• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Movie Discussion Thread

Alright, Jasper got her redemption arc. Now where is. My. Lapidot. FUSION. REBECCA?

With the new episodes, Jasper put up way more of a fight against a defensive Steven than even Spinel so maybe that match will have a different victor now.

Also, people compared Jasper to Undyne and I can see it. Makes more sense than Pearl.

I'm obsessed with this series' scaling cuz it's like... how strong is Steven really?? Like he went all out on Jasper and she was hardly phased. So is Garnet still stronger than him? Idk but it was entertaining

Watching the fight, Steven wasn't used to his new Pink form and wasn't really trying to hurt her, so it probably wasn't his best yet. He'll probably be stronger once he gets used to that power

So Pink Pearl confirms that the "Scream" that Pink Steven did on Change Your Mind (and Steven did to a lesser scale in "Volleyball") is something Pink Diamond used to do when she was upset.

Not that it is a surprise since Pink Steven is literally Pink Diamond's pure gem, but yeah.

His Pink form should scale to the diamonds... probably? It seems a bit more ambiguous since his Pink Steven form from Change Your Mind was just his gemstone, whereas this is that plus his human half, which may be holding his full power back.

It seems that Pink Coat Steven is more powerful than his base form but not quite as powerful as Gemstone Steven. It seemse like a Super Saiyan form he doesn't have proper control over yet, but it still allowed him to knock Jasper around and stop a charge from her that bulldozed Amethyst with one hand, all while he was holding back

To be honest, Steven should scale to the Diamonds in durability and AP if he's willing to kill, but he's never going all out.

Even in his Pink power up he wasn't going all out, as we've seen what happen's when Steven goes all out with his powers (See Pink Steven V White Diamond)

Did gemstone Steven do something aside of reflecting the Diamond attacks and makes them lost their balance?

He didn't reflect the beams, He blocked them. Meaning he withstood the physical force of the blast. But he didn't really do anything else but it's not like he still shouldn't logically scale

Antoniofer said:
Did gemstone Steven do something aside of reflecting the Diamond attacks and makes them lost their balance?
Not deflect it.

His "SHE'S GONE!" Caused all the Diamonds to lose balance, which requires something to emit enough force to over come their power standing neutral, which would be roughly equal to their power.

To then over come this, which Steven does as we see the Diamonds try to regain balance would require him to emit more than what the Diamonds are trying to over come, which is true as the Diamonds couldn't regain balance until he stopped.

Then the force of him releasing his barrier knocked over all other Diamonds, Steven even cries out "Stop you're hurting them"

If we do say he deflected it, that means he put out enough power to overcome that blast which was enough to knock over all the Diamonds and the Gems.

Balance is not really related to AP, making one lose their balance doesn't damage it, at least not directly, if any is related to Lifting Strength, but most of the time is related to agility.

Antoniofer said:
Balance is not really related to AP, making one lose their balance doesn't damage it, at least not directly, if any is related to Lifting Strength, but most of the time is related to agility.
Actually, logically, it would.

In order to attack with such force as your AP, your body must withstand such force, Equal and Opposite reaction and all.

So, to push the body would be to go beyond that which the AP does with an equal and opposite reaction.

Not only did he match the force of White Diamond pushing forward, he was able to knock her, Blue and Yellow over.

Eh, no, if you want to push or lift someone one face against Lifting Strength of the character, AP is irrelevant as is do not damaging it; making one losing balance is even "less difficult", splitting the earth, binding ones legs, is the kind of stuff that make people fall without the need a direct combat nor induce damage.

>Eh, no, if you want to push or lift someone one face against Lifting Strength

Actually, not quite, it would be Striking Strength, as that is the force they would be able to push in one direction.

If I punched in one direction and I'm Mountain level in striking strength, and someone else shouted so hard that it pushed my punch back, it means the force pushing forward is > then the force moving the punch, it's very basic physics.

>AP is irrelevant as is do not damaging it

"Stop, you're hurting them!"

>making one losing balance is even "less difficult",

Depends on how you do it, this, this is far more difficult, as the very force of his shout forced them to lose balance, force pushing forward is > force pushing forwards, try to shout someone down.

