• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 2

Guess we are in need of another crt thread for Mary and Charle's speed along with Critter getting fear manipulation and Mather's being upgraded.

You have any scans of critters fear manipulation?

Not atm but I can try getting them now while I'm still at home to grab some.

Edit: Although I have this I found from a JP wiki that has info on stuff on WAB, Nasu, Masada, etc. if it helps somewhat even if it's JP.

ÞªïÒéïÞÇàÒüîÒüäÒéîÒü░ÒÇé

ÒüèÒéêÒüØþó║Õ«ƒÒü½ÒÇüþ▓¥þÑ×Òüîþí¼þø┤ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

µüɵÇûÒü½µàúÒéîÒüìÒüúÒüƒÒü»ÒüÜÒü«õ¢ôÒüîÚ£çÒüêÒéïÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

ÞªïÒéïÞÇàÒü½µüɵÇûÒéÆÒééÒüƒÒéëÒüÖÒÇé

ÒüôÒü«þò░Õ¢óÒü»µá╣µ║ÉþÜäÒü¬ÒüØÒéîÒéÆÕéÖÒüêÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüïÒéë

þá┤ÕúèÒÇ鵡╗ÒÇéµüɵÇûÒÇéÕŽÒü│ÒÇé

ÒüØÒéîÒéëÒü«ÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒüîÒüôÒéîÒü«µá╣µ║ÉÒéƵºïµêÉÒüÖÒéïÒÇé

Úâ¢Õ©éÒü½þöƒÒüìÒéïÞÇàÒéÆÒÇüµ«ïÒéëÒüÜÒÇüþòŵÇûÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇé

Alright as of rn I only got a couple from Gii's encounter with Wendigo (Sekien no Inganock) and of Stone Golem but it's the earliest one that may indicate Critters having potential fear manip.

This scan here shows the narration describing how Gii knew the feeling he was feeling despite his body already getting used to terror.

And in this follow up, we see why and it has to do with the Critter in front of him.

As for the JP text above, I found that it comes from the Stone Golem encounter where it is described as such to any who sees its form although the google TL for the last line told me it still scares anyone so I'm so sure as to why the fan TL said otherwise.

This happens a number of times during Inganock's storyline of Gii encountering the other Critters, from Blood Tree, Bandersnatch, Stone Golem and even Petrovna after she had her Kikai merge with the Blood Tree's main body.

Something that might also be worth mentioning was that in the Golem case, Gii used his Cracking to lessen the effect of Golem's Critter voice although I imagine this has to do with him not being that close where Golem was cuz he later notes as he goes to fight it that the Voice was stronger the closer one gets to him. Not sure how to handle that.

Side-note Mangagamer still hasn't updated yet but it should come in around sometime later in the day if not soon iir their last updates for their blogs right.

@Qliphoth Bacikal The fact that Chutulu destroyed celestial bodies in the past and is equal to Tesla after being radiance boosted, probably puts him at planet level, though since it's untranslated, this is just my guess.

As for clock crack chrome, you could probably post his profile, guessing you also copied his profile? Cause there wasn't much about him in inganock.

Probably. He/It can't go any lower than Planet level, or Small Planet level for that matter, given he also fought post-Gahkthun Tesla who also later got that massive Radiance boost as said.

Eh I've had thoughts about it, though he's really the easier of the two to post. Just that I really wish we knew What in TF his Cracking specialties are since he has three he can use and that's considered impossible iirc. His Kikai, on the other hand, is a complete unknown. Literally there's nothing about his Kikai that I can find so it's a non-factor if anything.

Well the profiles seem too vague to post then due to lack of info.

Btw thought you said mangagamer was suppossed to update friday? It's saturday now and still nothing.

Exactly. CCC is likely more postable but only his Cracking skills are what's missing. His Kikai's nothing so I can't say any on that but if I had something about his Cracking, I'd post him anyways.

Yeah they were supposed to since their last last update but I haven't seen anything all day on their Twitter. Either they're doing it very late or not today for whatever reason (shrugs)

Bumping this.

