• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Starcraft Ultralisk Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
There is a particular mission in the Zerg campaign that allows the Ultralisk to evolve into its variant strains. One of which, requires it to survive and evolve from a nuke.

I'm thinking this would be Small City level (Low 7-B).

Thoughts?

Feat in questio

It would be more than that. SC nukes are far stronger than normal nukes. 1000 are able to nearly life-wipe a planet. They should scale to Nova Terra's nukes.

So that is High 6-C for the mid-high tiers. Makes sense, since they should easily surpass the Warp Prism and the Thor can use nukes of its own.

Yeah, it would most definitely be tier 6. Ghost nukes are High 6-C to be specific, as they scale to the capital ships.

Ok, so as of now, the Ultralisk, Thor, Colossus, and Archo are all up for this upgrade. How should we treat the in-betweeners like the Immortal, Lurker, and Siege Tank? We have seen in the HotS cinematic trailer than the Siege Tank cannot hurt the Ultra in any meaningful way. Should everything but the aforementioned units (and everything above them) not be eligible to scale?

Immortals are explicitly built to reduce damage above a certain threshold, so they scale in durability at least.

Siege Tanks don't scale at all, if the cinematic showing it barely even making an Ultralisk flinch is any indication.

Lurker, idk.

Immortals scaling to durability only is fine with me. It should be noted that only their shield is that level, though. Once broken they are normal.

Lurkers are probably in line with Siege Tanks.

Yeah, but that is just game function. I think as an alternate Lurker strain they shouldn't scale. So no one has problems with the Ultra, Thor, Colossus, and Archon going to High 6-C? Should we get an Admin to look over these upgrades?

Holy crap this got forgotten. We should probably just go ahead and do this. I don't see a problem with it.

I haven't watched, and currently can not watch, the clip, nor do I remember the scene much from memory, but do the Ultralisks survive the nukes head on or just adapt to their radioactive after effects? Its the latter that they're trying to absorb IIRC. If they do survive them head on then I don't see much of an issue.

Also, how come Immortals don't scale in AP? To my knowledge Immortals are more often treated as being used to counter big units like Ultralisks while the Colossus is used to deal with swarms with smaller threats. Granted, I don't remember how the Immortal was introduced in LotV, but I'm certain that was the main reason you were given the Colossus in the mission you receive it. Not saying the Colossus shouldn't scale or anything, but it just seems odd to leave the Immortal out.

EDIT: Finally home to watch it, and yeah that's a direct hit. The ultras and those comparable should scale.

I find it very interesting that the nuke itself did next to no damage at all to the Ultralisks, only the Radiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back