• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What better way to start this CRT than to cue the most badass theme in any movie ever

So this CRT is going to mainly be focusing on downgrading the characters from Pacific Rim

Currently, we have the high tiers of the verse, such as the category V Kaiju and Mark-6 Jagers scaled to City Level+ due to scaling off of Operation Pitfall's nuclear bomb, with Slattern surviving this nuke point blank and other category V kaiju being scalable. Now, I'm not going to argue that Slattern doesn't scale to the nuke. She obvoiusly does. The nuke just isn't as strong as the calculation claims though

According to the Pacific Rim Wiki, the bomb used only had a 1.2 megaton yeild, not a 58 megaton yeild. "Using their connections back home, Russian Rangers Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky were able to procure a thermonuclear bomb for Pentecost to use in the mission. The bomb, with a yield equivalent to 1.2 megatons of TNT, would be attached to the back of the Australian Jaeger Striker Eureka."

This was also stated on Scientific American when they were looking at the physics behind detonating a nuke underwater, so this number seems to be consistant with most sources I can find. Where this number was actually stated, I don't know. My best guess though is that it comes from The Official Movie Novelization or from Man, Machines, & Monsters. Or it was just stated somewhere in the movie and we all just missed it.

This would obviously nerf the category V Kaiju and the Mark-6 Jagers to Small City level. I also think this would nerf the other Jagers and Kaiju we see as well. Currently, a majority of Kaiju and Jagers scale to baseline Small City level due to upscaling from Trespasser, who created a 7.1 magnitude earthquake, which is 673.6096872 Kilotons of TNT, or Large Town level+. Now yes, the other Kaiju we see in the movie are stronger than Trespasser. This is confirmed through guidebooks as the category II Onibaba has a higher strength stat than Trespasser, and most of the Kaiju we see Jagers fight fall into category III or IV. But I really don't see why they would upscale that much. Knifehead has a power ranking of 7, making him 2 rankings above Trespasser, or about 1.4 times stronger (assuming that's how the power levels work in Pacific Rim), putting him only at 943.05356208 kilotons, still only Large Town level+. Knifehead ******* ripped Gipsy Danger apart and Gipsy only barely won. This strength level is consistant with some category IV kaiju as well who can give massive trouble to Jagers like Gipsy and Striker

It also wouldn't make sense for Category II - IV Kaiju to scale to baseline Small City level because a category IV kaiju & Striker got one-shotted by a 1.2 megaton nuke. If they scaled to baseline Small City level (1 megaton), then they shouldn't have been so easily killed by a nuke barely even 1.2x their AP

TL;DR: The nuke Striker had would only be 1.2 megatons of TnT (Small City level), and the higher tiers such as category V Kaiju & Mark-6 Jagers should scale to that value as well. Category II - IV Kaijus and Mark 3 - 5 Jagers would scale to high-end Large Town level+ due to upscaling from Trespasser, who can create magnitude 7.1 earthquakes, which according to a previous CRT is 637.6 Kilotons of TnT (Though an actual calc should probably be made rather than just relying on the CRT)

This makes sense to me, and yeah, idk why they’re upscaling to Low 7-B from such a decent gap. “High 7-C” for everyone except Category V Kaiju and Mark 6 Jaegers due to being superior to Trespasser seems fair, and then everything that’s 7-B goes to Low 7-B.

This makes sense to me, and yeah, idk why they’re upscaling to Low 7-B from such a decent gap. “High 7-C” for everyone except Category V Kaiju and Mark 6 Jaegers due to being superior to Trespasser seems fair, and then everything that’s 7-B goes to Low 7-B.
I was the one responsible, it was around the time where upscaling gaps were a lot smaller. Looking back it was kinda dumb.

So far universal agreement. I think we just need staff to approve it (unless if Emirp sumitpo counts, then we're golden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back