• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Tatsumaki Powers and Abilities

Additions

Note: I'm not touching this feat because it has nothing to do with a new ability (but a TK precision feat), which is the section I'm revising right now.

Removal
The only real explanation of that ability comes from Webcomic (chapter 99), a chapter that was already covered by manga, yet this ability wasn't shown, so it should be removed.
No scan
No scan. It probably comes from WC Chi manipulation which still doesn't appear in manga. Given the clear differences between both canons, I think it should be better to erase it from now until such chapter is covered

Also, from her "Notable Attacks/Techniques", Chi/Aura Manipulation, Psychic Whirlwind and Psychic Binding should be removed as that's webcomic-only.

Agree: 1:5

@LordTracer (neutral with Regeneration/Elasticity), @Kachon123, @Epiccheev (Neutral on elasticity/regeneration), @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer (neuttal on elasticity/regeneration)

Disagree: 0:0

Last edited:
An OPM revision with references
Oh, thank the gods.

Btw, Discord scans aren’t allowed on the wiki, all of them need to be converted to Imgur albums.
Power Mimicry: Can copy the wavelength of telekinetic signals (Manga Chapter 177: The Supernatural & Risks)
This should probably be Limited Power Mimicry.
Neutral on this, I want to see what others think before I give my thoughts.

Everything else is good to go.

Agree with enhanced senses, extrasensory perception justification changes, illusion manipulation and light creation.

Neutral on limited power mimicry.

Disagree with regeneration/elasticity, I need to see more before I support that.

I believe for future reference we need to wait longer to do larger CRTs and wait several chapters before updating things, as things can change on a chapter by chapter basis and new powers may change with the context of the next chapter.

Thank you for your imput.

And tbf I don't see how "future reference" could come to explain how Tatsumaki recovered after TK crush or her copying TK wavelength since the enemy that crushed her is already defeated and what comes next, going by WC, is Tatsumaki vs Saitama fight

The proposal is mostly fine outside of Regeneration/Elasticity.
I’d say this a notable example of Pain Resistance (a fairly impressive one too, since not a lot of characters in OPM would be able to brush off their spine getting contorted), which afaik would fall under her stamina section. It also shows she’s able to use her psychic powers to reconfigure her bones if they’re twisted, mangled or contorted to an extent, but it’s not enough for regeneration.

I think we should wait for Viz translation of this chapter as they even translate the SFX. If there is text like "crack crack" when Tatsumaki is being twisted then I think we can certainly give her Healing or Regeneration.

The power mimicry is weird though, the way she describes and uses it is more like she just tracked the psychic wavelengths of Agent Finger to discover where the pill was instead of copying them

Agree with OP, psychic binding specifically I think she does in manga, but that's the thing she just does it and binds others. So it's not called psychic binding, maybe that could just be chalked up to restraint? But its still binding another esper. But if webcomic feats arent allowed on the profile(?) then that scan I agree can go either way.

As for tatsumaki folding it's clearly resistance to fold Manipulation fr (no idea what this would be)

Only way i can see her power mimicry being useful in a battle is if she fights a technology user who uses their own psychic wavelength to control machines/give commands. Maybe she can copy mind control if a character broadcasts their psychic wavelength to control other people

Only way i can see her power mimicry being useful in a battle is if she fights a technology user who uses their own psychic wavelength to control machines/give commands. Maybe she can copy mind control if a character broadcasts their psychic wavelength to control other people
Or maybe just copy common psychic powers abilities by verse equalization

Mimicking psychic wave length is would probably be more effective in battles between espers like shown. Similar to how she copied the inverted barrier but made it better, but could chalk that up to her skill as an esper. Guess we'll wait for manga to show more, but I like how they're dealing with stuff

Edit: Yeah, like above, psychic wavelength pretty important in esper fight I would assume

It's not the first time we've seen an esper copy the powers of other. Psykos already did that copying Tatsumaki's pressence split

And we know Tatsumaki's a genius esper, so it'd be pretty obvious she could copy common psychic applications quite easily as she did there

On that note, we should also update her intelligence section. Everything she did with esper powers during the fight I think could be enough for Genius intelligence.

On that note, we should also update her intelligence section. Everything she did with esper powers during the fight I think could be enough for Genius intelligence.
I think the best intelligence feats were disguising herself as energy to be absorbed by psykos, and then disguising a rock as herself to pinpoint psykos’ location
I don’t really know if anything during the last chapter warrants more than her current rating but I guess it depends on what your reasons are

I think the best intelligence feats were disguising herself as energy to be absorbed by psykos, and then disguising a rock as herself to pinpoint psykos’ location
I don’t really know if anything during the last chapter warrants more than her current rating but I guess it depends on what your reasons are
Those too but mainly her multi tasking through the fight.

Viz translation just dropped
0175-012.png

0175-013.png

As you can see there is SFX of bones breaking so I think Tatsumaki should be able to get Self Healing now

None of her limbs actually look broken though.

Could just be her joints popping & twisting.

It's also contradicted by the fact that Tatsumaki never healed any of her injuries during the MA Arc fight.

I don't really know if I agree with Illusion Creation here, if Tatsumaki had a more clear feat or did this again (like Sonic) I would agree

also bump

You don't need a character to use one ability several times for them to have it.

And it's pretty clear that the rocks had the form of Tatsumaki, but ok I guess

The only feat mentioned is the one you linked.

And "is a ninja therefore it makes sense for him to have such abilities" is not an argument. Tatsumaki has the exact same feat, therefore, it should be trates equally

Back