales to 4A.

If it's not a named attack, or his first punch against a monster he plans to kill, then there is no scaling, but if a monster survives the first punch, or consecutive normal punches, or a Serious Punch, we can scale them.

Purely theoretical.

If in the next story arc, Genos would have about 25 indications that the peak power of his beam is 100 kilotons, and the main plot of this arc would revolve around this number and we would even be described how powerful 100 kilotons is (radius in numbers like in real life), that this is immeasurably much for almost all heroes, and there would even be calculations of how Genos can kill the enemy so as not to destroy himself, taking on only 20 tons of TNT, otherwise he will be torn apart - would it affect is this for previous levels of Genos? Or it would be related to mangaka not understanding the levels of their characters.

So what exactly happened? Did orochi reach down and pull it, or is he getting the AP from absorbing it? Or is it something else.
This is very confusing.
Orochi didn't absorb the energy at that point. What he scales to is pulling the energy from the surface with enough force to distort the Earth. Reaching down or physically interacting has nothing to do with it.

Purely theoretical.

If in the next story arc, Genos would have about 25 indications that the peak power of his beam is 100 kilotons, and the main plot of this arc would revolve around this number and we would even be described how powerful 100 kilotons is (radius in numbers like in real life), that this is immeasurably much for almost all heroes, and there would even be calculations of how Genos can kill the enemy so as not to destroy himself, taking on only 20 tons of TNT, otherwise he will be torn apart - would it affect is this for previous levels of Genos? Or it would be related to mangaka not understanding the levels of their characters.
Probably the latter. With franchises like the Arrowverse and series like Kongō Banchō, we prefer feats far more than statements.

For example, if we considered Genos high-tier and B-Class low-tier, then even mid-tiers would have feats well in excess of 20 tons.

Probably the latter. With franchises like the Arrowverse and series like Kongō Banchō, we prefer feats far more than statements.

For example, if we considered Genos high-tier and B-Class low-tier, then even mid-tiers would have feats well in excess of 20 tons.
Well, let's think. As far as I know, the main level of Genos comes from the top of the mountain and the beams of psykorocha.

If we imagine that there was no evaporation of the mountain, and the cracks against the background of the Psykoroch explosion are smaller than the others shown, then this would probably fit his description of the level. Well, except that he tanks 20 tons of TNT.

Well, let's think. As far as I know, the main level of Genos comes from the top of the mountain and the beams of psykorocha.

If we imagine that there was no evaporation of the mountain, and the cracks against the background of the Psykoroch explosion are smaller than the others shown, then this would probably fit his description of the level. Well, except that he tanks 20 tons of TNT.
Even without evaporation, all ends are >>20 tons of TNT. But I get your point.

Anyway, that's a given. You're basically asking what if Genos had no feats above 20 tons? In that case, we would accept the statement as long as it's not an outlier.

Last edited:
That's been there the whole time and we just haven't used it lol.

Edit: It at least scales him above Tatsumaki, who we know to exist at the time.
Unless he scales above Saitama, I don't think we should treat the quote as literal.

Orochi didn't absorb the energy at that point. What he scales to is pulling the energy from the surface with enough force to distort the Earth. Reaching down or physically interacting has nothing to do with it.
Okay so you’re saying he didn’t physically pull it, but you’re also saying he didn’t just magnetically pull it
do you see why I’m confused now?

What I said is that he pulled it in a way that'd scale to AP.

For example, that he just activated some sort of magnet and attracted it.

If he generated a magnetic field (again, this is only an example) with enough strength to pull it himself, that's still AP and (I'm pretty sure, anyway) would still scale to durability.
People would just say “well he wasn’t stronger than saitama therefore the statement is completely unusable” tbh
but the author intent is incredibly clear to me
Given that half of the statements about the association are absolute hyperbole bullshit, I'd say the exact opposite is true when it comes to authorial intent.

Last edited:
My guy, what I said is that he pulled it in a way that'd scale to AP.

For example, that he just activated some sort of magnet and attracted it.

If he generated a magnetic field (again, this is only an example) with enough strength to pull it himself, that's still AP and (I'm pretty sure, anyway) would still scale to durability.
I am 99.9999% sure creating a magnetic field type thing wouldn’t scale to your physicals in any way without additional evidence.
But if he pulled it in a way that scaled to his AP, then I’d suggest you say what way that was exactly, because so far I feel like we just did a “did he touch it?” “No” “did he attract it?” “No he touched it” “so he touched it” “no”

Yeah it would. Unless he did it via some kind of gadget or amp, it'd definitely scale to AP.

