• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.

So I asked Shiro the other day but he either didn't bother to answer, didn't see it, or was busy. I did ask Red to try his hand on the Golden Eyes bit we talked about earlier. Not sure if this will be enough to attempt the CRT but we tried anyways. Here:

Original text:

õ║ïÕ«ƒÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü«Òü┐Þ┐░Òü╣ÒéïÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒüôÒü«þ×│ÒéƵ£ëÒüùÒüƒÞÇàÒü«ÕñÜÒüÅÒü»ÒÇüÕñºÕ×ïÒü«µ®ƒÚûóÒü½µÄÑþÂÜÒüòÒéîÒüƒÕñºÞ¿êþ«ùµ®ƒÒü½ÒééÕî╣µòÁÒüÖÒéïÞÂàõ║║þÜäÒü¬µâàÕá▒ÕçªþÉåÞâ¢ÕèøÒéÆÕ¥ùÒéïÒÇéÚüÄÕÄ╗Òü½Òééµò░Õ║ªÒÇüÚ╗äÚçæþ×│Òü«µîüÒüíõ©╗ÒüîÕñºµ®ƒÚûóþ┤ÜÒü«µ®ƒÚû󵮃µó░Òü½µÄÑþÂÜÒüùÒÇüÞå¿ÕñºÒü¬µò░Õ╝ÅÒéÆþ×¼µÖéÒü½ÞºúÒüìÒÇüÞÁÀÕïòÒü½Õ╣¥þÖ¥Õ╣┤ÒéƵ£ëÒüÖÒéïÒü¿ÒüòÒéîÒüƒÞÂàÕñºÒü¬þó®Õ¡ªµ®ƒµó░ÒéÆÞÁÀÕïòÒüòÒüøÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü½µêÉÕèƒÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

Redgrave's Translation:

As a matter of fact, many of those who have the golden eye gained the ability to process information on a superhuman level comparable to a large computer connected to a large engine. In the past there were instances where a person possessing the golden eye was capable of starting up a super large learning machine that needed a 100 years to start up instantly.

And just for shitz and giggles, this is gaggles (Google) TL's result:

To put it only as a fact, many of those who have this pupil gain superhuman information processing capabilities comparable to a large computer connected to a large engine. Several times in the past, the golden-eyed owner was connected to a large-scale engine machine, and he succeeded in starting a super-large learning machine that was supposed to have hundreds of years of startup, solving a huge number of mathematical formulas instantly.

Hmm, Red's translation misses the part about solving a huge number of math formulas instantly, also what happened to golden eye users being able to accept all thoughts? Don't see it here.

Ah part of it he was using Gaggle as a rough base and tried to see how to make it out from there. Probably got lost or something.

That line? Oh I just take it out cuz I kinda already know it. Though you need to know what it looks like, it's this line(s) here:

ÒüôÒü«þ×│Òü»Õ╣¥ÕñÜÒü«õ╝ØÞ¬¼ÒéƵ£ëÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé ÒÇÇ

ÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒéÆÞªïµè£ÒüÅÒüºÒüéÒéïÒü¿ÒüïÒÇüÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü«µâ│ÒüäÒéÆÕÅùÒü浡óÒéüÒéïÒüºÒüéÒéïÒü¿ÒüïÒÇé

Edit: Red posted me on Discord the missing part, though I also wish to check this out with Shiro or ALRF if it were possible. Presumably this might what it could be trying to tell us:

"As a matter of fact, many of those who have the golden eye gained the ability to process information on a superhuman level comparable to a large computer connected to a large engine. In the past there were instances where a person possessing the golden eye was capable of solving a huge number of mathematical formulas and starting up a super large learning machine that needed a 100 years to start up instantly."

Probably still not the most accurate but this is about as close we can get.

Cool i guess we just need to sort it out a bit like adding the mention of math and seeing everything, then we can give a CRT for extraordinary genius and telepathy a go.

You know the fact that M is obsessed with the golden eye sort of puts a damper of the chances of him being an extraordinary genius.

Yup.

I also remember reading the Sharnoth WN that he felt a weird sensation of the Golden Eye of Mary's. Guess that thing about him being obsessed with it is pretty literal lol. Though it could just be cuz of Mary.

Speaking of Golden Eyes, I should do a check like this based on what we know of them so far from what I found since the other night.

