• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Another 'nother thing, but shouldn't Pearl also have Stealth Mastery? In Space Race, she was able to rip off parts of Greg's Van and build a (mostly) functioning spaceship in the barn overnight without either of Greg or Steven noticing/waking up.

Only unstable fusions i think. Stable Fusions are stated to be their own individual being entirely with their own personality as long as the fusion remains stable.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Another 'nother thing, but shouldn't Pearl also have Stealth Mastery? In Space Race, she was able to rip off parts of Greg's Van and build a (mostly) functioning spaceship in the barn overnight without either of Greg or Steven noticing/waking up.
Is it really stealth mastery tho? Sounds like Steven & Greg are simply deep sleepers...

I mean, even stable fusions are capable of showing multiple personalities under stress. IE. Garnet's reaction to the fusion experiments.

That they didn't hear her building a spaceship which would require alot of loud tools to build? And not to mention she must have needed someway to remove all the parts of Greg's van while he was sleeping in it. It seems much more likely that she was quiet enough to not wake them up.

Question, should Steven have Type 1 Corruption?

• Type 1 — "Natural" Corruption: Despite what the name says, it's not natural as in it just happens in nature. Natural as in the opposite of supernatural, as in no powers are required for this. Users can use their words or actions to influence those who they are trying to corrupt. This method normally takes a lot of time and almost always results in a change in morals.
Steven does this pretty consistently throughout the series. Lapis, Peridot, The Diamonds, Topaz, etc. Heck, he sometimes alters peoples morals just a few minutes after meeting them without actively trying to. (Topaz) Rose should also have this, she effectively hijacked a large chunk of the Earth coloney's working force and coerced them into her army of renegades.

An argument could also be made for Rose having Body Puppetry. In A Single Pale Rose, Rose orders Pearl not to speak of her past as Pink Diamond and whenever Pearl tries to speak of it, her body actively prevents her from talking about it against her will. This would probably scale to Steven and the other Diamonds.

Also, I'm with Manx, where the hell does Toon Force come from?

Like, that's not HIM using Toon Force, it's from him eating a donut that Steven and Sadie put Fire Salt on. (What's weirder is Ant edited the page right after and didn't change it.) Also, agree with Wright.

Though we do still need to add Lion's powers to Lars's page since he was confirmed to have them.

I'm alright with the Body Pupperty based on Pink Diamond and Pearl scenario.

Not sure about "Corruption" because it seems like you have to infect them or some form of mind manipulation from the description of the page.

Plus, Steven Literally is just talking to Lapis, Peridot, The Diamonds. Ect...It's literally "Talk no Jutsu"

And Pink/Rose "hijacking" a large chunk of her own colony's working force really enough evidence? Did she hijack Garnet, Bismuth, Pearl, etct?

Read the description. "Influencing people with your actions or words". Talk no Jutsu is literally what Type 1 Corruption is.

I'm pretty sure it's only been recently introduced to the wiki. But you're right, even ignoring Steven, there are plenty of characters I can list off the top of my head who should have this added. (IE. Frisk, Palpatine, Delsin Rowe, Naruto, etc.)

Given that it's just being persuasive, I'm not sure that this should be listed as some sort of special poeer as opposed to explained in intelligence or abilities and techniques or something.

Even so, here's one of the limitiations.

"Inorganic lifeforms, most likely robots, may potentially be immune to some usages of corruption due to lacking the proper body to corrupt."

The only type of corruption the Gems that clearly affect them are the attacks from the Diamonds. Physical ones. Plus, it's quite a reach to say Steven who has only known the Diamonds for...an extremely short period of time can change their morals they've had for thousands of years.

The description says Type 1 ususally takes a long period of time.

A race that has been conquering worlds for 10,000+ years will not be persuaded by the "Son" of one of their own in less than 1.

Pink Diamond couldn't and she was around them for 1000s.

So, why again?

"Some usages" not all usages. Even so, that doesn't change the fact he kinda did change their morals a bit. Blue and Yellow realised that they way they'd been taking care of Pink was unstable and abusive and all the Diamonds were convinced to heal a bunch of corrupted Gems that they probably would've shattered otherwise, at best.

I mean, all you have to do is watch the most recent episode. He convinced Blue by showing her how she had abused Pink. He convinced Yellow by showing her that their Empire wasn't perfect. He convinced White by showing her that SHE wasn't perfect.

Yeah, not all usages of a power are equal. Usually it takes years, with Steven it took a few days. Just means his application is better than the norm. Worst case scenario, blame bad writing.

