• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's possible to do that.

I'm just thinking here on how Thanatos physics killing will work when I get to chp4. Atwiki calls it as being able to destroy any physical laws but I wonder if it's passive as heck by its mere presence.

Upgraded Moran and M.

Thanatos>kills physics, makes sense. Lives up to the Thanatos name, being a death god and all.

Ah.

I'm kinda curious what the other DM's would have been like, especially if all are named after Greek Gods. Like what a DM could do or be if it was named after another like Hades or Zeus.

But it's a pretty short book so there's not a lot to bring in. I would think Thanatos and Kyrie are the most hyped to have out of Karsheel though.

So again relooked at some scans and found that M is a natural science scholar, so this couple with the fact he can use the Equation, makes him a genius, he is obviously the one who created it.

µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║Òü»ÒüéÒéïþ¿«Òü«þë®þÉåµ│òÕëçÒü½Òü»ÕÀªÕÅ│ÒüòÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬Þ│¬ÚçÅ´╝ƒ

ÚüïÕïòÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝´╝ƒ

ÒüØÒéîÒüîÒü®ÒüåÒüùÒüƒÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒü«ÒüïÒÇéÒüïÒüñÒüªÒü«õ©ûþòîÒÇüÒüôÒü«µâæµÿƒÒéÆþÜ«ÚàìÒüùÒüªÒüƒÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïµ│òÕëçÒü¬Òü®ÒÇüµ£Çµù®ÒÇüõ¢òÒü«µäÅÕæ│ÒüîÒüéÒéìÒüåÒÇéÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÒü¬ÒüäÒü«ÒüáÒÇéÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïÒééÒü«Òü½ÒÇüµäÅÕæ│Òü¬Òü®ÒÇüÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

µäÅÕæ│Òü¬Òü®Òü¬ÒüäÒÇé

ÒüØÒéîÒü»ÒÇüÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü«µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒüîÕ░èÒüÂ《õ¢òÒüï》Òü«ÕæèÒüÆÒüƒÞ¿ÇÞæëÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

ÒüØÒéîÒü»ÒÇüÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü«µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║Òü½Õà▒ÚÇÜÒüùÒüªÕ¡ÿÕ£ºÒüÖÒéïÕæ¢ÚíîÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

If this is anything to go by, Dead Machine were granted the ability to ignore/resist some laws of physics by "something". Which the "something" could likely be Edison. Can't think of whoever or wahtever else could have given them it. Though it really gives off as "something" so it's also kinda vague too.

THEN AGAIN......considering he more than likely, once more, created the DM"s for the purpose of killing off the rest that survived, it wouldn't be farfetched for him to have given them such ability too......

Straight up, there is about two and a half pages worth that talks about the Dead Machine right as I'm ending the fight of Kyrie and Ares lol.

Edit:

ÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïµö╗µÆâÒü»µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║Òü«Þúàþö▓ÒéÆÚÇÜÒüòÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéµ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒéÆþ®┐ÒüñÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒü«Òü»ÒÇüþë®þÉåÒü¬ÒéëÒü¼õ¢£þö¿Òü«Òü┐ÒüºÒÇüÞ¿ÇÒéÅÒü░ÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïõ║ïÞ▒íÒü¿þÅ¥Þ▒íÒéƵ¡¬Òü¥ÒüøÒéïÕèøÒü«Òü┐ÒüºÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒéÆÞíîÒüêÒéïÒééÒü«Òü¬Òü®Õ£ºÒéïÒü»ÒüÜÒüîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÒüØÒéîÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒü¿ÒüÖÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒüƒÒü¿ÒüêÒü░ÒÇüþÑ×ÒüÅÒéëÒüäÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

OOOF.

