• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Hybrid and other heroes never really got stronger or at least astronomically as so from High 6-C to High 6-A in terms of concrete evidence. They simply scale to Kerrigan for proving to he a serious threat to her. Zeratul never went on a training montage for example. It's just StarCraft scaling everyone together again. Which is why I believe scaling the 2 keys together rather than making 2 separate keys is better. The old StarCraft folks here just did the 2 keys because they didn't know how to tackle the issue.

It's not like High 6-A is even an outlier. Zurvan truly believed that Amon could rip apart worlds as he witnessed him do it according to his memories. And Kerrigan even believed that she has the potential to do it herself hyperbole or not. She still made the 2nd High 6-A psionic storm in SC lore history.

Amon's host body is the strongest thing that ever entered the normal physical universe in SC lore. And the Golden Armara easily atomized him after they took away his invulnerability from the Void Shards.

Which is why I believe Tier 6 base ships are valid to try and make sense of the relationships between the ships and heroes. While Kerrigan can telekinetically destroy a Battlecruiser, that doesn't mean she's immune to their firepower, The Gorgon proved to be too massive for both Restored and Primal Kerrigan. And normal BCs are confirmed to have ship-to-ship nuclear weapons and have been calced to peak at around 2-7 exatons which is far higher than Kerrigan's pettatons. Lower end scaling put Carrier purification at baseline High 6-B to around 600+ pettatons. And there's implied purification beam tanking from both Liberty's Crusade and the Dark Templar Saga.

Last edited:
Amon's host body is the strongest thing that ever entered the normal physical universe in SC lore. And the Golden Armara easily atomized him after they took away his invulnerability from the Void Shards.
Uhhhh, the Golden Armada was still under his control at the time and afterwards, it was the combined effort of the Spear of Adun, the Purifier ship, and the Death Fleet that took him down and it was not easily.

Oops, wrong fleet. But regardless the point stands, the Daelaam combined fleet easily atomized Amon. By a non-purification bombardment.

They clearly stated that they didn't wanna use the full might of their ships to not glass Aiur.

Even a single frame from the SC1 Remastered's Carrier beam iirc has a larger impact on a planet than that combined assault from the Daelaam. I'll go and try to find the scan later.

Found some, one of them is a SC2 promotional image and the other is from the Frontline comics.

Carrier 1 Carrier 2 Carrier 3

Last edited:
The Hybrid and other heroes never really got stronger or at least astronomically as so from High 6-C to High 6-A in terms of concrete evidence. They simply scale to Kerrigan for proving to he a serious threat to her. Zeratul never went on a training montage for example. It's just StarCraft scaling everyone together again. Which is why I believe scaling the 2 keys together rather than making 2 separate keys is better. The old StarCraft folks here just did the 2 keys because they didn't know how to tackle the issue.

It's not like High 6-A is even an outlier. Zurvan truly believed that Amon could rip apart worlds as he witnessed him do it according to his memories. And Kerrigan even believed that she has the potential to do it herself hyperbole or not. She still made the 2nd High 6-A psionic storm in SC lore history.
That's not what I meant. I was asking if the two Hybrid that Kerrigan fought Post-Purification, the one that you sent scans for, were weaker than the Hybrid that Primal Queen of Blades Kerrigan fought in Ulnar when she met Artanis

Same hybrids, Narud and Mengsk were in Prometheus Station. Also fun fact, they have a special command sound or something that makes them docile at the push of a button. However that was never used in canon, and the Hybrid mind controlled entire armies of Terrans anyways. The first known case of Hybrids mind controlling people was in the Sector Six short story. And even the Hybrid in that story mind controlled people even when it was still in stasis.

Last edited:
Okay but why did Primal Queen of Blades Kerrigan have difficulty handling one Hybrid in Ulnar when she easily took down two Hybrid when she was purified?
Because she was fighting them for literal days or weeks, I can't remember exactly, but Kerrigan has limited stamina, especially when she's getting zerged(heh) by Hybrid with litte to no rest.

Days. The Zealot actually has a higher stamina peak from Cold Symmetry funny enough (This should scale to her too). He was running at Supersonic speeds for a week. It wasn't straight though. He stopped to watch for patrols and such while also taking some short breaks here and there.

Kerrigan also came in the cutscene with an already dead Hybrid above her that she killed.

Last edited:
Found some scans of Carriers being able to choose their beam power as the War Pigs comics describe them as being very "methodical." This was later proven correct as they didn't completely incinerate the planet at once since they were giving time for Raynor to escape.

