• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 2

Just wonder what tier A will be, like regular kikai user tier, or full blown M or Edison tier? Though i sort of doubt that latter.

I have a feeling he'll just be the former rather than latter. Doesn't seem like he may have anything that'll be on M and Edison's level.

Also just remembered this thought of whether Sakurai will have GK and Tesla have a rematch with each other in some future Steampunk work considering how their whole confrontation went from the fight to Tesla's death and revival.

Tesla vs Wrath King
Tesla vs Wrath King (Look at the size difference here)

Knight of Thunder Sword
Tesla makes a sword for his Mech form

Arm of King that Shatters All Creation
The Arm of the King That Shatters All of Creation

Alpha Cross Hits
Alpha Cross...that's gotta hurt a LOT

For a guy whose a Hero, he has one heck of a track record of getting his s*** kicked in.

First Edison (and will still be so), then GK though only after getting even weaker, and then finally Wrath King here by getting a spear thrusted through the chest.

Also like the Arm attack better design wise than GK's Demonic Hands here.

Edison and Gk were understandable, since Edison is a legit God, and against Gk he was nerfed, with Wrath King he was at his best and still got speared.

Obviously. No chance against Edison in his entire life but I'll give Tesla points for trying and having big balls to do that. And yeah against GK he was heavily nerfed.

That Wrath King part, aye. But then ofc he got a revive + massive buff to kill Wrath King.

Did he know about Edison's ridiculous power when he tried to face him? I mean the guy ate all of space-time, facing him is suicide.

I give him points for trying though.

I can't really find anything if he did or not. If he didn't, I can't blame him for thinking he could stop him though that means he went in blind not knowing what Edison was like.

If he did knew, then that is ofc suicide.

Still, again props for trying indeed.

Alright, last couple pics for this time. This time these are that of the layout of Marseilles or the island Gahkthun takes place at, both day and night vers of it.

Not the full layout unfortunately but neat still I guess.

Marseille Day
Marseille Night

Would be nice if we knew how big the island is, but considering it is home to 100,000 ppl, has to fairly pretty big.

For reals. This would have been good to know for GK's feat (or would be, in the sense he wasn't able to but would have had Maxmimillian not stall him for Neon to get Tesla back). Also think this would have been good to know how much of an area Berta with her titan mech would have caused or how spread out Emilie's Artemis Mk 2 and 3 were laid at.

Even then this isn't even the full pic so there's more area than what the layout pics above suggests.

More run on talking, wondering if we'll get to have more Sekime BS abilities in Steampunk. Only ones I know I come across that has something that goes beyond and is very casual are Golden King's and Hilda's. So basically Atomization (that can atomize stuff one normally wouldn't think it should work but lol it can) and Freezing multitude of stuff like Mind, Matter, Space, and Time.

I'd lol if I hear of another having eyes that can casually distort causality or some such and it's as casual as GK or Hild glaring at someone or something.

Exotic hax is a staple of the series, so probably will be.

Do we even know yet what sort of abilities are present in Tyrhhia?

Still don't know what's his motive, does he just get his kicks off messing things up?

Guess we have to wait for sona-nyl to see, also wonder how much info about Edison we will get, though since he is the main antagonist, i assume it will be a lot.

Only thing I ever recall about Edison was something about wanting to prove love as an idea is pointless from Trex and that was more related to what he did to New York being a hellhole...which is also something he did as a side-project before throwing it away out of boredom/disinterest.

But yeah we'll have to see what he's really up to or at least part of what his deal is with everything.

Proving love is pointless huh, since he ate all of space-time, wonder if he is nigh-omniscience?

If he basically knows almost everything/everything that is going to happen, might be why he thinks love is pointless.

Also if new york was his side project, what exactly is his main project i wonder.

Seems so but that was about several months back last yr.

Maybe? Given who Yog is, I wouldn't be surprised if he was Nigh-Omniscient and wanted to F with Alan (this guy that happens to be A/is related to A in Sona Nyl that Red told me about) about it.

