• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 2

Kek.

It actually donned on me that Sakurai's page on VNdb notes her as being a former writer of Liarsoft and is now a freelance writer...which I'm pretty sure the last part is not true seeing as there's still Type-Moon to go back to if she hasn't already done so.

IDK, maybe if all titles she wrote for were to be TL'd and more people were to get them she'd join back to write more? I also found it weird that in whatever time she started to be a freelance (or more like having gone back to Fate) that she could have started up her Ulthar doujin but....idk. Maybe it's a dead idea but I'm still hoping.

At least for now I'll settle with what we got and see what happens from there.

While still waiting for Sona Nyl to be done, I found a couple art tweets from Ooshi Ryuko's Twitter (artist for Steampunks Inganock and Valusia VN's). They got quite the upgrade in art quality since their time drawing for Inganock. I think this is like Valusia's artstyle but even more modern.

Ati and Gii
Kerkan and Ruaha

Listening to sona-nyl's op while doing an essay, it's pretty good.

What wab op do you guys like the most? I can't choose, they are all pretty good.

No further updates on sona-nyl's translation status yet, probably be at the end of the month.

Kek, it is. I'd say Rosa Morada is the best for me followed by Dorchadas (Sharnoth's OP theme), then Tornitrus and finally Adenium.

I've also listened to Tistrya sometime ago. It has...quite an interesting theme, which fits the desert city area the setting takes place in. Sucks we won't ever know if it'll get translated. Hilde/Joan of Arc and the Chrome Bodies there interest me as do Horror End and one of Thoth's bodies roaming around there.

And yeah...hopefully the end we'll know, tho ofc there's the obvious editing bit after. Hopefully that one doesn't take as long as translating it tho.

Tistrya does have that dessert sort of idk, indiana jones feel to it.

Can't find tyrhhia's op online, can't even find pictures from the game.

Encounter with the Clockwork God
Message from the Past
Yup.

Also can't wait to get to these two scenes here when Sona Nyl drops. Pretty hyped up as it's right at the end or near end of the VN once Elysia and Lily make it to the Skyscraper tower.

I see Lily and A kissing so seems they are a couple, not like with Sharnoth where we assumed M and Mary would be a thing but aren't, but seems like that's an exception due to M being unfeeling.

Every other series characters get together.

It probably helps for the two that they're related to Alan (for A) and Elysia (for Lily).

Lol for M and Mary but it makes sense with M's general unfeeling/caringness.

What....in the actual.....****?

Dood we legit talked about progression of Sona Nyl just a couple hrs ago...and mangagamer updated again today and has it at 98%.

Jesus xD

in terms of OP i would go with either sona's or inganock's. Hard choice tbh.

And 2 more percent? Hell ya!

Yeuup~

Off-topic Mangagamer's bringing in more secret projects of theirs...really makes me wonder if it's another Steampunk game lol.

I'm just that needy, yes xD.

pretty sure we who can't do jap are needy for another steampunk translation XD. i hope they also translated the web novels (does it have web novels. If so then i do hope sona nyl's web novels get translated)

Aren't Mangagamer VN translators? Pretty sure they do VN's and not WN's, even ones that are short like Inganock's and Sharnoth's.

Would be cool for it though cuz that's where we have Lily use her Rose Witch powers to free Tesla and where he saves Elysia from this society called the Bloody Tongue or whatever that follows Edison (apparently that was to shush her about the truth of NY or something)...which also explains what that bit about him crushing another organization and then going over to France part comes from in his profile.

....Sigh.

Edit: Just checked and unless this is something new, they're a VN localization team so they don't work on WN's. Gahkthun is understandable cuz they don't have WN's, only LN's and a fandisc that won't ever get TL'd lest it goes into super high demand (most likely not tho -_-). Sona Nyl and, if it ever happens, Valusia (yes...) have WN's but would need like fantranslations to even get them up on the web for reading...not that I mind that with Inganock or Sharnoth lol.

You mean on Sona Nyl and Valusia? If so, sadly we don't have one. We only have Fantranslations of Inganock and Sharnoth.

Sona Nyl, and Valusia to an extent, don't have any nor is there at least a link to find it anywhere. In some obsecure parts of the web there might be but I have had no luck getting to one that has it.

well, almost finishing Gakhthun (currently on jo's arc), then i will move over Inganock. Tyrhia is already in my computer. It's maybe a bit of chalenge but will see if i can read it

Well yes, i can somewhat read japanese, but nowhere close to be called good at all =3= hope i can improve my reading skills with some visual novel (which mainly the reason why i started learning japanese)

Oh and about Gahkthun, it was good, the characters are lovable (Albert the best character, too bad the guy is not really important to the story tho :v ) and i'm glad that fights arent stomp-ish like in the Sharnoth anymore :p

And Golden King is still nowhere to be mentioned about lol

Oh yeah sup Magi. Haven't seen ya in a while ^^;

And yeah I wish I can find it. In fact had I done so somehow, I'd really send it out here already lol. Time will tell if it ever gets translated in some way...or not.