You're literally just making unprovable statements and expecting me to prove them, so no. You haven't got any evidence yourself that he did this with some kind of external mechanism.

Here's the answer, as given in the chapter; he pulled it. I don't really need to explain it because something like that is already an AP feat, and the one who actually needs to debunk it being AP is you.

You're basically asking what if Genos had no feats above 20 tons?
No, 100 kilo.

And no, I believe that the current Genos is quite possibly at the level of 700 kilotons physically.

To be honest, the feat of Psykorochy at 1.2 megatons is a wank. I am familiar with DarthSpiderr (In VK), and he admitted that he chose the most advantageous position of the crack during the calculation, so that it was as small as possible for the explosion itself. And if he had not been banned, he would have recalculated this feat.

I'll probably do it myself. This would not greatly reduce the result, but given that it is only a little over 1 megaton, the result will be at the level of 700 kilotons, probably.

No, 100 kilo.
I know what you said, but feats less than 20 tons would have to be a given for your hypothetical to remotely work.
And no, I believe that the current Genos is quite possibly at the level of 700 kilotons physically.
I didn't say you didn't believe that. It was purely hypothetical.
To be honest, the feat of Psykorochy at 1.2 megatons is a wank. I am familiar with DarthSpiderr (In VK), and he admitted that he chose the most advantageous position of the crack during the calculation, so that it was as small as possible for the explosion itself. And if he had not been banned, he would have recalculated this feat.

I'll probably do it myself. This would not greatly reduce the result, but given that it is only a little over 1 megaton, the result will be at the level of 700 kilotons, probably.
Ok, then.

I am 99.9999% sure creating a magnetic field type thing wouldn’t scale to your physicals in any way without additional evidence.
But if he pulled it in a way that scaled to his AP, then I’d suggest you say what way that was exactly, because so far I feel like we just did a “did he touch it?” “No” “did he attract it?” “No he touched it” “so he touched it” “no”
On the other hand, striking and dura are different discussions that I personally don't have the patience for rn.

Exactly my point. The statement wouldn't surpass those consistent feats, unless all the feats themselves weren't 20 tons or above.

Given that half of the statements about the association are absolute hyperbole bullshit, I'd say the exact opposite is true when it comes to authorial intent.
I mean, Boros did take saitama’s regular punches, saitama did hype up his power while actively shit on Orochi, and Orochi did get Gaia cannon obliterated by a joke attack and annihilated by a very normal punch. The author intent is all too obvious, and I think the vast majority would agree with that.

Yeah it would. Unless he did it via some kind of gadget or amp, it'd definitely scale to AP.

You're literally just making unprovable statements and expecting me to prove them, so no. You haven't got any evidence yourself that he did this with some kind of external mechanism.

Here's the answer, as given in the chapter; he pulled it. I don't really need to explain it because something like that is already an AP feat, and the one who actually needs to debunk it being AP is you.
By the way can someone else confirm if making a magnetic field would scale to physicals? I mean, it’s very inherently not a physical feat to begin with unless it is suggested by outside evidence that it scales.

Exactly my point. The statement wouldn't surpass those consistent feats, unless all the feats themselves weren't 20 tons or above.
There is a theory that One-Punch Man's art style is exaggerating, so the size and power indications for various characters are much smaller than what is shown.

I mean, Boros did take saitama’s regular punches, saitama did hype up his power while actively shit on Orochi, and Orochi did get Gaia cannon obliterated by a joke attack and annihilated by a very normal punch. The author intent is all too obvious, and I think the vast majority would agree with that.
If you're talking about Orochi specifically and not the databook, I agree. However, something almost everyone agrees on =/= enough to put on the profile.
By the way can someone else confirm if making a magnetic field would scale to physicals? I mean, it’s very inherently not a physical feat to begin with unless it is suggested by outside evidence that it scales.
As I said above, not necessarily physicals like striking and dura, but it is AP.
There is a theory that One-Punch Man's art style is exaggerating, so the size and power indications for various characters are much smaller than what is shown.
That is a theory this wiki will very happily ignore unless it suits our narrative.

Back