ÚüÖÒüïÕ¢╝µû╣ÒÇüµÜùÚ╗ÆÒü«µ×£ÒüªÒÇüþ¬«µÑÁÒü«µÀ▒µÀÁÒü«õ©¡Õñ«Òü«þÄëÕ║ºÒü«ÕéìÒéëÒüºÕ¥«þ¼æÒéÇ《õ¢òÒüï》Òü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÒÇüµêæÒÇàÒüáÒüæÒüîÕ«êÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü«ÒüáÒÇé

Oh yeah, this line here tells me that it is, in fact, Edison who has granted them (the Dead Machine) protection against the laws of physics. Edison has a throne of his own and he's normally shown smiling during his brief on-screen time in Sona Nyl while watching Lily and Elysia's journey in their respective New Yorks.

Edit: Again, Edison ISN'T directly named but only referred to as "something" or 《õ¢òÒüï》. But it has to be him that makes them such monsters in this book.

Was just pointing out how evil Edison is, he obviously takes pleasure in ppl's suffering, M doesn't care about anything besides the Golden Eyes and AZZT.

But yea it's obviously Edison, and now that you mention both Edison and M have thrones. Must be a Nyarlothep thing.

I forgot though is Edison the king of something like M?

Oh yeah, there is that.

They do. M has one as we're shown in Sharnoth. And Edison, like I said, is shown quite a lot on his own in Sona Nyl. And maybe lol.

Yup. His other alias, as Fab or Trex have said in the first WAB thread and what Atwiki calls him, is stuff like Tick Tock Man, Moon King (which is one of many contrasts with him and M, M's being "Black King"), Clockwork God, and some public names he has like King of Science/Science King/Scholar King/King of Scholars (it has the Kanji(s) for great scholar in it so I have no clue WTF to even call him there) and King of Inventions.

So yeah, one of Sakurai's chars to have many names like that.

Edit: Actually it seems to be just Mad Space Time, not king. Although that has a nice ring to it, in a bad way ofc.

Clockwork God, clocks seem to be heavily related to him, makes sense since clocks tell time and he controls space-time.

If M is a conceptual existence that is darkness, is Edison a conceptual being that is space-time i wonder? Both are supposedly avatars of Nyarlthep and have the same powers so i would assume he also is darkness, Edison seems heavily focused on time and not darkness though.

Wait was Edison an avatar of Nyarlothep before he ate all of space-time?

Yeah.

I guess so, but idk if him eating Yog gave him that or just total authority over space-time. It seems more like the latter than former, but if it truly did, it can be control over + AE Type 1 or something.

Don't...know? That seems like something Fab, Trex, or whoever can answer that. The only thing can be said is Edison just ate Yog at some unknown point.

So I'm guessing Edison granting the Dead Machines resistance to the laws of physics (at least towards some? Gonna have to try and roughly TL it tonight on that) counts as a power of Power Bestowal or some variation of it?

Õà¿ÚòÀÒü»ÒüèÒéêÒüØõ║îÕìüÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÕà¡ÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)þ¿ïÕ║ªÒÇé

Its total length was about 20 feet (6 meters).

Õ£░ÚØóÒüïÒéëÚá¡ÚáéÚâ¿Òü¥ÒüºÒü«Õà¿Ú½ÿÒüºÞ¿ÇÒüêÒü░ÒÇüÕìüõ║öÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÕøø. õ║öÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)þ¿ïÕ║ªÒüáÒéìÒüåÒüïÒÇé

In terms of its total height from the ground to the top of the head, it was about 15 feet (4.5 meters).

