• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StarCraft Major Revision Thread Attempt 2

Ok that last one just died off since not many people were debating anymore and conflicting opinions never reaching a consensus so let's try again and hopefully get at least some sort of result. Since the powers and abilities section is at least mostly done right now for everything I could gather and the others did, This will primarily be a scaling discussion thread.

Tier 9-8 Scaling for Infantry and Light-Medium Vehicles

Currently there's at least 2 camps right now but for the sake of simplicity it's 9-A infantry scaling vs High 8-C to 8-B infantry scaling. Diamond Drone believes in 9-A scaling via his calcs on stuff like projectile speeds and caliber, Firebats char'ing Zerglings with 3 attacks ingame and a Marauder destroying rocks with 8 rockets. I can see and admit to the reasonings of these to be pretty nice and consistent since he actually calced all these and such.

However I personally disagree. Marines and Zealots the lowest tier units in the game, are canonically capable of destroying lower tier vehicles like Dragoons consistently during SC1 (Zerglings chomping Immortals who have the same durability as normal Dragoons both physically and via their normal shielding but just doesn't scale to their specialized shielding) and Goliaths who are definitely closer to the tier 8 scaling from Banelings and High Templar. Marines can fight Mutalisks and the Banshee art book description explicitly says that Marines are used as support for the Banshees to take out air targets for them. Vikings were killed in the first mission of WoL via both the Marines and the civilians rising up. Zealots also upscale from Marines and Zerglings but still in the same tier due to them never losing in a 1v1 and still being capable of dying from them. There has never been any case of a Zealot getting his shield broken by a single Marine before the Zealot kills him and I spoke to the wiki mod Subsourian of the starcraft wiki before and he said that the Zealot dying to 3 Banelings in the LotV trailer was apparently a reference to how much it can tank at the time in versus mode so there's that to think about but unfortunately neither of us has the interview files for that one at least for now if I ever can find it. Marines are almost often portrayed to just rely on their Gauss Rifles to kill things from Zerglings to even Goliaths as rocket launchers and grenade launchers rarely ever get mentioned. Marauders serve as a support upgrade on enhancing Marine firepower when Gauss Rifles alone aren't optimal. As I said before in the previous CRT, I firmly believe in 8-B StarCraft as it makes the High 8-C calcs easier to manage by upscaling them to 8-B. Despite field manual saying that Nydus Worms aren't that durable for their size, I think that's more on the fact that Marine fire and such are capable of harming it. Banelings certainly don't 1 shot it So I firmly believe that via all the High 8-C calcs, low tiers being capable of destroying vehicles and light aircraft, and Banelings being deemed weak against Roaches, Marauders, and Stalkers in the field manual artbook which is supported by even a short story called In The Dark which said that the banelings alone weren't enough for killing the stalkers and immortals, I stand on the 8-B side.

Tier 7-6 Scaling for Heavy Tier Vehicles and High Level Heroes

For this one we have Town Level+ and High 6-C Motherships plus Leviathans to them via Diamond Drone's estimations. On paper this looks pretty good given the kiloton and megaton statements we have about ships in both field manual and novels like Evolution. But again, I personally disagree with them like how the Infinity Gauntlet is often described as Universal in stories but is often portrayed to be way beyond that by feats like destroying M-Body abstracts like Eternity.