So I'm back from what would have been my permanent ban that shortly after was just me using that as a sort of punishment on myself in the form of a "time-out" for what I did last week that I brought upon myself. But...I am feeling a lot better now, and more at peace with myself and now more focused to only doing what I can manage to do...which so far is just editing stuff that I only know and up to what I know (Fate, HnK, wahtever is available for WAB here, etc.).

That said, in relevance to this thread and in case no one checked yet, MangaGamer did update but sadly among it was not Sona Nyl...and they do not said as to when they'll make another update so.....yeah we're still playing the waiting game here. -_-

Thought you were gone forever.

This thread would have been effectively dead if that happened since it's mostly just us who comment here.

I thought so too. I could have just laid off the network but I gave myself a ban anyways just out of the sheer fact I "lost it" at Ashford when I could have handled it a lot better. Not good for myself and I hate myself for it even.

Did give me time to finish Vol 2 of Slime...of the WN that is lol, but that should be moved to the relevant thread, which is not this clearly.

Kek I can see that. And yeah, last week Sona Nyl didn't get updated so that gives me the impression we're not getting it til around Fall...hopefully. If not, early 2020 at the latest...think that's the right term to describe something at a later date.

Thanks.

IDK how often they update. For all we know, it can be a month from now or something. Think that's how long they do unless stated otherwise on their Twitter.

Kek. Been going on Twitter just about every day...mostly for "art", and I mean this in a very "particular kind". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hopefully they're quick about it tho, yes.

Nah that's Pixiv job. Well I do go there too but for "art" made for a game I play on my phone...a lot. That and Twitter but being a social media zone, it's pretty much everything else.

So far it's Gii and Ati, then come Tesla and Neon (for the bits and stuff I see whwnever I go watch some Gahkthun...for the very briefest of moments).

Knowing the fanarts and CG's I see of A and Lily, they may or may not top Gii and Ati lol.

Kinda bummed that Gii and Ati JUST got together until Ati had to run into Lemure Lemure of all people. Worse is that Gii had to leave Ati behind, even literally when he ends up disappearing...or whatever the heck happened to him in the ending.

Speaking of, I'm really liking Inganock a lot than I first thought of when I read it. Great story and characters, especially with how Gii hangs on to saving the people and whatnot. Only things I can see that were not so enjoyable to read at times was the repetition. Some were good, but stuff like Gii just straight hax tanking stuff to his face can be a bit offputting to others who have either read it or end up reading it by chance. I get the feeling that Porshion was just strong of a Kikai and that's just before it evolves. Other stuff in it were like Dorothy just being up and left forgotten after her ordeal was resolved. Outside of a mention from Kia about visiting her in the next chapter, she ends up as literally that one char who doesn't get a mention even up to the end of the story. Hell that one CG in the Webnovel where Ati sees the people she met were all together and whatnot, among them you don't see Dorothy. There's also that of CCC cuz I reread the WN and I actually liked his backstory. Just wish it was extended more when it was written but sadly we don't get a lot out of him either nor know if he even lived past Inganock like Gii.

Sharnoth is kinda meh-ish tbh. Thinking back, I REALLY had the impatience of it moving about and it really only happens around the last two chapters of the story. Think it'll be the most meh-ish even after I read Sona Nyl and Gahkthun.

On another note, what'cha think Mangagamer will do next once Sona Nyl is released and does well enough? I've seen several people on Twitter being hyped up for it and some websites of WAB readers waiting for it too so I think it'll do well. For me, I've said this before but I would like if they do Valsuia. Thyria is just still new to me and I don't really have much interest in it other than that it's the first WAB that doesn't take place in the 1900's. Granted it takes place in Edo era Japan but...not much else than that...and the art style.

I keep forgetting you're holding off on reading Gahkthun lol. So you can't really give an opinion yet.

Yea that was pretty sad. The ending was bittersweet since Ati was no longer with Gii.