Ú╗ÆÒüÜÒéôÒüáÚï╝ÚëäÒüºµºïµêÉÒüòÒéîÒüƒõ¢ôÞ╗ÇÒü»õ║║Õ×ïÒüïÒéëÕñºÒüìÒüÅÒüïÒüæÚøóÒéîÒüªÒüäÒüªÒÇüÒéäÒü»ÒéèÒÇüÞ£ÿÞøøÒéƵâ│ÞÁÀÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇéÒüïÒüñÒüªõ©ûþòîÒü½Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüƒÕñ®þäÂÞç¬þäÂÒü«Þ£ÿÞøøÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüäÒÇéþò░Õ¢óÒü«Þ£ÿÞøøÒÇéÒü¡ÒüÿÒéîÒüªÒÇüµ¡¬ÒéôÒüºÒÇüÒü▓Òü®Òüŵ鬵äÅÒüÿÒü┐ÒüƒµäÅÕø│ÒüºÞ¿¡Þ¿êÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒéêÒüåÒü½µÇØÒüêÒüªÒü¬ÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéþäíµò░Òü«µúÿÒüîþ¬üÒüìÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÕཱུ£¼Òü«µ®ƒµó░ÞäÜÒü»þì▓þë®ÒéÆÕÅ®Òüìµ¢░ÒüÖÒü«Òü½Úâ¿ÕÉêÒüîÞë»ÒüòÒüØÒüåÒüºÒÇüÞäÜÒü«õ╗ÿÒüæµá╣Òü½ÒüíÒéçÒüôÒéôÒü¿Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïµ»öÞ╝âþÜäÕ░ÅÒüòÒü¬Þâ┤õ¢ôÚâ¿ÔöÇÔöÇÒüØÒéîÒüºÒééõ©ëÒâòÒéúÒâ╝Òâê´╝êþ┤äÒÇç. õ╣ØÒâíÒâ╝ÒâêÒâ½)Òü╗Òü®Òü»ÒüéÒéïÔöÇÔöÇÒü«õ©¡Õñ«Úâ¿Òü½Òü»ÒÇüÒéäÒü»ÒéèÒüôÒéîÒééµ»öþÄçÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü»Õ░ÅÒüòÒü¬ÒÇüÒüæÒéîÒü®õ║║ÚûôÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒéêÒéèÒééÒüïÒü¬ÒéèÕñºÒüìÒü¬Úá¡Úâ¿ÒÇé

The body that was composed of darkened steel was far from the human form and reminded her again of a spider. It was not a natural spider existence that once existed in the world. A monstrous spider. It didn't seem to be designed with distorted, twisted, malicious intentions. Eight mechanical legs with countless thorns protruding seemed suitable for crushing its prey, and a relatively small body present at the base of the legsÔöÇÔöÇeven still it was 3 feet (0.9 meters)ÔöÇÔöÇat its center likewise was of small proportions but the head was much larger than humans.

———-

µ¡¬ÒéôÒüáÞªûþòîÒéÆÕƒïÒü«Õ░¢ÒüÅÒüÖÒÇüÕàëÒÇéþÖ¢Þë▓Òü«ÕàëÒÇé

þ┤öþÖ¢Þë▓Òü«Òé»Òâ®ÒââÒé¡Òâ│Òé░ÕàëÒÇéõ║ïÞ▒íÒü¿þÅ¥µ¡¬ÒéÆÕö»Òü¥ÒüøÒéïõ©ÇÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüîÒÇüµ░©ÚüáÒü«ÕèáÞ¡ÀÒéÆþáòÒüÅÒÇé

þå▒ÒüäÒâèÒéñÒâòÒüºÒâÉÒé┐Òâ╝ÒéƵ║ÂÒüïÒüùÕêçÒéïÒéêÒéèÒééÒü¬ÒüèÕ«╣µÿôÒü½ÒÇüµÑÁÒéüÒüªÚ½ÿÕç║ÕèøÒü«þå▒Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝Òüîµ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║Òü«Úï╝ÚëäÒéÆþáòÒüÅÒÇéÒü░ÒéëÒü░ÒéëÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒÇüþ▓ëÒÇàÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒÇüÞÆ©µòúÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇé

ÒüØÒüùÒüªÔöÇÔöÇ

ÒüïÒüñÒüªõ║║ÚûôÒüºÒüéÒüúÒüƒµÇ¬þë®Òü»ÒÇüÕåìÒü│Òü«µ¡╗Òü«þ£áÒéèÒü½Õ░▒ÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

———-

Think I could get a good calc out of this one.

Destroying Ares? Although I just thought it might not work cuz of how weird it is.

Next best is just plain ol feats. I just know Kyrie just OHKO it after it tanked a Building collapsing on it.

Also in case you don't recognize this (Òé»Òâ®ÒââÒé¡Òâ│Òé░Õàë), turns out Kyrie's laser weapon uses cracking light...and apparently it's his OHKO weapon to taking out DM's despite their protection against physics.