I believe in At least High 6-C, possibly/likely High 6-A for many profiles due to the fact that while stuff like normal BCs are inferior to Kerrigan, they should still be at least be capable of damaging her as if Immortals can destroy hybrids who can pierce through a tired Kerrigan, so can BCs and Siege Tanks as they were hunted down after the End War to remove Amon's legacy from the universe. Siege Tanks can also pierce BC shielding and has an entire short story about killing a Collosus by itself with siege mode in Momentum. Kerrigan couldn't have done everything she did by herself as she needed an army to cover her flanks and deal with multiple opponents as once. It's reasonable to assume that heavy tier units can at least harm her to a decent extent as that would leave Kerrigan invincible to the Dominion. Carriers and other ships like Void Rays were also apart of the bombardment squad that atomized Amon's body when we destroyed his void shards and as seen in the War Pigs comics, they can adjust their fire potency which allowed Raynor the time he needed to escape the planet's purification. Scourges are definitive High 6-A as they consistently destroy aircraft and cripple capital ships such as BC, even Primal Kerrigan was forced to use them against Gorgons due to their sheer size. Scourges also wounded Ulrezaj (A Dark Archon comprised of 7 DTs) who is likely comparable to the Twilight Archons who did the same storm feat as Kerrigan when she just awoken as a Primal Zerg. Leviathans can also likely house Scourges within itself and tank a few hits from them. They're also Kerrigan's strongest summons so they at least scale somewhat to her alongside Gorgons and Motherships. The Xanthos is definitely High 6-A as it can fight Gorgons and even kill them although it's questionable if they can truly beat a Gorgon 1v1 as they were offline for logistics and repairs. Nova defeated it with her forces which can include Battlecruisers. Banshee rockets are noted to melt through the heaviest terran armor known to man alongside Vikings being capable of taking down capital ships

Speed Scaling

Well this is also a tricky in a comparable sense to the AP scaling. So far we have consistent beyond hypersonic bullet timings from the previous threads such as Nova's bullet timing from dodging marine fire in Ghost Academy, Spectres dodging a hypersonic bullet from less than 9 meters away and more like Kerrigan casually stopping and redirecting bullets with her telekenisis. Although there's also the canon description of Zealots using charge to transform into pure energy and running at lightning speeds to quickly close the gap between far away opponents who think they're out of range from the Zealot's blades. Multiple users of psionic lightning that acts similar to real lightning by electrocuting people, disabling and interfering with technology, storm casting and paralyzing them and making your hair stand up before a psi storm begins.

I propose;

At least Peak Human, possibly Superhuman for normal people like Marines
Superhuman for Zergling and Hellion tier units
At least Hypersonic for Nova and Zealots plus MHS+ with charge (Zealots also get Supersonic movement speed for running around one of Aiur's moons quickly from a space battles calc)
At least Hypersonic, possibly MHS+ for High Templars and other people in a similar scale who possibly scale to them
MHS+ for heroes like Kerrigan, Tassadar, and Zeratul for their superior psionics and having multiple psionic lightning based attacks
Lightspeed Reactions Kerrigan

Also someone forgot to give the Leviathan MFTL+ Warp Travel lol. The thing literally does warp travel during cutscenes like finding the Moros and travelled to Zerus in a short amount of time which is supposedly around the center of the galaxy and is outside the Koprulu Sector according to the starcraft wiki.

Lifting Strength

This part is surprisingly pretty straight forward. As we have a good idea on the general lifting strength in the verse.

Light infantry folks scale to Raynor and Zealots who held up a neosteel door and Hydras even having a 3500 kilograms rating for their higher end weights according to sc wiki so we get ratings like At least Class1, possibly Class 5. Nova gets Class 100 for her lifting a statue that's the weight of a siege tank according to the Spectres book

High tiers are Class K via Ultralisks weight which are far larger and heavier than a siege tank with Tychus even joking about it being a 100 tons at minimum. This applies to people such as Kerrigan and Artanis

Heavy telekinesis lifting strength users like Kerrigan get Class G for her Implosion skill in WoL which kills even BCs. Idk who else this scales to aside from Amon. The Leviathan gets this too due to being physically 11 kilometers long and carrying entire armies of Zerg.

Intelligence

Let's try to actually get intelligence ratings that aren't simply labeled as "High" lol.

