• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Do you legitimately think there was even a chance that ONE really had that in mind when telling Murata about it? It is a massive reach and is implied by nothing. Fictional feats should always be taken at face value unless there is something that outright contradicts it or implies that there is more to it. And in this case, there really isn't. We see a blank void in space where stars were, the basic, natural assumption is that the stars were destroyed, and nothing even implies that it is supposed something else. It is pure speculation.
No I don't think Murara remotely thought of it, I think the feat is legit and playing the photon game is a juvenile variant of appeal to reality.

What I however also think is that all these "copium" (even if joking) and "invisible centipede" replies the one guy got are rather out of place because you can still argue it without looking like a complete clown, at least imho. Author's intent is always something you can argue against, whether you should is a different question~

Not trying to white knight the one guy or claiming we should even consider the photon interpretation, I just dislike how everyone slaps away an absolutely acceptable argument.

No I don't think Murara remotely thought of it, I think the feat is legit and playing the photon game is a juvenile variant of appeal to reality.

What I however also think is that all these "copium" and "invisible centipede" replies the one guy got are rather out of place because you can still argue it without looking like a complete clown, at least imho. Author's intent is always something you can argue against, whether you should is a different question~
That's just the vs community my dude. Isn't meant to be a personal attack, and I wouldn't do it to the actual guy himself. Tbh though it is a silly take.

lol, is that for real?????
boros makes no difference here, fusing garou with a high 6-a character would just make him weaker
I dunno man, Garou getting an extra dozen petatons added to his AP sounds like a massive boost, plus he'd get an attack that's over 10 Exatons.

Don't think Saitama could handle that.

Look how defensive he gets.
I'm just joking lol
Against author intent or not, the photon idea is valid and you have no way of proving the beam destroyed anything other than photons. It's like throwing a giant door toward stars and the door then vanishes 1ly away and now you won't see these stars for 1 year anymore.

I made the calc to prove that feat is actually >galaxy and I still see validity in this claim.
Yeah, it may be a valid interpretation, but, Why would we assume the only thing that was destroyed was the light, not the stars themselves?

Also, it's not the same as the giant door example you put. A giant door example is something whose only purpose is to block the light, but, a beam of energy caused by 2 punches followed by a "Boom!" makes the destruction of stars option more obvious

Yeah, it may be a valid interpretation, but, Why would we assume the only thing that was destroyed was the light, not the stars themselves?

Also, it's not the same as the giant door example you put. A giant door example is something whose only purpose is to block the light, but, a beam of energy caused by 2 punches followed by a "Boom!" makes the destruction of stars option more obvious
It wasn't a perfect analogy regarding AP, just pointing out how destroying all photons which are as much as 1 second away could already create this panel. That said, IIRC "destroying" photons with energy is pure fiction, as photons generally just vanish and forward their energy when absorbed by matter (would also apply to plasma). I'm sure someone out there can come up with a calc for photon destruction just based on mass but it's slightly more complicated than destroying conventional stuff.

And even though I tried to say multiple times now that we shouldn't bash the photon interpretation, I do agree it's pointless to think of it and we truly shouldn't raise it for any other reason than memeing... or talking about how stuff would go down irl.

just let me ask, what is 10 exatons when you can literally destroy billions starts and galaxies? you should check out our tier system....

just let me ask, what is 10 exatons when you can literally destroy billions starts and galaxies? you should check out our tier system....
giphy.gif

Is Saitama ability to reverse time is better than Whis

Plausible. It sort of depends on how far back we think Saitama went. Whis can only go back 3 minutes. I think it's fair to say that Saitama probably went back far over 3 minutes, and could have gone further it seems, but some would deny that.

Oh lord, someone on Spacebattles is claiming that the SP^2 caused a black hole instead of erasing the stars
How impressive would that be in comparison, I wonder.

It's just more ridiculous argumentation though. What would the purpose of that even be when it just got reversed anyways? And if it was, I think we would be seeing more than just a blank spot. Not to mention, how can a large blast of energy directed in a certain angle even create a black hole?

Speaking of the feat, is there a consensus yet on how strong it is? 4-A, 3-C, and even 3-B are all fair game. It kinda depends on if we want to lowball it or not. Multi-solar is sort of the bare minimum if we wanted to be safe and not make any form of speculation at all, even if it's very likely correct speculation. The feat is probably galaxy or multi-galaxy level to be honest, but multi-solar system is also the safest estimate.

