• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Previous Thread

Summarization

• First and foremost - Mass Energy has been rejected in regards to AP for Steven Universe. Calcs that use it for ratings should be removed from pages; and if this changes the rating of the character in question, see the following points.
  • Garnet do not possesses Memory Manipulation since she is unable to alter nor erase memories; her granting Future Visions do not qualify as Mind Manipulation since she do not control how it works once being moved to Steven.
  • Garnet's surviving in the Sun's core is no longer usable as Kepekley already pointed out, and yet the statement refer to the temperature of the sun's core rather than the sun's core itself (no pressure involved), so value is not High 6-C even if is applicable.
  • Every gem at the same level than Opal or below do not scale to the Warship. That said, it was apparently calced at 16 Gigatons for Opal, and should scale to the other stronger fusions.
  • Many supporting Tier 6 feats for the base Gems have been debunked, and Tier 7 is being considered as more consistent for them. Here is a case-by-case of each calc/feat.
  • They have a large number of supporting lower-end Tier 7 feats such as the Mountain bust.
    • Garnet's Living Island Statement - Happened off-screens and we don't know how, plus it took all three of them, plus we don't know how powerful the island even is, since "tectonic emergency" lacks context. Will note myself that some of the most notable island busting feats actually come out in 7-A/High 7-A.
    • Sardonyx Hammer Time - Discounted as the show depicted the decompression as the force driving the rubies out of the chamber.
    • Rubies get hit by the Roaming Eye: 6 Gigatons is only the full kinetic energy generated by the ship, you need to take into effect the AoE that hit the Rubies, which reduces the feat to only 200 Megatons.
    • Gem Drill Durability - It was decided KE was not applicable for the feat. It was also added that The Cluster was not at the center of the Earth but rather somewhere in the mantle.
    • Saphhire's Blizzard - Was calced to be High 7-C at best, pending approval.
    • Snow Beast Blizzard - Calced to be near baseline 7-A at best, pending approval.
    • Tractor Beam/Gravity Whatever/Laser - Debated to a near standstill for God knows how long. I (probably falsely) assume we have reached a consensus that it only covered the area of Beach City, which was calced at 7-A and approved.
  • New Suggested Ratings (In no particular order, not including Steven, see below)
    • Varies - Lapis (See below)
    • Lower Tiered Gems - Gems that aren't meant for combat, judge by their own feats if they don't scale. Peridot w/out tech, Pebbles, Beach City Homies, Probably Lars
    • 7-A - Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, Amethyst, Unfused Topaz (Probably) Peridot with her tech, Lapis' durability(?), Most weaker corrupt gems, everyone else who scales.
    • 7-A+ - Jasper, Garnet, Bismuth, Smokey, Stevonnie, Topaz fusion, (Probably [AKA Dargoo's Opinion]) Rainbow 2.0, Most stronger corrupt gems, those who scale
    • 6-C - Opal, Sugilite, Sardonyx, (Probably) Sunstone, Ruby fusion, Rose (Restrained Pink), Hessonite w/out White Light(?), Most powerful gem weapons (Warships, Cannons, Lars' Ship), Strongest corrupt gems, those who scale
    • High 6-A - Cap of Lapis' tier, White Light, Malachite, Alexandrite, The Diamond Ships, The Diamonds, Obsidian, Partially formed Cluster
    • ??? - New tier for the fully-formed Cluster since ME isn't applicable anymore, needs to be discussed.
  • Lapis Lazuli
    • It was suggested her tower feat was an outlier or environmental destruction, both of which were rejected.
    • It was accepted that not all her water based attacks have the same AP, and thus she should have a Variable AP that depends on her access to water and emotional state.
    • High 6-A was agreed to still scale to Malachite, Alexandrite, The Diamond Ships, The Diamonds, Obsidian, and the Partially Formed Cluster.
    • The ocean falling on Steven was debunked (at least for the entire ocean or even a fraction of it), as most of the tower already fell, water dispersing in the air moving at entry speeds, the water significantly slowing down when it hit the ground, and the highest levels of water not hitting Steven.
  • Scaling
    • Still largely being discussed.
    • Aquamarine doesn't scale to Alexandrite.
    • As stated above not everyone who got slapped around by Lapis' water is High 6-A.
    • The Diamond Ships don't scale to anything but the strongest fusions and zhe diamonds.
    • Pink Steven is = to the Diamonds however Regular Steven doesn't scale to them as of now. However the latter point is still contested by Weekly.
    • Steven's Shield and Bubble are a mess.
Stuff that needs discussion

• Gem Physiology Page
  • Stamina
  • Probably Scaling

Out of curiosity what was the reason for not rejecting Lapis' feat as an outlier? It seems to be way, way higher than anything in the verse barring a fully-formed Cluster?

Damage3245 said:
Out of curiosity what was the reason for not rejecting Lapis' feat as an outlier? It seems to be way, way higher than anything in the verse barring a fully-formed Cluster?
Cause Lapis was only portayed as weaker than the Diamonds

Otherwise she could overpower the Crystal Gems even with her gem cracked and small amounts of water

I feel like Lapis' feat being one of the major plot points in SU makes ignoring it as an outlier a bad choice.

Plus it's supported by later statements of her holding Malachite under the ocean, and Lapis gems being used for terraforming.

We already agreed Lapis is Variable in tier based on her acess to water so her not one-shotting everyone with a pint of water makes sense.

Now, with a third option.

Page or list?

Page

List

Both

The poll was created at 16:35 on January 28, 2019, and so far 10 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

By the way, it is stated that Blue Diamond snapped Lapis' chains which could restrain Malachite - but shouldn't the chains restraining Malachite be stronger than Lapis' chains? Since it is Malachite restraining herself.

And if Lapis has a variable tier depending on the amount of water she has, why would those tiny chains be considered comparable to her Multi-Continent level feat?

WeeklyBattles said:
Is there any reason why Holly Blue Agate is Unknown?
Mostly because she doesn't harm anyone and gets bodied by any one of the gems at a given time.

I would lowball her at 7-A scaling to Rubies.

Thats what i was gonna say, she's below the CG but she should easily be above a Ruby

Also, why does Lapis have Telekinesis listed as a power...?

As a side question, is the Steven Universe series over now, or will it continue, despite the rather final nature of the ending of season 5?

Antvasima said:
As a side question, is the Steven Universe series over now, or will it continue, despite the rather final nature of the ending of season 5?
It has been confirmed to have a Season 6 as well as an upcoming movie.

Hey, would anyone be willing to calc Peridot and Lapis' lifting strength for carrying Greg's car wash sign?

While I'm sure the feat wouldn't do much for Lapis I can calc it for Peridot.

That said I'm usually slow with calc requests so if someone wants to do it fast don't count on me.

I still don't get why Peridot even has 9-A.

Call it a wild guess, but something tells me Peridot isn't that absurdly below any other tier, especially seeing how Gem's strength loosely correlates with their size. At the very least, she should be a tier below Ruby without any equipment and equal with.

Tipoima said:
I still don't get why Peridot even has 9-A.
Call it a wild guess, but something tells me Peridot isn't that absurdly below any other tier, especially seeing how Gem's strength loosely correlates with their size. At the very least, she should be a tier below Ruby without any equipment and equal with.
1. She is portayed as really

2. Technically, the weakest not-Peridot and relevant gem is Sapphy (Low 7-B)

I think we said a couple threads back that White should have:

Mind Manipulation, Corruption (Type 3) and Expert Spear User.

Back