My suggestions are

At least gifted for Raynor and others comparable to him like High Templars who are very knowledgeable in both books and combat via centuries of experience

Gifted for Zealots due to their age and length of training plus being capable of doing good geometry according to Cold Symmetry

Queen of Blades Kerrigan being either Genius or Extra-Ordinary Genius for picking up Zantar slugs which made up the early roaches and then Abathur later perfected it to the Roaches we know today in SC2. She also experiments on other stuff like cooperating with Abathur on creating the SC2-era Queens and was capable of spinning up a Brood Mother larva by herself

Straight up Extra-Ordinary Genius for people like Narud and Abathur - Abathur was compared to a quantum super computer by the terrans and Narud was also noted to be even beyond him plus Amon designing the Overmind with his own smarts alongside his followers.

Last edited:
Following for now, the speed, lifting strength, and intelligence ratings all looks straightforward. But for tiers, it's still hard for me to decide given I still have thoughts about firearms and vehicles being involved in powerscaling chains, but I feel like some units having variable tiers could become a last resort if. But I'd like to go over some other things.

To liven up the chat a bit, here's some feats I've gathered after reading through the Queen of Blades novel which is a novelization of episode 2 from SC1

StarCraft void manipulation attacks and interacts with souls which are non-tangible - Zasz 1 Zasz 2 Zasz 3 Zasz 4
Raynor hits Scourges with a pistol causing shockwaves which are strong enough to stop Kerrigan's forces (Also some sound manipulation for Kerrigan) - Scourges Exploding 1 Scourges Explosion 2 Scourges Explosion 3
Tassadar described to be lightning fast blitzing Raynor's targetting systems and Zeratul being even faster - Templar Speed
More psionic healing - Tassadar Medic
Pre SC1 High 6-A feat - Nerazim Tribes Almost Destroying Aiur
Dream Manipulation for Kerrigan - Dreamer Kerrigan Dreamer Kerrigan 2
Dream Manipulation also for Zeratul and being capable of resisting it with great effort - Zeratul Sleeper
Light Manipulation for people like Kerrigan and Tassadar - Holy Light Darkness Resisting Light Aura
Tassadar did the Shadow Walk and learned void abilities like invisibility and darkness manipulation - Tassadar Stealth
Raynor using a ghost rifle to dispatch Zerg air units, there wasn't any direct feat from normal gauss rifles against air units but it's implied as the Terrans and Protoss worked together to enhance their combat effectiveness like Zealots tanking and Marines shooting down Zerg in the backlines and also likely air units - Snipes
Tassadar's energy manipulation being so good he can make psi blades/bands that can reach the sky and slice down air units and Zeratul making a darkness construct blocking Zerg fliers - Tassadar Might
Tassadar's Aura causing fear within the Zerg - Chad Energies
Resistance to Durability Negation plus Void Manipulation with her empowering herself in psionic energy and Instinctive Reactions for Kerrigan - Kerrigan Parrying Both Zeratul and Tassadar
Zeratul's Illusions being so good that the ship the Zerg destroyed was physical - Fake Void Seeker

A High Templar description from the old sc2 website before they revamped it to the modern version also implies High Templar can be former Zealots as Tassadar has nice hand to hand skills and did many acrobatics in Char's canyons better than his Zealots did. Which means we can also scale Zealot abilities to High Templars.
- Templar Stats

Interview further reinforcing Kerrigan has immortality like how Zagara can come back to life - This Means Warfield's Shock of Kerrigan Reincarnating Being Canon

Precognition in StarCraft is also potent enough to see glimpses into the future and become clairvoyance when focused enough - Precog 1 Precog 2 Precog 3

Lightspeed Reactions Kerrigan - Kerrigan

Protoss should also get resistance to biological manipulation and disease manipulation due to being immune to the Zerg Hyperevolutionary Virus and them not being capable of being assimilated into Swarm naturally (Outside of Narud with his immense knowledge, powers and tech) via their genetics, the khala and the void.

Everyone also gets resistance to heat due to being capable of fighting and surviving in space and many other places like high snow planets such as Braxis and the cosmic heat of a sun especially during Supernova. Gravity manipulation also applies to everyone due to being fine in 0 G environments aside from the Zerg as they're less consistent about it aside from exception.

