• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 2

Dagon's that one Old One Mary encountered in that water city whose "shaking" probably would have F'd up said city. Something something related to what happened to Inganock or New York or whatever. Would have to read the webnovel on it.

Far as I remember, first and last time it appeared it became a pet dog for Mary...while also being scared shitless of its former King M.

Cool. M being so op, wanna know where the average old one stands, considering how strong tesla is, seems like at least gk level.

More Old Ones would be better to have and know, for sure. That and how powerful and broken they are as that would make M still more impressive as he's their King...well if that's how it works.

I'd also want to know if any other OG's will appear cuz far as I know, only Nyar is shown and even that's only through his Avatars of M and Edison and somewhat A whose his most recent one AFAIK.

There's A.Z.T.T but she's yet to appear directly, and Yog's only known info is just being dinner for Edison. Something like a Steampunk ver of Shub-Niggurath or just more info on stuff like GK's Great race of Yith would be neat.

Still waiting up on Thoth to show up again though.

So she is from valusia, well damn, doubt that will ever be translated before the others or at all.

And she is obviously a villain, wonder what her connection is to that thing in valusia that like destroyed the entire planet by turning it to salt or something.

And how the hell the main characters got around the mind/space/time/matter hax which works via sight, they must be pretty op as well.

Sadly yes. That's why I assume after Sona Nyl, if Mangagamer is doing more Liar-soft products and that of Steampunk, they'll do Valusia or Tryriia but doubt we'll hear from that for some more years down the line.

Edit: That and I like the artwork of Valusia since it's from the same artist that did Inganock's art iirc.

Kek.

Things like this keeps reminding me that I wish Sakurai did more of her planned Steampunk works often...

Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. Will have to wait a lifetime to see anything else new. Potentional translations of other works out, Valusia mostly, however, are still up there for me.

Blood Red Star of Vulthoom 1
Blood Red Star of Vulthoom 2
Blood Red Star of Vulthoom 3

From the looks of it, AKIRA yet again was set to be the artist for here just like Sharnoth and Sona Nyl...GDI.

Looks so amazing as usual.

Btw, should Porshion and Xerxes have their Kikai Immortality and Abstract Existence on their users page? I know it would look kinda confusing seeing as it's on Gii and Kerkan's page but as it's separated by keys, it would be alright since it's more towards the Kikai themselves no?

that art looks amazing wew. And the setting...i wonder what part of earth cuz it seems to be from earth

Had to check VNdb and it jumped by 6% so yeah, it was 89% last time and that was early in the month too!

Hopefully they speed it up on the editing this time lol.

DAMN we are so close. Another Vn i'm really looking forward to see is coming soon

Considering what he did to new york is supposed to prove love is pointless or something like that, it's got to be at least inganock level screwed.

It's something like that, yeah. Then Edison apparently abandoned the project cuz he got bored or disinterested in it.

I don't remember what it was that makes New York a hellhole but I seem to remember something about the Angels killing the residents they happen to see and given enough time, they'll end up disappearing for good like rusted metal...or something.

Another thing that's probably already known is Edison did the Phenomenon Equation Experiment first, then Astaire(?)...and both of them managed to get city wide areas into hell holes.

Edit: Found it. It's something Trex shared that's...yeah, makes New York a hellhole as he stated:

"Special mention goes to Sona Nyl, where you'll get periodically slaughtered by invincible Angels. Then resurrect, only you lost some memories and you are more mechanical than you were before. Repeat ad nauseum, until you despair so much and give up on living you become a lifeless hunk."

The description of sona-nyl mentions "messengers" so guessing the messengers are angels.

Wonder what sort of abilities they have.

Pretty much. Oh and speaking of Inganock and hell holes, there's this even though all of us here know what Inganock's living condition is like prior to Gii ascending the Golden staircase.

"Inganock is pretty much a shithole. It is city enclosed by Infinite Mist, with no chance of ever getting out. Full of Mutated humans, some of them dangerous. Full of drugs, crime and supernatural diseases that will soul r**e you till you die. Then there's also the fact that poor people in can't afford doctors, unless the people in the Upper Tier. There are also monsters that cannot normally be killed and do funny shit like mind r**e you and turn you into a cultist, use you as a host and soul r**e you till hatching, gigantic golems that can burn anything they come into contact with, etc.

Karsheel's world is a post apocalyptic shithole plagued by cybernetic zombies. Which pretty much counts too."

Note: Karsheel's that one light novel/novel that, like most of the Steampunk stuff Sakurai's written, currently untranslated.

Inganock had diseases which literally fused with your existence itself....

Inganock was a pretty crappy place to be in, can't imagine what new york is like.

so basically inganock has really messed up diseases while new york is pure torture cuz u die so much and ressurect while being worst than before...pick your poison i tell ya...

If what Trex said is true, that seems to put another meaning on why the Vn has the sub title "What a Beautiful Memories". Cuz losing memories, especially the very fond parts one had/might have had, would probably make them lose hope and give in to despair...yeah that sounds really depressing now that I think about it.

From being indirectly involved with how Inganock turned out (before Gii made the wish to set it free) to turning NY into literal hell himself, yeah....

Then again, it's Nyarlathotep.

their love child who isn't a prick like edison. Welp i am curious how many nyars are there

FAIK, it's just only those three I hear and found. Don't think there's anymore lest it's in the untranslated guides/mats that is.

Granted there is Baron Munchausen but that's if you think of him and M as separate people cuz they're really the same people who split from the Black King after taking the Professors/James Moriarty's body.

Edison IDK about. All I know from the first Steampunk thread we had was Trex saying that Edison and Clockwork God/Tick Tock Man were once separate people like M and Moriarty but later became Tick Tock's meat puppy to walk around in.

A's the most recent Nyar incarnation and other than M granting him Howler in the Dark and having Critter summons, that's all there is for him.

Back