• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should probably get the epilogue out by Friday.

In terms of the present time it's complete (outside of more editing) but we got one more and Karsheel is done.

So let me process this, Gene is a mechanical doll, the 9th in a series that is meant to help in the research of the Great Society and a such she looks human.

This research is the research done by the Great Society to recreate life. R Dorman was made with that express purpose, and literally killed the Scholar (Golden King?) who made her by disassembling his body to get genetic info to recreate life.

So basically the whole time, she was fulfilling her programming to guide humans.

This still leaves exactly who Kyrie is, he is the last human, but he has no memories of before the world ended. Just a dude with amnesia?

Anyway Kyrie was pretty impressive, has a 6km sword, and is subsonic. Thanatos can twist space and has several optical weapons.

It's basically gg for humanity, no possibility of life being recreated, Gene was never human and the last human, Kyrie has become less and less human, practically a machine.

Yup. There was actually a "premise" or summary for the story that talks about how two people are traveling but only one of them is "life". I didn't post or wrote it down earlier cuz I wanted to see if it matched up the one for the Steampunk portal site which unfortunately, I can't access it for some weird reason regarding IP address -_-

Anyways that's about right. Dorman's purpose is to recreate life, from plants to animals to even human life (I would think the one she killed off is that "Steel King" guy. If it was GK, it would perhaps just be another body he possesses. Either way, he's probably as gone as everyone cuz of Edison). Gene as you put it had her purpose to guide any life to Los Alamos. In her case, she only managed to obtain Kyrie.

Story wise, I thought it was gonna be depressing as hell. It didn't came out as much as I expected at the end but I assume from the comments I see around else on the web has to do with what Gene had to witness Kyrie do: Becoming more of a machine for her sake, even tho she's not human at all and just looks like it.

And yeah...as insane as Dorman was, I can understand why she flipped the F out like that. She practically just lost all that she researched up to that point only for someone to just destroy it cuz they messed with their partner like that.

Basically it is indeed the end for Karsheel's world. Literally as much of a hellhole that Edison has made of it.

I mean Gene lost her arm and is bleeding, we sure the epilogue isn't gonna be her dying?

For Dorman that research was a reason for existing, so i do understand, though what she was doing is in the morally gray area, killing the few for the many.

Have to say, pretty interesting course of events.

At this point, I also wonder if she'll even be able to heal up. Thanatos sending her flying pretty much ****** her up that much, and I doubt she and Kyrie can find something that they can use to patch it up.

Yup.

I actually enjoyed it a lot. Reminds me a lot of stuff like The Last of Us where one of the characters was gonna have to die to create a cure for some infection (Kyrie would be this one but his case being the sole gene that could restore all life) and another one of them going off to save them when knowing that it would deny life getting a second chance (Gene being this one but for her case being so that Kyrie could die as a human and not as a machine).

It does make it questionable if Gene was in the wrong as much as Dorman was in on all of this. And also what makes them foils to each other even though we got to know Gene more than Dorman. Again, Karsheel really reminds me of a lot of other series with situations like this even if it's short. Although that is one of the biggest problems I have with it being that short. Like what else did Gene and Kyrie do that we didn't get to see them do? How many Mechanical Dead are still around if the only ones we saw were Ares, Diane, Thanatos, and some Beast-Type MD Kyrie mentioned (this one got me excited and I'm rather upset I didn't get to know more about this xD)? Did they ever managed to find their "Sanctuary"? Stuff like that brings about as much questions as that for Inganock, Sharnoth, and Gahkthun I imagine.

Also since you're done with chp4, you can finally proceed on with the epilogue lol. Here.

So Kyrie and Gene have known each other for a while, really adds a layer to their relationship, she is pretty much a mother to him.

And yea there are still unanswered questions.

Mmhm. They practically knew each other ever since the world ended and MD's starting appearing and attacking. It also shows, or at least implies, that Edison may have been listening or watching them and was curious of how Kyrie wanted to protect Gene even though he was just a young kid at the time.