High Templar should get a far higher rating with psi storm btw as its true power for 1 average templar is unknown and we never saw a big full power one in the lotv trailer and only a small one at best. They should be comparable to the nerazim tribes that almost destroyed Aiur and the conclave dispersed them but with heavy cost according to Queen of Blades.

Last edited:
Waited for over a few months now for someone to answer my request. But now I've finally gotten my results because I did a calc commission from someone called Luci.

"https://web.archive.org/web/2022061...twaffle/StarCraft:_Leviathan_Impaler_Tentacle So this calc is actually incorrect. They state how Leviathan is 10 kilometers in size when in actuality, https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Leviathan the StarCraft Field Manual states the Leviathan is around 6.7 kilometers in length. Now, the actual math. As the calcer did the pixel scaling for me, I see no reason to touch it. As they said, "The Leviathan's tentacles starts at co-ordinates 550x209 and ends at co-ordinates 302x189. This indicates a movement of 248 pixels horizontally, and 20 pixels vertically. The hypotenuse, and thus distance, is 248.81 pixels. The diameter of the tentacle is 9 pixels. The Leviathan itself is 175.54 pixels. Knowing the Leviathan is 10,000 meters, we find each pixel to be 56.967 meters, indicating tentacle length to be 14173.959 meters and the diameter to be 512.703 meters / 256.352 meter radius." In simpler words, using 6 700 m for the Leviathan's length, we get a value of 38.17 m/Pixel. This makes the actual tentacle length 9 496.56 m with a diameter of 343.51 m and a radius of 171.76 m. With the cylinder formula that the calcer used, I get the following. V = πr²h V = π(171.76)²(9 496.56) V = 880 113 401.59 m³ using the same density the calcer used, 985 kg/m³, we get the following mass. Mass = (880 113 401.59)(985) = 866 911 700 569.95 kg Now, the Kinetic Energy. The calcer says the following. "We already have distance, thanks to the previous paragraph, but we also need time. Using watchframebyframe I can determine the time taken for the tentacle to fully deploy to be 0.31 seconds, as it began to move at 1:03:72 and got to the final position at 1:04:03." With the more accurate distance of 9 496.56 m and the time frame of 0.31 seconds, we can get the velocity. Velocity = Distance/Time Velocity = 9 496.56/0.31 = 30 634.065 m/s or Mach 89.31 Now, for the hollowness to be taken into account. The calcer used 80% and 50% for the low and high end, respectively. Low Mass = (866 911 700 569.95)(0.2) = 173 382 340 113.99 kg High Mass = (866 911 700 569.95)(0.5) = 433 455 850 284.98 kg With the masses acquired, we can move on to the actual Kinetic Energy formula. KE = 1/2mv² Low KE = 1/2(173 382 340 113.99)(30 634.065)² Low KE = 8.14e19 J 19.46 Gigatons of TNT High KE = 1/2(433 455 850 284.98)(30 634.065)² High KE = 2.03e20 48.61 Gigatons of TNT 19.46 - 48.61 Gigatons of TNT or Island Level."

A downgrade from the previous 380 gigatons but I'll take it, we're more or less Genshin tier right now for lower end tier 6. Does anyone know how to make a calc blog post? Calc man told me to just copy paste this into the wiki because he doesn't like posting here for disagreement reasons.

A lot of profiles would now be 6-C to High 6-A for the scaling chain of tier 6. We now have all the calcs we need to bring forth a major verse-wide revision for all the characters in the starcraft section of the wiki. Tier 8 was already complete, tier 6 was the final piece of the puzzle that was missing their crucial piece.

I already accepted speed, lifting strength, and intelligence updates.

