• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku fights the God of Thunder (12-16-0).

Adem Warlock69 said:
Omegas03 said:
Sooo
What's the most likely win con for each?
Does Chou Goku still have the Ssj3 Ki drain?
No, as far as i remember, he solved that, he also solved the SSJB energy drain after the U6 tournament IIRC.

Also for the wincon i'm still saying Thor using any hax is way less likely than him going berserk.

Oh right. Thor just...drains Goku. Absorbs any beam energy and the ki energy if he gets close. Thor at the absolute worst is Goku's combat equal. Thousands of years of battle > Goku's 50 and being trained by Odin >>>>> being trained by Whis.

Ye. Thor forces H2H with Goku where he holds the distinct advantage due to Mjlonir being better than anything Goku's have unless he somehow had the Power Pole on him (I mean, it's still outclassed, but it's a cool weapon)

Also the skill part was regarded on Goku's favor if Thor used that ridiculous power amp he has.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I'm pretty sure Experience doesn't always equate to Skill.
But in that, Goku has rarely shown skill since his childhood. There's a couple of skill showings in Z but there's only the Hit thing for Super Goku. He's pretty much a flying brick by the time he reaches godhood.

The real cal howard said:
XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I'm pretty sure Experience doesn't always equate to Skill.
But in that, Goku has rarely shown skill since his childhood. There's a couple of skill showings in Z but there's only the Hit thing for Super Goku. He's pretty much a flying brick by the time he reaches godhood.
Because it litteraly had two full series where his skill is established, doing so again is just redundant after a while and Thor rarely demonstrate skill either, most 'skilled' people in fiction just randomly wave their weapons, it doesn't suddenly mean they lost their established skills.

There's such thing as getting rusty. Goku after maybe his fight with the Saiyans worked more on upping his power as opposed to upping his technique. And it's been like 20 years since then. For example, if Goku tried to use the Power Pole, he wouldn't be anywhere near as skilled with it as he was when he was 12-15. And while I'm not saying Thor doesn't try to just overpower opponents, he has more frequent bouts of using his varied abilities to outsmart opponents than Goku does, who hasn't tried to use actual martial artistry and skill since he died to Raditz, up until UI becomes a thing.

There's such thing as getting rusty. Goku after maybe his fight with the Saiyans worked more on upping his power as opposed to upping his technique. And it's been like 20 years since then. For example, if Goku tried to use the Power Pole, he wouldn't be anywhere near as skilled with it as he was when he was 12-15. And while I'm not saying Thor doesn't try to just overpower opponents, he has more frequent bouts of using his varied abilities to outsmart opponents than Goku does, who hasn't tried to use actual martial artistry and skill since he died to Raditz, up until UI becomes a thing.
Litteraly nothing ever hint at it and the franchise screams at you Goku just got better in all area so, they also clearly link using ki with martial art, with the flying technique and kamehameha being considered martial arts, if we can suddenly consider a character rusty without anything being told or hinted at, the same could be said for Thor who has like 1 skilled showing and then pass 5 years just swinging Mjolnir randomly.

And Whis is specificaly training their skill anyway.

Thor has more frequent appareance so it kinda skew any 'frequency' argument in his favor and in the huge majority of them, he doesn't do any of that, skewing any '% of what he does' against him.

Yeah but like, actions speak louder than words. Sure it says that for Goku but when does he show anything even like, Batman levels of skill since he was in his 20s?

Yeah but like, actions speak louder than words. Sure it says that for Goku but when does he show anything even like, Batman levels of skill since he was in his 20s?
I'd need to check the manga but Toyotaro basicaly traced a few of Goku's combo from back in DB IIRC.

If you include DBZ, Goku casualy dodging Yakkon with just the air displacement from his attack was clearly meant as a skill thing IMO.

And once again, same could be said for Thor, the most recent skill feat i'v heard from him was 5 years ago.

who hasn't tried to use actual martial artistry and skill since he died to Raditz, up until UI becomes a thing.
Um, that is 100% legitimately wrong.

Against Frieza first time around, he was full on about skill, since Frieza vastly outclassed him in strength (until Ssj).

Cell had the combined skill of all the Z Fighters, and was having a pure martial contest against Goku.

Buu saga, he was forced to use sheer skill against Kid Buu, since he had inferior stamina to it (specially because he started at Ssj3).

Universe 6 Tournament he was all about skill against Hit.

Every major fight Goku on the different arcs was all about his martial prowess based on the circumstances surrounding it.

Goku was getting mollywopped by Frieza until he learned to change his hair color. He did try to exploit Frieza being unable to sense ki. I'll give him that.

Pretty sure having the dna of everyone doesn't give you their skill and memories. He was martial strong against Goku, sure, I'll also give him that. But nothing crazy.

No to Buu. He just tries to wear him down and hope it works until the Spirit Bomb. He doesn't use skill against him at all.

Hit was the epitome of lack of it. Dude broke through the time powers with sheer power. He didn't try to exploit any loopholes. The most we can say there is that Goku predicted where Hit was gonna strike and Hit was too dumb to notice this in STOPPED TIME and change where he was gonna hit

Goku was getting mollywopped by Frieza until he learned to change his hair color. He did try to exploit Frieza being unable to sense ki. I'll give him that.
Pretty sure having the dna of everyone doesn't give you their skill and memories. He was martial strong against Goku, sure, I'll also give him that. But nothing crazy.

No to Buu. He just tries to wear him down and hope it works until the Spirit Bomb. He doesn't use skill against him at all.

Hit was the epitome of lack of it. Dude broke through the time powers with sheer power. He didn't try to exploit any loopholes. The most we can say there is that Goku predicted where Hit was gonna strike and Hit was too dumb to notice this in STOPPED TIME and change where he was gonna hit
Freezer was litteraly 15 time stronger and faster than Goku and yet Goku still not only survived but also wounded Freezer, if that's not skill, i don't know what it is.

Cell himself say otherwise, he not only had their DNA, he also had their techniques and eveything Gero knew of the Z fighter.

The kaioken is explicitly a martial art technique and what Goku initialy did is 100% abusing a loophole and using skills, it just was negated because Hit improved to close said loophole and use of skills, Hit was also explicitly getting way more skilled as he fought, skill is not omnipotent after all, technicaly Hit could stop time for long than most fight happen in DB.

Also LephyrTheRevanchist is it a vote for Goku ? votes get hard to follow with 100+ post.

Dragomer said:
Also LephyrTheRevanchist is it a vote for Goku ? votes get hard to follow with 100+ post.
I'm 100% neutral here.

@Cal

Believe me, I have it on-par with Jojo as one of my favorite manga ever, by the sheer display of martial ability through Toriyama's superb art, most notably his use of panels.

The only abriged series arguably better then the main series is Hellsing and less arguably SAO

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Wait, what's so bad about the DBZ Anime
I just hate the impact it had on the fandom and the public perception of the franchise in the english speaking circles of the internet.

EDIT : Also i was talking about the DBZ abridged, not the anime.

Back