• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also can anyone help me remember the reasoning for this whole thing about why saitama's AD apparently wouldn't let him reach another tier with how varying degrees of infinities work?

Also can anyone help me remember the reasoning for this whole thing about why saitama's AD apparently wouldn't let him reach another tier with how varying degrees of infinities work?
Another tier but still 3-D? NLF

Another tier like High 3-A or above? Because f(x)=a^x won't reach infinite unless x=infinite

Another tier like High 3-A or above? Because f(x)=a^x won't reach infinite unless x=infinite
Yeah, that's a little weird, I mean, you could put Saitama at a 100 times debuff, and he could get to 100 times in no time, but no, apparently it's pretty ridiculous to think that he could have a couple of levels. beyond your own level.
I mean, going from galaxy to universal in this case does not seem so far away.
but considering that simon is allowed to evolve and be 12 dimensional, because apparently it's too ridiculous, with saitama I expect no less.

I mean
he does have his limiter completely removed, it's quite explicit that he has no upper limit
it would be completely insane to truly believe that he can't reach any finite tier. There's an argument to be made that he can reach high 3-A, but there's no way saitama couldn't become 3-A if he needed

No. Blast refused any transaction, something that caused God to disappear when Tatsumaki also denied a transaction, and began his campaign (same scan also shows that he was tired and bleeding) against God.

At this point in the story, I'm pretty sure God can't even be fought directly, and he's been interacting with the normal universe far more commonly.
...i just realized, didnt sitch just straight up mention blast as having "pitted himself against god"? Like if there was no fight and all there is was a talk, then why use a term that points towards the interaction as blast specifically acting upon in opposition against this entity? It seems like he refused the transaction but there being an "AND" means a course of action taken right after.

This isnt even speculation anymore when you factor in what stitch says later on regarding the interaction, and i quote "the only reason blast was able to do battle with god is because hes a person with the ability to manipulate space time". It pretty much establishes that the latter "pitted himself against god" half occured immediately after blast said no.

One could be right in thinking god can't actually be interacted with normally... until you realize that blast isnt exactly normal with his spacetime manipulation powers; an ability noted to be the only way to fight god. Blast literally already has the means to reach god directly.

The same scan youre talking about can just be blast after fighting god.

Last edited:
I want to make a Spring Moustache vs Puss in Boots vs thread since they both use Rapier swords but Puss profile seems to be outdated

I want to make a Spring Moustache vs Puss in Boots vs thread since they both use Rapier swords but Puss profile seems to be outdated
Oh my glob please hopefully theres no puss n boots spoilers in this thread im about to watch it and i'll kill myself if i see any

...i just realized, didnt sitch just straight up mention blast as having "pitted himself against god"?
Yes, he began to work against God, like collecting all of his oopart and forming alliances. There wasn't an actual fight.

Pit can mean fight, but it can also mean compete.
"the only reason blast was able to do battle with god is because hes a person with the ability to manipulate space time". It pretty much establishes that the latter "pitted himself against god" half occured immediately after blast said no.
Sitch also said they'd been continuously fighting for 20 years, 18 years before any of their direct interactions. This outright confirms that do battle and pit against just means 'defy God's will'.

Battle as a verb doesn't necessarily even mean directly fight with arms, much like how 'go to war' doesn't automatically mean engaging in an armed conflict.

Last edited:
Yes, he began to work against God, like collecting all of his oopart and forming alliances. There wasn't an actual fight.

Pit can mean fight, but it can also mean compete.

Sitch also said they'd been continuously fighting for 20 years, 18 years before any of their direct interactions. This outright confirms that do battle and pit against just means 'defy God's will'.

Battle as a verb doesn't necessarily even mean directly fight with arms, much like how 'go to war' doesn't automatically mean engaging in an armed conflict.
It seems redundant then for stitch to deliberately mention that blast is "competing" against god in the same sentence of blast having finally met him directly, when its apparently already established beforehand that they had been "defying god's will" for 18 years before any of their direct interactions.

Competing and defying god's will had already happened. "Pitted himself against god" is an extra detail about the interaction.

Your intrepretation refers the second half of sitch's sentence as supposedly past tense, which seems weird considering that stich is talking about the flow of events that took place. Isn't the manga usually portrayed in chronological order?