Carrier Scan 0 Carrier Scan 1 Carrier Scan 2 Carrier Scan 3 Carrier Scan 4

This seems to be around the lower ends of purification, as something like this is their higher end. (The ending of the comic is also pretty much the same fate of the planet below)

Carrier High End

Last edited:
I think AssaultWaffle more or less made that decision because it is a known fact that Primal Queen of Blades Kerrigan is much stronger than WoL Kerrigan who is much stronger than SC1/Brood War Kerrigan. Which even back then, Kerrigan was implied to be much stronger than any of the Protoss Heroes in terms of raw power; and especially in WoL where she literally can oneshot any vehicle or ship with her telekinesis. But this was despite Primal Queen of Blades Kerrigan commonly struggling against foes that various Protoss Heroes could fight single. But if it's due to being exhausted, that would more or less have me questioning if anyone would be scaled from her. Besides, it's always been fairly contradictory for Protoss Heroes to be stronger than Kerrigan given the official WoL prophecy stuff about Kerrigan being their only hope against Amon. Though this may be due to her eventual Ascended Xel'naga form.

Though, I know there do exist specialized Battlecruisers that are so tough, not even Protoss Heroes or Kerrigan could harm it

WoL Kerrigan is the same as Brood War Kerrigan. There wasn't any explicit power boost she got but I can see where you're coming from and you can argue that she also augmented herself when she was experimenting on her Zerg for new upgrades and units. Artanis is pretty much a different person in SC2 given he has matured and likely trained a lot after the shame of defeats from SC1 as it's been noted that Zealot training got more intense after the Brood War due to losing Aiur so I actually can believe he can scale to Kerrigan through that. Alarak's also another easy example since he's pretty much just under Ulrezaj and Kerrigan in terms of power for me. He's a void user and one of the strongest ones at that. Zeratul could have killed Restored Kerrigan during their reunion in the Leviathan after he mindhaxed her. So I believe there's still some grounds for only the Protoss and hybrid scaling to Kerrigan.

I don't know any specialized Battlecruisers out there that's practically invincible, the only one she's shocked at in canon was the Gorgons.

Last edited:
That's what I pretty much meant was the Gorgons. Also, that is pretty much evidence that Artanis got much stronger specifically, but Zeratul doesn't really have any lore for getting stronger. But he did face WoL Kerrigan but it finished before it was concluded. He mananged to cut off one of her tentacles, but her psionic powers did at one point force him to retreat. In HotS, I do agree Zeratul was implied to be stronger because he could have killed her easily but chose not to.

Stronger? Questionable, however he is considerably more skilled given his age and experience. He even outskilled Tassadar before in their first fight iirc.

Zeratul doesn't really have any lore for getting stronger. But he did face WoL Kerrigan but it finished before it was concluded. He mananged to cut off one of her tentacles, but her psionic powers did at one point force him to retreat.
Wouldn't Zeratul cutting one of Kerrigan's Wing Talons be not that impressive given that Protoss energy blades have Durability Negating properties?

IIRC Warp Blades are more powerful than Psi Blades due to the addition of Void Energy

Perhaps, but he is hero tier for being portrayed to be capable of fighting Kerrigan.

Kerrigan overpowered him in their first fight with telekinesis and Zeratul can take all her hits decently in their 2nd fight from a stronger Kerrigan and waited for the perfect moment to strike her with mind fuckery.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dark Templar due negate durability and also possess the power to bypass the High regeneration of Cerebrates and the Overmind. But he does still possess Psionic power levels comparable to other Protoss Heroes and was able to match Kerrigan from time to time.

IMO

Zeratul's Physical Stats are comparable to or above Purified Kerrigan due to him taking multiple Psionic enhanced hits from that Kerrigan

While his Warp Blade scales to QoB Kerrigan, Primal QoB Kerrigan, Hybrid, LoTV Artanis, etc.

As for his Psionics, his should be comparable to Artanis' due to the both of them being capable of powering Zeratul's Warp Blade

Overmind and Cerebrates have high regen? I thought they only scaled to Torasque Ultralisks with High-Mid Regen. But I guess it makes sense when you factor in that they regenerate and reincarnate from Dragoon fire that shoots Anti-Matter blasts.

And oh yeah that reminds me, since Artanis is capable of activating Zeratul's Master Warp Blade. He gets to join the Void Manipulation club now lol.

Cerebrates are stated to pretty much be unkillable due to their regeration. And not even nukes or atomic destruction via Psionic Storms are able to kill them permanately; only Dark Templar. The Overmind is similar but better.

Matter Manipulation, Anti-Matter Manipulation and Mind Manipulation from what I know. They have 5 methods of ignoring durability counting in Psionics and Void Manipulation.