Really creepy shit and knowing what has happened up to this point makes it pretty sad and unfortunate for them. Kyrie and Gene.

Anywho, that's one project down. That's all I got out of the book after a few months. All that's left is the afterword from Sakurai that's inbetween the epilogue and the appendix but I'm sure it's just talking about the series.

Got big boi out here finally. All that's left is Kyrie.

Edison is all like; i just ended the world, lets watch how all these humans react and give power to any pique my interest just so i can see them become what their fighting against.

About Thanatos, could have sworn that Gene said the only reason Kyrie was alive is due to Thanatos being reactionary, if it was fully intent on killing him, Kyrie would be dead, thus i do think it probably scales to Kyrie's speed which is so fast Gene can't see and Gene is a high tech machine, but a basic Subsonic works.

We really need Kyrie vaporize/destroying Diane or Ares calc cause that did nothing to Thanatos, vaporizing a human is 9-A, but idk about a machine, would think it would require more energy.

Kyrie's sword thing also needs a calc, clearly far above wall level.

Once again, Edison is practically Mythos Nyar. ^^;

That it was, I remember. And ah. I was wondering where the Subsonic part comes from but now that finally makes sense. Speaking of Gene, I just love how she literally went John Wick mode on the security bots and only stopped when Dorman asked her the question of loving Kyrie or not. That shit was straight badass, and she's just a general purpose robot haha.

Reminds me of ALRF one time wondering if a calc for destroying a building the size of Stone Golem but after getting into WAB I realize how dumb that sounded. No offense to him but that shit is funny as hell lol. Real talk, we could MAYBE assume something out of it. All I know about MD's are they're made of steel and have a particular shape/form. Diane is supposed to be like a "mechanical ape" and Ares is of a spider and Thanatos is ofc humanoid in shape.

lol all I can do for Kyrie is put much/far higher for it.

When you think Edison can't get anymore evil, he does.

If we know what they are made of, and have like a height for them or something a calc is probably doable.

For Kyrie, we just need the height and length of the castle, it's also probably doable.

You should request those calc. I can maybe attempt it if no one calcs it after a while, but depends on my mood, plus would have to look in how i can go about it.

We really need Sona Nyl out soon so we can hear the evilness from him.

That's somewhat easy enough but I'm still unsure if it's enough.

Diane:

"ÒüæÒéîÒü®ÒééÒÇüÕç║þÅ¥ÒüùÒüƒþò░Õ¢óÒü«õ║║Õ×ïÒÇüÒüèÒéêÒüØÕà¿ÚòÀÕìüÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äõ©ëÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)ÕñºÒü«ÚçæÕ▒×Òü«µÇ¬þë®ÒéÆÕëìÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒÇüþò░µºÿÒü½ÞàòÒü«ÚòÀÒüä "µ®ƒµó░Þú¢Òü«Úí×õ║║þî┐" ÒéƵÇØÒéÅÒüøÒéïÕº┐ÒéÆÕëìÒü½ÒüùÒüª"

"However, in front of the unusual human figure, a large metal monster of approximately 10 feet long (3 meters) in the shape of a "mechanical ape" with unusually long arms"

Ares:

ÒééÒü»Òéäõ║║Õ×ïÒü«ÕÉ쵫ïÒüòÒüêµ£ëÒüùÒüªÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒÇüµ¡¬Òü┐ÒüìÒüúÒüƒÞ£ÿÞøøÒü«Õº┐ÒéƵÇØÒéÅÒüøÒéïÚï╝ÚëäÒü«µÇ¬þë®ÒÇé

"A steel monster reminiscent of a deformed spider that no longer had any remnants of a human."

Õà¿ÚòÀÒü»ÒüèÒéêÒüØõ║îÕìüÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÕà¡ÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)þ¿ïÕ║ªÒÇé

Its total length was about 20 feet (6 meters).

