• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cal Not really the best argument to make even if that were the case.

@Crimson Solaris is going to be 2-B no matter what. At this point the debate is just about the hedgehogs scaling.

No offense, and this is intended with nothing but respect for the hardworking or busy staff members, but a majority of staff disagreeing with it means nothing when a fair amount of the points weren't accurately debunked to begin with. Some didn't even give a reason, so that just makes the opposing side seem a little ridiculous.

Tfw I was hoping you guys would comment at me being trash for making a Frozen reference 7 years late but instead you took my comment too seriously...

In all seriousness, I'll repeat what I said above. Only reason Solaris stopped being an outlier before was because there were feats on that level, and even then it was questionable. Now that he's millions of times above what he was before, it's an outlier again.

Inb4 Mario has 5 2-B feats in baseform; which outnumbers Sonic's 2; no Power Stars or Pure Hearts needed

But what about Massive Zelda, Kirby, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon downgrades + Massive Dragon Ball upgrades?

Solaris is not an outlier.

You can make fun of "lol variable" if you choose but it isn't that simple. The emeralds vary from tier 5 to tier 2, a tier jump of two infinites. A 2-B feat isn't that outlandish when it's not even an infinite difference from 2-C like how 2-C is from 5-A. But more importantly, there's also the fact that emotions, especially positive ones amplify the Chaos Emeralds' power. Here, you have a corrupted deity hellbent on destroying all of existence and Sonic is dead. Everything looks hopeless, it's the end of the world. Then the seven Chaos Emeralds are found after a hectic search and after reciting a prayer, Sonic is brought back to life. As implied by Shadow and expanded upon by the guidebook, Sonic is their only hope in actually defeating Solaris. It makes sense to say that the power of the Emeralds peaked here, as the act of bringing him back to life invigorated that sense of hope and determination that not only was their friend/ally brought back to the living, but now they have that chance to save reality from Solaris's wrath.

So to dismiss Solaris as an outlier, is in my opinion downplaying the importance of the lore of the Chaos Emeralds, and doesn't serve much purpose other than to just call it an outlier for the sake of it, especially when even our Outlier page says that these can be reconciled with canon information.

Frankly, you're giving me more impetus to make a thread to contest the rating of variable with that "two infinities" bit. Every time that's said it makes me feel like this is much closer to Superman having many tier 2/1 feats while his primary showings are far less than that.

But even besides that, I'm really starting to doubt the importance of thoughts into power/positive and negative energies bit of the Emeralds. The latter might be okay, but talking to others, the former is probably far less reliable than initially assumed, for several reasons.

5-A to 2-C isn't actually "Two Infinities, it's only one "uncountable infinity" difference. 3-A to High 3-A is countable infinity difference, High 3-A to Low 2-C is uncountable number difference, and 3-A to Low 2-C is uncountable infinity.

I don't think Marvel/DC is the best example because it's full of inconsistencies with how different writers portray the characters, so you get plenty of low and high showings with the characters. They also don't have any lore that justifies a variable.

Not gonna lie, the more time goes on, the more I begin to think that the lore that justifies a variable is more a theory to justify a headcanon.

The real cal howard said:
I ain't gonna insult anyone. Nor am I gonna make a thread like...ever. I'm just voicing my opinion is all.
Yeah and your opinion is going to inspire the others into making a huge downgrade CRT for Sonic God tiers and you're no longer going to be able to hold that "count your blessings" excuse over us.

^Already debunked that. Please stop with the Phase 1 headcanons.

Shadow you haven't debunked anything... all you ever did was call my arguments arbitrary, headcanon, downplay, etc, instead of actually addressing every single point. This link that you reposted. What does it mean? All it does is tell me what happened in the story. You didn't elaborate of it or anything else. Also my arguments, I never said they were factual. If you payed attention you would see that I used words like possible, likely and probably because I know my points weren't outright said. It's called a logical assumption or an educated guess, but apparently you don't see that. Like I said before you just everything I say headcanon no matter how many times I try to explain myself. It just shows that you skim through my walls of text with repeated info that's more in depth and insult my argument just because you want your favorite verse to be downgraded. I'm not some kind of downplayer. If I was I would made a thread to downgrade everyone to 5-A months ago. I bet if all my points were for downgrading another verse, like Dragon Ball, you'd absolutely agree and give me all the kudos.

Holy shit this hedgehog gives me Post Traumatic Sonic Disorder.

@Zamasu Chan

You did have alot of assumptions about Eggman's statements though. When he was referring to standard attacks being ineffective it was one of two things,either beings with lower dimensional/finite power couldn't harm Solaris,or the Super trio's Arrow/Spear/Shield of Light were the only thing that could(attacks specifically designed to harm it's incorporeal form).Nobody knew about it's second form either,Eggman who seems to know the most about Solaris' physiology was shocked & suprised to see it revitalized & assuming all the statements he made about it's capabilities were only valid in a form he didn't even know existed is extremely fallacious.Stop with the anchoring stuff,like I said before there's no further context about it & assuming it was the light Shells is indeed taking liberties in theory territory,weather you like it or not.

Refute. Or. Concede.

Solaris constantly guards itself with "Wings of Light" throughout it's 2nd phase(something that's implied to be powerful enough to withstand it's own attacks) ,if it were unfathomly more powerful/fast/durable than what the Super Trio could dish than it would have no need for such Forcefields period.

@Zamasu Chan Nice use of appeal to motive right there. You admit that what you're saying isn't factual which is what headcanon is. Nothing states that Phase 2 specifically would destroy the multiverse. Is Phase 1 weaker than Phase 2? Yes. Is it so much weaker that it's randomly 2-C? Hell no.

Eggmans description of Super-Dimensional pysiology(body of light) seems more like a great warning than an opening for attack,the shells are also described as armor rather than a vulnerable chrysalis,the statement of all existing timelines being destroyed is made while in Phase 1,there's no reason to assume that the armor is a supressing anchor when there's no indication that it would've even reached it's 2nd phase without being heavily damaged,it would completely invalidate the threat if it just sat there waiting to gets it's anchor destroyed so it can actually destroy everthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back