• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RM97 Trust me, I'd like to know as much as what A even is, as do Lily and Edison.

We just have to be patient with Mangagamer...as overdue as they are with updating.

When it comes out, we'll have plenty of new info to properly learn about Sona Nyl, especially the Angels and whatever kind of abilities Lily has in the VN. Not to mention the bonus stories which is Refrain that'll have the WN and another story added so we'll have plenty to read when it drops...eventually.

I recall seeing a comment in a previous discussion thread that M and Edison eternally stalemated each other. Is that true or..?

I'm not even sure where how true that even is anymore.

AFAIK, Edison/Moon King/Tick Tock Man = M/Black King in terms of having the same existence, name, function/feature, etc.

And M from that fandisc video I looked into seems to be aware of Edison's existence, which I suspect can mean that Edison does of M as well.

Could be some VN thing I imagine, but IDK if them fueding or being in some kind of stalemate is true. And if it is, IDK where.

Edison started out the same as M, but Edison not only ate Yog and became all of space-time, he has control over the largest fragment of AZZT. He seems way more powerful than M.

Crossing fingers here, but I'm hoping once more that this Friday or weekend is the update time from Mangagamer.

Sona Nyl gotta be coming out soon cuz we're a month away from its 10th Anniversary. It'd be fitting in a way if it released on that day. At least it's better than releasing it on Christmas since not only would that be longer wait, it'd be ****** if you know what that date means in-universe of WAB.

Jesus christ it took them so long, but it's FINALLY DONE BOI'S!

Well now they got imaging and some other final edits to go through, but holy Engine Gods did this took a while to get here lolol.

Yeah. I was legit just gonna give up on the whole "this gonna be it week" comments.

Good thing they updated today too, even. I just got done with the main story of The Engine Dictionary finally. I still have to check later to make sure it's "right enough" but as far as text goes, I got them all.

Even got some interesting details about what A and Lily do (mainly Lily), the Abyss Bar which we'll get even more details about in Eye of Hypnos, a little about Edison in fact, and ofc the info about about M granting A some of his Jet Black to create his "Critter", Howler in Darkness.

『そう言う貴様はまた仮面を変えたようだな。その左半身、以前のものとは違う』

『これでも数百年は使っているが』

"It looks like you've changed your mask again. That left half of your body is not what it used to be."

"I've been using this thing for hundreds of years now."

So a tad bit thing here about Edison.

Here he’s having a simple conversation with Hypnos in the latter’s bar and while talking about wearing “masks”, Hypnos brings up Edison changing to a new one which he replies saying he’s been using it for hundreds of years now.

So we have some sort of timeframe as to when Edison was taken as being the Historical World's Nyar meat puppet like how M uses Moriarty’s body.

Publically wise, this would fit in line with Edison supposedly being one of the US’s Founding Father’s like Ben Franklin, which fits the “hundreds of years” line here.

Makes sense.

Btw when was it said M nuked that multiverse again? Think it was a vague timeframe of "the far past". Was just trying to figure out if infinite universes were around when the current Edison who ate Yog became all of space-time.

Last edited:
Oh if you ask about the “left half of body” thing, Edison came to Hypnos bar in a rather...interesting form. It relates to some descriptions I’ve seen of him about gears and clocks, which explains his known title as “Tick Tock Man”.

No given timeframe other than “in the far past”. Yog was also brought up a couple times in the books story actually, one on the Black King who brought him up in passing which sounds like Yog was around back them until Edison ate him.

Now i am wondering why Edison ate him, did he just suddenly decide, I wanna become all space-time so lets eat Yog, and why would he wanna become all of space-time, well to make him more power of course, but i am thinking being able to see the suffering of everyone and instigate said suffering.

In short i wanna see how that whole interaction went down.

