• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, both lines are exponential. That is clear.

But Garou's line being exponential is because his power mimicry, not growth. The only one who was stated to have exponential growth was Saitama

Yeah; reasons such as the graph not being enough proof for a multiplier.

If someone with a value of y twice higher than other here is not accepted as twice stronger, then the graph is not accepted as an exact growth. It's pretty clear
The reason it wasn't accepted is because, and I hate to be mean, but ironically enough, the people on VSBW are bad at math. More specifically, they're not bad at physical calculations, (most people on the site are very gifted with plugging numbers in calcs and knowing what equation to use), but the average vsbw member seems to not understand the mathematical principles of graphing.
No, I didn't. It just proves the function is symbolical.
That's headcanon...
BROOOOO, "but the techniques I copy".
Yeah, he's improving on them, but that doesn't mean he's not making them faster or stronger. To assume it's just a skill increase doesn't make much sense. I mean what skill is he going to add to Consecutive normal punches? They're literally just normal punches.

The reason it wasn't accepted is because, and I hate to be mean, but ironically enough, the people on VSBW are bad at math. More specifically, they're not bad at physical calculations, (most people on the site are very gifted with plugging numbers in calcs and knowing what equation to use), but the average vsbw member seems to not understand the mathematical principles of graphing.

That's headcanon...

Yeah, he's improving on them, but that doesn't mean he's not making them faster or stronger. To assume it's just a skill increase doesn't make much sense. I mean what skill is he going to add to Consecutive normal punches? They're literally just normal punches.
Saying that the opposition to the graph was just bad at math is a bit of a discredit to the actual respectable logic that they had
Although I still disagree with their conclusion

Uh... his martial arts? Such as how he added the Gravity Kunckle and Nuclear Fission fist together to fight Blast?

If He is a martial artist, fights another one without martial arts but thousands of times stronger, copies the other one strength to match him and adds it with his martial arts (which is what Garou did against Blast, and against Saitama in I.O.), doesn't it "perfection it"?

Yeah, it's more logical to supose Garou has exponential growth out of nowhere despite the entire context implying literally that Garou was just copying Saitama's power and countering him with the same force, not more, not less, but the same; than Garou copying Saitama strength and refining it with his martial arts, something that he had done twice on that fight.

Yeah, it's more logical to supose Garou has exponential growth out of nowhere despite the entire context implying literally that Garou was just copying Saitama's power and countering him with the same force, not more, not less, but the same; than Garou copying Saitama strength and refining it with his martial arts, something that he had done twice on that fight.
Throughout every other fight, he shows exponential growth without copying. We're now suddenly assuming that power has just gone away?

Except the graph quite literally shows an exponential line no matter how you spin it, on top of the fact that we already know that garou has insanely potent AD and RE

Except the graph quite literally shows an exponential line no matter how you spin it,
Which, as the context completely implies in the dialogue, refers to his copy ability. And the graph casually marking Garou's power and the exact same value in Saitama's line (the power garou copied) with a Black point.
on top of the fact that we already know that garou has insanely potent AD and RE
Not exponential, though.

He doesn't need to.

When he copies something, it's up to his level. When he copied Blast's gravity knuckles, they weren't thousands of times weaker against Saitama than his other martial arts.
Then why did his Consecutive normal punches match Saitama's unless he's physically growing to the level of the attack?

Growth that would have been reflected on the graph regardless of if it was based on copying or not, meaning that by that time his growth had become exponential
But the problem is that it wasn't reflected, as you previously said yourself. So, no exponential growth
Then why did his Consecutive normal punches match Saitama's unless he's physically growing to the level of the attack?
Because both used the same techniques: consecutive normal punches? If Garou was constantly growing exponentially as you said, then Garou should've won the outcome, since a that time Saitama didn't have exponential growth.

Or are you implying Garou gained the exponential growth at the same time Saitama did, but there is no explanation of Garou gaining nor having it?