As for their tiers, I feel like some other lower tiered units might need some things to take into accounts such as Guass Rifles having piecing damage. Zerglings also usually destroy vehicles and stuff like that when they're in large groups and their teeth and claws are also piercing damage to an extent. But, given they're common units and also seem to have notable inconsistencies with some occasionally feeling stronger than others. I think variable tiers perhaps could work for them given some good points made by Diamond Drones and Not Icarus. Where as units that have their own tier 8 feats as well as those who are officially bigger/stronger on the list would upscale. Hero units of any given group should also upscale from the high end portrayals.

As for Heavy Hitting units, Siege Tanks and Ultralisks admittedly have their share of inconsistencies and the former does have less firepower than the nukes that have their own consistent Tier 7 calcs + statements. And other capital ships do have their main Tier 7 statements combined with being comparable to other ships or units with their own Tier 6 feats. Though keep in mind, it's often for units to destroy large ships via infuriating them from the inside out, or via bombarding them in large groups. It's commonly brought up by other staff members that using a large group of small ships/vehicles to take on a single large ship wouldn't be something to downscale to other those smaller ships. Also, the earlier High 6-A feat seems like something that may have been down over time and in large quantities, unlike Primal Kerrigan doing hers all at once. Though, I do think it reasonable for Gorgons and Xanthos to be High 6-A if they're like so durable even Kerrigan and Protoss Heroes couldn't really damage them. Twilight Archons are also High 6-A if they can do the same storm feat Kerrigan can do.

For Marines and Zerglings they use mainly piercing damage to do all their damage and feats like killing Marauders (who have building busting statements), Roaches, Goliaths and Dragoons. We consistently destroy buildings in missions with regular troops especially missions like the Moebius Factor where we had to demolish entire sky scrapers with our troops. Even the stranded Marines we rescued commented on how they also wanted to help in bringing them down. Idk any other ways they do damage for the most part aside from that. We already have the calcs for tier 8 like 8-B. The only thing left to decide for lower end basic tier is to figure out what tier to give them below that. The lower end stuff affects Marines and Zerglings. Possibly Zealots too but they're usually portrayed closer to Dragoon and Stalker tier/early mech.

On the sidenote I don't believe Raynor and Tychus actually upscale or at least much from their normal counterparts as they only use slightly updated/modified suits in comparison. They still use the same guns as them usually.

With the heavy tiers, we now know that stuff like the Hybrids are at least 6-C, possibly/likely High 6-A due to them consistently harming heroes and proving to be a threat to them. Capital ships like Battlecruisers definitely scale to them due to sheer size and firepower. Idk what tier we're gonna give them if we give them some tier 7 stuff. I'm probably gonna change the Scourge to at least 6-C, likely High 6-A for consistency and how they consistently thrash heavy tiers like Gorgons, Ulrezaj and other capital ships. I reread the comic the Twilight Archon was in it was actually just 1 Twilight Archon who did the High 6-A feat. They even did nuclear explosions a page or 2 before the High 6-A storm feat happened in the battlefield during their transformation due to their sheer psionic might. The Nerazim tribes nearly destroying Aiur was described to be a sudden uncontrollable maelstrom of power that got out of hand when they did it. There's no specified timeframe but it was implied to be relatively quick due to how sudden it was. The closest point of reference we have is Kerrigan with her storm. Only this time their storm is stronger since it covered the whole planet rather than just a section of it.

"Adun was unable to bring himself to execute the Rogues. He transmitted fake recordings of the executions to the Conclave and hid the Rogues, even teaching them how to cloak. The Rogues ended up developing these abilities more quickly than Adun could teach them.[26] Unfortunately, the Rogues, still learning their powers, lacked the discipline of the Khala. They inadvertently unleashed psionic storms, which spiraled out of control on Aiur.[4] The Conclave discovered the corpses of dead Rogues, only to realize these Rogues had been depicted in the execution recordings.[26]"(Tassadar also tells us that the Conclave managed to disperse the storms but at heavy cost in the Queen of Blades novel)

Also the mega planetary psi storm doesn't scale to any singular High Templar or Dark Templar. Just warrants individual High Templars who scale to Dark Templars in psionics a "Far Higher with larger Psi Storms" due to being on par with them.