Imo. Since Type 1 says over a period of time. I would think that if you had the same morals for thousands of years, it would take a much longer time for morals to change than what we see in Steven Universe. Especially in terms of the Diamonds.

In short, I'm in agreement with Wok.

But as for Body Puppetry, sure.

It explicitly says '''Usually '''over a long period of time. His being unusual doesn't discredit him from having that power.

And? He did the feat, his works differently than normal. That's like saying "casualty manipulation doesn't work on the acasual, so even those this guys causality manipulation is shown to effect the acasual, we're going to ignore that because the page says it usually can't." There are exceptions to every rule, dude.

And the exception of that rule isn't defined. So unless it's defined I wouldn't agree to Steven takes 3 Days to change morals held for over 10,000 years, a feat something his mother, who he has to thank for the majority of his powers in general, couldn't do being around them for just as long.

What are you even on about? "Usually" doesn't mean always. The exception to the rule is whenever the rule clearly doesn't apply, such as right now. Steven managed Type 1 Corruption in three days when it normally takes years. That's what happened. His is just better than the norm. Pink's Type 1 Corruption not being as good doesn't change anything, especially sense Steven's have shown to be different on occasion. (IE. Healing spit instead of healing tears.) Literally the whole point of Steven's arc is that he and Pink aren't the same person. Just because she couldn't do something doesn't mean he can't.

The difference between proving they have Corruption Type 1 and their form of Healing Powers is that it was shown that Pink/Rose had healing abilities and mentioned, therefore these powers were passed on to Steven, which he had to discover himself, not through tears, but spit.

There are no feats that show Pink/Rose has any Corrpution Type 1. As Wok stated, it's just being persuasive. It doesn't seem like a real defined ability or power since he's only talking to them. I'm sorry you don't like the semantics on the page concering what Usually is talking about in terms of time it takes for the ability to work.

It would be great if there were an example to better define it.

So I still agree with Wok.

Also, why are you focusing on this one instance as if it disproves him having the ability entirely? Lapis, Peridot, and Topaz are still legitimate examples.

Corruption Type 1 is literally the same thing as being persuasive. That's what the power is.

You're the one getting hung up on semantics. Soul Manipulation needs the target to have a soul to work and the page states this. Doesn't change Digimon being an exception.

Do you really think prior instances had examples to draw on? Do you really think that soul hax effecting people without souls was common before Digimon had exactly that? No. Usually is there for a reason. To show it's a rule that has exceptions. Exceptions that we can find for ourselves when the appear. Steven's ability works differently than the norm, much like Digimon's soul hax, as such we simply note him as an exception to the rule and move on.

Wak's point is that it shouldn't even be a power to begin with. If that's what you think, make a CRT about it and stop cluttering the thread.

Topaz - He never in the episode tried to actively change her morals. She literally broke down after the way Steven talked to Lars, as she had no idea two people cared deeply about each other. She never spoke until after THAT moment. Something they felt deep down but was afraid to speak (For obv reasons) In the end, she submitted to Aquamarine and handed them in.

Peridot - This is actually a good example. She had some personal time with all the Gems and Steven and even stood up to Yellow Diamond. I'll give you that one.

Lapis - What morals did he try to change? He literally just wanted her to stay on Earth but she was afraid to because of her fear of the Diamonds. She even left multiple times after being "corrupted" so to speak by Steven.

Meaning he still has it. Wether you want to accept the other examples as examples or not, Peridot is an example we can both agree on. It's an ability he has very clearly demonstrated.

Yes, but with Peridot it was over an actual decent amount of time. So +1

Topaz: 1 Encounter, in the end said "ability" did not work.

Lapis - Too iffy. She stayed, then left, then stayed, then left and finally stayed after Reunited. Showing a "Limited" (At best) ability.

The Diamonds - I think is too far of a reach for what he has already "shown." His "power" is so strong he can change the morals of the Diamonds in the matters of days but wasn't strong enough to have Topaz overpower Aquamarine entirely or keep Lapis on Earth?

Okay guys, we seriously gotta fix Aquamarine's page. Having it as just Unknown is just making me mad. I feel like scaling her to Steven would be perfectly acceptable. Barring that, she should at least be above a Ruby, who we know are the weakest gems around. (Minus Sapphire)

@Pepper and what's your point? If you use an ability once and fail a couple other times, that doesn't mean you don't have the power. My entire point is that it's an ability he should have as it's something he's shown to have.

Back