>splitting the earth

Depends on who is shouting. Superman has sneezed Galaxies apart.

>binding ones legs

Not really, making you lose balance is greater than bending your legs.

>is the kind of stuff that make people fall without the need a direct combat nor induce damage.

"Stop, you're hurting them!"

I was talking in general, no refering to that specific scene (or verse), plus Steven causing damage was for he reflecting the attacks iirc, no when he shoot its sonic scream. Yeah, Striking Strength, but if the character have only Class 1 LS is not going to move a skyscraper, it do not have the force to do so, even if it have Mountain level AP, a punch will only pierce through a wall, leacing a clear hole.

>but if the character have only Class 1 LS is not going to move a skyscraper, it do not have the force to do so

So you think that if Goku punched an Invincible Skysraper it wouldn't go anywhere?

Does he have the Lifting Strength to move a skyscraper? Note, move, no damage, that would be easy.

Antoniofer said:
Does he have the Lifting Strength to move a skyscraper? Note, move, no damage, that would be easy.
And I'm asking you a basic question, if the force from Goku's punch connected with the Invincible Skyscraper, would that Skycraper move?

Welp, without seeing his current rating I believe he stood in the middle of a black hole, but I think is not considered a real black hole. He also ejected few debris from Kaio's planet, surprising enough I believe it hasn't been calculated; I believe he should be capable to move it based on that.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, without seeing his current rating I believe he stood in the middle of a black hole, but I think is not considered a real black hole. He also ejected few debris from Kaio's planet, surprising enough I believe it hasn't been calculated; I believe he should be capable to move it based on that.
Stop taking this politician's stance.

I'm asking you based on Goku's striking strength, the power, joules, Kilotons of Force, what have you.

Would that move an Invincible Skyscraper.

If you're not going to answer me seriously and genuinely then don't bother responding because you're wasting my time.

Yes, Steven has the lifting strength to move a skyscraper, so yes he has both the proper force and the ap to stagger white

Such rudeness, calm down I just wanted a normal discussion. If you want me to consider the LS that is in his profile then I can't say anything, since its Unknown, so I wanted to go for other feats; if you want me to basing in its current justification I would say don't known, the force (say, force, not AP, we're talking about LS) needed to break Kachin is unknown.

Antoniofer said:
Such rudeness, calm down I just wanted a normal discussion. If you want me to consider the LS that is in his profile then I can't say anything, since its Unknown, so I wanted to go for other feats; if you want me to basing in its current justification I would say don't known, the force (say, force, not AP, we're talking about LS) needed to break Kachin is unknown.
Okay, so I've asked you three times now and you've refused to answer me 3 times.

I'll take it that you'd say yes, and therefore validates my own point and debunks your LS argument.

And no, we objectively wasn't talking about Lifting Strength, we was talking about moving something with striking strength.

Since there's a bit of debate over Gemstone Steven's AP, I went back over the scene in "Change Your Mind" and analyzed it as bast I could. You can view it here if you wish to review it as well.

Gemstone Shouts (0:19-0:24): This is him showing off the scream power that we later learned was one of Pink's abilities. He caused a crater around himself and sent a large crack through the floor and the stairs which White was standing on. From the context, it doesn't look like his attack shook White, more like both the floor shaking and the shock of Not Pink doing something Pink could do caught White off guard. She recovers in about a second, so it couldn't have been something that bad.

Beam Struggle (0:58-1:44): Gemstone Steven completely blocks White's initial attacks with his shields. I can understand where the deflect argument comes from since at 1:03, a tiny remnant of the blast arcs over the shield and into the floor. However, with the second blast and the 7-way struggle, Gemstone blocks all of it without flinching. Steven replies "Stop, you're hurting them!" after Gemstone expands his shield and blasts the energy back, causing White to groan and all of her puppets to stop functioning, implying that he broke her concentration.

Now, based on the scene, does Gemstone show AP equal to the Diamonds? Technically no, he doesn't really attack anyone, the scream barely did anything and him blasting the energy back only knocked away the normal Gems, the Puppet Diamonds just flopped over from where they were and White didn't have a major reaction. However, since he is a Diamond and he took 7 blasts at once with ease, an argument can be made that he should stand on equal ground with the Diamonds.

Back