That laser weapon is obviously his strongest ability, don't think he would normally scale to it.

Does he have any sort of feats without it?

Gene made it clear that using his laser weapon puts a burden on him. The machine gun one is okay, laser weapon is a no no but going by how Diane and Ares have tanked it or not really get affected much (at least in Ares case) likely due to lol FU physics, it can be considered his trump card.

Without it? IDK. There's a part where he broke off the legs of Ares when it was holding and breaking Gene (described by book as being strong enough to break a person entirely in one breath or some shit like that) with his mechanical left hand.

IDK, Kyrie's fighting style seems mostly reliant on his weapons like Cyborg from DC. Well at least for the latter he can also do some CQC stuff. Kyrie's only got a punch in so far.

Edit:

"Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÕñëþò░ÒüìÒüøÒüƒõ¢òÒüïÒü½ÒÇé

To something that mutated him."

Well that's just ******. Can't believe I miss this inbetween line. Seems Edison did even more to this world by turning Kyrie into what he is.

Back again, finally finished the (very rough) TL/"deciphered" the last parts of the Kyrie vs Ares's fight. Don't really want to bother posting in full other than getting back into the thing I mentioned earlier. Particularly these parts:

ÚûâÕàëÒü½Õêçµû¡ÒüòÒéîÒüªÒÇüÕ┤®ÒéîÒüªÒÇüÞÉ¢õ©ïÒüÖÒéïÒÇüÚ½ÿÕ▒ñÒâôÒâ½ÒâçÒéúÒâ│Òé░Òü«Õà¿ÚòÀµò░þÖ¥ÒâòÒéúÒâ╝ÒâêÒü½ÒééÕÅèÒüÂÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬Õ╗âÕóƒÒü«ÕíèÒüîÒÇüþò░Õ¢óÒü«Úï╝ÚëäÞ£ÿÞøøÒéƵè╝Òüùµ¢░ÒüÖÒÇé

Cut by a flash of light, the ruined mass of the high-rise building that was hundreds of feet tall collapses and fall, crushing the deformed steel spider.

Þ│¬ÚçŵÄøÒüæÒéïÒü¿ÒüôÒéìÒü«ÚǃÕ║ªÒü«õ║îõ╣ùÒÇéÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬Õ╗âÕóƒÒü«ÕíèÒÇüÕàëÕ¡ªÕàÁÕÖ¿Òü«þàºÕ░äÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªµû£ÒéüÒü½Õêçµû¡ÒüòÒéîÒüƒÚ½ÿÕ▒ñÒâôÒâ½ÒâçÒéúÒâ│Òé░Òü«õ©èÕìèÕêåÒü¬Òü®Òü¿ÒüäÒüåÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬Þ│¬ÚçÅÒü¿ÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÞÉ¢õ©ïÒü½õ╝┤ÒüåÚ®Üþò░þÜäÒü¬ÚüïÕïòÒé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒéÆÕÅùÒüæÒüªÒééÒÇüµ®ƒõ¢ôÒüîþáòÒüæÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü¬Òü®ÒüéÒéèÒüêÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÞÂ│Õá┤ÒüîµÅ║ÒéîÒüªÒéêÒéìÒéüÒüÅþ¿ïÕ║ªÒüºÒÇüÕàÀõ¢ôþÜäÒü¬µÉìÕéÀÒü¬Òü®õ©ÇÕêçÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Mass multiplied by speed. Even if it received a large mass of ruins, a large mass such as the upper half of a high-rise building that was cut diagonally by the light of an optical weapon and the astonishing kinetic energy that came with its fall, the machine body won't break. To the extent that the foundation wavered and shattered, there was no concrete damage at all.

µ¡╗õ║║ÒüòÒüêÕ▒áÒéïÒÇüÒâ¼Òâ╝ÒéÂÒâ╝þàºÕ░äþö¿Òâ¼Òâ│Òé║ÒüîÞÁ½þ£╝Òü«õ©ëÒéñÒâ│Òâü´╝êþ┤äÕìüÒé╗Òâ│Òâü)ÕàêÒü½ÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

The laser beam lens was three inches (10 cm) in front of the bright eye, which can kill even the dead being.