Also I'm reminded that I had this talk with Red about Sakurai's last known activaties on her blog and it shows she was planning on doing Ulthar later on in the future along with some stuff related to Sona Nyl and Tyrhia....but the weird thing is her blog states it as her future plans with a date stamp that says "December 25, 2020"...yet that's super freaking odd when the last date she posted on her blog was like in 2013 (forgot exact date but the year, I know) which, as I've told Red this before and even earlier on here above, either she somehow managed to post that to the past (big LOL there) or that's really how she'll plan to do things from there on.

The only problem I have is IDEK WHEN she posted those plans or even IF she'll do exactly what she plans to write cuz last I hear she's writing for Fate....ugh. If you're curious, I can post her blog with a link here for ya to look. There's also that one joke work of WAB that later somehow became canon to the main series on it if you look around long enough.

@Magu So would you say gahkthun>sharnoth?

That's also my opinion, for me inganock>gakthun>sharnoth. Wonder where sona nyl will fit, ppl hype it up so might be up there.

@Qli Glad to know that Sakurai-sensei is still working on future projects for the Steampunk series :3 she's seem really busy recently with Typemoon works. Well, i would like to have the link please :v And about the joke work, i remember Trex used to post it on the first discussion thread, the summary alone was intense and make me want to read it by myself, but when i search the name on the google... there was like 2 results :v one of them lead to our first discussion thread lol.

@Celes Well, it's hard to say. Gahkthun surely has better fight scenes and romance and i like the Gahkthun's academy setting much more than London. But Sharnoth's characters seem to have more impact to me. I still remember the end of Jane's arc that almost made me cry.

And i also hyped up for Sona-nyl too, there's only 2% left in the translation progression. Gotta keep hype at it's max :3

@Magi Well romance is nonexistent in sharnoth so of course gahkthun has it beat lol. M is beyond that stuff.

Hmm i do think sharnoth indeed had a lot of weight to the characters, but for me i found the mini-games tedious, and had no idea what was going on till like more than half way through the story.

Gahkthun kept me more engaged, till the big pay off came, and I think gahkthun had a bigger pay off at the end, but sharnoth had better characters. Overall i only think gahkthun edges sharnoth out.

Still think inganock is the best though, best characters and everything.

@Magi: Here. Well to be exact it's not so much as her blog but more like the ENGINE SMOKER circle that she made that will be doing Mushoku no Ulthar...or so I've looked up on. The thing is, I'm not even sure if this is truly the intended date nor am I sure if she really will be doing this if this is the actual date seeing as we're still a yr and a half away to even know if that will come true or not.

I feel like it's almost a bad joke but I am willing to give this a chance if it comes up for reals next yr...kek.

As for the other thing, it's right here as well.

@Magi:

......So......about that Webnovel thing of Sona Nyl and Valusia you asked earlier? I think I actually found it. ^^;

Edit: It took me a damn while to realize that maybe I could have find it through copy-pasting the name of the VN in JP text and sure enough, I manage to find it in the one kind of place that I CAN find it: The Sona Nyl/Valusia sites!

For Sona Nyl it's easy as it's pretty much like Inganocks if not more closely to that of Sharnoth's. Here.

Valusia's tho? That one's a bit tricky and hard as unlike SN's where it gives you a big fat banner like link to read SN's webnovel, this one doesn't have it except in the form of big fat numbers of 1-4 in green next to a text that I think seems to point of it being the WN of Valusia. ...IDEK if what I said makes sense but I think you'll understand what I mean when you get there.

Link of Valusia site.

Just to bump this, I have read just only a page on the first episode/part of the SN WN and it does confirm what I searched up sometime ago on Tesla trying to stop Edison from starting the Phenomenal Equation Experiment in NY.

From where it happened it was two days before Christmas in 1902 in Hungary (for whatever reason) instead of NY and Tesla was pretty damn ready to kill him despite knowing Edison is a God, while Edison on the other hand didn't even really react much even when lightning started to strike down around him due to Tesla being pretty pissed. Whether or not he knew how powerful Edison is, IDK. But! I won't go any cuz after that comes Lily and A's adventure out of NY in the main VN...which I want to read first before I complete the rest of the WN.

@Celestial well, the mini game ar surely tedious as hell, it would be much more interesting if sakurai actually writes how Mary runs away from the Metacritters and how did she collected the voices :p And yeah, i too agree that the story is really vague until the last arc. Havent read the finale of Gahjthun yet so cant say much, but hoping for some big revelation like M being the Black Kin in sharnoth.

@Qli thank you alot for the links ! let see iff i can get more infor of the verse :p hoping for the return of Sharnoth characters (or maybe M is enough lol)

and i wonder why Edison didnt finished Tesla, just sealed him away. Maybe Tesla's regenation is so broken that even Edison cannot overcome ?

@Magi: Yeah np! Guess that's the advantage of doing that at 2 in the morning out of randomness lol. No joke that it was legit in the one place(s) that most likely HAD to have them xD

Idk maybe? It's either that, Tesla is really durable, or Edison was super pretty casual as hell to the point he wouldn't just instanly squash(?) him like an absolute ant. Or Tesla got PIS plot armour or something that's akin to Sakurai wanking the chars she writes in Fate (most notoriously that of Playable Saber (Nero) iirc).

But again np!

Back