• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why isn't Metal Bat 7-B in base btw? He took a beating from Garou and before that he also endured Elder Centipede tossing him aside

Not even metal bat and zombieman? Also there’s a very strong argument that Garou’s is already broken
Once one of those two gets entire chapters dedicated to their growth and their search to break through their limits then I will consider them as possible candidates to do so.

Garou was the closest to ever do it, but he starts to more or less take it easy in the wc after his hero hunter arc.
Characters we know train like hell and might have a chance are:

Sonic (keeps up with Genos's growth, never got demotivated by Saitama even after serious sidehops, caught up with Flashy Flash making him top of S-class level and then got another power up) but he was willing to cheat in order to gain power, like when he ate that monster cell and all his fancy technological equipment when compared to Flashy's more traditional ninja equipment.

Flashy himself, who did a pretty brutal training ever since he was a child and never relied on cheats as far as we know.

Genos, who's constantly looking for improvement and taking on foes far stronger than him like Saitama did, but who is unfortunately sabotaged by his mechanical body.

Glasses, who is pretty much a lite version of in training Saitama, if not less reckless due to working in groups and likely not endangering his own life with training.
Out of them i'd rank it as 1.Glasses (mostly due to not being a natural prodigy) 2.Flashy (Is a likely a genius, but one of the most hardworking S-class) 3.Sonic(same as flash,but would take shortcuts 4.Genos (has everything to be the next Saitama except for the basic condition of being made of flesh and as such relying in his own power.)... I don't think any of them will break their limiters and reach Saitama level, however.

Edit:There's also Zombieman who's actively trying to break his limiter, but idk how much his immortal physiology will impair him on that. I say he'd be above flashy flash, below glasses.

I feel like metal bat is the slept on pick here, considering his fighting spirit ability makes him rapidly get stronger even while he’s seconds away from dropping dead, he’s quite literally the embodiment of pushing past his limits. If it ever came to the point where metal bat was getting his shit kicked in then I feel like there’s a good chance his fighting spirit would just let him go past his hard limit. Especially since we’ve seen other limiter tier characters like Saitama and Garou showing off their fancy AD. which metal bat basically has a diet version of already

What sucks is that while tier 3 Opm is undoubtedly coming, it’s gonna be an incredibly long time before it does since we can’t just jump from cosmic garou immediately to yet another one in a billion person who can actually match Saitama’s AP
Blast and the crew have already shown their inferiority, so they’re out of the question, and garou himself took he factory reset punch
And god is dead, so he won’t be seen around for quite a while too
obviously the mad cyborg is gonna be more around metal knight, genos, drive knight level, so unless they get a god boost then they won’t be able to increase Saitama’s tier
It’s a coin toss but watchdog man could have higher power than most of the verse too, but it’s not like we’d see him going around blowing up galaxies either way, and his senses would be way too good to be tricked by god.

at this rate all we could hope for is parallel universes to bring some kind of enemy, maybe even Saitama vs Saitama action or something

On another note, we should give Saitama limited power null for being able to take away Garou’s blessing with a punch, but limited since it’s not really combat applicable and relied on him having already having been like 100 AP stomps above the sp^2, and that was pre sp^2 cosmic garou
And also I guess we could give main timeline cosmic garou at most 4-A dura for having survived the zero punch “abnormally powered up on Jupiter”

nah maybe he just had a higher ceilling to naturally grow
Well he does say “beyond the limits of living flesh”
and his entire backstory is literally just “Saitama but evil” as well as being the strongest of his race.
Plus his armor reminds me a lot of limiters preventing him from getting as strong as he wants.

Suddenly, according to the fandom, all characters have their limiter broken: Watchdog Man, Boros, Metal Bat, Garou, Blast...
Blast has done or said nothing to show that he has limit breaking potential, and admittedly neither does watchdog man beyond pure speculation
Also Garou’s is quite literally stated so like don’t even use that example

It's just a way of saying that Meteoric Burst lets him momentarily achieve a new superpowered state but at the cost of his own health, just like the Kaioken

I think the MB allows him to go past his limit, but it doesn't break them.
actually that might be fair enough
he could be in the state where garou was at during the darkshine fight where his limiter was basically weakened but he had to do more to break it. But if somehow he regenerated from the sp^2 and got his funny zenkai then that could explain “Boris” existing, and maybe by then he would have a broken limiter. Or at least, that makes more sense than Boros being 4-A during the fight with Saitama.
That’s speculative and I’m aware, so don’t dunk on me for it.

Back