Golden Eyes:

• Remnants/Pieces of AZTT (Queen of the Outer Gods)
  • Can appear in various people, was originally thought of as being a hereditary thing until it started to show up on many others
  • Possess many legends surrounding it, most common is being able to see everything and accept all thoughts (According to Rough Guide, Valusia Official Blog, whatever other mats that mention them if they still exist/have existed, etc.)
  • Grants the user superhuman level information processing (like solving many math formulas instantly)
  • Many people, including The M, sought out for them because of how valuble they are.
...Think I'm missing a fact or two/

Probably just a literal obsession with the eye and not Mary, M doesn't seem to feel much of anything for ppl.

Speaking of Mary, don't remember if it was ever said how Mary feels about M, certainly something there don't know if it's love though.

Their relationship is very strange compared to the others, Lily and A, Ati and Gii, Tesla and Neon, they are all couples, but M and Mary seems like a very platonic relationship.

I guess in those other cases it involved humans and not gods, though still don't know what A is.

A as in what and who he is, or as in what his relationship with Lily is like?

If latter, the most I remember with that portion is his and Lily's relationship is similar to that of M's and AZTT's relationship (A being her "Knight", Lily being his "Queen"). Though IDK exactly how similar that is considering there's CG art of them having sex down the line somewhere, and iirc from that Chinese playthrough of Sona Nyl, they did this RIGHT before they went to Trevor Tower (the skyscraper in underground NY that Lily needs to go to + where Edison personally encounters her at).

As for who and what he is, it's a bit hard to make out. At the very least, he's a remnant of Alan who was Elysia's tutor back before the NY event as well as her lover. He's also the guy who gifted Elysia the toys that would eventually come to life as Critters Lumberjack, Antlion, and Scarecrow. Although why I say its a bit hard to make him out is he's apparently SUPPOSED to be Alan...but IDK how true that really is. Another fact that I can say about A is he's born from the chaos between The M and Edison...whatever that means.

His identity in Sona Nyl is one of the many things I want to learn about tbqh.

I was referring to what he is. I know he has some relation to Edison, but besides that, i know nothing.

Heard he was an avatar of Edison or something like that which would be weird since both M and Edison are supposedly avatars of Nyarlothep.

Guessing the stuff about M and Edison being avatars of Nyarlothep comes from that Sharnoth fandisk, just like both of them having the same powers.

Ah. In that case, that's...sorta what I can gather and what I heard. Which is what I wanna know about in Sona Nyl if it helps me understand WTF is he like you asked.

An avatar made out of two Avatars of a God...Avatarception.

Just went to go check up Celaphis(?) of Darkness on Sakurai's Doujin Blog. Turns out she (I assume she's the one who posted Celaphis) made a summary describing Celaphis with that of Karsheel.

Òé╣ÒâüÒâ╝ÒâáÒâæÒâ│Òé»ÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║Òü«ÒâÉÒââÒâëÒé¿Òâ│ÒâëÚøåÕÉêõ¢ôÒüî『þü░þç╝Òü«Òé½Òâ½ÒéÀÒéºÒâ╝Òâ½』Òü¿ÒüÖÒéîÒü░ÒÇü Òé╗Òâ¼ÒâòÒéíÒéñÒé╣Òü»Ú╗Öþñ║Òü«µ×£Òüª´╝êÒé¿ÒéñÒé©Òâ╗Òé¬ÒâûÒâ╗ÒéóÒâØÒé½Òâ¬ÒâùÒé╣)Òü½õ╗ûÒü¬ÒéèÒü¥ÒüøÒéôÒÇé

Basically she says that if Kaijin no Karsheel is the aggregation/assembly of the main Steampunk games bad ends, Celaphis is nothing but the end of Revelation (Age of Apocalypse).

So that answers the question of what Kaijin is the result of.

I also learned that Celaphis's version of Machina (Narrator and MC of Celaphis, so to speak) was adopted by that world's Golden King and his creation was done by Adam Weissphat (One of the Society's Three Wiseman iirc) using 33 pieces of data/information based on Tesla. Which may explain him being able to use Lightning just like him. Though how TF he uses Steam power that can warp reality (details of that are unknown since it was briefly brought up once, sadly) is beyond me lol. That and by Trex's words from the first talk thread here, Celaphis!Machina ends up being a pain in the ass to the WIC in the main series verse, especially Golden King's.

End of Revelation? Not sure what that means.

Celaphis is like a what if right? Like Kaijin, takes place in a parallel universe?

Tesla's lightning can interact with intangible things and turn them tangible so his powers aren't exactly conventional either.

I might have to check the meaning again but since it's put right before age of apocalypse, I'm guessing it's related to the end times.