IMO "Gears and Clock" seem like metaphors for Causality and Time respectively.
Gears being Causality is due to how moving one gear can lead to movement of other gears and how stopping on gear can lead to a system stopping. Similar to how cause and effect functions.
So I think Edison also has full control over Causality of the Multiverse. Not a far-fetched idea since Causality is linked to Time itself.

Sounds plausible, also heard he rewrote the multiverse laws or something, but just more hearsay.

Lets hope we get Sona Nyl in like a month or so.

Reminds me of Gravity and being related to space-time...ah, JoJo days of counting prime numbers and going to "Heaven".

Eh, it could mean anything.

It is still literal methinks. Cuz Sona Nyl's Webnovel has this dream walk part of Lily where some guy in Valusia met Edison and he was described as being made of "gears and steel" and "sneer and madness". And the Engine Dictionary story I got has him appearing with one half of his body made of flesh and blood, and the other half made of metal.

I only know it was Edison becuz the narration described the person entering the bar as having "black skin" and wearing "white clothes". Which is exactly what Edison looks as you may recall his CG art.

I don't think "Steel" is being said here in a literal sense. Porshion too was called Steel but that was more indicative of his appearance as an entity in shiny armor rather than a physical being made of metal like steel, especially since we know how Kikais are abstract beings in the first place.

EDIT: Read the Engine Dictionary story part. Though if the "other half made of metal" is legit, it would likely be applicable to his physical form.

Well yea don't think Edison is actually flesh and blood nor steel, we know that's not right since he is the same as M who has no physical form.

Eh, it doesn't bother me much. I only just go by what the text say.

@RM97 That's more like all of Kikai who were described as being in bodies of steel, but yes I get what you mean.

And probably.

@Celestial_Pegasus Point. It would only be applicable to the Edison body he's possessing but not...Nyar Edison him/itself.

That said, you guys have no idea how tired I can be after I finish up getting all my text ready for later posting lol.

I miss out on Kanji's that I don't check to correct from the book, so I actually find things in which it makes for better editing and correction. Makes sense considering I have to check all this out later including the bit with Edison, M/Black King, etc.

Anyways, we'll learn what Tick Tock Man really is like when using Edison's body.

What I'm curious rn is what made the Nyarlathotep of our world choose Edison of all people to use as its meatpuppet. Morirarty gave the Black King his body for him to move on earth and outside of Sharnoth separately or whatever that went iirc.

Hoping there's some kind of explanation for that in the VN or something.

Edit: I also just got the rest of the "Unknown Author Description" that has said stuff of M and Edison and whatnot. Shit my eyes really hurt having to backtrack on all them texts.

Think I'll give myself a break on my projects for this.

Last edited:
welp finally its updated. it's been 10 years smh I felt edison was torturing me here

Forgetting for a moment earlier that Sona Nyl just got completely done on its translation, here's a Youtubers video of Sona Nyl's full OP song with a translation to the lyrics.

They each have their unique feel to it, relative to the setting they're a part of. Which I think is what makes them all good.

Really need Sona Nyl now. Would hope they work on it and get it out by its anniversary but I kinda doubt it a bit now given how long it took them to give their update. Really wanna get in on the Purple Underworld now.

So I was thinking of this while waiting for Sona Nyl's update at the time.

I think the General Concepts/Terminology blog should have an update. Maybe after Sona Nyl's release.

It looks fine, but I think it looks empty too at the same time. Figured it should have more terms for it like what Crack Engines are or maybe the Golden Eyes perhaps, which I hope Sona Nyl gives more details about.

If anyone's curious, this is what I figure would be good to have for the blog or something to help freshen it up more. And if you guys notice, the other stuff not related to it are just things I figure would be nice to have on some of the profiles.

Here's a list of the stories made as a...celebration(?), of Steampunk getting a Fullvoice casting edition of the first three WAB VN's.

Rather interesting for it tells, aside from the fact we know jack about Celenaria, but they all seem to have a connection that's told in the EXTRA story about a certain someone we're very familiar with.

