• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of things in 06 makes no sense, it suffers from bad writing. It's also one of the reasons I'm against the downgrade, things are inconsistent in that game and the series as a whole.

Hey cal earlier you said Sonic's profile is a mess. What do you actually think Sonic should be placed at I'm very very VERY curious.

Zamasu Chan said:
Hey cal earlier you said Sonic's profile is a mess. What do you actually think Sonic should be placed at I'm very very VERY curious.
I think he's referring to the added equipment on Sonic's profile which put more fat into the P&A section which is still not as big as Kirby's.

Zamasu Chan said:
You really don't wanna know...

At the very least, I can say that I at least agree with base Sonic's tier. To put it lightly, I believe in OBD's rating on Sonic, not ours.

Enerjak durability *country level

Excuse_me.jpg

Let's avoid OBD's rating credibility. We're a different site with different people and a different outlook on feats, obviously leading to different ratings.

That said... What's left to talk about? I'm actually kind of lost on what's still being debated.

@Cal, the problem with OBD's was Merlina's feat was not considered legit; as I heard she never created a pocket Reality by simply warped Camelot. Anyway, please avoid talking about other websites.

Anyway, the variable for Chaos Emeralds varying from 5-A to 2-C was already decided to be legit. The only thing we're discussing is whether or not Solaris's 2-B upgrade scales to the Hedgehogs. Which my stance is still pretty much the same, I heavily disagree with Immeasurable speed due to the blatantly obvious inconsistencies, but am more neutral on the 2-B tier for the hedgehogs.

Now I here from both sides, Solaris was the only true instance of the Chaos Emeralds awakening 100% of their positive energy. So it can make sense for them to be 2-B, but I personally think Zamasu's reasoning are underappreciated; though I understand some things he says here and there sound iffy, but at least he's fairly open-minded. Solaris destroying "All Existence" is only mentioned in general mentioned; not regarding any of his specific forms. It's unknown if it refers too all his forms, or just his best form, but it is true that Solaris was nerfed in their fight against the Hedgehogs. That being said, no one's arguing that his final form isn't 2-B.

Another note, not sure who said this, but someone on another thread a while back mentioned some lore about the Chaos Emeralds serving as Solaris's kryptonite rather than an actual toe to toe fight. The Hedgehogs taking hits from Solaris may or may not be game mechanics and same thing could be said about the core weak spot. I'll point out weak points are case by case around here; it really depends on how it works, the portrayal if you exclude the weak point, and/or what the lore states.

If you take Link or Mario for example, the weak points are game mechanics since there are bosses that don't have weak points and, even ones that can only be harmed via weak points in gameplay are shown to be out muscled by Link or Mario respectively. But Sonic and the others are portrayed as flies getting swatted away by a grizzly bear whenever they clash or aim for spots that aren't the core.

That Kryptonite analogy just may hold some weight,which kinda points back to the wishing for specific powers to counter certain enemies. Solaris' body was made of Super-Dimensional light,The Super Trio during the battle also had attacks that were similar to it's physiology,Arrow/Spear/Shield of Light.I don't know if it's flowery language or an indicator to certain abilities.

They are never stated to be Solaris weakness' though. Mephiles even used 2 of them in his fight against Shadow, and he used all of them to merge with Iblis.

At best they are "the only thing capable of stopping him".

The Chaos Emeralds being Solaris's "kryptonite", yet Mephiles needed the Chaos Emeralds to join with Iblis to form Solaris in the first place is paradoxical.

I'll say this, I could agree with "possibly 2-B" Supers and it should be possibly at best imo. I'm still not sure about immeasurable speed though (we actually haven't talked much on this one).

No possibly. Possibly implies that there is an uncertainty to how a feat is rated. In this case, you have Solaris who is clearly 2-B because he would destroy the multiverse which is confirmed to be of that size and the hedgehogs were able to engage him in battle to defeat him.

As for the speed, the hedgehogs would've needed to have immeasurable speed to react to Solaris and deal with his temporal omnipresence.

His three weak spots existed in very specific time periods, and Solaris didn't really go all out against the Hedgehogs. Additionally, the attacks he used against the hedgehogs had finite speeds. Sonic has 0 Immeasurable speed feats. And besides, the others were still able to communicate with the hedgehogs; Amy Rose, Tails, Eggman, ect clearly don't have Immeasurable speed, so we can't really give them Immeasurable speed for the same reasons.

Him being omnipresent through time = he exists in every moment in time. Why would Solaris hold back? That makes no sense.

The argument with Amy, Tails, and Eggman talking is a terrible one. You're taking a literal trope seriously. They just serve to act as a guide to the player. Plus how would they be able to see Sonic, Shadow, and Silver across different time periods? Again, paradoxical.

and Solaris didn't really go all out against the Hedgehogs.

Based on?

Additionally, the attacks he used against the hedgehogs had finite speeds.

From the perspective of it being a game, i.e cinematic timing.

And besides, the others were still able to communicate with the hedgehogs;

The same way people can speak while in space in fiction.

The only thing that kind of holds me back from agreeing is that it sounds more like Eggman was referring more to timelines when Solaris was gonna destroy everything, not really the entire cosmology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back