• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some stuff about Tekken tiering, scaling, feats and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you asked some staff members to comment here yet?

Okay. I would appreciate some input though. I am not a very good person to ask.

it would be better to have an opinion from someone that has knowledge on the verse or at least an understanding of it rather then asking others who dont really know of it

Well, you can ask knowledgeable members listed in the Tekke verse page as well, but you need staff to approve of any important changes.

I was referring to as to why Jin's True Devil form(from BV) was included in his page, although now I see it as somewhat fair to do so. As for the FTL, which feat specifically?

Kazuya true devil form was in both the movie and the game, they look about the same and in BV its stated thats the devil gene true form, so thats why Jin has it

Yoshimitsu tag 2 feat, it was calculated and its like x7 times SoL

Its not aim dodging when earlier he reacted to the other shots from before

And nothing implies he had the sword already up and it would be dumb to shoot at him if he was already defending

Bryan starts firing off to the side, giving Yoshimitsu plenty of time to dodge. The rest of the time he's reacting to Bryan moving the laser and firing at him. Later, when Yoshimitsu is charging, there is clearly a time buildup before the laser starts firing, providing plenty of time for Yoshimitsu to have his sword up before the laser actually fires (he already has his sword up when he comes into frame).

He dodges the first one after he fires it, when he jumps away the laser hits the pillar not long after that, next one he fires at him he reflects it as seen there, the laser follows Yoshimitsu after it got fired and close to him

Its not aim dodging unless he moves before its fired, he does after Bryan shoots each time, also him already having the sword up when he appears on screen isnt proof for your info, the laser was already fired, nothing implies he put the sword before and earlier he reacts to these after Bryan shoots, not before

Also whats the point to fire the laser at him if he had the sword up as you claim, Bryan isnt dumb to shoot him when he had his guard up, aim dodging isnt a case here

It's still tracking / aim dodging. Bryan doesn't fire directly at him without forewarning. The very first shot shows Bryan firing way off to the side and slowly dragging the laser horizontally, giving Yoshimitsu plenty of time to dodge. He then teleports out of the way when the laser would hit. Then Bryan catches up to him while he's spinning, hitting him but causing no damage (can't explain that one, unless he has some kind of forcefield while invisible), then he falls below Bryan's aim and out of the path of the laser. Then Bryan let's off the laser, and fires again, showing a visible delay in the firing time. Yoshimitsu appears in frame with his sword already up, which is inconclusive at best for determining reaction time.

The visible delay in the last firing, the fact Yoshimitsu obviously expects it, and the fact he appears in frame with his sword already up sheds considerable doubt on this being a true feat. You say there's no proof that he reacts before the laser is fired, yet it's inconclusive at best that he reacts after the laser is fired.

No matter how much you wanna stretch this, this isnt aim dodging, one person after another comes to complain about that feat with something at this point

He reacts to all shots after its fired, aim dodging would be if he did before, the one where he does horizontally hits the pillar immediately after Yoshimitsu jumped away, there was no plenty of time there since he moves right when the laser was about to reach, thats reaction

The one that its fired after him as he spins is reacted as well as it catches up to him and needs to reflect it, last one you were you also try to assume something, Bryan has no reason to fire the laser at him if he had the blade already up, unless you wanna say Bryan is an idiot and attacked someone with its defense up, nowhere its implied he had the sword up before its fired and given in the ither instances he does it after, its legit reaction

Should we start a new thread with a summary of what we need to do and the discussion so far about this topic? It seems like that would be more likely to get feedback from the staff.

The only things we need so far is to get an opinion from a calcer about a 7-A feat if its good or not to use, a calc on the meteor feat from Jack 6, there isnt much, honestly i will wait till it hits almost 500, so far its at 261 only, so no need for a new one

The Yoshimitsu feat i dont see why a few people need to bring up stuff for it, which dont even disregard anything, thats arguing a dead horse, its legit reaction and we discussed about it about being used, if we have go through explanation for each time somebody happens to see the thread and say whats their irks about it, we wouldnt get anywhere

Main priorities are the two feats mentioned above to get them done, after this, we dont have anything else left, so all we will do is wait for those

Well, this is taking too long. Would you be willing to ask several calc group members to help us out here? You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

The distance used to calc the time is wrong. You'd have to use the distance from the gun to the blade, not the distance from the blade to Yoshimitsu's head. You also have the exceedingly poor assumption that Yoshimitsu would be moving his arm 90 degrees, when he normally stands with his blade in an upward position, meaning it would require very little actual movement of his arm, so the distance his arm moves is an incorrect assumption as well...meaning the entire calculation is formulated on incorrect assumptions and is entirely wrong.