For other lower heavy tiers like Siege Tanks and Vikings, they probably get the same scaling as a above. But with at most probably for at least some of them. Siege Tanks with siege mode consistently damage and kill heavy tiers due to be proving to be a threat to almost everything. Vikings possibly get the same treatment with their missiles only too. As they're the closest Terran equivalent to Corruptors and Devourers (They're usually only seen at advance hive clusters and are deemed as a major threat to capital ships with how well they dispose of them). Vikings consistently hammer down capital ships in groups and even have mercenary groups like the Hel's Angels who are feared throughout the sector for their efficiency at taking down capital ships. Antimatter missiles are also an option for them if they want to increase their firepower and have some durability negation. There was also the time 3 Vikings downed a Colossus by themselves in a single bombing run to think about. Banshee rockets also melt through the toughest Terran armor at least for its time according to it's description.

Immortals' AP funny enough upscale from both of them and are more solid in scaling. As they have a direct 1V1 feat against hybrid.

We also have at least High Hypersonic flight speed btw for many aircraft as they can achieve escape velocity quite easily for most craft minus the Banshee which are stated to be unable to

Last edited:
Also do you have any idea or suggestions what tier should the Voice In The Darkness' planet form should be? (It's still a part of his sealed key or at least a new key in-between btw)

f8789b6b444a6b1e670f0c4b2e141978.png

I already accepted speed, lifting strength, and intelligence updates.

As for their tiers, I feel like some other lower tiered units might need some things to take into accounts such as Guass Rifles having piecing damage. Zerglings also usually destroy vehicles and stuff like that when they're in large groups and their teeth and claws are also piercing damage to an extent. But, given they're common units and also seem to have notable inconsistencies with some occasionally feeling stronger than others. I think variable tiers perhaps could work for them given some good points made by Diamond Drones and Not Icarus. Where as units that have their own tier 8 feats as well as those who are officially bigger/stronger on the list would upscale. Hero units of any given group should also upscale from the high end portrayals.

As for Heavy Hitting units, Siege Tanks and Ultralisks admittedly have their share of inconsistencies and the former does have less firepower than the nukes that have their own consistent Tier 7 calcs + statements. And other capital ships do have their main Tier 7 statements combined with being comparable to other ships or units with their own Tier 6 feats. Though keep in mind, it's often for units to destroy large ships via infuriating them from the inside out, or via bombarding them in large groups. It's commonly brought up by other staff members that using a large group of small ships/vehicles to take on a single large ship wouldn't be something to downscale to other those smaller ships. Also, the earlier High 6-A feat seems like something that may have been down over time and in large quantities, unlike Primal Kerrigan doing hers all at once. Though, I do think it reasonable for Gorgons and Xanthos to be High 6-A if they're like so durable even Kerrigan and Protoss Heroes couldn't really damage them. Twilight Archons are also High 6-A if they can do the same storm feat Kerrigan can do.
Poke

As a question for the High 6-C ratings, are there any backup feats? Because the current calc is a KE one with the feat giving no visual supporting evidence of that tier from what I can see.

As a question for the High 6-C ratings, are there any backup feats? Because the current calc is a KE one with the feat giving no visual supporting evidence of that tier from what I can see.
Yeah, that calculation method is admittedly iffy; the KE of Leviathan tentacles I mean. Perhaps upscaling them from some of the nukes might be better to use instead.

Perhaps upscaling them from some of the nukes might be better to use instead.
So just the Megaton scaling with the nuclear yield stuff? Yeah that's fine imo.

Finally for the High 6A stuff is there a UES thing going on to justify scaling the top tiers to a storm feat?