Õ£░ÚØóÒüïÒéëÚá¡ÚáéÚâ¿Òü¥ÒüºÒü«Õà¿Ú½ÿÒüºÞ¿ÇÒüêÒü░ÒÇüÕìüõ║öÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÕøø. õ║öÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)þ¿ïÕ║ªÒüáÒéìÒüåÒüïÒÇé

In terms of its total height from the ground to the top of the head, it was about 15 feet (4.5 meters).

Ú╗ÆÒüÜÒéôÒüáÚï╝ÚëäÒüºµºïµêÉÒüòÒéîÒüƒõ¢ôÞ╗ÇÒü»õ║║Õ×ïÒüïÒéëÕñºÒüìÒüÅÒüïÒüæÚøóÒéîÒüªÒüäÒüªÒÇüÒéäÒü»ÒéèÒÇüÞ£ÿÞøøÒéƵâ│ÞÁÀÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇéÒüïÒüñÒüªõ©ûþòîÒü½Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüƒÕñ®þäÂÞç¬þäÂÒü«Þ£ÿÞøøÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüäÒÇéþò░Õ¢óÒü«Þ£ÿÞøøÒÇéÒü¡ÒüÿÒéîÒüªÒÇüµ¡¬ÒéôÒüºÒÇüÒü▓Òü®Òüŵ鬵äÅÒüÿÒü┐ÒüƒµäÅÕø│ÒüºÞ¿¡Þ¿êÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒéêÒüåÒü½µÇØÒüêÒüªÒü¬ÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéþäíµò░Òü«µúÿÒüîþ¬üÒüìÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÕཱུ£¼Òü«µ®ƒµó░ÞäÜÒü»þì▓þë®ÒéÆÕÅ®Òüìµ¢░ÒüÖÒü«Òü½Úâ¿ÕÉêÒüîÞë»ÒüòÒüØÒüåÒüºÒÇüÞäÜÒü«õ╗ÿÒüæµá╣Òü½ÒüíÒéçÒüôÒéôÒü¿Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïµ»öÞ╝âþÜäÕ░ÅÒüòÒü¬Þâ┤õ¢ôÚâ¿ÔöÇÔöÇÒüØÒéîÒüºÒééõ©ëÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÒÇç. õ╣ØÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)Òü╗Òü®Òü»ÒüéÒéïÔöÇÔöÇÒü«õ©¡Õñ«Úâ¿Òü½Òü»ÒÇüÒéäÒü»ÒéèÒüôÒéîÒééµ»öþÄçÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü»Õ░ÅÒüòÒü¬ÒÇüÒüæÒéîÒü®õ║║ÚûôÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒéêÒéèÒééÒüïÒü¬ÒéèÕñºÒüìÒü¬Úá¡Úâ¿ÒÇé

The body that was composed of darkened steel was far from the human form and reminded her again of a spider. It was not a natural spider existence that once existed in the world. A monstrous spider. It didn't seem to be designed with distorted, twisted, malicious intentions. Eight mechanical legs with countless thorns protruding seemed suitable for crushing its prey, and a relatively small body present at the base of the legsÔöÇÔöÇeven still it was 3 feet (0.9 meters)ÔöÇÔöÇat its center likewise was of small proportions but the head was much larger than humans.

Kyrie's Cracking Light Sword is gonna be so stupid cuz of how many things are involved that got cut xD

I'm also surprised to learn that it's different from his laser weapon, especially the part saying it had Antimatter and...Forcefield? The kanji for that one is a bit complicated since one of them can be translated as strength and power among others. So IDK what that aspect of his sword does but I can guess what the Antimatter part relates to.

Last update was on the 22 of Nov which was a Friday so that matches up.

Hopefully we get another one later this month even if it's another 5%

>Reminds me of ALRF one time wondering if a calc for destroying a building the size of Stone Golem but after getting into WAB I realize how dumb that sounded. No offense to him but that shit is funny as hell lol.

**** off mate, i forgot their nature lmao

Lol.

Btw Kyrie should have physics manipulation, his optical weapon and sword are cracking and we all know cracking controls and warps physics

Ah didn't think to add that earlier haha. I was only going by the light aspect, not physics aspect.

