• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you put something that was originally all JAP and written in vertical text, it can be like this lol.

I might do something for chaps 2 and 4 where I do multiple docs and just link the parts one after the other. I think what I did for 1 can pass and 3 will be the same since it's shorter than 1. But 2 and 4 will definitely have multiple docs instead of one large singular one.

It all depends, really.

Took Diane less than 10 seconds to destroy the room, so that's wall level since it wasn't instantaneous.

Kyrie gives off a Gii vibe and Dead Machines give off a Critter vibe.

Had the same thought there too. Funny thing about Kyrie is that he says more or less the same thing Gii said when he faces a Critter. The "Slow. Don't cry" line. Well granted the last part could also be said as "don't scream" or something but yea.

What'cha think so far of it? Oh and on the prologue too.

Diane being said that even if you avoid her arm swings you would still be yet by the pebbles or something like, mirrors critters, the parallels are definitely there.

Also Kyrie does indeed have a light speed attack.

I think it's good so far.

Yup, tho it and Atwiki doesn't say that the metal zombies don't have death manip. They're just dank strong and kill shit. In Dianes case, she's a type that can literally tank machine gun fire. Fact Kyrie needed to use a light based weapon to blow TF outta her/it is amusing to me kek.

Really looking forward to seeing the Ares and Thanatos fights. Especially Thanatos cuz that's where we get another David vs Goliath fight kek.

I think so too. It goes to show that just through this can Edison be a really nasty guy with how much of a hellhole he can make, whether its city sized like NYC or planetary like Kaijin's earth here.

To me Diane seemed to be doing some physics shenanigans instead of tanking the bullets, they slowed down and stopped before hitting her.

IDK, I kinda interpreted what I could make out of it as Diane just tanking it since even Kyrie wondered about it being an armored type DM, which leads me to that conclusion.

Although it slowing down and stopping before it could do any harm is another possibility.

I also like the idea that regardless of what happens, the land you want to settle in will be screwed when the DM that reigns over that land dies. You kill it, that land is straight up dead. Or if it dies by itself somehow, same result.

That and the fact that even something like vegetation life getting killed shows us that world is royally, again, f***ked.

Yea even microscopic life is screwed, the world is completely screwed, dead machines kill all life including animals and microbes, and if you kill them the land dies.

Either way it's gg.

Basically anything that's living is screwed.

When Edison said the end of civilization is on, he is not kidding. Sends in a clock that pierces the planet that sprouts out dozens of them, kills off the ocean and 90% of all life. If that didn't clear them off, he creates cybernectic zombies of various forms to finish it.

Far as I've seen from others, he drove Rypuma insane and that lead to him throwing a bit of history in Japan out of proportion.

Not much else I can say, though it sounds similar to what Edison did to another guy in Valusia that caused it to be in a dome for 1000 yrs (time traveling Edison, it seems? Or an aspect he got from absorbing Yog Sothoth?)

Yeah. Will have to recheck back the WN portion to make sure.

Also it seems like MG has been releasing or will be releasing several games lately. Hopefully this means they can spend more time on Sona Nyl...or it could be them spending more time on the other projects (Shrugs)

Doubt it will increase the editing speed, don't think sona-nyl is high among their priorities.

Sadly it doesn't have the popularity of something like fate or when they cry, it's a shame WAB is so underrated when it's so good.

Yeah it probably wouldn't increase either. They still have plenty more projects iirc.

For reals. Guess the Steampunk fantasy genre isn't as popular outside like that of those other series. A shame.

Maybe this is just me (and probably so), but I also think that the reason it's not also as popular is a lot of their extra content stuff (fandiscs, novels, etc.) are mainly in Japan and/or on their website so it's next to impossible if not outright so to get that outside of Japan.

Granted there's also the issue/problem of getting those TL'd but that might be way it's also not really accessible ish much. I mean some stuff you can get in Amazon from them is there but more of that is on JP Amazon whereas you only have like a couple of WAB stuff to buy on US Amazon and ofc there's the only available translations that you can get here.

IDK, just something I think could be why it's not a fairly popular series. I'm sure if Liar-soft or Sakurai and their doujin circle wasn't so exclusive or restrictive on their WAB content it'd probably raise up a tad bit or so. MAYBE, but...IDK.

If the main content was popular, the extra stuff wouldn't matter imo.

There would be more of an effort to translate the extra stuff if the main stuff was popular.

True point. I'd go with having the remaining main series TL'd if so we get the full "vanilla" package.