What the calc does is calculate a 90 degree movement of Yoshimitsu's arm during the timeframe of the light passing from his sword to his head, rather than using the timeframe of from the gun to where his sword ended up - which is a much greater distance but which is also an unknown since we don't know exactly how far away Yoshimtisu was. Since Yoshimitsu normally has his sword up and to the side of his head, 90 degree movement of his arm is a vast overexaggeration. He'd move his arm somewhere between 6 inches (.1524 m) to 12 inches (.3048 m) at most. His normal stance in TT2 has his sword basically in front of his face, which is why the 90 degree movement is a very poor assumption.

If you have problems with it contact the calcer, instead of saying all that here buddy

Also funny how many people jump at the verse to say something is wrong or shouldnt be used, yet any other verse somehow doesnt get such stuff, this looks a lot like people got something against the series with something

I posted it cuz i was asked to by somebody, telling me all that doesnt ammount to anything, as i just requested a calc for it, therefore you talk with the one who did it and was credited for

I posted on the calc group discussion to see if it can be reworked or if it'll have to be thrown out. I may be a chemist, but I also majored in physics, which is why I know the calc is wrong. I'll leave it up to someone who wants to work with assumptions to do an actual recalc though. I don't think there's enough information to do a proper calc for it. When dealing with near light speeds, a small uncertainty introduces very large errors.

Yoshimitsu starts to jump long before the laser even gets close to the pillar. Watch it back at .25 speed. The reason I say it's aim dodging is that it's a continuous beam and Yoshimitsu it reacting to Bryan's tracking for the most part.

Trust me, this isn't me picking on the verse itself. I only look at interesting verses as I come across them. I've simply decided to ignore the DBS stuff since it's starts at ridiculous and gets worse from there. I don't say anything about Street Fighter since most of my knowledge is from the Street Fighter II movie which there are no profiles for. I like reading Naruto fanfiction, but can't be bothered about the actual show since it went downhill very quickly post-timeskip...a lot like Harry Potter fanfiction being vastly superior to the original. Bleach was fun.

There are no Charmed profiles and very few Buffy profiles, so I don't see much point in saying anything there. I played a lot of Tekken, though I stopped all video games after PS2 and I enjoyed them. Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Underworld, etc. are all interests but they aren't particularly active, this just popped out on the thread and I happened to take a look.

Aim dodging is only if he moves before he fires, also he is with the back behind the pillar, so he doesnt see the laser from behind and even at 0.25 time the speed right here shows Yoshimitsu barely off the ground and the laser already near the pillar, in fact it slices a little bit of it, before he went away, so no, he moves when its really close
20200224 231858

The basis of the calc is based off assumptions. It assume's Yoshimitsu moves his arm 90 degrees - we don't know if this is true. Let's assume it is. Instead of finding a pic of Yoshimitsu and calculating the actual length of his arm from that, he makes an assumtion to use for Yoshimitsu's arm length. Still, let's assume the 90 degrees is right even though his stance in the game shows he would have his blade basically in the correct position for the feat.

The distance used to calc the reaction time is undisputedly Wrong. The only way that number is right is if the laser originated at Yoshimitsu's eyes, not across the room at the end of Bryan's gun.

To properly calc his reaction time from the firing to Bryan dragging the laser across the room, you'd have to calc the time it took for Yoshimitsu to start reacting to the time he left the floor and the distance the arc of the laser moved across the room. It had not touched the pillar before he started reacting (you see him bend down a little before that).

You cant see in the screenshot that the laser cuts a bit of the pillar when he barelly was off the ground, what you say on that part is not the same as what is seen in the picture at all, so your words are wrong for what the image shows there

Whatever, regardless, the feat that gives him FTL is fundamentally wrong. The feat is calculated as if Yoshimitsu shot the laser from his eyes and decided to cut the laser with his sword. It isn't calculated from the actual point of origin - across the room where Bryan fires the gun.

No, I posted the problem to Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan then took it upon myself to actually estimate it. The rel+ came from simply saying Bryan was just over 5ft away. I watched Yoshimitsu run at him and it looks like he makes 10-12 steps on screen (in between it cutting between Yoshimitsu and Bryan). You can see the highball recalc here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4063612#6.

Ok you know what, at this point i just had enough with the feat, gonna throw it away be done with at this point, i dont have the time to change the speed stat on the profiles as of now, so if anyone else could can go do it

If the calculation is wrong, is somebody willing to redo it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back