Reminds me, I wonder if Edison gave that to Kyrie just so he at least has something to kill the MD's with. Also if what Gene processed is true about the sword, that would make Edison's potential Cracking powerset more broke hah.

Edison has been involved with a lot of physics stuff, it's part of his power set, makes sense being a scientist.

Giving MD protection from the laws of physics, giving Kyrie cracking, supposedly giving the Grand Prince the idea for cracking etc.

If all Cracking comes from him, would give him a lot of powers: reality warping, law manipulation, concept manipulation etc.

He would then need some resistances to be a broken 2-A character, if he even is only 2-A that is.

We just have to hope Sona Nyl mentions quite a bit about him and his power standing and not just him being a scientist (and evil a-hole).

I think there is a 90% chance Edison is omnipresent, and like a 50% chance he is at least a 5-D being.

If Yog-Sothoth is anything like in Chuthulu that is, being all of space-time, while also transcending it.

Edison is the final boss of Sona-Nyl, every final boss before, we learned about them and their powers.

Even M who is so op compared to the vast majority of the verse, that fighting him isn't even an option, we got decent info, Lily confronts Edison, there is no way we get blue balled.

He most definitely is or should be cuz of Yog-Sothoth. It's more to do with knowing if it gets brought up in Sona Nyl which, given he appears quite a bit in several sections of the game from a Chinese playlist of it, should give us enough to learn about him.

Currently making another hub for the Gahkthun Novel Anthology. Don't think I'll do even the first story for rn though so I'll just settle to doing the glossary and characters, and adding in the map of Gahkthun just for add on sakes. Also need to finish up Gahkthun cuz of an earlier reason related to this.

Gene wanting to find a sanctuary where she can Kyrie can live in completely finished world, the actions and character of the people of Inganock, the fear everyone holds for the future; Kaijin, Inganock, and Sharnoth's overarching theme respectively can be boiled down to that.

And it's pretty interesting, every series deals with some other theme, for Gahkthun though, shining braves i am not sure what it can be boiled down to, shining refers to radiance, braves, i am guessing brave people?

It was pretty brave for Tesla to challenge the entire student council, and try to save 100 thousand people on his own.

Anyway where i was going with this, that i love the themes of WAB, the lovecrafian mythos and real world people add to that.

If it wasn't for Edison, we wouldn't have all these stories so that's one thing to thank him for i guess.

There's also something about memories too for Sona Nyl going by its name of "Sona Nyl of the Violet Memories". Maybe something about cherishing memories of the past or somesuch? Only guessing that off from Elysia and what happened to Alan in NY.

Yeah without Edison, all of those events from those stories wouldn't have happened.

Inganock wouldn't have been trapped in an infinite mist and terrified/killed off by Critters and monsters if the Grand Duke didn't start that experiment or even it not getting tampered by Edison (if we get confirmation of that), plus Cracking and Crack Engines among other things made in Inganock's isolation wouldn't have been known and used everywhere.

Valusia wouldn't have been trapped in that dome for a whole thousand years had Edison not show this Adept guy (can't figure out his name still) what Earth and Kadath would eventually become. For this one, he only showed the Gray Sky of Earth and Kadath (in the known world). The guy wouldn't realize that Valusia would have been safe cuz of being part of the more larger "unknown world" of Kadath.

Sona Nyl wouldn't happen if Edison didn't start that Cracking Experiment in New York, and New York would have remained as the US's greatest engine city. And ofc, Elysia and Alan would still be together and probably married up later on too (though in turn, we would never get Lily and A).

So yeah, Edison has had a hand in a lot of these that wouldn't have otherwise happened.

Just noticed, Sona-Nyl, Inganock, Ulthar etc, are all places in Cthulhu Mythos.

So we have all these Cthulu references + real people + set in the histoical past but with steam engines and fantasitcal stuff.

Was reading some reviews of WABS, and someone talked about it being a fairy tale, the repetitions like the Grand Prince doing his "Applause, Applause" is like a fairy tale, there isn't any sort of complex meaning, it's like in a superhero show where the heroes always do the same thing when transforming or something like that, hence we have stuff like Gii extending his right hand, Tesla transforming, M laughing as he devours MetaCritters etc.