ÒÇîµ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒéóÒâ¼Òé╣ÒÇéµÆâþá┤ÒÇì

"Dead Machine Ares. Defeated"

Õú░ÒÇéÚûâÕàëÒÇé

A voice. A flash.

µ¡¬ÒéôÒüáÞªûþòîÒéÆÕƒïÒü«Õ░¢ÒüÅÒüÖÒÇüÕàëÒÇéþÖ¢Þë▓Òü«ÕàëÒÇé

Light filled the distorted gaze. A white light.

þ┤öþÖ¢Þë▓Òü«Òé»Òâ®ÒââÒé¡Òâ│Òé░ÕàëÒÇéõ║ïÞ▒íÒü¿þÅ¥Þ▒íÒéƵ¡¬Òü¥ÒüøÒéïÕö»õ©ÇÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüîÒÇüµ░©ÚüáÒü«ÕèáÞ¡ÀÒéÆþáòÒüÅÒÇé

Pure white cracking light. The only thing that distorts matter and phenomena, crushing the eternal divine protection.

þå▒ÒüäÒâèÒéñÒâòÒüºÒâÉÒé┐Òâ╝ÒéƵ║ÂÒüïÒüùÕêçÒéïÒéêÒéèÒééÒü¬ÒüèÕ«╣µÿôÒü½ÒÇüµÑÁÒéüÒüªÚ½ÿÕç║ÕèøÒü«þå▒Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝Òüîµ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║Òü«Úï╝ÚëäÒéÆþáòÒüÅÒÇéÒü░ÒéëÒü░ÒéëÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒÇüþ▓ëÒÇàÒü½ÒüùÒüªÒÇüÞÆ©µòúÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇé

Even easier than melting butter with a hot knife, the extremely high output of thermal energy breaks the steel of the Dead Machine. Scattering into small pieces and evaporated.

ÒüØÒüùÒüªÔöÇÔöÇ

AndÔöÇÔöÇ

ÒüïÒüñÒüªõ║║ÚûôÒüºÒüéÒüúÒüƒµÇ¬þë®Òü»ÒÇüÕåìÒü│Òü«µ¡╗Òü«þ£áÒéèÒü½Õ░▒ÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

What was once a human monster, sleeps in death again.

TL;DR of these stuff:

• Kyrie cuts a crumbling high rise building that was behind Ares with his optic weapon as shooting Ares himself would have killed Gene with him (it's noted that the power of his optic weapon is pretty powerful)
  • He escapes with Gene after Ares was distracted long enough for Kyrie to swoop in, shatter its legs holding Gene and get out of there, with the upper half of the building he cut crashing down on Ares
  • Apparently, once more, due to lol protection against physics like mass and kinetic energy, this doesn't really damage beings like Ares here at all.
  • Kyrie gets the drop on Ares again with his optics weapon, destroying him so bad there's pretty much no trace of it like what happened with Diane.
A lot to put out here, but...yeah lol ^^;

It was like 30% last update, so 5% a month, 65% to go.

At this rate we aren't getting Sona-Nyl till like the end of next year.

You know it's gonna be funny and awkward when people might want to search up Ares or Thanatos and they somehow end up upon KnK's version only to find some undead mechs with the names of Greek Gods instead lol.

Almost done with chp2. Hopefully tonight or, likely, tomorrow. Think around 3's progress I might make Diane and Ares.

And done~

Not really much for me to say other than some parts near the end fight and ending are...pretty something.

Doc is twice as long as the first chapter so a bit to read through if you ask me.

Anyways, enjoy the read~

So Edison destroyed 90% of life, then has the dead machines who he blesses with the laws of physics not working on them, kill any survivors then also gives power to Kyrie but the more he gets, the more machine he becomes.

And all this he is watching, cause he is always watching, so he clearly is just watching Kyrie struggling, waiting for him to completely become a machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back