It brings to reason that "pitted himself against god" happened AFTER they met, and was actually a fight that physically took place right then and there. Those 18 years are separate.

Last edited:
It seems redundant then for stitch to deliberately mention that blast is "competing" against god in the same sentence of blast having finally met him directly, when its apparently already established beforehand that they had been "defying god's will" for 18 years before any of their direct interactions.
It's not redundant at all. In that exact same scan, Sitch establishes that Blast chose to neglect his heroic duties after God appears directly in order to more effectively combat God's influence. Prior to this, he was collecting and analysing oopart.

Also, Blast is still fending off God (without fighting him, as we've seen in recent chapters) in modern times. So pit against almost certainly does refer to the fact that he started ongoing conflict rather than a direct 1v1 fight.
Your intrepretation refers the second half of sitch's sentence as supposedly past tense, which seems weird considering that stich is talking about the flow of events that took place. Isn't the manga usually portrayed in chronological order?
No, my interpretation of the sentence just implies that fight =/= actual physical combat. I said nothing of the flow of events, just that pit against is as meaningless as fighting if you're going by definitions, especially when the chapter shows this to be the case.

Last edited:
It's not redundant at all. In that exact same scan, Sitch establishes that Blast chose to neglect his heroic duties in order to more effectively combat God's influence after God appears directly. Prior to this, he was collecting and analysing oopart.
Everything youve mentioned falls under "defying god's will" that blast had already been doing for the last 18 years, which stitch classifies as part of the 20 years that "blast has been continously fighting god", which includes the collecting and analysing oopart. Its literally just a continuation of him "competing" against god. The scans changes nothing; he was still doing the same exact stuff.

Which again, makes your interpretation redundant.
No, my interpretation of the sentence just implies that fight =/= actual physical combat. I said nothing of the flow of events, just that pit against is as meaningless as fighting if you're going by definitions, especially when the chapter shows this to be the case.
Refer to the above

Last edited:
You're just twisting my own words there, not even using anything from the source material, so it's completely meaningless. I said 'do battle' (something that's not even from the other scan) and 'pit'. I didn't say it all falls under that umbrella equally.

There's nothing redundant about it. He's taking a more active role in combatting God after approaching him.

And once again, the fact that Blast even pitted himself against God in the first place, even if that 20 years scan doesn't exist, can still easily refer to an indirect conflict because he's still engaged in an ongoing war against God in modern times. Is he not 'pitted' against God currently without indirectly fighting him (having probably fought his manifestations)?

Also, let's just review the claim here.

You're saying that Past Blast can't be on par with EC because he fought God.

But, Garou, who hadn't even received a complete impartation of power and stole the power, was already at least on par with Blast and broke all his gates after copying his techniques and Saitama's consecutive punches.

Garou then powered up immensely via fighting Saitama and evolving, and God still takes it away and reduces him to a statue.

Wouldn't it be far more likely that if they fought directly (according to you, anyway) God wasn't fighting at full power?

You're just twisting my own words there, not even using anything from the source material, so it's completely meaningless. I said 'do battle' (something that's not even from the other scan) and 'pit'. I didn't say it all falls under that umbrella equally.
Im literally just quoting your definitions of the word "pitted". "Competing" "defy god's will" came from you assuming that the latter half of the sentence as what it meant.

Also im confused, what part am I not using the source material here?
There's nothing redundant about it. He's taking a more active role in combatting God after approaching him.
Can you tell me the difference between the 18 years of blast fighting against god compared to blast taking a more active role in combatting god and how the other doesnt qualify for "pitted himself against god"?

Remember, stich qualifies those 18 years before god approached blast as blast fighting him.
And once again, the fact that Blast even pitted himself against God in the first place, even if that 20 years scan doesn't exist, can still easily refer to an indirect conflict because he's still engaged in an ongoing war against God in modern times. Is he not 'pitted' against God currently without indirectly fighting him (having probably fought his manifestations)?
Because the fighting had already occured at the start of those 20 years, and present times is just the continuation of that fight. For the fight to have already been ongoing for those 18 years, and for stitch to go blast "pitted himself against god" after the interaction, makes it redundant.

Last edited:
Also, let's just review the claim here.

You're saying that Past Blast can't be on par with EC because he fought God.