Especially having the likes of Leo, Hilde, Machine Lord, and even the Horrors/Abhorrors for more potential matchups.

Of all the series to get an official translation, gahkthun was first, now it's sona-nyl.

From what i heard inganock and sona-nyl are either most loved or most critically rated as being the best, yet they didn't start with inganock, wonder why? Doubt it has anything do with the fan translation.

Thinking they thought gahktun would appeal more to a western audience.

I have a suspicion for a while that maybe it did have to do with the fan TL's, and why Inganock or even Sharnoth hasn't gotten an official TL.

Oh yeah, it is. I've seen even Sakurai liking or even retweeting some Sona Nyl art from other people once in a (long while), and Sona Nyl DOES have a lot of content to it as do Gahkthun.

That could be a valid reason.

Idk if it's cause of fan translations, Maji Koi has a fan translation which has done both the original game, the sequel and fandisks yet it still got an official translation this summer.

Then again maji koi is very popular, so it will make money so probably why it was translated.

Speaking of fandisk, maji koi is the only vn i have read which actually has translations for their fandisk although there hasn't been an update in years and like 4 more need to be translated.

I am not sure if we will ever get a fandisk for WAB translated.

I also apparently have a friend that's curious about WAB, mainly cuz I kept talking about it.

Not sure what would be the best VN to start them off with other than Inganock lol.

Inganock obviously, Sharnoth would be a bad idea, Gahkthun is probably the most easy to digest.

Depends if you want them to go in order or catch their attention. To go in order go with Inganock, if it's someone who doesn't read VN or something i would say Gahkthun.

Though catching their attention is subjective, Inganock has a lot of mysteries and you have to piece things together, Gahkthun is straight to the point, depends on what they like.

Got'cha. I think he also figured that out when he realized Sakurai is also the same person who works with Type Moon on the Fate series lol.

You still holding out on Gahkthun? Think it's probably been a year now.

I commend your patience, don't think i could wait that long.

Hehe yeah lol

Hopefully Sona Nyl and Gahkthun will be heart healers by the time I'm done with Karsheel. I only heard/read that it's depressing and ends on a bad ending, but IDK HOW as in the full picture of it other than Kyrie turning full Dead Machine by the end of the story. Which reminds me that yes, using his powers = getting closer to being one himself while losing his humanity...which is also depressing as hell.

He's fighting the things that killed off what was left of humanity, yet is becoming one himself while him and Gene are trying to find a place that's free of Dead Machine.

Don't tell me Kyrie turns into a dead machine and kills Gene at the end, that would be so messed up, would hate Edison even more.

That...is a very impossible one to say there lol.

All I can tell you is that there is ONE last image the book gives you at the end of chap 4, and it has Kyrie holding up to Gene's face with his right hand and what appears to be him crying over her...spoiler, but IDK anything else beyond that either so lol.

Still depressing either way, and I'm doing all this to find out WHY it is so.

Edison is too much, has too much power and uses it to make ppl suffer in the worse ways possible.

Rarely see this kind of thing, where the villain is so absurdly broken and everyone else is nowhere close.

M really when you think about it was the villain of Sharnoth, but in general he isn't really good or evil.

The good guys are severely under powered sans Lily with her witch power and even then from what i hear she only sends Edison away or something and not kill him.

Really want that Edison backstory, hoping sona-nyl gives it.

Should I also mention about his Mega Engine Clock being used as a bomb so powerful it destroyed both Earth and Kadath in Sakurai's Celaphis of Darkness blog post short? Cuz that also happened too, and he probably wasn't even involved beyond having it around for the WIC to use to just...mass kill everyone lol.

Actually it might have not been the clock but I remember it being there or mentioned in it.

Actually, scratch that. I'm being stupid again. It wasn't his clock that was used for the "bomb" but some really big cracking formula that ended up destroying both planets.

But his clock is mentioned there.

This guy... Typical villain would just snap their fingers and kill everyone, but him? He goes out of his way to create a formula to let other ppl do it for him.

Speaking of Kadath, are we every told where exactly it is? Is it another planet in the same galaxy as Earth or like in another universe?

Not sure if it's something he did or the WIC of that world did it themselves. Still, it's crazy to think a formula of that magnitude can even happen but then again, Ulthrathotep exists so it wouldn't be far off. Sounds prep heavy tho.

Nope. All I got from the rough guide is it's a different planet from Earth but humans live there, and there's a part of the planet that's said to be several times larger than our own planet. Which tells me that Kadath as a whole is pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back