Yup. Things like Tesla dying way early (like 1866 early?), Golden King becoming good and enemy of the Society, Leo replacing GK and becoming evil, a bunch of stuff that's different from the main series verse.

Probably. It did put steam and lightning in the same sentence so somehow Machina managed to do something Tesla hasn't shown to do afaik.

It's also where Gii's real name might be Georgious since the guy that's part of that WIC is said to be from Kadath and is a Cracking user that's accompanied by a black cat named "Ati". Lily was also said to show up here in a flying Subway to tell GK something but her overall role there is unknown according to the blog.

>bad end of steampunk

> Thinks of all the questionable things called bad end

Another thing, Celaphis also states that Golden King's true form is like a crustacean shell. If you remember how Ulthrathotep looks, that's essentially what his true form looks...or likely looks like.

That fits align with how old that frick is and how Shining Night calls the Bell of Gahkthun as the Bell of Yith, and also explains why Golden King took up such a form when he and Tesla fight.

Yet again another found on Valusia's official blog that I didn't bother to check through all. Not really much but one I found curiously enough which is on Kadath.

I got two of them, one just on Kadath as a whole and another on the "Unknown World" part of it where Celeneria and Valusia takes place in.

On one it tells me that its about 4 times that of Earth's size, while the other tells me Kadath is estimated to be 5 times or more/more than 5 times Earth's size. Although the rough guide tells me that its just "several times that of earth", I guess that just gives us a really rough estimate of how big Kadath is even if it's just estimates. Meaning it could still be bigger if by a little more much but who knows.

Òé½ÒâÇÒé╣ÒÇÇ(Kadath)

ÒÇÇÒâ┤ÒéíÒâ½Òâ╝ÒéÀÒéóÒü«Õ£¿Òéïþáéµ╝áÕ£░Õ©»Òü¿ÕñºÚÖ©ÒéÆÕåàÕîàÒüÖÒéïÒÇüÕ║âÕñºÒü¬õ©ûþòî´╝êµâæµÿƒ)ÒÇé ÒÇÇÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣Õ£░µû╣ÒÇüÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÒÇîÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣ÒÇìÒü¿Òü«Òü┐þº░ÒüòÒéîÒéïÒÇéÒüèÒéêÒüØ´╝Æ´╝É´╝É´╝ÉÕ╣┤ÕëìÒü¥ÒüºÒü»ÒüØÒü«Õà¿Õ£ƒÒü½ÚØÆÒüäþ®║Òü¿µÁÀÒü¿ÒüîÕ║âÒüîÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒüîÒÇüþÅ¥Õ£¿ÒüºÒü»ÒÇüõ©ûþòîÒü»ÒüÁÒüƒÒüñÒü½ÕêåÒüïÒüƒÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé ÒÇÇÒüÖÒü¬ÒéÅÒüíþü░Þë▓Òü«ÒÇîÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣µûçµÿÄÕ£ÅÒÇìÒü¿ÚØÆÞë▓Òü«ÒÇîÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣ÕñºÞ¥║ÕóâÒÇìÒü½ÒÇüÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇé ÒÇÇÒâ┤ÒéíÒâ½Òâ╝ÒéÀÒéóÒü»ÒüôÒü«ÒüåÒüíÒÇîÕñºÞ¥║ÕóâÒÇìÚâ¿ÕêåÒü«ÚüÖÒüïÕìùµû╣ÒÇüþáéµ╝áÕñºÚÖ©Òü«õ©¡Õñ«Úâ¿Òü½õ¢ìþ¢«ÒüÖÒéïÒÇé ÒÇÇÒü¬ÒüèÒÇüÞÑ┐õ║¿Òü«õ©ÇÚâ¿Õø¢Õ«ÂÒü«þó®Õ¡ªµ®ƒÚûóÒüºÒü»ÒÇüÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣Òü«µâæµÿƒÞªÅµ¿íÒü»ÞÑ┐õ║¿´╝êÕ£░þÉâ)Òü«ÒüèÒéêÒüØ´╝òÕÇìõ╗Ñõ©èÒüºÒüéÒéïÒü¿µÄ¿µ©¼ÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

ÒÇÇÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣ÕñºÞ¥║Õóâ´╝ŵ£¬þƒÑõ©ûþòîÒÇÇ(Kadath Great Frontier/Unknown World)