Their level of Regen is gone now though since all Overminds and Cerebrates went extinct. They still retain Type 1, 3 (Low-Mid only aside from High-Mid Ultralisks), 4 and 8 Immortalities for people like Zagara and Kerrigan (Zerg don't die of old age according to Stetmann's logs, they can recover from mortal wounds, Torasque Ultralisks, and Zagara's essence keeps her alive to always respawn at nearby Hatcheries). Zagara tells you that you killed her a couple times in the first char mission. She says she'll keep coming back no matter how many times you kill her. Considering Zerg are the Purity of Essence, hero tier units like Zagara will always respawn to nearby hatcheries as long as her essence lives. General Warfield comments on this too with Kerrigan with him being surprised of her not staying dead. Cerebrates and Overmind gets all of these but better, Kerrigan and Zagara too but worse since their regeneration is far worse for them.

Last edited:
Anybody know how large the Koprulu sector is?

The only things I recall about it is that it's:

60,000 LY from Earth & located in the galactic fringe of the Milky Way Galaxy

I'm asking because this could more or less upgrade some of the profiles' Telepathic Range, Extrasensory Range, etc.

Nobody knows, but planets like Zerus are outside of it as it's in around the center of the galaxy for them. They've shown many multiple star systems so they should be around Multi-Solar System levels.

So these are more or less the choices I can think of for their range:

Interstellar: 4.22 - 50,000 LY

The distance from Earth to the nearest star (Proxima Centauri) is 4.2 light years.
50,000 LY is the radius of the Milky Way (radius of our galaxy).

Galactic: 50,000 - 2,500,000 LY

The radius of our galaxy, the Milky Way in 50,000 LY.

Kinda nuts that the StarCraft Milky Way Galaxy (At Least 60,000 LY, likely Higher) is larger than IRL Milky Way Galaxy (50,000 LY Radius)

Last edited:
Another thing: The Spear of Adun's Star Map/Chart/ Celestial Array
A celestial array is a protoss navigation tool used for starships (or at least the Spear of Adun). It facilitates travel between different planets and star systems. When activated, it displays an image that covers the entire area its in, that also encompasses those accessing it. It is able to cover the entire Milky Way.

There's Multi-Solar-System range for Nova as she's either planetary or interstellar for her nukes. Since from the manual's interpretation of the destruction of Korhal. The apocalypse class nukes were launched from literal solar systems away and the Uprising interpretation puts it at planetary for BCs nuking it from orbit.

Abathur and Kerrigan also does Evolution missions lightyears away. Since we rarely ever get to be right next to the Evolution mission locations.

I lean towards Interstellar more, as Kaldir shows us that even the Protoss have limits on their range. As they're forced to use psi-link spires to try and connect with the Daelaam Protoss.

All the factions get interstellar communications range, the limit however is unknown.

Something that I recalled about Terran FTL
the UED was able to make a 60,000 light year trip to the Koprulu Sector in less than a year in 2500[16] whereas it had taken the original supercarriers twenty-eight years to do so in the original colonization mission.[5]
UED: 60,000 LY ÷ 365 Days = 164.38 LY/Day = 6.85 LY/Hr

UEP: 60,000 LY ÷ 10,220 Days = 5.87 LY/Day

IIRC Post Brood War the Dominion were able to reverse engineer some UED tech (Using Valkyrie designs to create the Liberator), so it's possible that their FTL capabilities would also improve.

Some rough maths

6.85 LY ÷ 60 Minutes = 0.1141666667 LY/Min

0.1141666667 LY ÷ 60 Seconds = 0.0019027778 LY/Sec

0.0019027778 LY/Sec = 18,001,682,119.205298013245033113KM/Sec

Judging from the VSWB's Speed Ratings

UED FTL would be FTL+

Found a calc that places Terrans at 788,400c per year and the escape from Mar Sara cutscene at 33,444,716.4 light years per year. That's the slowest speed too accordingly since Terrans possibly have the slowest warp speed due to being the least attuned with them naturally. Even the Zerg are actually better with them considering they can open worm holes that fits entire swarms, although unknown for Leviathans for how much they scale. Nevertheless they're still pretty capable in warp travel.

Terran Warp Speed Calc

Last edited:
Some Marines feats.

Marines can fight Mutalisks
Underwater Marines
Terran tech being submersible
A Ghost rifle easily penetrating the armored cockpit of a Goliath
A Marine killing a Goliath via action man skills

All 3 factions seems to be perfectly capable of underwater operations. The Protoss sealed away Collosus underwater and got up easily when Zeratul repowered the abandoned Nexus point in Aiur during WoL, and according War Pigs the Zerg can make aquatic bases and even evolve to swim through water based planets pretty well from the Aquatic Brood Lord skin.

Back