• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also, this does confirm the theories that Blast has faced God, just...not God also. If he was fighting God at the latter's full capacity Blast 100% would have been killed. I'm just happy to see the story being progressed in a non-fanservicy way. It feels like the webcomic again and I like that.
I feel differently honestly. It feels like a Remake with DLC. I like it as well but I no longer see it as the webcomic.

Gotta blame cosmic garou for that.

why saitama was shown when they talked about something that is summoning god
The current main theory goes back to the House of Evolution Scientist guy. According to him, God put on a limit on all beings since at the start of life no living thing has a limiter and therefore had infinite potential. God placed a limiter on that potential, and since Saitama broke his limiter God is now drawn to the Earth. God being drawn to Earth when Saitama started to break his limiter is also likely why there's been a massive surge in threat levels and disasters appearing.

who doesnt

jarry-hello.gif

The current main theory goes back to the House of Evolution Scientist guy. According to him, God put on a limit on all beings since at the start of life no living thing has a limiter and therefore had infinite potential. God placed a limiter on that potential, and since Saitama broke his limiter God is now drawn to the Earth. God being drawn to Earth when Saitama started to break his limiter is also likely why there's been a massive surge in threat levels and disasters appearing.
I like this theory personally. If true, there are several possible ways this could lead. I doubt Saitama's gonna "sacrifice" himself for the Earth or anything. God probably doesn't know who in particular broke their limiter, but his reason for wanting to exterminate the human race is probably connected to this, I would suspect he has begun to view humanity as a threat if a human has managed to do such a thing. Gives us a reason for his goal, if nothing else.

I could understand God's fear there. Saitama was a normal human (by OPM standard's) before his training and breaking his limiter, thus, any OPM character can do this. Theoretically speaking, all of humanity could break their limiter. So yeah, if that's God's idea, then him wanting to annihilate humanity makes sense, not justified obviously, but it makes sense.

OPM character can do this. Theoretically speaking, all of humanity could break their limiter.
It's not just humanity. Any living being can break their limiter with the right mindset and effort behind it. It's just most lack one or both of those things. If Saitama didn't consider his own training regime difficult, he wouldn't have broken his limiter because he'd lack the right mindset. Its why someone like Genos would never be able to remove his limiter even if he followed Saitama training 1:1, because the mindset and effort won't match up.

Tbh, Genos saying with certainty that God will be stopped by Saitama could be interpreted as a foreshadowing red flag that Saitama will lose, many authors LOVE to do that. I doubt it for obvious reasons, as writing tropes of this sort don't usually happen with OPM and especially Saitama, ONE isn't typically that kind of author who goes with those kinds of writing formats, but with the manga's more serious tones lately, and Saitama being rivaled by an opponent made by a fraction of the power God offered, it's not totally impossible. Just throwing it out there, not saying it's likely.

It's not just humanity. Any living being can break their limiter with the right mindset and effort behind it. It's just most lack one or both of those things. If Saitama didn't consider his own training regime difficult, he wouldn't have broken his limiter because he'd lack the right mindset. Its why someone like Genos would never be able to remove his limiter even if he followed Saitama training 1:1, because the mindset and effort won't match up.
Iirc, it's stated that Monster's cannot do this, right? And animals wouldn't have the mental capacity to think of doing such harsh training. And yes I know the rest.

Edit: Nvm that's just a theory about the Monster's.

Tbh, Genos saying with certainty that God will be stopped by Saitama could be interpreted as a foreshadowing red flag that Saitama will lose, many authors LOVE to do that.
Murata's ending idea was that Saitama beats God, but by doing so basically retcons the verse and makes everything normal. So the manga ends with a normal Saitama meeting a high school Genos or something.
Iirc, it's stated that Monster's cannot do this, right?
No, even Monsters have limiters. Its just that their limiters are higher than a baseline human's. DSK if he worked hard enough could break his limiter like Saitama's.

The issue is, the stronger you are, the more difficult it is to break your limiter unless you have the right mindset. Its why Garou was never able to break his limiter, because his fake mindset never allowed him to overcome that limit.

I take it that people like saitama are like the axis from tower of god. Anyone can have it happened to them, but the chances are pretty much random, and it barely happens to anyone.

I mean, look what garou, blast, and saitama are capable of doing. Would be pretty catastrophic if everyone had a method of accomplishing it. Maybe for some the method is so extreme that it’s pretty much impossible.

I’m likely wrong, but it’s my cope for saitama being special.

Murata's ending idea was that Saitama beats God, but by doing so basically retcons the verse and makes everything normal. So the manga ends with a normal Saitama meeting a high school Genos or something.
Ah yes, Murata's version of what he'd like the ending to be. A horrible nightmare that should never come to pass in reality.

No, even Monsters have limiters. Its just that their limiters are higher than a baseline human's. DSK if he worked hard enough could break his limiter like Saitama's.

The issue is, the stronger you are, the more difficult it is to break your limiter unless you have the right mindset. Its why Garou was never able to break his limiter, because his fake mindset never allowed him to overcome that limit.
nah their limiters aren't necessarily higher than a human's, it's just that they reach their limits quickly
garou can become 5-C again for example, but only through intense battle, and not turning into a monster. Although it's likely that his limiter is already broken anyways, so who knows

nah their limiters aren't necessarily higher than a human's,
What I mean is that the barrier of their limiter is higher than a human's.

Without a limiter everything would have an equal strength capacity. A hummingbird would have the same potential as a Tuna Fish which would have the same potential as Boros who would have the same potential as a normal human. But with the limiter in place, different things will have different levels of power. A normal human can never match the Seafolk, because their limiter makes them weaker than a Seafolk.

Which is why I mentioned you have to break those limits and have the right mindset for it to work. Garou couldn't break his limiter because he could never be truthful with himself. Saitama could break his limiter, because he was always honest with his goal and never stopped going for it even when he was shattering bones or nearly dying on some days.

Also, I think limiter broken beings will not necessarily mean everyone would be equally powerful. I guess they would be limitless, but their growth could varie.

Saiyans for example are pretty much limitless, yet Broly and Gohan are the only ones who can get ridiculously powerful in extremely short amount of time. But it is theoretically possible for every saiyan to be equally powerful.

lso, I think limiter broken beings will not necessarily mean everyone would be equally powerful.
Yeah they would have different base strengths. It's just that everyone would have Saitama's stupid levels of AD. Which would rapidly become a problem if two remotely even things began to fight each other.

What I mean is that the barrier of their limiter is higher than a human's.

Without a limiter everything would have an equal strength capacity. A hummingbird would have the same potential as a Tuna Fish which would have the same potential as Boros who would have the same potential as a normal human. But with the limiter in place, different things will have different levels of power. A normal human can never match the Seafolk, because their limiter makes them weaker than a Seafolk.

Which is why I mentioned you have to break those limits and have the right mindset for it to work. Garou couldn't break his limiter because he could never be truthful with himself. Saitama could break his limiter, because he was always honest with his goal and never stopped going for it even when he was shattering bones or nearly dying on some days.
actually we don't know how strong the average human can reach up to exactly. Everybody's born with a different limiter, and often times people just don't train or whatever, so maybe some average Joe out there could get built like darkshine, but they just don't go through the trouble of actually getting to their potential.

anyways how about metal knight
threat level scaling is getting dunked on so level 10 defense being > multiple demons literally isn't even a tier 8 feat, it's a nothing feat
but is there anything else we can get about him from the new chapter

Back