• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the whole negation thing. Only works on similar concepts. For example, ki or chakra. SU doesn't have similar concepts. Just like Goku wouldn't be able to sense Pearl or Naruto can't absorb he chakra.

If Goku is against a non-DBZ character, he'll most definitely feel their Ki, since by verse equalization means their inner energy is Ki by default.

WilliamShadow said:
Why tho? Her ranged attack is literally a laser, melee attacks are regular attacks
Their energy attacks are going to be of the same type (let's say both magical) in this battle to make it fair.
Regular attacks are normal as always lol

You can't equalize a real thing. You are basically saying that light is magic, which means every electromagnetic thing is magic and everything is magic

Im gonna need someone to explain why Nakagami would nullify say Pearl's energy projectiles....but not nullify her staff which is made of the same energy, or Pearl herself since her being is made up of light with mass that comes from her gem. IF we're going to nullify some part of her because it is defined as magic we need to properly define what part of her then ISNT magic.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Erza can't get past her Regenerationn in the first place except I'm missing something.
Pretty sure gem's Regenerationn is when they get destroy and then return

But that would count as Victory for Erza

Also, she cuts through space, Regen is kind of useless in most cases

^in fact I gave my vote to pearl cause I doubt Erza will get her since pearl has a huge experience and is an expert with sword and spears.

Just a heads up guys Gems can regen limbs without retreating into their gemstones, Garnet does it whenever she launches her arms as projectile gauntlets.

WeeklyBattles said:
Just a heads up guys Gems can regen limbs without retreating into their gemstones, Garnet does it whenever she launches her arms as projectile gauntlets.
Does she? We only know she moves her gems from the gauntlets, she may just shapeshift hands out of them

The closest thing we got is Ruby regenerating hand after touching destabilizer field in Jailbreak

I'm really questioning this fight now.

Because, again, Pearl has much higher Durability than Erza's AP, and Erza only ignores durability in armors that uses a lot of magic Power/Stamina

So it's kind of unfair if you ask me.

Let me clear up something. Pearl is a rock. An alien rock, but a rock nonetheless. Rocks don't have magic. Rocks don't have ki. Rocks don't have chakra. Rocks don't have reiatsu. Rocks don't have haki.

Also, no. It wouldn't count as a win if Erza poofs Pearl once. That's like saying Erza wins if she vaporizes someone with Mid Godly regen.

WeeklyBattles said:
I highly doubt it. And even if she does, them is not really combat applicaple, since they never really regenerated from anything else besides being "poofed"

The real cal howard said:
Also, no. It wouldn't count as a win if Erza poofs Pearl once. That's like saying Erza wins if she vaporizes someone with Mid Godly regen.
She does. She really does. At least you can proof me that Erza is going to wait until Pearl regens

AidenBrooks999 said:
She does. She really does. At least you can proof me that Erza is going to wait until Pearl regens
Gems can rush Regenerationn. While she's not Amethyst, she can make something proper in a few minutes

Ezra's job consists of doing jobs and getting pay from it. She sees a Pearl worth a lot of money. Kinda obvious that Erza would be inf or a surprise. Not to mention that Holo-Pearls exist after Pearl is poofed, stalling Erza if it came down to it. Pearl takes long to regenerate because of perfection. She can do it as quick as Amerhyst of her life depended on it.

Upon being poofed, since she has no knowledge of what Pearl is or how she works, why would she wait for regen, she wouldnt even know until it occurs. and when Pearl regens she is back in top shape while Erza is still in whatever she was in after the first fight with Pearl.

You are assuming that Pearl wll fight using Holo-Pearls? Now that's going all out.

"Ezra's job consists of doing jobs and getting pay from it. She sees a Pearl worth a lot of money." I seriously hope this to be one of your jokes.

"As quick as Amethyst" Enough time for a fight. So neither Erza destroys Pearl or she leaves.

Last time I checked, the guild gets a lot of money from jobs. Note that most of the story is mostly phenomenons, as with most fictions. Pearl uses Holo Pearls and herself to train with Connie of all people. Why wouldn't she use them to go all out on Erza? And Amerhyst doesn't take too long to regenerate. The longest she's ever taken was 4 minutes iirc.

Last time I checked, the guild gets a lot of money from jobs. Note that most of the story is mostly phenomenons, as with most fictions. Pearl uses Holo Pearls and herself to train with Connie of all people. Why wouldn't she use them to go all out on Erza? And Amerhyst doesn't take too long to regenerate. The longest she's ever taken was 4 minutes iirc.
It was 4 hours. But she did manage to perfectly regenerate in like 3-4 minutes

Here's what I think is one of the possbilities in this scenario

After a rather lengthy and hard fight, Erza manages to poof Pearl. Seeing her opponent explode suddenly from her recent attack she is shocked slightly not expecting such an event, nonetheless she notices the gem fall to the ground, seeing it as nothing more than a gem she takes it and begins to walk off thinking she has won, some small time later Pearl regens, surprising Erza as she saw Pearl explode and now realize that the gem IS Pearl. Now she has to fight Pearl who is aware of Erza's styles and abilites and powers and is in top condition and Erza now is in a less than desirable state, being weakened from the previous fight.

From what it seems (As I've not looked into Fairy Tail myself, though I really dhould as it seem like a fun shonen anime/manga) Erza doesnt use her durability negation stuff unless against specific magics that make her unable to attack in more conventional means Like when she did so against Minerva's spatial magic.

ALso wingblade on her profile is described as hitting without making contact, while in certain context this means it would get past armors, or barriers or certain spells to stop attacks from rreaching someone, Pearl does not have that, so wingblade would essentially be just another attack. It negates durability in the sense that if someone has armor or the like it gets past that, wingblade does not seem to ignore regen properites from what I read about it.

But....Im probably massively wrong on all this, so if I am please anyone correct me.

^ I am too lazy to read everything so I will just say Erza's only chance is to hit Pearl with Nakgami armor "nakagami starlight" ignoring her durabilty.

And she used it against Ajeel since he is intangible.

@Aiden

it has been shown that Holo Pearls are at least as capable as the real one, and if i recall she can make atleast 5 of them effortlessly in that one beach episode.

Pearl could most likely over the course of the battle makes dozens over time to confuse, distract or overwhelm Erza.

AquaWaifu said:
@Aiden
it has been shown that Holo Pearls are at least as capable as the real one, and if i recall she can make atleast 5 of them effortlessly in that one beach episode.

Pearl could most likely over the course of the battle makes dozens over time to confuse, distract or overwhelm Erza.
Ok, show me a clip where she created dozens of them on a serious fight

(ALSO, how many times I have to say than the AP gap is too big in this fight?)

@William Shadow

Okay so an intangible being that makes sense.

But Pearl does not show any traits that would make Erza use nakagami starlight on her, Erza doesnt seem like to one to pull out something so seemingly OP on any random opponent, but again I dont know Fairy Tail, only from what her profile states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back