• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread #2: Revenge of the Gems

Also, The Diamond's range should be upgraded from Planetary to Stellar, as when the Diamonds use their powers, the flash of light extends far beyond Earth and the moon, as it covers the entire screen which had Earth and the Moon

Ok guy's we gotta talk about a weird thing on the Gems's pages. On the profiles for the Gems, they're Stamina section looks like this: Stamina: Limitless so long as her gem isn't damaged or destroyed

Now, do you see the problem with this description? First of all, the only time we've ever seen a Gem with their Gem damaged for an extended period of time was Amethyst, and barring the fact that she wasn't visibly getting more tired from having her Gem damaged, we already write that whole time off as PIS so it shouldn't be on the profiles.

Second of all, if a Gem's gem is destroyed, they die. So why is it mentioned in their stamina that they'll lose their stamina if they die? It's just redundant and doesn't really make any sense to put there. That's like someone's stamina section saying: "Stamina: Limitless so long no one rips their lungs out" It's like ok yeah but they'll die without their lungs anyway so what's the point.

Basically, this redundancy should be removed from the Gems's stamina sections. There's no point in them being there.

Udlmaster said:
So, are we in agreement for Blue's abilities?
No. Until I see a non-gem actually being affected in a major shot and not somewhere in the background, or it being outright stated, I'm not bying it. And if it passes I'll be demanding Connie's profile having "Can be in 3 places at the same time" too.

Firstly, Connie was in the main shot and not in the background, as she was among the other main cast. So you objectively have a scene with Connie in the main shot being affected.

Secondly, Connie wasn't in 3 places at once, as she attempted to stab Blue, got the sword shattered and knocked down onto Lion, whereby Steven later called for a Group up and Blue proceeded to actively use her powers, and force everyone with Connie in the main shot, being affected.

Udlmaster said:
Firstly, Connie was in the main shot and not in the background, as she was among the other main cast. So you objectively have a scene with Connie in the main shot being affected.
Secondly, Connie wasn't in 3 places at once, as she attempted to stab Blue, got the sword shattered and knocked down onto Lion, whereby Steven later called for a Group up and Blue proceeded to actively use her powers, and force everyone with Connie in the main shot, being affected.
He's referiring to a different episode on the whole "Connie in three places at once" thing. When Steven and the Diamonds land back on Earth, you can see three Connies in the crowd.

Tipoima said:
Blue actively used her powers in the entire Reunited.
Not really, the first time it happens she's in her ship, objectively not using it actively there, when she appears, she thinks of Pink and says "You have no idea How long I've mourned, what thousands of years of grief hasn't done to me!" And with her hands in her face, it activates, it goes on until Lapis appears and throws the barn at Blue then she bursts out of it and then actively uses it as shown with her charging it, her aura showing it as it has never done before and everyone but Lapis, including Connie, fall to the ground in tears.

Blue's passive sadness hax doesn't work on humans. The shot with Connie being affected is inconsistent.

First time we see her use it Connie wasn't affected.

Second time we see it used Connie was affected

Third time she uses while arguing with Steven during his "time out" on Homeworld she still isn't affected.

It's safe to say it was an animation error for Connie to be affected by Blue's aura.

I think is was just one person who insist in upgrade Bule's Pathokinesis due that.

I also take the oportunity to respond to above and say that gems do not exactly have limitless stamina, they have it enhanced but they get tired over time (most notable examole was in Chil Tide).

Pepper14832 said:
Blue's passive sadness hax doesn't work on humans. The shot with Connie being affected is inconsistent.
First time we see her use it Connie wasn't affected.

Second time we see it used Connie was affected

Third time she uses while arguing with Steven during his "time out" on Homeworld she still isn't affected.

It's safe to say it was an animation error for Connie to be affected by Blue's aura.
You're right, that's why I keep saying active and not passive, it's obvious that her passive doesn't work on non-Gems, but her active use of it was shown to affect non-Gems, and it's been the only time she's used it actively.

Never mind! Blue Diamond has much greater powers than I expected, as in the Steven Universe comic for the Harmony Core, at the end Blue Diamond accidentally uses her sadness powers as it reaches Steven... From Homeworld.

Weekly wanted to do so but is simply not possible in the way he wants to be: in-universe, Blue's pathokinesis in the less strict manner do not affect organic beings, and at most, only affects gems/gems hybrids, so equalizing will still unable to affect organic beings or non-gems.

Udlmaster said:
Never mind! Blue Diamond has much greater powers than I expected, as in the Steven Universe comic for the Harmony Core, at the end Blue Diamond accidentally uses her sadness powers as it reaches Steven... From Homeworld.
Having more range do not necessary means more powerful, although, most likely she have more range with Steven/Pink due to their "special link", reason why the other gems weren't affected.

Firstly, I didn't say anything about power? Not sure where that misconception came from.

Secondly, what special link between Pink and Blue? Do you have a source for this special connection? And we don't see the other Gems in the panel, only Greg

Nah, my mistake then, I though you were refering to more powerful with "greater powers".

The reason why Steven "cries" when Blue is close (no other gem is affected), when he dream about stuff, that "special link"; also, in that same scene we see the gems, and they aren't affected.

However, we don't know if any other Gem was affected, however, it is safe to assume so as Steven was affected

Also, Steven dreaming and affecting Blue and Yellow with his empathy hax doesn't work because he did the same thing to All the other Crystal Gems, the Cluster and Connie, and we don't see Steven being affected by any of their hax even though he's so close and has a far more closer connection to the Crystal Gems than Blue, who by this point he has met a few times all of which have been either hiding or confrontational, and this is against prior to the revelation that Rose is Pink Diamond

Ok my friends, I have decided to revive this very dead Thread to bring the tidings, of 2 new profiles. One being the much anticipated Civilization profile for the Gem Homeworld. The other being a surprise entry, Fable, the main antagonist of the Steven Universe mobile game, The Phantom Fable. (Who is definetely the strongest non-gem in the whole series.)

Both profiles were designed by Weekly and myself (to an extent) and now I have brought them here for review before they are posted as official profiles. Anything you think needs to be changed or elaborated on, feel free to say. (Fable's profile is right after the Civilization profile so just scroll down to see it.)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:WeeklyBattles/sandbox2

GodlyCharmander said:
Nah, that feat was Supersonic, I think. It's good for travelling speed
Well, according to Amethyst, it was so fast that it was impressive to her.

Considering she's fought the Diamonds before, it's quite the feat.

According to my calcs, it was slightly above Mach 3.5, considering how slow time was moving (105,09x according to my calculation, scaling the roller coaster's speed) and how far Smoky travelled (Roughly 7.5m in 0.103s within slow time). I believe SU has Relativistic COMBAT SPEED, but Subsonic Travelling Speed, so it's pretty decent. (Unless we're counting Lapis Bullshit FTL feats)

With Steven being part Gem can he go FTL in his Pink mode? Especially since it's clear he can move faster than Gems can even comprehend unless he is fused with Amethyst or something?

I'm not sure about his Pink Mode, but his Pink Form (As in his High 6-A key) should be FTL for blocking multiple of White Diamond's attacks (And iirc he didn't even move to block them until they were right on top of him)

Back