• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation you gave quite frankly didn't show how it wasn't. Joining GUN does not suddenly make him protecting the people of the earth, doing what he normally does ass shown in STH's canon ending makes him protect Maria's promise. Letting the past go is not going to suddenly make him especially with how Shadow is as a character join the same agency that's done the previous things I've mentioned to him. No, it's not clear and I'll explain perfectly why. I present you this johnny video perfectly explaining what's wrong with linking previous Sonic games to 06.Them knowing each other doessn't suddenly make past adventures apart of the loop.

Cause that wasn't even what I was going over. I was going over Eggman's statment not linking to maginary world because it's not even meant to be a thing when Eggman is making that statement as it's meant to be a continuity reboot.

@GiverOfThePeace Then you could've focused on that. But instead you started narrowing it down and arguing about why Shadow joining GUN is bad writing. And I will admit, this is my fault for even opening up this to begin with.

You could argue 06 is a soft reboot, but it clearly referenced past games so it is a part of the continuity. If it was a full-on reboot then they wouldn't bother with that.

Because you, no we, were focusing on about Shadow's character. Your idea of the continuity is a valid reason for contending with Solaris's reasoning for 2-B, but you simply focused it on the wrong area by joining me and discussing if Shadow joining GUN is good writing or not.

Talking about why is doesn't make sense for shadow to join gun isn't exactly on topic. 06 and canonicity would be evaluated in the context of the series as a whole, if it being a reboot was retconned then arguing that it should be treated as such doesn't make much sense.

On second though, I'm against 2-B. There's no reason to assume that Eggman when talking about all of existence, he was referring to dreamscapes. He said timelines for a reason. Maginaryworld isn't some alternate timeline.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
It depends on the context. Here, timelines does = all other universes because of the dimensions statement.

Doesn't mean he can only do it one at a time either. In fact, "time itself will collapse and disappear into nothingness" implies that he would do it all at once.

Also, I posted this in the OP. Solaris would transform "everything into nothing." Put it all together and Solaris would destroy all of existence.
1) That dimension statement doesn't mean anything. He was just saying that he's capable of destroying universes easily, not that he was going to destroy each and every one of them, and of any kind.

2) I never said that he was going to do so one at a time. I was just saying that you shouldn't be taking the "dimension" statement too literally.

3) That could actually be possible evidence.

Zamasu Chan said:
That's not enough evidence to prove that, like in DBH, every single thing that is constantly happening creates a new timeline

Also, If I remember correctly, one of the arguments against 2-B, or just higher end 2-C Solaris is that he wasn't destroying everything instantaneously, he was just doing it over time.

1) Then why would Eggman say that along with all existing timelines?

2) It's further evidence that Solaris would destroy all of existence.

The "doing it over time" argument is a terrible one, as "time itself will collapse and disappear into nothingness" implies he would do it quickly, he doesn't destroy everything immediately because plot demands you beat him before he does, and also by that logic Dimentio shouldn't be 2-B because his Void was taking a long time to destroy the multiverse.

Actually, Dimentio also has other details; where he literally states that the void will grow and cover countless dimensions. And even without Dream Depot, there's other lores mentioning there are many "Dimensions meaning universes" as there are probabilities. Though, leave the tier 1 statements out such as Dimentio's flowery language, "I have teleported you to the 12th Dimension"

Anyway, I'm still neutral on Solaris being 2-B, but if ImageryWorld is the same thing where everyone's Dream is turned into timelines, than it's still many timelines altogether. Then again, Gradually destroying the World can still be case by case, but it would still be 2-B if it was done via expanding or merging them together than destroying all of them. But simply traveling to each of them one by one and destroying them one by one, then it would just be Low 2-C with Multiversal range. But Solaris' case appears to be via merging them which could be 2-B.

Yeah don't worry, I think Dimentio's 2-B is legit and if he's a threat to the entire multiverse, then it should include Dream Depot.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm also very much against 2-B and specially Sonic scaling.
Hey Matthew Sama, can you do us all a favor and kindly tell us why you disagree? We're all very interested in what you have to say because of your VS debating experience.

I agree that it's pretty tiring that Matt should be more elaborate, but he's understandably busy. I also wish Everlasting was still here since he's also a Sonic expert. But if someone contacts him offsite and has elaborate details from him, it would be appreciated if it where shared.

Even though I'm not a mod, I'm also a Sonic expert. I don't debate on here though much. Mostly on Discord or on Facebook. I even have respect threads for various Sonic characters in my Google Docs before Google+ got shut down.

So is the upgrade is accepted or rejected? I also think there should be a vote count to see the supports.

@Elizhaa This is still being argued, unfortunately.

@DMB To be honest, that's gonna be difficult to do. While I support the upgrade, Matt hasn't explained why he disagrees and Sera hasn't had the time to shown up due to the Universal revisions.

I know we're all tired of this thread, all of us, but we need to push through and get this done. I know it's a pain, but leaving it unresolved is a bad idea

I understand if others are busy, though, that's respectable.

I'm curious to know specifically what Everlasting said about this thread; I know Cal mentioned "he's not happy." I understand Solaris remaining 2-C that it's too vague whether or not Solaris is aware or can effect the Dream World. And I already gave reasons for why Immeasurable speed for Hedgehogs, we really need one of the experts to elaborate.

Well Weekly isn't exactly an expert but I did contact him to look over and analyze this thread if that helps.

I see where Everlasting's coming from, and I also agree that it's not really an excuse to say Sonic's immune to outliers. Most end game bosses that fight Super Sonic have a lot of 5-A feats, so I agree with all of those bosses being only 5-A. But there are several bosses with Low 2-C to 2-C feats; so there's got to be some indication. Sera is pretty tired of arguing against the variable Tier or the distinction between positive and negative energy. But yeah, Immeasurable speed is the main thing I disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back