TO BE CONTINUED~

Tesla has one bad record of wins and losses. I mean i suspect he challenged edison cuz he was evil and yada yada. And edison's objective besides proving love huh. I wonder how much he screwed things up in tyrhhia doe

Hopefully. It's so near and just there.

Maybe after it's done, plus with ofc editing and further testing and putting it on the stores can we get another Steampunk VN in. Out of the current VN's rn including Tryhiia(???), I'm expecting Valusia to be next. Seems the most likely to have and it would close the gap between Sona Nyl and Sharnoth. Plus it apparently has the most elements with Lovecraft which I assume has to do with Horror End and something else but...would hold my mouth to that and wait to see if MangaGamer does take it up next or do the most recent Steampunk VN (shrugs).

More lovecraft elements sounds good.

How long has sona-nyl been announced to be translated, like 3 years? Even if another one is announced it's gonna take awhile for it to be translated and out.

Well at least it's not like the sequel to Seinarukana, which was announced like 4 years ago and still hasn't been released in japan.

For reals. Along with Fate having introduced Outer Gods and Cthulhu in the mix too, I'm tempted to read some of the OG Lovecraft mythos...if I bother myself with the time for it lol.

About 3 years, yeah. From the post on MangaGamers site for it, it says "2016 annoucement". DK when in 2016 in terms of month and day but it was announced that far back and now it's early 2019 to date. Ourai was released back in '12/'13 yet it was picked up and got an ENG release in '15 though I think why it took that short of time was maybe of large interest.

IDK. But yeah maybe it will take just as long as Sona Nyl's as it's just got to this point rn.

Damn for reals lol.

this series lowkey made me interested in OG lovecraft XD

Damn @CP that's one way to announce a sequel that doesn't come

Just a curious thought here on Ulthar.

Now I'm...well now aware that Sakurai HAD planned for this but never really gotten anything with it beyond putting up a teaser for it but seeing as she had planned to make it into English format, anyone here plan to try and buy it to read it?

Ofc this is all assuming she DOES manage to actually work on it and have it released out in like...whenever she's not ever writing Fate for a while.

Just been on my mind lately cuz I know I will, that's one thing. Granted that would depend how much it'll be but I might still try and get a copy.

You know I just realized something...

In all of any Steampunk matches I've seen on the web, which is actually just Animevice and Narutoforums, I've never once come across a Sona Nyl matchup at all. Well there is ONE I saw that has Gii set up to fight the angels but like all threads made of it (which is made up by either Fabtastic or Trex), they don't get concluded or go far in the thread cuz of how obsecure they are lol.

Usually I tend to read up the Inganock ones followed by Gahkthun (usually just GK and some of Tesla and Cthulhu and one for the Council members) but never of Sona Nyl aside the above mentioned one. Even Sharnoth had a rare couple (which has M and one of Moran fighting against Shirou Yusa from an earlier part of one of the routes) but even those with at least M were just explanations of what he can do and what scale he's at while one had a bonus round with Edison in it only for it to be a possible stomp or something lol.

Funny to think VSBW at least tries to get somewhere with the verse...if only more Steampunk was translated, we'd possibly get somewhere. At least just the main VN's alone (yes, including Celeneria) I'd be fine with...even if it's really just Gii, Golden King, and maybe Grimm=Grimm being used usually lol.

Vs battles likes obscure hax characters so it works here, other places not so much.

If chutulu had a profile ppl here would be spamming him.

For reals.

I'd want to see how many people ask about this ver of Cthulhu lol, although I'd be just as amused if Hilde was made and people ask HTF her Sekime works by freezing mind, matter, time and space.

It sounds just as absurd but so does GK's xD

Is her mind/space/time/matter hax passive? Guessing it works via sight.

Also still waiting for other old ones besides M to be apart of the story.

It's as casual as Golden King's Sekime for what I found. Just anything she sees is frozen, though whether it's as broken as GK's (in the sense of affecting even phenomena like Critters) IDK.

Old ones besides M, Dagon, Thunderbird...same.

Back