We have all these fantastical beings such as Critters, Mechanical Dead, Abhorrors, Outer Gods etc. A fairy tale is an apt comparison. Fairy Tales can be scary.

Finished "Hub" doc of all...well just about all of what I covered from Karsheel. Still some stuff I'll have to do with it including the credits of people involved in it but not today.

"Hub" doc for the Gahkthun Novel Anthology. Obviously it's far from finished, and even the links to stuff I added are more or less at a blank but they'll be filled in overtime.

Atwiki seems to reference that Karsheel is also a Cthulhu Mythos place but I never got anything on my own on the web. It could be of Cthulu Mythos origin but I really have no idea where and what's its from.

Kek. Funny is how that fits Inganock up nicely. Tesla as well. Actually describing it as fairy tales can be appropriate. Sona Nyl has Lily being like Dorothy and A being her guardian who uses 3 Critters that could be attributed to the 3 beings Dorothy from Wizard of Oz traveled with. Tesla is mentioned as like the "Man of Steel" in Gahkthun, heck the glossary actually has that on his character intro as 《Úï╝ÚëäÒü«þöÀ》 or "Man of Steel".

If Vulthoom and/or Ulthar ever gets made and released, I wanna know what other kind of BS fantastical beings will show up.

So Tesla is Superman, speaking of Superman, wonder if any of them are in the same tier as Tesla, would be cool to do Man of Steel vs Man of Steel.

Just looked, it seems that the character introduction is just only for those that appeared in the original VN so characters from the novel that appeared like Fairbanks I'll have to like go through the book itself in order to learn about them.

Kek. Only ones I saw that Tesla MAY be able to fight, tier wise that is, is Superman (Smallville) and Superman (All Star).

Every other version is either a tier or more higher than him (High 8-C to his 8-C, 5-B to his Low 5-B, 4-B to his Low 5-B) or a tier or more lower than him (High 6-B to 6-B to his High 6-B, 5-C to his Low 5-B). This to only list some.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3791735

Other than interesting to see another G=G match in a while, is there any reason why they don't have AE Type 1 like the Critters and Kikai if they're supposed to have a superior existence? The only reasons I could see it being true is how G=G is the creator of the Critters and Kikai and being able to create stakes/blades with the same nature as the latter.

Meh, he created the Kikai and Critters, and is the illusory clown at the edge of everyone's vision, which apparently is supposed to make him non-existent.

The mention of possibilities and all that should just be removed, it's never said his nature is superior to Kikai and Critters, it's just an assumption based on the fact he created them.

What we do know for sure is that he is a Cracking Being, created from the Grand Prince's Cracking experiments.

And Cracking is literally a formula that warps and controls physics, so he is certainly Non-Corporeal.

Yeah I don't ever remember him being superior to Kikai and Critters. All that's known is being a Cracking Being and being the root/source of everything that happened in Inganock including the creation of Kikai and Critters, but never being superior to them like you said.

Guessing that's why people are confused in that matchup, especially since G=G has NC still listed and not AE.

Grimm Grimm is everyone's illusion, and even the city has dream of him, this applies to Stolen Ones like Lemure Lemure too.

Does this make him non-existent, idk but if he is he would be a type 1 non-existent being.

That's probably another thing to discuss in the upcoming crt.

Wondering, Kyire get Antimatter Manipulation for his Cracking Sword?

Other than being made of Cracking light, it's not a light that generates heat nor uses a lens to help project it and Gene had this appearing in her data feed even though she couldn't focus on it.

"She couldn't read the observing information floating at the edge of her field of view. Antimatter. Forcefield. Even if such words were lined up, for now, she had to record the image of light in front of her eye."

Yeah. Well the problem with "Forcefield" is it could like translate into "powerfield" or "energyfield".

Red tried to look imto it but we just thought "eh just leave it in for now".

An antimatter sword acting as a forcefield would be pretty tanky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back