• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I could sense the Baken nearby.
cooler-dbz-dragon-ball-z-goku-backhand-gif-26574399.gif

Just gonna mention it real quick, I figure that most people have already considered it cause it's somewhat obvious, but since, from the looks of it, I've never seen it ever been brought up before, I'll just talk about it for a sec. About the VGS Saitama Vs. himself thing, if the simulation wasn't capable of capturing Saitama's power and then projecting it into the "Ghost Saitama", which is the leading anti-argument for it from what I'm aware of, then why was the actual Saitama at full strength? This in itself is a contradiction. If it nerfed the yesterday Saitama based on not being able to properly simulate Saitama's strength, why would Saitama from the next day be stronger unless he actually DID get stronger. And it's not like Saitama is literally, physically entering the simulated world to fight a poor copy of himself, the Saitama from next day is still being simulated as well. It's a simulation of someone vs. a simulation of the same person, both in the same simulated world, generated by the same device, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Saitama to have been stronger without genuinely growing in strength.

I've mostly ignored this because I never thought the feat could be interpreted as a factual piece of evidence regardless of the argument used, it was too open-ended. Of course, when paired with our new information about Saitama's AD and RE, it certainly seems to be true now. Hell, Saitama growing strong enough to completely outmatch an old copy of himself feels like foreshadowing, though there is absolutely no way it really is.

If it nerfed the yesterday Saitama based on not being able to properly simulate Saitama's strength, why would Saitama from the next day be stronger unless he actually DID get stronger. And it's not like Saitama is literally, physically entering the simulated world to fight a poor copy of himself, the Saitama from next day is still being simulated as well. It's a simulation of someone vs. a simulation of the same person, both in the same simulated world, generated by the same device, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Saitama to have been stronger without genuinely growing in strength.
I've already brought this argument at the CRT trying to give Saitama the VGS feat but it was rejected anyway because some arguments. "You have to prove Saitama's natural growth with no emotion can match his exponential growth" is the only one I remember

That's not how it works. It's based on brain waves and collects that data from the battles, so it would record battle data differently if Saitama was holding back a lot.
  • Zombieman: Hmph, if the device can read my brainwaves and recreate my body's abilities as well as the damages in the simulation, it will be a reflection of my characteristics in actual combat.

• Genos: This is strange, the battle should have long since been concluded, but the system isn't stopping it. What's going on?
  • Zombieman: It must be because my brain isn't acknowledging this as real danger on a cognitive level.

• Genos: However, you can fight a ghost of yourself from the data collected.
If it did record data accurately, Genos would have a measure of Saitama's actual capabilities, which he obviously doesn't have in-universe.

That's not how it works. It's based on brain waves and collects that data from the battles, so it would record battle data differently if Saitama was holding back a lot.
  • Zombieman: Hmph, if the device can read my brainwaves and recreate my body's abilities as well as the damages in the simulation, it will be a reflection of my characteristics in actual combat.

• Genos: This is strange, the battle should have long since been concluded, but the system isn't stopping it. What's going on?
  • Zombieman: It must be because my brain isn't acknowledging this as real danger on a cognitive level.

• Genos: However, you can fight a ghost of yourself from the data collected.
If it did record data accurately, Genos would have a measure of Saitama's actual capabilities, which he obviously doesn't have in-universe.
Technically he does have it now through his alternate timeline core

Just gonna mention it real quick, I figure that most people have already considered it cause it's somewhat obvious, but since, from the looks of it, I've never seen it ever been brought up before, I'll just talk about it for a sec. About the VGS Saitama Vs. himself thing, if the simulation wasn't capable of capturing Saitama's power and then projecting it into the "Ghost Saitama", which is the leading anti-argument for it from what I'm aware of, then why was the actual Saitama at full strength? This in itself is a contradiction. If it nerfed the yesterday Saitama based on not being able to properly simulate Saitama's strength, why would Saitama from the next day be stronger unless he actually DID get stronger. And it's not like Saitama is literally, physically entering the simulated world to fight a poor copy of himself, the Saitama from next day is still being simulated as well. It's a simulation of someone vs. a simulation of the same person, both in the same simulated world, generated by the same device, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Saitama to have been stronger without genuinely growing in strength.

I've mostly ignored this because I never thought the feat could be interpreted as a factual piece of evidence regardless of the argument used, it was too open-ended. Of course, when paired with our new information about Saitama's AD and RE, it certainly seems to be true now. Hell, Saitama growing strong enough to completely outmatch an old copy of himself feels like foreshadowing, though there is absolutely no way it really is.
Tbh you're right, kinda like how garou and suiryu were fighting in the game and the game glitched when they got serious. There was no indication of that in the VGS.

The intent was clear of what One wanted to portray.

It's true that the heroes are not physically entering, but the VGS is projecting their real powers inside the simulation (based maybe in brain activity or nervous system measurement or something), as seen with Darkshine, Metal Bat, Zombieman, who don't complain about their strength being inaccurate in the simulation despite Dr Kuseno not having data on them. Meanwhile, the opponents they are fighting are measurements made by Genos with what he's felt in fights, not actual representations of a character's power (like it happened with Saitama).

Idk, that's just my take on it.

didnt psykos' godblast get a huge part of her beam canceled out?
like, the beam just sliced because it clashed with tatsumaki's shield and got that impact, the proof is that others beams werent slicing continents like the first one....
the same happened with gaia cannon x squirt gun

He just spoilered God's reveal to anime onlys lmao
if they don't know it's a miracle, because that thing broke the internet, like so many others.
still
I remember old videos from a couple of years ago where there were literally fights where saitama was simply thrown into space and died, but now that's no good, nor is sending him to another dimension, nor is saying that because he has no technique he would be vulnerable, because now he can imitate you and surpass you, nor is time travel, because somehow he will gain the power to manipulate time and causality, nor is destroying his organs, poisoning him or radiation, because he is immmune.
If this continues, all those videos from the past will remain as extreme clowns.

if they don't know it's a miracle, because that thing broke the internet, like so many others.
still
I remember old videos from a couple of years ago where there were literally fights where saitama was simply thrown into space and died, but now that's no good, nor is sending him to another dimension, nor is saying that because he has no technique he would be vulnerable, because now he can imitate you and surpass you, nor is time travel, because somehow he will gain the power to manipulate time and causality, nor is destroying his organs, poisoning him or radiation, because he is immmune.
If this continues, all those videos from the past will remain as extreme clowns.
Vergil solos.

still
Another Alexander W

Are we allowed to make fights between characters of vastly different tiers?
Cause im looking through some of the garou wins and losses and i'm seeing characters he's up againts when he's Solar System and they aren't even planetary.
Hell some of these characters regardless of what keys they don't share any tiers 💀
Like am i allowed to put a Planetary character againts a island level character if i can prove the island level character has a wincon or is this just a OPM thing??

Cause im looking through some of the garou wins and losses and i'm seeing characters he's up againts when he's Solar System and they aren't even planetary.
Hell some of these characters regardless of what keys they don't share any tiers 💀
You can do a stats equalized match.

Like am i allowed to put a Planetary character againts a island level character if i can prove the island level character has a wincon or is this just a OPM thing??
If they have one or two wincon, you can do it

Back