• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As for the limited dura neg, yeah, definite no on that one. Attacks causing chip damage when the opponent is blocking is a thing in fighting games in general, and not once has limited dura neg been granted for that. It's a game mechanic.
Its non sensical head canon, which has nothing to do with AP, especially since dura neg from other characters performed in the lore are now currently displayed in gameplay as doing chip dmg, which supports the fact its actual dura neg
If you are not gonna bother read everything argued on that topic, dont give incomplete answers

Also the site accepts stuff like stunning an opponent via filling a stun bar depending on how many times you hit them, yet you try tell me no on something like this, for your info the series didnt have cheap dmg at the time, which was unique only to that character
You need that shit to be at the molecular level to be remotely considered dura neg, normally speaking.

And even then, the description implies it to be a feat of... well... brute force. So uh... yeah, no way this is dura neg. It explicitly needs to be stated to be a hax thing and not brute force.
Nowhere was matter hax argued for dura neg, what did you even read from it to remotely suggest brute force

"Its appearance overwhelms anyone who sees it, and it has the power to reduce any being to ashes."

And because it has to be repeated dozen times, the character bio says above specifically "Its" appearance overwhelms the ones that see "it", "it" has the power to reduce to ash someone, all of that is the same sentence on the same thing talking about

If you are not gonna bother read everything argued on that topic, dont give incomplete answers

Also the site accepts stuff like stunning an opponent via filling a stun bar depending on how many times you hit them, yet you try tell me no on something like this, for your info the series didnt have cheap dmg at the time, which was unique only to that character
I can read everything you've said and just... still not agree with the conclusion you've drawn. You know that, right? Once again, I'm telling you to cool it.

Also your stun example is a false equivalence given that chip damage is a universal fighting game mechanic (Tekken does have chip damage as a thing overall) whereas stunning is more specific. That's not even getting into the fact that the AP could simply be high enough to slightly bypass the opponent's defenses, causing such chip damage.

Also your stun example is a false equivalence given that chip damage is a universal fighting game mechanic (Tekken does have chip damage as a thing overall) whereas stunning is more specific.
Chip dmg didnt exist, until the current game made it universal for all, also no, unless you wanna tell me Street Fighter filling a stun bar by a certain ammount of hits isnt plain game mechanics, you aint gonna claim what i suggest in OP from Azazel is outlandish
That's not even getting into the fact that the AP could simply be high enough to slightly bypass the opponent's defenses, causing such chip damage.
No, because there is already a thing called guard break, which its purpose is to do as the name says, except they dont do chip dmg, they just guarantee quick free hit after performed

And i pointed in my message in response, dura negs from story/cutscenes are presented in the gameplay now as chip dmg specifically, so the argument falls apart

Chip dmg didnt exist, until the current game made it universal for all
So it does exist in Tekken...

Also even still, this doesn't even change the fact that chip damage can simply result from potent enough AP slightly breaking through the opponent's defenses
also no, unless you wanna tell me Street Fighter filling a stun bar by a certain ammount of hits isnt plain game mechanics, you aint gonna claim what i suggest in OP from Azazel is outlandish
I can and I will claim both of these, regardless of whether or not you personally find it ridiculous. The actual bar you fill up is game mechanics, yes, but the actual act of being able to stun the opponent is far from game mechanics
No, because there is already a thing called guard break, which its purpose is to do as the name says, except they dont do chip dmg, they just guarantee quick free hit after performed
This isn't even relevant...

A technique designed to get past someone's defenses is its own thing. Further supporting my point is that it doesn't do any chip damage, it just leaves them open. In essence, Guard Break removes the opponent's defenses, while Azazel can inflict some damage despite the opponent keeping up their defenses. Yeah, Azazel's case is clearly a matter of AP more than anything else.

Three Thread Mods and one Admin have also agreed on that, along with the "Matter Hax" not actually being that and the Higher-Dimensional Existence actually being Type 4 Acausality, plus the rest of your proposed changes. This is what should be applied, unless you want to call more staff.

So it does exist in Tekken...
Universally just recently, but not common thing like you claimed all games of this genre do
Also even still, this doesn't even change the fact that chip damage can simply result from potent enough AP slightly breaking through the opponent's defenses
Claws strikes or literal stomps somehow to you is weaker in AP then summoning stuff from underneath, wow so much sense....clearly its AP....
I can and I will claim both of these, regardless of whether or not you personally find it ridiculous. The actual bar you fill up is game mechanics, yes, but the actual act of being able to stun the opponent is far from game mechanics
No, because you literally do any regular attack over and over till the bar fills up, how you gonna translate that in vs thread, let alone as literal when its dependant on meter bars, rather then all characters actually having specific abilities with such capability
This isn't even relevant...

A technique designed to get past someone's defenses is its own thing. Further supporting my point is that it doesn't do any chip damage, it just leaves them open. In essence, Guard Break removes the opponent's defenses, while Azazel can inflict some damage despite the opponent keeping up their defenses. Yeah, Azazel's case is clearly a matter of AP more than anything else.
I adressed above, also it is relevant, there are already stuff specifically for breaking a guard, its not meant to dmg in those cases, meanwhile stuff meant for still harming you regardless of you defending, and you still ignore what i pointed in previous short reply
Three Thread Mods and one Admin have also agreed on that, along with the "Matter Hax"
Unless matter hax has standards to meet like light does or lighting, denying statements like "reduce to ash" for presence alone, "grind you to dust" with definition pointing at molecular stuff is unfounded, thanos has that over similar claims

Claws strikes or literal stomps somehow to you is weaker in AP then summoning stuff from underneath, wow so much sense....clearly its AP....
Your attempts to paint my claim as ludicrous due to your own personal disbelief aren’t working…

This is not an argument.
No, because you literally do any regular attack over and over till the bar fills up, how you gonna translate that in vs thread, let alone as literal when its dependant on meter bars, rather then all characters actually having specific abilities with such capability
A build-up of power via repeated attacks is how that could be translated. That’s actually far from an uncommon ability.
I adressed above, also it is relevant, there are already stuff specifically for breaking a guard, its not meant to dmg in those cases, meanwhile stuff meant for still harming you regardless of you defending, and you still ignore what i pointed in previous short reply
So, again… Opening up defenses via a technique vs. chipping away at defenses via sheer power. Still not seeing how this isn’t AP.
Unless matter hax has standards to meet like light does or lighting, denying statements like "reduce to ash" for presence alone, "grind you to dust" with definition pointing at molecular stuff is unfounded, thanos has that over similar claims
“Reduce to ashes” isn’t inherently Matter Manipulation, no. It’s too vague. And “grind you to dust” is an often-used hyperbole for beating someone to a pulp.

Your attempt at a whataboutism is not only a flawed means of argumentation, but in this case, it doesn’t even work given Thanos’s much greater evidence for Matter Manipulation.

If you’re going to continue to argue the same points ad nauseum, then I’m just gonna defer to the staff on this, because I’m fairly busy and don’t have the time for this. I’ve made my points known.

My points still remain, those two abilities are not getting accepted. And Higher D existence is just gonna be type 4 Acausality

Reading this over, I find myself agreeing with glass on this.

Nowhere was matter hax argued for dura neg, what did you even read from it to remotely suggest brute force

"Its appearance overwhelms anyone who sees it, and it has the power to reduce any being to ashes."

And because it has to be repeated dozen times, the character bio says above specifically "Its" appearance overwhelms the ones that see "it", "it" has the power to reduce to ash someone, all of that is the same sentence on the same thing talking about
None of this remotely refers to it being hax, but rather brute force power.

My point still stands.

Back