• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread #2: Revenge of the Gems

There's also a theory going around that WD is responsible for Homeworld being split in half. As in, she broke it herself.

Pepper14832 said:
I have a feeling that isn't her true form and her Pearl also isn't real.
I've seen people speculate that White Pearl is some kind of avatar for White Diamond that she speaks through which would explain their same voice and WP's lifeless robotic movements and speech. Also Crewniverse blew all their budget on WD's damn cape that bitch ain't ever moving

Maybe it's like a Wizard of Oz situation. She's in T-Pose because she's actually being controlled by a power hungry gremlin or something.

Gojira1234 said:
There's also a theory going around that WD is responsible for Homeworld being split in half. As in, she broke it herself.
If that's the case then will 5-A SU finally come to be? :0

Darkanine said:
Maybe it's like a Wizard of Oz situation. She's in T-Pose because she's actually being controlled by a power hungry gremlin or something.
I dunno I think it's pretty implied that WD has moved and done things when she and YD and BD nuked Earth. She probably hasn't moved from her spot in eons because she's so mentally unstable after what she thought happened to Pink that she refuses to believe it and thinks Pink is just "playing some game". Not only that but look at her (fierce as hell) heels. They're designed after columns. She's probably a literal pillar holding Homeworld together on her own. No wonder she's not all there.

Anyone else getting the Ragyo Kiryuin vibe from White D?

Maverick Zero X said:
Gojira1234 said:
If that's the case then will 5-A SU finally come to be? :0
There was a planet+ calc for the diamonds' corruption attack a while ago, it was supposed to be remade but it just got forgotten

I think "likely higher" should be changed to "likely far higher" just to bring home the fact she's far superior to Yellow and Blue Diamond.

As a Diamond, who is likely superior to both Yellow and Blue, shouldn't White have the Aura shared between them and their resistances?

And so begins the Healing Arc.

But rip Bismuth, shafted for seasons and now doesn't get to come along.

Jinx666 said:
And so begins the Healing Arc.

But rip Bismuth, shafted for seasons and now doesn't get to come along.
I dunno it makes sense why Bismuth wouldn't wanna come with. She doesn't want to be associated with the remaining Diamonds, and she's one who sticks to her convictions. It's actually very in character for her.

So this is from boats-and-birbs on Tumblr and uh:

"I have a theory on what exactly WD's powers are: Permanence.

We know that YD can poof gems, and was able to heal the majority of Nephrite's physical form. She has powers over gemkind's physical projections. BD obviously holds power over the emotions of gems, and their minds. She was able to heal Nephrite's speech and return most of her mind. PD healed the last bit of Nephrite, her ability to process. Her aura has the ability to speak to gems telepathically, and communicate effectively even with ones whose minds should not be able to understand(Nephrite, the Cluster). Nephrite was fully healed and functional, until the three diamonds let go of her, which caused her to revert right back to being corrupted.

Blue mentions that White might be what was missing. White is… different. Blue and Pearl said it themselves. She obviously is implied to be the most powerful of the diamonds, as even Blue and Yellow seem to fear her. What could she possibly inflict that another diamond would fear?

White has the ability to harm gems in a permanent way. Even if a gem she strikes reforms, the damage remains. That is why her pearl's eye is missing, but her gem unharmed. White will leave a lasting impact on gems without having to crack them, leaving them functional, but stricken with a wound that will always remind them of their insubordination, their powerlessness, their unimportance. No matter what another gem tries to do to reverse the damage, only she can undo it. Not even another diamond (or three) can make any lasting change to her work.

White Diamond is terrifying."

i dont think it would really go towards the terms. Its a well established fact that it only works on their own kind. YD cant exactly disassemble flesh, i wish Blue Diamond could affect other beings, but for things like Verse Equalisation, things that are fairly similar to another concept in both verses (Like Chakra and Ki, or Quirks and X genes) or something like Samurai Jacks sword being able to slay other 'ultimate evil' beings than Aku, rather than just allow something like that.

It wouldnt be a big deal, but it messes too much with the outcomes of fights in the Diamonds favour. Especially if YD can just disassemble anyone.

Part of me thinks these rules only exist so that humans like Connie and Lars stand some moderate advantage against the gems they're facing.

It would be similar to how genjutsu and several other abilities in naruto only work on beings that have chakra but we allow it to work on everything under verse equalization. Restricting it to working solely on gems removes a lot of powers from a good portion of the cast.

Gojira1234 said:
Makes me wonder how they deal with non-Gem enemies like when they go to war with other alien races and such
My dream is for a one-shot episode or graphic novel dealing with this. I want to know what Homeworld did to other non-organic life forms dagnabbit.

I'm genuinely hoping that WD was the one who split Homeworld apart. I think that the "you have no idea what she's capable of" hints at that.

I have no idea how to quantify that without a flashback showing it happen, though. May or may not be 5-B considering the planet is still in pieces (showings that the GBE was overcome) but also that it is still in one place (indicating its GBE hasn't been broken). Honestly Homeworld being in pieces but still not in contact with the other pieces is just physics-breaking unless the Gems are forcing the pieces apart.

Well, they made the point that Homeworld's resources were dwindling, and we've seen what would happen if the diamonds conquered earth. It could possibly also have something to do with that, though i definitely wouldn't be surprised if WD was the source.

Well, even if it was White, it sure wasn't now, since neither Blue nor Yellow showed any surprise seeing the planet like that, so it has been in that state for a while.

Also, she somehow knew that Pink Diamond wasn't shattered, that she was coming back, and ordered gems to gather to celebrate her return even tho it was impossible for Yellow and Blue to communicate to tell her, possible Clarivoyance?

Heck, she wasn't surprised in the slightest, perhaps she knew Pink was Rose all along, she was in on the big prank. She thought Pink was just trying to let it all out judging by what shes saying.

Going by what she says, yeah she probably knew, she was just like a Mother asking their Kid if they had fun in the playground lol.

WD definitely gives me abusive perfectionist mom a la Joan Crawford vibes, and that just makes her all the more unsettlingly powerful. It makes the other Diamonds seem like powerless children compared to her. The way YD was talking about her temper and talking to her sounded like the eldest child protecting her younger siblings from getting the brunt of her wrath. Honestly WD is such a perfectly built up villain, even just by the way others speak of her.

Considering Yellow and Blue weren't aware of the corruption effect, it's fair to say White was responsible for it, maybe we can give her Mindhax when we get more into the next couple of episodes?

Also, for Legs from Here to Homeworld, Yellow can temporarily fix physical corruption, and Blue/Steven can temporarily fix mental corruption, IDK what that would qualify as.

Back