• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I don't actually feel the need to rush since this is also more of a learning experience than anything...tho I deadass might attempt to try and make profiles out of it.

Might not tho but we'll see.

It does have some great AKIRA art that it's known for...I think. But has the noir look to it in B&W.

Look nice O3O Good luck on figures out the moon rune tho :v

I heard from EMC that Sakurai's japanese is easy to read among all the chuuni authors out there and may as well recommend the Steampunk series to any japanese beginner. So maybe the novel wont be that hard

>Easy to read among all chuuni authors

Really now~

Eh still have to learn to read Kanji and I technically skipped a level so I have to go the most basic one for rn lol. I also be posting all of the images the book has. Kinda hard to do it with both sweaty hands (to not leave sweat prints lol) and not wrinkle the book by holding it in place lol.

So been up for a while (at the time of this comment) and while yet another one of my pointless comments, I'm do this as a reference point for whenever there's the very slight possibility of getting more WAB titles...which won't be completed in like 10 yrs kek.

I've had this thought for a while on what the power ladder would be like for the series as a whole....well to be more correct, what it would look like BASED on what I've known to this point all through heresay, WAB browsing off wikia, sit downs on walkthroughs, and some assumptions to make for those who've yet to make a solid appearance/profile and...well whatever/whoever they are that I think they'd be set at.

Again probably worthless AF to say considering a lot is still untranslated but this will be more for my amusement. In no particular order I would make out here:

God Tiers:

• AZTT (Mainly on the idea that she's the Queen of the OG's and probably should be about here somewhere...I think)
  • Kthanid(?) (Queen of some series of Iridian Elder Gods whose mere acts of kindness alone can bust galaxies, and apparently hypes herself as AZTT's equal or something)
  • Lord Alva Edison (Equal to M without his buffs from Yog and Golden Eye/AZTT fragment, above M with them tho likely not the point of stomp)
  • The M (Destroyed an infinite series of stacked and multilayered universes that increases forever and are beyond time, space and causality. Can also warp and rewrite all worlds, infinite in size, that are as numerous as there are humans).
Top Tiers:

• Wrath King (Destroyed Stars in the past. Tesla needed to have a Radiance Buff of all the 100k students of Mariselle to defeat WK)
  • Horrors End (Continent size eldritch ish being that was gonna turn all of Kadath's surface into salt)
  • Althotas Thoth Hermes(?) (Technically should be a complete unknown still cuz of his mysteriousness, but he did stomp GK in the past and was praised by the latter in Gahkthun even after gaining his powerup in said story which might be indictive of how powerful he is...if Sakurai ever bothers to make him get a solid appearance and fight on-VN or something.)
  • The A(?) (Post Howler in the Dark, possibly will eventually be a God Tier if he grews to be a new Nyar overtime. Supposedly would stomp GK if they ever met.)
  • Nikola Tesla (End of Gahkthun and Full RADIANCE buff in Shining Knight, his fullpower in his fight against GK may count here as well)
  • Golden King (Can casually atomize an island with his glare, and likely much more with a Cracking Field that expands to the size of earth)
High Tiers:

• Grimm Grimm (Created the Kikai and Critters and is the strongest of them, also cut off Inganock completely and started to make it into a Giant due to Kerkan's wish iirc)
  • Fused Angel (From Underground NY. Combination of all Angels A and Lily encounter in their journey, and its power started to compress and drag New York down into the Underground NY)
  • Berta's Typhon and similar mechs like it (Their pure firepower makes up for the lack of hax I would assume?)
  • Dr. Gii w/Evolved Porshion (Moreso due to hax)
  • Kerkan w/Thoth (Same reason with Gii)
  • Mathers(?) (Survive his encounter with base GK and hold him off long enough for Neon to revive Tesla)
Mid Tiers:

• The A(?) (Pre-Howler In The Dark)
  • Mariselle Councel Members
  • Critters
  • Kikai
  • Meta Critters (possibly)
  • Messengers/Angels of Underground NY
  • Clock Crack Chrome (Mainly due to having fought plenty of Critters and Monsters during his activity as the Street Knight)
Low Tiers:

• Ati
  • Upper Tier Soilders of Inganock
  • Ruaha
  • Erich (Could end up higher due to his Colors Art)
Unknown Tiers (due to their VN's having no ENG TL for us to evalueate them):

