• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe CRT Thing Part 2

But guuuuuys if we upgrade Connie to 9-A then it will negate her nearly unmatched win-record against non-hax as well as some-haxxed 9-B characters on here ***Cries*** LMAOOOOOO!

So it looks like we need to figure out the Rubies, but almost all the fusions can stay the same thanks to Opal and thus so can Rose (thank goodness), who I just realized gets her scaling from the game which is confirmed secondary-canon anyway, lol.

SMOKY can't stay the same if we end up downgrading the 7-A+ characters though, as they get their High 7-A tiering from STOMPING JASPER, sooooo while their Pink State can stay, if we do downgrades we will have to consider whether to downgrade Smoky's base-state.

Soooooo nobody wants to give their input on us needing to add Sound Manipulation and Energy Projection (the latter using the sound-manip as a "carrier") to Pink State Steven's abilities? Guys just REAL QUICKLY pleeease so we can get back to the tiering stuff, do you agree with that or not? Cuz I could make those additions in like, seconds. Haha.

Pretty sure Smoky Quartz also gets their tier from backscaling from Opal (As does Rainbow 2.0)

Steven's shield and bubble durability are tied to his mental state. The high 6-A feats are consistent with him being in a stable mental state/state of mind of defending himself/his friends, the feats that you listed are him being in situations of panic

Neither Smoky nor Rainbow get scaling from Opal

Nickobloke said:
I think so
Okay thanks Nickobloke, so anybody else wanna give their input on whether Pink State Steven can get Sound Manip and Energy Projection?

Also I almost forgot but this IS important: What about how Lapis seems to have grown much stronger, from barely being able to budge Blue Diamond in Reunited to being able to restrain Monster Steven who can stomp Diamonds? Is that an outlier/PIS, is it due to Steven's "heart not being in it" trying to escape, or should we note she got stronger on her profile? Remember that we saw Jasper values the idea of "training" for power/dura (not just for skill), which would make literally no sense whatsoever unless Gems are in fact able to grow stronger over time by training like humans can, so it isn't far-fetched to think that Lapis grew stronger. . .maybe? Also her growing as strong as the Diamonds wouldn't be as freakish as it seems given that she seems to be some kind of abnormal/mutant Super-Lapis Lazuli, judging by how she casually stomped two normal Lapises.

WeeklyBattles said:
Steven's shield and bubble durability are tied to his mental state

Neither Smoky nor Rainbow get scaling from Opal
Then their profiles are forking liars

Steven's shield and bubble durability are tied to his mental state. The high 6-A feats are consistent with him being in a stable mental state/state of mind of defending himself/his friends, the feats that you listed are him being in situations of panic

If becoming unstable doesn't make it less durable, then why did you say Steven's shield and bubble durability are tied to his mental state?

Because theres a difference between 'less durable' and 'less stable'

Also im not sure why Smoky's profile scales her to Opal when Sardonyx's strngth rating put her on par with Garnet

Then why did you say "Steven's shield and bubble durability are tied to his mental state" instead of "Steven's shield and bubble stability are tied to his mental state"?

I actually agree, Weekly, that Steven's shield and bubble in his Season 4-5 and Movie/Future keys should have durability "varies, from 6-C to At Least High 6-A likely higher, dependent on emotional state." That just makes the most sense (at least in my opinion). What does everyone else think? If a MAJORITY agree with this and you approve of it based on the "majority" thing, Weekly, then since I've been making his edits I can go do that with Steven's profile, it'll be easy-peasy lemon-squeazy.

Soooo not to sound desperate but is everyone going to ignore my questions about Pink State getting Sound Manip and Energy Projection and about whether Lapis should be getting a note that she became stronger by the time of Future? I mean, just saying. Those are important points but they're getting buried behind the (EQUALLY IMPORTANT) discussion of the shield/bubble.

Sorry for the double-post but since I make longer posts I can't keep up with how rapidfire you guys are going: Okay so instead of changing the shield/bubble dura should I add their "instability" to his "weaknesses" section?

Also guys I am kindly asking, please don't ignore the second paragraph in my last post, those points are equally important here.

So they become so unstable that an attack from a 7-A can break them? Also, why would he be panicking while Training with Jasper?

Adem Warlock69 said:
So they become so unstable that an attack from a 7-A can break them? Also, why would he be panicking while Training with Jasper?
Bcause he was in an unstable mindset due to his pink state trying to take over. Thats literally the entire point of the second half of Future, Steven rapidly deteriorating mentally due to his pink state

WeeklyBattles said:
Because theres a difference between 'less durable' and 'less stable'

Also im not sure why Smoky's profile scales her to Opal when Sardonyx's strngth rating put her on par with Garnet
Wouldn't Smoky be much stronger now? (Especially considering that in the Movie/Future Steven by himself is on par with Garnet (And Amethyst isn't too far behind) and Smoky would be far superior to him)

Technically they should. The Gems dont get physically stronger so they cant really change tier but Steven does

Should The Partially Formed Cluster's Tier get upgraded to "At least High 6-A, likely far higher" for restraining Monster Steven?

I only cared about Tier 5 upgrades. There's frankly nothing that substantial to note beyond some new hax additions that won't help them out against other universes in the slightest. They're still stuck at the suck.

does far higher have a set range that is used, for instance is High 6-A like far higher an indication for 5-A? like does it mean at least the next tier up, but due to lack of evidence it cant be officially placed there?

So I edited the paragraph with the description of Pink State towards the bottom of Steven's profile; The paragraph, originally, seemed to be directly copy-pasted from the S.U. wiki. However, the way the paragraph was worded made it sound like Pink State is ONLY POSSIBLE through him losing control of his emotions, only briefly mentioning his training with Jasper. I expanded it a bit to explain that Pink State actually seems to be the "full potential" of his Pink Diamond Gemstone (I mean, it looks like Pink Steven superimposed upon Steven's human body), and that he CAN learn to control it to the extent of activating it at will (we know it's like how Super Saiyan is triggered by anger the first time but control can be learned) as shown in his training with Jasper, and that the reason why the State was almost always out-of-control in the series was due to his mental instability at the time. I made it so people unfamiliar with the series won't mistakenly think it's something completely beyond his control that he can ONLY activate with rage or stress, or that it is merely a stress-response and not a true "power-up transformation" like Super Saiyan or whatever.

So should I (or someone) do the following:

1. Add a "Future" key for Lapis putting her at "likely higher" for restraining Monster Steven? It isn't far-fetched for her to have nearly come to equal or even surpass Yellow and Blue now, as INSANE as that sounds, given that: Gems can "train," she was more useful against Monster Steven than Yellow or Blue were, and she is canonically some kind of mutant-super-Lapis. Remember, other Gems believed Rose before the Pink reveal to be some mutant-super-Quartz capable of shattering Diamonds and far above a "perfect" Quartz like Jasper, so there's precedent to believe that mutant-super-gems can possibly exist. Everyone's thoughts? Was restraining Monster-Steven just PIS, given that Partial Cluster could do so but people seem to think it shouldn't be upgraded?

2. Add a second Key (between the original one and Pink State) for Smoky Quartz? If so, what should the tiering be? I think it's obvious we should, but the question here is the tiering.

Back