Your rereading Inganock?

Yea Sharnoth was the weakest series for me.

If Sona Nyl is sucessful i think they will obviously do another series since it's making them money, as for which one they will do next idk, would rather Valusia since it's older, Thyria can wait until everything older has been translated.

Why do you think I'm reading Slime atm lol

Yeah. Gii's ambiguous status is also a big curiosity especially after the WN with Ati meeting Kia again. Be real funny if Gii somehow shows up for something grand and gets some broken powers or something xD But that probably won't ever happen for a while if ever at all (shrugs)

Anytime I want to relook at feats or watch Gii tank stuff and OHKO his fights.

Most likely. IDK about Celeneria other than hearing Trex saying that it's unnecessary or weak. But I have read reviews the other day that it's a good introduction to WAB...buuuut as one of the still remaining non-TL'd VN's I can't exactly judge that lol. The art is also pretty out there in an odd way as with Masadaverse's ParaLost VN. THEN AGAIN...so is Gahkthun's and Thyria's but those are more attractive looking so maybe that's another reason I lean towards the more latter VN's kek.

Hence why I imagine Valusia to come about next.

I guess the bright side is as soon as you finish Sona-Nyl, you can instantly go to Gahkthun.

I would like to Gii back into the story again.

Don't know much about Celeneria but yea it's the first of the series so i would imagine it wouldn't be the best but just a good intro.

Is Valusia the one with the guy who turned Kadath into salt? I imagine so, and also with Hilde.

That's the plan~

Same.

Aye, that's the one. It's the Horror End form Leo (Leonardo Da Vinci, to be exact) takes up that's Continent sized and do the salt thing. It's also one where we have the Society produce these giant body things for Hilde and Machine Lord that imitate Kikai or some such like it...and I think Leo's Giant God mech or whatever allows him to trump over them or something. Think I recall Trex mentioning Leo being superior to Hilde and Machine Lord in the first talk thread so that might or might not be referring to that.

So if we wanna get Leo memed with his salt hax, we need Valusia out.

Still waiting for Shining Nights so we can meme Chutulu throwing his spear like Reinhard.

WABS has a lot of broken eye powers, lol i atomize anything i gaze at, lol i turn anything i see into salt, lol i freeze time, space, matter and space with my gaze.

What new broken eye power will we get next.

I think the salt one is technically from the golden ornaments WK has at its waist. Doesn't seem quite the same as GK's and Hilde's.

I imagine someone having the ability to affect Causality or something just by glaring. Like warping it and it's just as ever casual as the two above. Either that or probability manip something...by glaring.

Next thing you know there will be someone who erases things from existence by glaring or someone who destroys concepts by glaring.

Considering Hilde's allow her to freeze minds, space, time, and matter by just looking at something/someone, much less GK's that allows him to atomize anyone/thing even something as abstract as Critters, I don't doubt that happening.

That does sound like something for the really high up peeps like Edison or Thoth (I know, I know. Unknown guy and all but he also does seem to quite fit that as well).

Hoping Sakurai still sticks around to write more and maybe catch on with that lol.

I want Edison and M to get some broken passive hax, along with resistances.

Of course i am still holding out hope we see some tier 1 feats from them.

With all the Cthutlu Mythos influences i wouldn't be surprised.

When will Tesla be Tier 1 for trying to fight them and surviving getting his ass beat from them lol

Hopefully. They just seem kinda underwhelming, at least for the time being as they are now.

Dead ass keep looking at MG's Twitter but other than some products they've finished TL'ing and releasing on their site and/or Twitter (though one just suffered a complete big L under "false claims"), none are about their projects being updated.

This...once again reminds me of the month long updates we've had before and still have rn...

Just got on Twitter for a bit and saw Mangagamer updating their projects.

Some getting out of beta, most secrets they have are 100% TL'd with various stages of editing done...but among all else, NO SONA NYL update!

This shit is actually both killing me AND pissing me off rn xD

Back