At least gifted for Raynor and others comparable to him like High Templars who are very knowledgeable in both books and combat via centuries of experience
Ngl, I feel like Genius is more than earned for Raynor, dude can plan and strategy against some pretty outlandish things like a two front battle against the zergs and protoss in early game, steal the zelgana artefact from a taldarim base with barriers that kill people on a molecular level or something like that and invade Char, the homeworld of the zerg. Genius strategist is not far-fetched.

Also just for further context, can I get the sources for the comics/novels used for some of the new justifications.

Ngl, I feel like Genius is more than earned for Raynor
I don't know how we rate commanders for combined Arma warfare. Going by the plot for the human campaign hik being Gifted or a Genius for strategy isn't outlandish. A general genius rating doesn't have backing (or at least it doesn't to the best of my knowledge).

Finally for the High 6A stuff is there a UES thing going on to justify scaling the top tiers to a storm feat?
It comes from Kerrigan's Psionic Energy; a UES that Zerg, Protoss, and Ghosts/Spectres in the SC Universe have.

I don't know how we rate commanders for combined Arma warfare. Going by the plot for the human campaign hik being Gifted or a Genius for strategy isn't outlandish. A general genius rating doesn't have backing (or at least it doesn't to the best of my knowledge).
If it was Starcraft 1, it would far more iffy, but Starcraft 2 is confirmed that the player's actions and choices are the commander's choices. In the 2 artefact mission, Raynor says "Leave the strategic choices to me" when confronting the zerg army. So every win in the campaign is due to Raynor's strategies.

But since we don't really have a standard for intelligence, I get you. I, personally, think that its fair to give the commanders genius.

University Energy Scaling. The Leviathan calc is the verse's most straightforward and only physical calc since we can't find any other good angles for it. And it's actually the lowest tier 6 calc we have as the rest are giant storm feats and apocalypse class nukes. The lowest scale we have is tier 7 and it's about 10 kilotons. Personally I recommend just taking up all the tiers like Warcraft did to ease up the effort of choosing which tiers to choose. StarCraft doesn't really have any megaton calcs and just jumps from low tier 7 to tier 6 both storywise and via calcs

Protoss units such as High Templar use it for powers such as Psionic storms; a technique that can atomize foes. Likewise, they also use it for their energy barriers and what not. Dark Templars also have their psionic energy able to null the High regeneration of a Cerebrate, which also doubles as energy for their barriers. Ghosts use Psionic energy for a wide variety of abilities such as telekinesis, psychokinesis, cloaking, but the main thing is they can also use it to make their sniper bullets stronger (Similar to how Jedi/Sith can use the Force to repel laser shots or enhance laser shots).

In Kerrigan's case, she was originally a Terran Ghost, but she grew a lot stronger when she became infested; both physically and Psionic powers wise. Psionic powers are more or less behaving similar to how the Force in Star Wars is where telekinesis is the primary use of it but has many other powers. Furthermore, other consistent statements to justify Tier 6 scaling also has some mentions that the Hybrids also have vague surface wiping power statements iirc.

If it was Starcraft 1, it would far more iffy, but Starcraft 2 is confirmed that the player's actions and choices are the commander's choices. In the 2 artefact mission, Raynor says "Leave the strategic choices to me" when confronting the zerg army. So every win in the campaign is due to Raynor's strategies.

But since we don't really have a standard for intelligence, I get you. I, personally, think that its fair to give the commanders genius.

Reaper made a nice sandbox showcasing Raynor's intelligence some time before. It's rated as gifted and I think it's fine tbh.

Protoss units such as High Templar use it for powers such as Psionic storms; a technique that can atomize foes. Likewise, they also use it for their energy barriers and what not. Dark Templars also have their psionic energy able to null the High regeneration of a Cerebrate, which also doubles as energy for their barriers. Ghosts use Psionic energy for a wide variety of abilities such as telekinesis, psychokinesis, cloaking, but the main thing is they can also use it to make their sniper bullets stronger (Similar to how Jedi/Sith can use the Force to repel laser shots or enhance laser shots).

