• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StarCraft High Tiers Upgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
After a recent calc done by myself and revised by Darkanine, Sarah Kerriga's High 7-A feat is actually High 6-A when using KE. This would call for an upgrade to not only Sarah herself but also to Artanis, Alarak, Alexei Stukov, Hybrid Reaver, Hybrid Destroyer, Leviatha, Scourge, and the Carrier.

They can finally drop the "at least" since the gap in High 6-A is huge and the Carriers also are at surface wiping High 6-A, meaning unless they got upgraded anything higher on Kerrigan would be an outlier.

Any thoughts about how this should be approached or would this just be a quick scaling change?

You already know this, but if the calc is accepted then yeah I agree with the changes.

Also those are the wrong Leviathan and Scourge pages.

I agree with the high tier upgrades; although, did I hear the lower tiers are going to be downgraded to just Building Level as opposed to Large Buidling Level+?

Yes. Vaporization people are being nerfed. I may try to find something calcable later, but for now the bottom tiers are falling down.

It's alright, I ready know that Boba Fett and various Halo characters are aslo being downgraded for the same reasons. But I mean for example, the High Templar's original calc was 12 Gigajoules scaling from the 3 Gigajoule atomization formula. Using the 300 Megajoule vaporization formula would still be like 1.2 Gigajoule or 300 kilograms of TNT roughly, Building Level. Seems reasonable.

But I suppose that's off topic; the Multi-Continent Level Kerrigan and the others I strongly support.

If the calculation has been accepted, I think that an upgrade seems in order, yes.

I am not familiar enough with the franchise to be able to help you with figuring out which other characters that should be scaled from the feat however.

Should the carrier only have two keys instead of three? Since they're pretty much Multi-Continent level at base.

Please explain further. I am not familiar with this franchise.

Well, everyone else was already upgraded from High 7-A to High 6-A. Carrier is currently rated as at least High 7-A at base due to being invulnerable to all the Hero Units such as Kerrigan and Artanis; who are now High 6-A. But then we have a certain weapon that's ranked as Continent Level due to forming a massive crater on a planet's surface, and a Multi-Continent rating is the third key, multiple Carriers due to burning a planet's surface.

I personally think multiple Carrier key or that Continent Level weapon are both unnecsary to have if a single Carrier is already at least Multi-Continent Level via power scaling. Anyway, I was mainly waiting for AssaultWaffle's input.

I'll explain.

The Carrier is a massive battleship that has small ships called Interceptors in addition to its primary weapons and Purification Beam. The previous Multi-Continent feat (wiping the crust from a planet) required several carriers to perform. Now that they are normally Multi-Continent, the key of them "as a group" would be redundant.

However this is not necessarily the case. It could simply be changed to "at least" with their planet-burning feat as supporting evidence. Also, I could probably calc their power as being comparable to Cybros, which shows video of the planet-burning. I imagine throwing continents with waves of seering energy at hypersonic speeds may yield slightly higher results than High 6-A.

I'll get to that later, tho. I am tired. Imo the key can stay, but should be changed to "At least High 6-A" until I see if their feat gives better results.

EDIT: Just did a really fast and rough calc. Not writing up a blog for it, but based on this it seems like melting the crust of an Earth-like planet would be Low 5-B.

@Assaltwaffle

Okay. Do what you think is best then.

Oh yeah, forgot to explain the interceptor part, but yeah; they're only like Building Level scaling from the Marines. And yeah, I'm alright with the key staying, but they're both just "at least High 6-A" due to being invulnerable to other High 6-A characters. And usually repeating keys that have the same teirs often lead to reduncy. Majin Buu having 8 keys was an example of that.

And alright, rest well.

I awoke 3 hours ago. It isn't time for me to sleep yet. We live in different parts of the world after all.

Sorry, was telling Assualt Waffle, but I do wish you well as well @Ant. Anyway, I'll let him decide what to do when he gets back.

Back