ÒÇÇÒâ┤ÒéíÒâ½Òâ╝ÒéÀÒéóÒü«Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïõ©ûþòîÒÇéÚØÆþ®║Òü½ÕààÒüíÒüƒÒÇüÕñ¬ÚÖ¢Òü¿µÿƒÒÇàÒü«õ©ûþòîÒÇé ÒÇÇþ®║ÒééµÁÀÒééµ®ƒÚûóµÄÆþàÖÒü½µ▒ܵƒôÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüèÒéëÒüÜÒÇüµ©àµÁäÒü¬Þç¬þäÂÒüîµ║ÇÒüíÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé ÒÇǵ░©õ╣àõ¢Äµ░ùÕ£ºÒüôÒü¿µ░©ÚüáÒü«Ú╗ÆÚø▓Òü«ÕúüÒüºÒüéÒéï《õ©ûþòîÒü«µ░┤µ«╗》Òü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÒÇüÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣µûçµÿÄÕ£ÅÒéäÞÑ┐õ║½Òü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüƒµûçµÿÄÕ£ÅÒü¿Òü»õ║ÆÒüäÒü½ÚÜöþÁÂÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé ÒÇÇÒüôÒü«ÚØÆÒü«õ©ûþòîÒüîÕà¼Òü½µûçµÿÄÕ£ÅÒü¿Òü«µ£¼µá╝þÜäÒü¬õ║ñµÁüÒéƵîüÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇüÕîùÕñ«µ¡┤´╝Æ´╝Æ´╝É´╝ùÕ╣┤ÒÇüÞÑ┐µÜªÒü½ÒüùÒüª´╝æ´╝Ö´╝É´╝öÕ╣┤Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇéõ©ûþòîÒéÆÚÜöÒüªÒéï《õ©ûþòîÒü«µ░┤µ«╗》Òü»µÂêÒüêÒüÜÒü¿ÒééÒÇüÕâàÒüïÒü¬ÒüîÒéëõ║ñµÁüÒüÖÒéïµû╣µ│òÒéÆþò░ÚéªÕêùÕ╝ÀÒüîÞªïÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇé ÒÇÇÕîùÕñ«µ¡┤´╝Æ´╝Æ´╝É´╝ûÕ╣┤Òü«Õ©ØÕø¢þ®║Þ╗ìþ¼¼´╝ôÕƒ║Õ╣╣ÞëªÚÜèÒü«Õ«ƒÕ£░Þ¬┐µƒ╗Òü½Õƒ║ÒüÑÒüäÒüƒµÄ¿µ©¼Òü½ÒéêÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÚØóþ®ìÒü»ÞÑ┐õ║½´╝êÕ£░þÉâ)Òü«ÒüèÒéêÒüØ´╝öÕÇìÒüïÒÇüÒüØÒéîõ╗Ñõ©èÒÇé ÒÇÇ´╝ôÒüñÒü«ÕñºÚÖ©Òüîþó║Þ¬ìÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüîÒÇüÒüØÒéîõ╗Ñõ©èÒü«µò░Òü«ÕñºÚÖ©Òüîµ£¬ÒüáÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒÇé ÒÇÇþò░ÚéªÒü½ÒüèÒüæÒéïÕæ╝þº░Òü»ÒÇîÒé½ÒâÇÒé╣ÒÇìÒééÒüùÒüÅÒü»ÒÇîµ£¬þƒÑõ©ûþòîÒÇìÒüáÒüîÒÇüÒâ┤ÒéíÒâ½Òâ╝ÒéÀÒéóÒüºÒü»þö¿ÒüäÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Either one, still a dang big planet.

Wondering when we'll have someone who can threaten it or get a statement about having the power to blow it up lol.

Closest we got so far for Earth is Wrath King and that large formula...bomb ish eradicator thing in Celaphis. Though both are untranslated (and the latter technically also blew up/destroyed Kadath too...need to read its summary over again later). The WK part I mentioned, I said him here in the context that as a star buster, blowing up earth shouldn't be a diff task. Not sure if that's something they were also stated to do (be weird if SN didn't) or at least one they don't intend to do (shrugs).

Indeed there is. A theme that's part of the series on top of it having some of its characters based on IRL people (Hilde Rome d'Arc/Joan of Arc, Gentleman Leo/Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Mary Clarissa, Charles Leclerc (better known as Machine Lord of the WIC), etc.) and those that are normally fictional but likely exists in this series such as Golden King (one of his names amongst many being Christian Rosenkreuz(?))

Sadly the one thing that isn't explored much to my findings is the rest of the OG's not being shown or even mentioned vaguely anywhere (and if they are, chances could be they're named in materials we have no way of getting outside of Japan assuming it still exists). Nyar's the one you mainly see/hear about, while those like AZZT/Azathoth and Yog are...well not really mentioned but they're related to another Avatar of Nyar who is essentially the series big bad.