Pretty pooped out atm from typing and looking at text. Will have to think which ones I wanna do next in terms for the series.

So who is this guy with the sunglasses, Golden King? He is a member of the society after all. Wonder who that light is too.

So it was this Sharnoth short story that infinite series of universes were brought up. The way it's mentioned there hints at that feat being not even that hard for M to do, like he could do more.

Hard to say. On Atwiki for Steampunk, they’re supposed to be Aleister Crowley but he’s only named dropped in the Steampunk fandiscs or something.

Although if you took that out and just assume, I would think it was Golden King as well with the whole thing about Paradigm and talking about Tesla being the Society’s sole enemy.

But yeah, that’s where the thing we got for M is from. And also more about “fantasies” that use to exist in the world. I saw this same description used for the Old Ones in the Engine Dictionary extra story which seems to line up what they are...I think.

Hi guys. Sorry for the long silence. After some problems I was finally able to complete the registration xD

First of all, I would like to thank @Qliphoth_Bacikal again for the excellent translations. There are really many interesting things in France.

I would also like to respond to the previous post regarding Leo:

@Celestial_Pegasus:

3. Yes, it looks like that.

6. Not really, Hilde's Time Prison is able to "throw" the desired area out of space-time. The Time Prison Leo got out of is an area of his mansion in Valusia.

9. Yep. Salting was also done by the King of Wrath and the Abholles (Horrors?), but only Leo said about such a scale.

During this time, I also managed to read and re-read various WaB things, including Angel Bullet, Tyrhhia, Celenaria and the Celenaria fandisk, and also finished reading the Steampunk Full-voice Fandisk.
In general, I have quite a lot of new information that can be discussed, if someone is interested - ask me, I will always be happy to answer.

@Zereer I can imagine so, since we had the forum thing going on at the time.

And thanks! I pretty much got the stuff for the USA portion and a book of Sona Nyl done (editing, revising and look over it again aside.), but I appreciate the response ^^

Also to everyone, is it just me or is Amaterasu Translations site for Inganock and Sharnoth’s webnovels ******? I tried to go there for some reading but I kept getting some 404 error now.

Amaterasu has been messed up for a while now, RM97 was asking about Sona Nyl's WN before and it wasn't working remember?

You have to access through archive.vn or wayback, i forgot which one it was saved to.

Yeah, Amaterasu's site is down. Sucks because iirc they said that they would be translating the other WNs such as Celeneria, Gahkthun, etc.

The really F'd part that's sad is I DO sorta remember reading something about them trying out a Valusia VN and WN translation, but they didn't seem to get on with it.

Assuming that was true, it's really all kinds of F'd.

Another thing to REALLY love 2020...

人は、ふるきものを覚えているだろうか。
精霊、妖精、神々なと。かつて人々の営みと共にあった古きものたち。
それらは現実の生物等ではなく、あくまで人々の夢見た幻想に過ぎない。
黒の王がこの星へと飛来して以降は、タタールの門を通じて暗黒星シャルノスへ移住するものも少なくはなかったようだが、意味はない。進歩し発展する人類文明の灯りの前に、それらは影の如〈消えていった。哀れなものだ。
世界は人のものだだ。
世界は鉄と機関とが埋め尽くすのだ。
幻想の生くる隙間など、ありはしない。

Will people remember the Old Ones (ふるきもの/Furukimono)?
Spirits, fairies, and gods. Those of old that were once part of people's lives.
They are not real creatures, they are only illusions dreamed up by people.
After the Black King flew to this planet, not many of them migrated to the dark star of Sharnoth through the Gates of Tartarus, but it was meaningless. They disappeared like shadows before the light of human civilization, which was advancing and developing. It's a pity.
The world belongs to man.
The world is filled with iron and machines.
There is no room for illusion.

Being an Illusion in Steampunk both sounds realistic and has to suck if you just exist one time and then later vanish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back