In Kerrigan's case, she was originally a Terran Ghost, but she grew a lot stronger when she became infested; both physically and Psionic powers wise. Psionic powers are more or less behaving similar to how the Force in Star Wars is where telekinesis is the primary use of it but has many other powers. Furthermore, other consistent statements to justify Tier 6 scaling also has some mentions that the Hybrids also have vague surface wiping power statements iirc.
Going by your description that's not a UES. A full UES would require you to prove that they can physically amp themselves to that level rather than use barriers/psionic attacks. So they would need a physical tier and then a X tier with their psionics.
StarCraft doesn't really have any megaton calcs and just jumps from low tier 7 to tier 6 both storywise and via calcs
It's still a bit of a weird jump for a bunch of heavy units to all scale to one of the strongest beings in the verse, who even before her upgrade was able to force crush multiple Battlecruisers.

Reaper made a nice sandbox showcasing Raynor's intelligence some time before. It's rated as gifted and I think it's fine tbh.

Outplaying a Genius character (said character having far more resources while Raynor had far less), alongside winning the missions of his campaign sounds more than fair for a Genius rating tbh but okay.

Going by your description that's not a UES. A full UES would require you to prove that they can physically amp themselves to that level rather than use barriers/psionic attacks.
System wise, not sure if there's evidence of being full UES as opposed to Non-Physical. But there are cases where characters tank her TK attacks thus durability scaling. And she can harm the same characters with physical attacks.

Ghosts like Nova are physically superior to normal human beings and crushed metal guns with ease and can wrestle power armored marines and even shatter mechanical Zerg replicas with her bare hands. Kerrigan as a Zerg rips apart metal and giant beasts with her own body too.

Psionics are also the reason Zealots can do the same and even turn into pure energy for a microsecond to achieve lightning fast speeds to catch their opponents off guard. Zealots are trained to use their psionics to hone and improve their physicalities and skills to get stronger in battle in a white hot fury.

Going by your description that's not a UES. A full UES would require you to prove that they can physically amp themselves to that level rather than use barriers/psionic attacks. So they would need a physical tier and then a X tier with their psionics.

It's still a bit of a weird jump for a bunch of heavy units to all scale to one of the strongest beings in the verse, who even before her upgrade was able to force crush multiple Battlecruisers.

The franchise is just pretty much built this way unfortunately lol. There's even a case during SC1 where Raynor killed an SC1 Ultralisk with a ghost sniper rifle. During SC2 we kill the largest Ultralisk ever with Raynor personally in there with his new big sniper rifle in the raid team.

Ghosts like Nova are physically superior to normal human beings and crushed metal guns with ease and can wrestle power armored marines and even shatter mechanical Zerg replicas with her bare hands. Kerrigan as a Zerg rips apart metal and giant beasts with her own body too.
Being superior to a human isn't enough for a UES to my knowledge. You have to show they can dish out/take comparable power to their psionics physically. Since the levels are basically:
  • Can you prove they can equally channel energy into any aspect
  • Is that energy a baseline source all users draw from
  • Can the user physically enhance themselves without needing barriers or constructs for comparable AP
But there are cases where characters tank her TK attacks thus durability scaling. And she can harm the same characters with physical attacks.
If they have a variety of powers you all might want to make a StarCraft Psionics page.

The franchise is just pretty much built this way unfortunately lol.
F

Do these help? They use Psionics to augment their natural physical strength and endurance. But this seems to be a generalization for generic Ghosts and not Ghosts on the level of Nova & Kerrigan

There's Archons who are living psionic energy and are deemed equal Ultralisks. Both of these are heavy tier units. I'm curious of how to make a Psionics Powers page since they're all so varied and not everyone shares the same powers aside from basic ones which are better off individually listed on pages tbh. Although I can see the benefits for it such as the verse's void manipulation (also a psionic power) both physically and spiritually erasing you from existence.

Kerrigan is the most powerful known psionic user outside of Amon and she's deemed superior to Archons like the Twilight Archon even before going Primal

Back