• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
well it's finally here the Secret Rings CRT

lets start with tiering stuff:

Erazor Djinn needs to be Unknown possibly 5-B in base since besides the end he hasn't been shown with his original power but in base he still should be stronger then a weakened Ifrit Golem and a weakened Ifrit Golem fought against Sonic, he should also have a tier overtime, specifically Will become 3-B to Low 2-C since it was shown in the game that Erazor was absorbing the Arabian Nights world and in the middle half of the game already absorbed half of the Arabian Nights world and was implied to be able to absorb the entirety of it

Ifrit Golem should be upgraded to 3-B since it was stated to be able to burn the remaining pages of the Arabian Nights and at the time it was only half of what it originally was, Golem also needs a weaker 5-B Key after being weakened by the Blue World Ring since it was explained Sonic couldnt fight it at full power so it had to be weakened as a result

Now time for Hax (ow boy):

Erazor gets necromancy (resurrected the dead), Shapeshifting (turned himself into sand after being defeated by Sonic), Universal range with abilities (he was said he was able to affecting the entirety of the Arabian Nights world), and Absorption and text manipulation (was absorbing the Arabian Nights world which is made up of text, his text manipulation should also be above baseline since it was said it would be hard to bring back the text he absorbed and Darkspine Sonic was unable to restore the text me absorbed), he also gets resistance to possibly all of Shahra's abilities (he was said to have superior magic to her so she couldn't affect him with her magic)

Ifrit Golem gets possible text manipulation (it was said to be able to burn down the entire Arabian Nights world which would possibly also include the text that makes up the reality)

Sonic gets possible resistances to text manipulation (even though it was weakened, Sonic could still take hits from Ifrit Golem's fire)

Darkspine gets weather manipulation (Darkspine Sonic has the blue world ring which was shown to create storms), Base Sonic also gets this as optional equipment

both Darkspine and Alf Layla wa-Layla get passive text manipulation Destruction (just by existing Alf Layla wa-Layla completely destroyed the Arabian Nights reality which would mean he destroyed the text that made up the reality, he was also planning to recreate it)

well I might as well explain the controversial ability here, Text Manipulation comes from the fact that its fairly consistant that the Arabian Nights world is made up of text from the Arabian Nights meaning in order to affect the world of the Arabian Nights you need to affect the text

I'm prepared to get killed thanks to this

Ok let's see...

• Sonic harms Time Eater in DS Generations: check!
  • Base Sonic fights Infinite, who created null space: check!
  • Sonic scales to a chaos emerald, where even one has unlimited energy and reflected the Time Eater: check!
  • Sonic fights a low 2-C Erazor: check!
SEEMS LEGIT!!!

To be fair, Text Manipulation is something that should be an extremely uncontroversial ability if you even played Secret Rings or know about the plot. Also base Sonic was unaffected by Alf LW Layla destroying reality when he came into being, since he was kinda just gawking and standing there, so that also counts for a resistance to Text Manip.

I agree with everything here, though a few clips to add into the justifications of the abilities wouldn't hurt. Also nice CRT name lol

He's burning pages out of a book which in turn starts affecting the Arabian Nights so that's not a feat for AP. It's indirect and separate to the destruction caused. Don't agree with upgrading Ifrit Golem or Erazor to 3-B/Low 2-C due to the mechanics behind text manipulation, the hax looks good in application.

Also the Ifrit Golem wasn't stronger than Sonic, the reason that he couldn't damage him was because the Flame Arrow that is taking his life force also tied him to the Fire Element and therefore couldn't damage another fire elemental or something like that.

Also I'm unsure if Darkspine should get passive Text Manipulation. He should get it throigh restoring it and being able to destroy it if he wanted to, but I doubt it'd be passive.

Unless there's a logical reason for him having it passively, of course.

In summary

Erazor
Resurrection (Brought Shahra back to life), Shapeshifting (Turned himself into sand after he was defeated), Absorption and Text Manipulation (Was absorbing the world of the Arabian Nights, which is made up of text, and was also ultimately the one to restore them and it being stated it would've been hard to restore otherwise)

Range: Universal with his abilities (Was affecting the entirety of the Arabian Nights reality)

Alf Layla-Wa Layla
Text Manipulation Destruction (Passive, as his mere existence completely destroyed the Arabian Nights reality and was ultimately going to recreate it completely)

Ifrit Golem
Text Manipulation (Was stated to be able to burn the entirety of the Arabian Nights reality)

Sonic
Weather Manipulation (With the World Ring of Prayers/Hope, he can conjure storms) Optional Equipment

Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Can withstand the power and presence of the World Rings, which were what likely drove the genies mad)

Resistance to Text Manipulation (Can withstand the flames of a weakened Ifrit Golem, and was unaffected by Alf Layla-Wa Layla's existence that destroyed the Arabian Nights reality)

Darkspine
Text Manipulation (Can bend and manipulate the reality of the Arabian Nights, which is comprised of innumerable inscriptions (Credit to Maverick for this one)

Nah that's resurrection, not necromancy. Necromancy is controlling skeletons and zombies and ghosts and the like.

Whoops forgot Madness Manipulation yet again

also Darkspine Sonic having passive text destruction was mostly their because he should have similar abilities to Alf Layla-Wa Layla since they're powered by the same thing but I get what you mean

also Necromancy was for a different instance (man I sure do need to get scans)

Nah, that seems like a rule for people from an otherwordly reality rather than an ability. Maybe it could be noted, but I'm unsure

So it'd be a resistance for Sonic, since he can withstand exposure to them and is unaffected by taking in 3 of 7. Anything else?

He's also able to resist the ones with the most negative emotions (Rage, Hatred and Sadness)

Alright, if there's nothing left to discuss and we got Cal to agree, I can apply the agreed changes to the profiles that are locked

I am already late on this, I know, but is there a chance Sonic simply wasn't affected by Text Manipulation because we technically wasn't apart of the Arabian Nights world? Sorry I never played SatSC, so this might be explained in the game itself

Back