• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 2

Well, I don't really mind but at the pace things are going on right now I might just buy the game and leave it there till the next year, kinda like I'm doing right now with IKaBey

There are multiple VN's, think of this verse like Nasuverse or Masadaverse.

Some of the VN's aren't translated, so if you wanna go in order of what's translated it would be Sekien no Inganock>Shikkou No Sharnoth>Ourai No Gahkthun.

Shiei no Sona Nyl is coming out soon and it takes place in between sharnoth and gahkthun. All these VN can be read on their own in any particular order but they are connected.

As for where they can be found a quick google search asking for a download would get you to them, though of course if you can buy them go ahead, it's on steam i think.

Now that i think about it isn't only Gahkthun officially translated? So only it is on steam, the others translations were done by fans.

As for where to find them, not all of them are TL'd as of current but for those that are, two of them are fan TL's while one other, Gahkthun, is officially TL'd.

For the first two, you can find them here. I'd assume they still work but never tried cuz I don't have a PC.

Gahkthun on the other hand can be bought on Steam or even Mangagamer, the people who TL'd Gahkthun. Forgot what pricing they have rn, while Shiei no Sona Nyl will also be on Steam sometime later in the year.

Basically what CP just said.

Checked, Gahkthun is on steam for $39.99.

As for that link, it's what i used to get Sharnoth so yea it works last i checked.

Speaking of Mangagamer I saw their Twitter and they said they're gonna make another update to their projects on the 24th, which is this Friday.

Hoping it's more on Sona Nyl, even if it's just editing update or whatever.

I spent like 60-70 dollars already in DI, which are like Q.490 bucks in my country, I think I could afort another Q.280 bucks here :´v

If Sona Nyl ends up at the same release pricing as Gahkthun is rn still, you might also have to afort more if you end up wanting to read that one too when it comes out kek

Before I **** myself, care to give me some short sumary about the game and if the main character is memorable or just another bland protagonist I'm looking at you Re?

Which one? If you go by the order i said above, then the mc of Inganock is Dr. Gii, Inganock is the name of the city, and the story is basically 10 years ago it got isolated from the outside world by some sort of mist.

After which weird stuff started happening, deadly diseases which fuse with your existence itself, ppl started mutating etc, basically the city is screwed.

Gii is a travelling doctor who goes around helping the sick, and since the events of 10 years ago he doesn't eat much and keeps seeing an illusory clown at the edge of his vision.

He tries to help ppl but feels guilty he can't save everyone due to his healing being ineffective against diseases which fuse with your existence itself.

He is sort of a pacifist, in that he doesn't really wanna kill his opponents, but he wants to help others.

He is a great mc, as things go on we learn more and more about the city and his connections with it and the reason why the city went to crap, also some sad stuff happens near the end.

Really i see Gii as a broken man with Ati Custos being the only thing that kept him going over the years, along with his work healing ppl.

Everyone in the city is broken though, Inganock is not a fun place to live.

@Tony: Once you do finish Inganock, and I imagine Sharnoth after, there are WN's that go with the two VN's though they're read with the assumption that you have finished up the VN's. This is also a thing for the rest of the VN's in WAB sans Gahkthun (who instead have novels and a fandisc) and Thyria which I've looked and they have doujins instead (DK when they take place in terms of the verse storyline tho).

Here's the link for said WN's for Inganock and Sharnoth btw.

About the other mc's, the mc of Shikkoku no Sharnoth is Mary Clarissa Christie, she is imo the weakest in comparison to the others, she is a university student who basically ends up entangled in some strange events, she basically had no idea what was going on for half the story.

She also wants to help her friend and find out why she is comatose, wouldn't say she is a bad mc, just that Tesla and Gii are cooler.

Tesla is the mc of Ourai no Gahkthu, he basically just exudes awesomeness, maybe it's just my bias for ppl with lightning powers talking lol.

He basically transfers into a school in order to save the 100, 000 students, and declares war on the student council. We don't really get what that entails till way later but it's definitely interesting.

The golden eye is said to be able to see through everything, or perceive every form of emotion, wonder what we should count it as, info analysis? Or maybe some form of intelligence.

Wouldn't really call that a form of intellect there.

DK if even IA works enough. The rough guide of WAB states that one of the things it's known for is to "see through everything or accept all feelings". Extrasensory Perception seems to be already accounted for the former, but not so sure of what the latter takes under tho.

Not much I can say there given the Golden Eyes are a complete unknown for me beyond that (and being related-ish to AZTT according to Trex).

https://gyazo.com/82880a65a1d2df944c411718a27ea85e

https://gyazo.com/69339193ae8ce184132444a647656990

Don't know if this is worth mentioning but I went back to watch SnI and found this on Crack Engines and Cracking.