How impressive would that be in comparison, I wonder.

It's just more ridiculous argumentation though. What would the purpose of that even be when it just got reversed anyways? And if it was, I think we would be seeing more than just a blank spot. Not to mention, how can a large blast of energy directed in a certain angle even create a black hole?

Speaking of the feat, is there a consensus yet on how strong it is? 4-A, 3-C, and even 3-B are all fair game. It kinda depends on if we want to lowball it or not. Multi-solar is sort of the bare minimum if we wanted to be safe and not make any form of speculation at all, even if it's very likely correct speculation. The feat is probably galaxy or multi-galaxy level to be honest, but multi-solar system is also the safest estimate.
It would be far more destructive to Earth than wiping out stars, that's for sure. If a black hole was Murata's intention, he knows how to draw one. And Earth being so close to one would be 100% ******.

What range does multi-solar actually cover? Because to me, that sounds like double digit stars tops. When you're getting to the number of thousands or even millions, I feel like that is far beyond multi-solar level. I still think galaxy is the fairest interpretation, especially if you actually take Serious Punch and square it for calcs like someone did.

Whis rewinds time as a whole,but has the weakness of being unable to spam it. Saitama sends himself back in time, but can pretty much only throw one punch before getting absorbed by his previous self.

It would be far more destructive to Earth than wiping out stars, that's for sure. If a black hole was Murata's intention, he knows how to draw one. And Earth being so close to one would be 100% ******.

What range does multi-solar actually cover? Because to me, that sounds like double digit stars tops. When you're getting to the number of thousands or even millions, I feel like that is far beyond multi-solar level. I still think galaxy is the fairest interpretation, especially if you actually take Serious Punch and square it for calcs like someone did.
Multi solar systems varies from hundreds to millions actually IIRC.

Think it's based on the range used for galaxy level. The standard used for galaxy level should be the Milky Way, I think, which has hundreds of millions if not billions of solar systems iirc, and galaxy level also includes the distance between each object, as well, not just the tangible matter within a galaxy. So multi-solar probably includes destroying many millions of solar systems.

Whis rewinds time as a whole,but has the weakness of being unable to spam it. Saitama sends himself back in time, but can pretty much only throw one punch before getting absorbed by his previous self.
Does Saitama still remember the future or has everything from the future been erased including his memories?

Does Saitama still remember the future or has everything from the future been erased including his memories?
Forgotten. He was surprised to see Genos alive, but that was because he noticed he had Genos' core in his hands, and he was confused as to where he was, why, and mentioned that he was "just hit" by the Gamma Ray Burst.

The clash between Garou and Saitama is a physical clash made by 2 fists bumping together. Blast states the collision will generate enough energy to destroy the earth. You can also see a large crack spreading through it's surface near the outer atmosphere area they clash, evidence that the energy is capable of physically affecting matter the conventional way. The energy is too ample to be BFRed away, as seen before too much energy can overload Blast's portals, so he decides to divert it instead, needing 4 additional members to do just that. It gets directed away from our Solar System in a conical expansion, while Saitama and Garou are propelled the opposite direction towards IO.

We then see a hole in the sky wich looks nothing like the Black holes Murata draws (he'd definitely have given it an event horizon and a luminous center) and it appeared in response to the energy being diverted away, nothing more. It wasn't nulified,sealed or BFRed through a portal, just had it's vector changed. Neither character have ever been implied to have the ability to specifically destroy photons, and raw force would be unable to do that either.

It's by far their greatest feat in the fight, but it's not like you should expect any artist to make a galaxy explode every time a character moves their head or swings their fists, no matter how powerful said characters are. Countless other verses have characters beyond Tier 4 that do not destroy entire Solar Systems every time they punch, why would it be a problem specifically for OPM?
While light would take billions of years to disappear from our POV, that was the best way to show us the damage done and it's consequences, having Blast or the Narrator state that many stars have been destroyed and yet we see absolutely no change because their light would take billions of years to stop being perceived would be lame.

Yeah, any argument so far to try and discredit it being actual destruction simply does not convince me. I still stand by destruction being the most simple path with the less unecessary assumptions.

Last edited:
Back