• Everyone that would be relevant from:
    • Celeneria
    • Valusia (especially Machine Lord, Hilde and Leo)
    • Tyhhia (Iba Hachirou, Ryouma Sakamoto, etc.)
    • Karsheel
    • Ulthar (IF...it ever gets made according to Sakurai's future plans on their blog).
    • Starlight (Another upcoming VN of Sakurai but this one is just as unknown as Ulthar's)
    • This one anime project Sakurai was working on but hasn't said anything since 2017 on the last update
    • Anything else that's left to work up in the far future.
1st Benchmark for (useless) power ladder guessing~

Shouldnt A stronger than Golden King ? I remember peoples on Animesuki said A would stomp GK if they ever met, but not sure about this tho.

I've heard about that from Red one time and saw Trex mention it on a GK thread on Animevice once...and that too.

Thing is, IDK when that happened so it's an unknown for me (that and I forgot lol). Though if it was A when he got his Howler in the Dark, I can see him being in the Top Tiers.

i think thoth should be above GK at least and dat goddess of kindness GG

Well the listing is kind of in no particular order in some areas but I agree lol.

I did forgot to put the Outer Gods in but....tbh there's just nothing we really know about them even if I do put them in Unknown. Chances are they're likely to be even stronger than Edison with his buffs but that same dood got freaking Yog. That tells me Edison, while not THE absolute God Tier, puts him up there with any future potential OG's...whenever and whoever next shows up or at least mentioned if Sakurai ever gets to it.

I forgot to add up Mushoku no Ulthar but I think it's pointless even for my current ladder for this verse only cuz we're not sure if what Sakurai posted about it being released in ENG will be true or not...well it does say that when put in Google TL but who knows. And...that's assuming the date on it as "2020/5/25" is true still and if it gets made and published.

Hmmm... what does Trex and Fab said about Outer Gods ? i mean their power or number of course. Still cant understand why Edison has the largest fragment of the supreme creator and still below the outer gods. =3=

And seeing how Kthanid (Cthulhu's benevolent counterpart) and Ultharathotep (Nyarlathotep's benevolent counterpart) are already in the story, high chance that Yad-Thaddag (Yog-sothoth's benevolent counterpart) will be featured in WAB series too. All 3 of them are the characters of Brian Lumley Cthulhu Expanded Universe, so it's gonna be weird if Yad doesnt show up while the other 2 already did

Edison and M are avatars of Nyarlathotep while Edison ate Yog-Sothoth. It's weird.

No idea what's the power relation between Edison and the Outer Gods.

Yeah it's pretty weird. That's why at best they'd be complete unknowns rn cuz the only ones who've shown up or has been mentioned in side materials are M, Edison, Yog, and AZTT.

Others like Shub-Niggurath or Abhoth or Cxaxukluth (Cthulhu Mythos) that are OG's have yet to get a mention or appearance.

We at least have other non Outer God chars like GK from the Great Race of Yith or Kthanid and Cthulhu of the Elder Gods and even Dagon but outside them and the above OG's, no one else is known to my knowledge.

Anyways my first power ladder guessing is pretty much like this but again, this is from my perspective and going off of everything from knowing the feats to hearsay and atwiki among others:

God Tiers: Pretty much anyone drastically far above Wrath King and full Radiance Boost Tesla from Shining Knight. Considering the known cap is from M himself and Edison w/o his buffs are included is equal to him via Sharnoth Fandisc, we have Multiversal+ God Tiers.

Top Tiers: I'd say GK from his base to up to Wrath King and Radiance Boost Tesla as told above.

High Tiers: Actually starts to get a little off here and there but it's anyone/anything with raw firepower (ex. Berta's Typhon), hax range and scale (ex. Grimm Grimm and the fused Angel), just pure hax (Gii w/Evolved Porshion and Kerkan with Thoth), and any other that'd make it in their own way like Mathers.

Mid Tiers: Just about anyone whose very notable still, mainly Critters and Kikai cuz of their hax and stuff like CCC and the Councel Members

Low Tiers: Wall levelers or anything stronger than a normal human like Upper Tier Solders...and Erich Zann.