But, Garou, who hadn't even received a complete impartation of power and stole the power, was already at least on par with Blast and broke all his gates after copying his techniques and Saitama's consecutive punches.

Garou then powered up immensely via fighting Saitama and evolving, and God still takes it away and reduces him to a statue.

Wouldn't it be far more likely that if they fought directly (according to you, anyway) God wasn't fighting at full power?
My argument was really only about what the sentence is reffering to and its implications

But ig whatever makes the most sense

Im literally just quoting your definitions of the word "pitted". "Competing" "defy god's will" came from you assuming that the latter half of the sentence as what it meant.
And you didn't even quote me properly, as I was explaining. What even is this point? It doesn't actually address my counter.
Can you tell me the difference between the 18 years of blast fighting against god compared to blast taking a more active role in combatting god and how the other doesnt qualify for "pitted himself against god"?
Literally already did.

18 years = Blast stealing God's oopart to prevent his influence.

2 years = Blast meets God directly, abandons his hero duties, and takes a more direct approach in fighting God (like fending off his manifestations and stopping people from making deals).
Because the fighting had already occured at the start of those 20 years, and present times is just the continuation of that fight. For the fight to have already been ongoing for those 18 years, and for stitch to go blast "pitted himself against god" after the interaction, makes it redundant.
It's as if you didn't even listen to what I said, so I'm not really going to bother with this especially since you conceded.

Also, God notably isn't attacking Blast directly here, suggesting he'd only descended from the sky during the battle at that point. The fact that Blast and EC's engagement was a lasting battle also proves that EC at least took Blast's attacks for some time.

Last edited:
And you didn't even quote me properly, as I was explaining. What even is this point? It doesn't actually address my counter.
Might be a case of misunderstanding lol
Literally already did.

18 years = Blast stealing God's oopart to prevent his influence.

2 years = Blast meets God directly, abandons his hero duties, and takes a more direct approach in fighting God (like fending off his manifestations and stopping people from making deals).
But how does that 18 years not qualify for "pitted himself against god"? Doesnt stitch straight up say that blast had been fighting god for 20 years already, as in, "blast stealing gods oopart to prevent his influence" is considered him fighting? As in, part of "pitted"?

Am I missing something here?
It's as if you didn't even listen to what I said, so I'm not really going to bother with this especially since you conceded.
Still confused and want clarification
Also, God notably isn't attacking Blast directly here, suggesting he'd descended from the sky during the battle.
Isn't that panel just god starting his transaction with blast? Why would he attack immediately again?
The fact that Blast and EC's engagement was a lasting battle also proves that EC at least took Blast's attacks for some time.
Tbf, EC apearing anywhere would cause untold amount of collateral damage if left alone for even a moment. Those pics mean nothing when we dont know how long EC had been there and when exactly blast arrived.

I really just don't have the effort, but I will go through that other stuff.
Isn't that panel just god starting his transaction with blast? Why would he attack immediately again?
Why would he attack Blast, who was only moderately damaged and still powerful enough to fly and move around from this supposed assault, in the first place and then ask for a transaction? That makes very little sense.

It'd be like shooting a person in the foot and then expecting them to become your friend. It's not even like God crippled Blast to the point where his only recourse is to accept a deal.
Tbf, EC apearing anywhere would cause untold amount of collateral damage if left alone for even a moment. Those pics mean nothing when we dont know how long EC had been there.
I didn't say it took some time because the city was destroyed, I said it took some time because most of EC's body is notably undamaged and he notably escaped at some point by digging underground (which takes time). Blast would've definitely killed EC if he could only survive a few hits.

Last edited:
I really just don't have the effort, but I will go through that other stuff.

Why would he attack Blast, who was only moderately damaged and still powerful enough to fly and move around, in the first place and then ask for a transaction? That makes very little sense.

It'd be like shooting a person in the foot and then expecting them to become your friend. It's not even like he crippled Blast to the point where his only recourse is to accept God's deal.
Uh when did i say they fought first, then god made the transaction? Did i actually accidentally say that or something what the heck?

My point was that the transaction occured first, and right after a fight took place.
I didn't say it took some time because the city was destroyed, I said it took some time because most of EC's body is notably undamaged and he notably escaped at some point.
I mean a good portion of EC's body is offscreen? That, and with EC's regen and blast's care for collateral damage, theres a pretty good argument to be made.

Back