Which, as the context completely implies in the dialogue, refers to his copy ability. And the graph casually marking Garou's power and the exact same value in Saitama's line (the power garou copied) with a Black point.
idk man, 7B (Honestly I think high 7A+) to 6C to 6A+ to 5C seems pretty close to exponential to me.

Not exponential, though.
So you're admitting his power grows due to RE and AD, but for somereason don't think that growth was exponential in spite of the exponential graph showing his the nature of his growth?

idk man, 7B (Honestly I think high 7A+) to 6C to 6A+ to 5C seems pretty close to exponential to me.
You can grow from 7-B to High 7-A, 6-C or 5-C without exponential growth. Exponential growth is something like Saitama's: if at first you have a power of 1, after 1 punch you'd have a power of 2, then a power of 6, then a power of 24... (the gap is increasing each time, as shown in the fight)

Garou growth (before Cosmic form) is something more like: if his power at first is 1, after some time it's 2, then 4, then 8... (the power increases, but does not make the gap between each power increase higher)
So you're admitting his power grows due to RE and AD, but for somereason don't think that growth was exponential in spite of the exponential graph showing his the nature of his growth?
I'm only admitting the facts: if Garou had AD at his cosmic form, he didn't potray it. He only countered Saitama's attack with the same force, shown with the punches they exchanged, and admitted by Garou himself. He didn't copy + surpassed with AD.

You can grow from 7-B to High 7-A, 6-C or 5-C without exponential growth. Exponential growth is something like Saitama's: if at first you have a power of 1, after 1 punch you'd have a power of 2, then a power of 6, then a power of 24... (the gap is increasing each time, as shown in the fight)

Garou growth (before Cosmic form) is something more like: if his power at first is 1, after some time it's 2, then 4, then 8... (the power increases, but does not make the gap between each power increase higher)
This seems like unnecessary legwork to argue against something we're explicitly shown by the narrator.

Narrator didn't show us Garou having exponential growth, that's your opinion.

What narrator showed us was the "fight" between Saitama's growth and Garou copy ability.

“remain” He’s literally weaker than her right now-
yeah but all I'm sayin is if you destroy the entire surface then it'd have to create a shockwave in a (relatively) perfect sphere for it to ONLY destroy the surface
plus there's some semi-speculative but still evidence based scaling to be had with him calling boros strong while basically disregarding monster garou's power entirely
I just find it a little funky is all, that he destroyed final form garou with a nameless normal punch, but chose to use a serious punch against boros, which should be stronger than all his casual ones, even though there's no real reason for him to have done so for him but not for Garou
I give up on the 4-A Boros stuff entirely though, if he really was that strong then there would have been another sp^2 situation and there would be much more than just cloud splitting occurring
but, tier 5 boros is not really a fantasy, it's just a bit of a more generous interpretation
Will Murata continue to release chapters if something massive like a WW3 happened?
what was the point in posting this

Watchdog man solos the Russian Army
Zelenskyy is breaking his limiter as we speak.

Let's be serious here imagine not being able to see Saitama vs Tatsu and season 3 just because some old bastards decide to nuke each other
I don't see a reason for Japan to get involved, personally, nor do I think it'd reach the level where Japanese intervention would be needed. Even if it did, I think manga would more than likely continued to be published.

Hi. Just had an epiphany while playing overwatch.

considering the graph of Garou and Saitama— doesn’t it kinda prove that Garou’s base stats get elevated to whatever strength he copied?

If he returned to his regular stats whenever he lost his Mode Form, the graph would constantly be going up and down.

Hi. Just had an epiphany while playing overwatch.

considering the graph of Garou and Saitama— doesn’t it kinda prove that Garou’s base stats get elevated to whatever strength he copied?

If he returned to his regular stats whenever he lost his Mode Form, the graph would constantly be going up and down.
sorry but uhhh
we been knew

Back