Unknowns: Pretty much every other potential WAB char who we have about 0 knowledge of what to evaluate them on here as of this point and forward.

Also the Old Ones, we have no idea how powerful they are.

Tesla was merely cursed by the Thunderbird, who knows how powerful the actually Thunderbird was, it's superior to Tesla but otherwise who knows.

M the king of their race is Multiverse level+, while they have granted out Small Planet level power.

And the mysterious Thoth who is above GK, but who knows how powerful he truly is, there are a lot of unknowns here.

Oh I forgot the Old Ones too.

Well iirc Dagon in this series is one as well, and I think it has a feat of shaking some water city that Mary, Sebas, and M were in cuz it was being scared shitless by M's presence in the WN. Gonna have to look at it to see if it did anything noticable to the buildings but other than that, its unknown.

>Checks WN

Nope false alarm. Its said that Dagon began "shaking" but it was described as being quiet to the point no one in the city noticed it. The only thing it did was shake up the waters of the city and contaminating it with its....uhm....terror? Hard to describe it but it's bad enough for Mary when she came into contact that M had to succ it out of her himself...yeah.

It was Aug 9th when they showed Sona Nyl's progress in editing so it's about around that.

Guessing since it's only been that long that it hasn't gone up much higher. Still better than nothing.

Granted it's going to be super rough even with Redgrave's help but I'm giving this a try as I still learn Kanji (and revisiting Hiragana and Katakana).

The way I have in mind is I put both the original text and what I could find out of it together in pair so that way any Japanese reader or one who is native in it can know what's actually being read. It's a hassle even if I do one sentence at a time but...like I said, it's a learning experience.

I only managed to get the contents table so next is likely the books chronology and then later its glossary.

Nah really. It's one thing, but the other part is how freaking small the kanji and stuff is written. Most glaringly is the characters page for Kyrie and Genevieve(?).

Dem ***** is smol. Doesn't helped that the two characters don't have their own page, they're part of one and their textbox is compressed.

Finally got through with the chronology of Kaijin's timeline.

Granted tbqh I literally grabbed almost all the text from WAB's atwiki (only after having to search for those of the first 3 dates of the book before doing that). IDK how much I can "paraphrase" it so that it's not like theirs (will do that later) but even so...compared to what I read and what I know AFAIK from the main WAB timeline via rough guide or otherwise, this one in Kaijin is...really depressing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLxRtJl5reAdN1Yb9CmO8vj2DN_zKYflnNt3OBCVlls/edit?usp=sharing

^Link to there.

>All the cities in the world are destroyed at the same time. Ninety percent of the world's population is lost.

Edison!!!

Anyway this seems like a parallel world?

That's the impression I get. That or it's a What If world? Either one would work for me cuz IDK its canonical relation to the main WAB world.

I think for today that's all I'm gonna leave it at. Will do the glossary tomorrow but I want to have Red look over it later when he gets on to see if it's better or improve it in areas that would be of my own writing somewhat.

Really want to get on the Dead Machine/Cyberpunk Zombies tho. That one is the most interesting I want to try and dicipher about.

Considering the hearsay about Edison having screwed with the multiverse itself, i would assume this is a parallel universe.

Again, I can get behind either one but being a parallel universe wouldn't be off. I think Fukayami no Celephais ~What a Beautiful Apocalypsis~ is also one too, ain't it? Saw Trexalfa's comment in the first WAB talk thread.

Also I should note that unlike WAB's timeline (at least with the rough guide I have on my computer), there's no mention of Kadath's history anywhere at all...which I take that it was cuz Randolph didn't come back or something.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post up some pics I wanted to share with y'all when I got the book but forgot.

Genevieve and Kyrie
Gene and Kyrie, MC's of KnK

Machine Dead
Kyrie vs Dead Machine

Machine Dead Ares
Dead Machine Ares

Machine Dead Diane
Dead Machine Diane

Machine Dead Thanatos
Dead Machine Thanatos (Note: The artstyle of the book really makes him dark)

Sword of Cracking Light
"Sword of Cracking Light" OHKO'ing Thanatos

Dead machines are the critters of Karsheel i assume.

Interesting how almost every series has some new monster thing, except Gahthun which just reused critters.

Critters are still the scariest and most interesting so far imo, need to see the angels in Sona-Nyl to see if they stay on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back