On Karsheel, the book is giving me a lot of vibes for what it is.

Two survivors walking from city to city, trying to find a place that can still gives birth to life while securing resources like clothes and food and, if possible, try and find anymore survivors and survive against cybernetic zombies.

Reminds me of the movie The Road or the The Last of Us game aside from the fact there is known survivors in those games while here it's just straight hell.

Making another update.

After two weeks, I finally got to about half of chp2 and will be getting into the Ares fight. And from how long it is and the last image, it looks like this will be a harder fight for Kyrie compared to Diane.

Speaking of Kyrie, I just realized he's like a Steampunk version of Rudol von Stroheim. Namely the fact both are cyborgs, have a machine gun, and also a laser weapon for them to use to blast their enemies with lol.

Hopefully we can do some cyborg fights with Kyrie once I get his stats cleared up by the end of the book

So what's your impression of our male MC as a cyborg?

I asked Red this and he was expecting one to be an MC given the whole setting with its steampunk engines and all. Though he was more surprised about the "becoming a cyber zombie" thing.

A, for what's known about him only in Sona Nyl, pretty much fights like Nightingale with the whole Critter summon thing. But that's only in ability. I know jack about his stats.

Gii gives stand user vibes and Tesla's a lightning and mech user (an interesting combo if I've seen one, and in a steampunk setting at that).

Yea i am surprised it took this long for an mc who is a cyborg to show up, being steampunk and all.

All the mc's so far have distinct forms of combat, Gii is basically a stand user, Tesla is lightning user, Mary uses swords.

I like the differences.

Speaking of Mary, think i am just gonna make that upgrade thread for her now.

Aye. And against the kinds of enemies Kyrie fights, it's as bizarre as the enemies Gii and A fight.

Kyrie should be getting more uses of his style though I feel as though that'll be related to the Clock Pillars and "debris" that comes off from it.

Same.

Ah alrighty

Kek it is. Babbage, Tesla, Thoth (supposedly by even some of the high ranked members of the Society), Edison, Leo.

Bunch of Great Scholar level intellects here.

well its steampunk so its likely a lot of ppl are geniuses due to inventions and all that...M is likely on their level tbh and maybe obessesed with the golden eye because there could be far more to it. Didn't lily achieved the true gold in sona? That can explain why its sought so much

Lily has the golden eyes too? Only thing i know is she has a form called the Rose Witch and some sorta 2-A hax.

But yea if the golden eyes allow for that kind of power, i can see why M is obsessed with it.

Lily's "Gold" is different from what the Gold we more or less know so far. Normally when we think of Gold, it has to do with the Golden Eyes or pieces of AZTT that many others, including M himself, are after (or that's me who thinks of that when Gold is brought up in this series...)

According to some people who has read Sona Nyl on their own WAB forum, the Gold of Lily is describe as this:

"Lily's gold lies in that she prolongs meanings, she provides meanings, she has meanings, and she forgives.

The poetry of the fading memories of New York will continue to be told as long as she lives.

She forgave Tesla of his failure and provided him the light that let him fight on again. Starting as a mere fragment of the codes that composed the Underground, she attained self realization and became an independent, self autonomous Cracking Being.

This is Lily's gold. Even the <Golden King> cannot steal it from her like he did to his victims."

She also can ofc use her Rose Witch form to make A's Critter weapons to a gold form (IDK if this effects their potency or not. They probably do but as far as CG's are shown, they do change in color and somewhat shape ish) so there's that.

Maybe?? The person who made that comment above said this right before it.

"The power of gold is not defined by what it can do, but its conceptual worth.

What is to be revered, what is noble, what exhibits the shining light, what is unparalleled are said to be the power of gold."

They also answered something in relation to reality warping with Gold, which Cracking, being that it's also running off of Edison's power, is far more convenient to use than something like Lily's.

(In all honesty, I'd probably use Cracking too if I had to get some kind of RW ability. Even if it's a minor form of it)

Yea sounds like some sort of concept hax.

It's not 1 thing but anything which has specific qualities such as being noble.

Sounds conceptual indeed.

Hard to really tell on that when I read the part of Lily meeting Tesla in the time prison he was in.

Tesla in emotional wreck, Lily talking to him about this resolve, Lily goes Rose Witch form and forgave him and all, and she more than likely used her power to get Tesla out of Edison's Time Prison.

All I legit remember reading fragments out of the WN xD

Well we'll see when sona-nyl is out guess.

Btw already posted above, the link to the thread for the upgrades for ppl with the golden eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back