Also makes Critters more dangerous considering it's already known that stuff like bladed weapons, bullets, and explosives don't work on them (and Kikai also) and Cracking can give one a power more powerful than the last two. Same with the Crack Engine part on strengthening mind thing as there were humans who had them implanted and monsters that had some mind related method still got mind screwed/or frightened by Stone Golem's Critter Voice.

So Ati should get mind resistance.

Which was stated to have destructive force surpassing firearms, cracking or crack engines? Cause the latter might upgrade Ati.

Also yea Critter mind hax is broken.

Cracking. Context for first scan was referring to how Cracking/Phenomena Equation Astrea developed could allow one a destructive force that surpasses firearms and explosives.

Second scan was in reference to how it was a byproduct to Cracking that was initially used as prosthetics before people used them to strengthen their minds and bodies.

Edit: Yup, though the last one was around the time Golem appeared. A little before the scan, Gii notes that it was "louder" than Wendigo's and it affected quite a number of people even while Gii was on a higher tier of the city from where Golem was at. This is pretty much how people reacted despite the distance from the Critter. IDK what the others Critter voice are like as I don't recall theirs (Bloodtree and Bandersnatch) being anymore powerful than Wendigo's, so it seems as tho Golem's likely got a more powerful or wider range "voice".

Really? Think by monsters it refers to those who are neither that of the mutated citizens or Critters even for that matter, so I don't think they (like Ati) would scale sadly.

I mean the 2nd scan you posted says crack engine strengthen the mind and body, your 2nd to last scan from your first post again reiterates humans with crack engine have strengthened minds.

I think the 2nd scan is referring to humans in addition to monsters, not that they are the same thing. I mean it says monsters naturally equipped with psychologically management skills, their is nothing about implanting engines into your body.

Point, although was it ever stated Ati HAD crack engines implanted at least? In that way, she can get it cuz it's been a long while since I last read through all of it.

I do have scans that say she has crack engines

Ati supersonic

There is another scan but can't post it due to her breast being exposed, cause she and Gii were in the act if you know what i mean.

Ah. See that's what I mean when I said I don't remember as I'm reading in fractured parts.

Anyways in that case, looks like she should have it. Granted they don't say how much it strengthens one's minds when they implant themselves with Crack engines (Kerkan and Clock Crack Chrome also have them too, and that's ofc not counting however many humans in Inganock that have this) but it's something.

And kek, I think I know which part of that happens ^^;

Question, where can I download the Steampunk games and side materials???

Links would be appreciated

um is there a password for the rar files? Cuz for me it seems thats the thing and i think i'm pretty dumb with all this but how the hell am i suppose to download it all full/open it :V

I didn't need to use a password for the rar files? For me it just told me I needed to download an app to open them.

I got something called the UnAchiever app which opens up Rar files like the Rough Guide.

For VN's i have a tool called Daemon Tools Lite, i just go to it, and open the VN file i downloaded in it, and from there i can install the VN.

Noticed that the Golden Eye made Mary able to see Moran's movement which is supersonic, Mary and Charlotte should have supersonic perception speed i guess.

Looked around and couldn't find any profiles which used perception speed, do we not use it anymore? Idk.

If it's not perception speed the only other thing this could be is reaction speed, though might even scale to combat speed, Charlie can move faster than the eye can see, her left eye can't see her movements but her right can and she kept up with Mary who can do the same, so you might argue they should scale to Moran.

Btw doesn't seem the gahkthun thread is getting anymore input, guess i will just perform the changes later.

Trust me, it's no different from the Nasuverse threads here (or any of the obsecure VN's here for that matter lol) and already gave my reasoning for it too...

If that's a thing used here, probably really rare to use compared to the others. I'd imagine if that was used more often, we'd used for that for those like Tesla's or Accelerated Thought Perception users from Slime.

I think Mathers should just straight up be High 6-B, he was able to fight with GK for a while.

Though for GK it was just child's play, he should be relative to him.

I thought the same a while back but for like either as "likely" or "possibly" High 6-B considering GK wasn't really affected much other than Mathers actually somehow managing to last that long in holding him off + coming out alive with no worse for wear.

Also I looked around and saw that there's a Fear Manipulation page, and it reminds me that the Critters in Inganock can also invoke a feeling of terror upon those who witness their form. Wonder if they can apply for it, considering those like Gii who states having been "used" to terror ends up shaking once he sees the Critters up close in the story.

Likely High 6-B would be fine i think.

Yea critters should have fear manipulation and kikai users should have resistance to it.

Yeah I almost didn't want to bring it up if only because it could be argued against that they have seen them before or heard of them enough to be shit scared but it WOULD make sense for them to have Fear Manip in a way, especially as that would align with them being "terror given form" if that makes up for anything out of it.

Back