• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Tekken 8 Upgrades and More

In this video: [ ]

At around the 11:16 mark, we can see Kazuya obliterating countless satellites outside earth to the point where they're seen falling to earth like meteor showers in the background. I noticed that the laser's speed is noticeably faster than the Yellow one Kazuya fired in Tekken 7. It seemed to travel in a mere second or two in comparison to the several more seconds that the yellow laser took to reach the Mishima Zaibatsu satellite, so I'm curious as to how fast this blue laser in 8 actually goes. Thus a calc is required.

We also see a large shockwave/blast impact upon the laser's firing that appears to be large enough to be seen in space, so I'm curious if the blast's joules/ tons of force can be calculated too. If the blast does turn out to be a big one, I wouldn't be surprised as the size of Kazuya's new laser seemed to be big enough to take up an entire street or city block.

Also, considering Tekken 8 is on the horizon, I think this thread can be used to discuss all the new feat showings from all the characters in the verse.

Last edited:
For your information, Kazuya beam in T7 takes 0.65 seconds to reach the satellite at nearly 40000 km away, the shots take place at the same time and even Leopoldthebrave proven that way back, its not several seconds

The T8 one is doing the same thing in a similar timeframe as T7, it doesnt buff anything, just further shows consistency in speed and blasting the satellites is more impressive then the shockwave, let alone Kazuya saying he will wipe the country of those who cant prove themselves as strong along them

I should also note that the scene where Jin uses his telekinesis to throw debris at Kazuya is the sealing deal of proving that Jin can and WILL use telekinesis in fights, unlike what Death Battle has stated in Ryu vs Jin.

I should also note that the scene where Jin uses his telekinesis to throw debris at Kazuya is the sealing deal of proving that Jin can and WILL use telekinesis in fights, unlike what Death Battle has stated in Ryu vs Jin.
Kazuya using telekinesis in T4 against Heihachi to ko him, Devil Jin using it on Hwoarang to explode the bike and Kazumi using to yeet a meteor/fireball on the player in arcade run already was showing it can be used outside just choking an opponent

Also other people playing the story demo shows Devil Jin explosion thingy he done in Hwoarang T5 ending used as a move in battle as well

Another thing to point out was me remembering Darkness back then claiming that Jin has gained full control of his Devil Gene at the end of 7, when there was no implication of this. Tekken 8 just proves that he still hasn't gained full control of it. The only implication at the end of 7 was that he has control of his devil; it was unclear whether his control was either partial or full. And you assumed the latter.

In my other thread, I accused Continuum of making assumptions, when you've been doing the same thing yourself, no offense.

Another thing to point out was me remembering Darkness back then claiming that Jin has gained full control of his Devil Gene at the end of 7, when there was no implication of this. Tekken 8 just proves that he still hasn't gained full control of it. The only implication at the end of 7 was that he has control of his devil; it was unclear whether his control was either partial or full. And you assumed the latter.

In my other thread, I accused Continuum of making assumptions, when you've been doing the same thing yourself, no offense.
I dont remember openly saying it, just leopold the brave did that when still active on site here

Even if i said this, tekken 6 had Jin use devil powers like lasers and forcefields in scenario campaign, let alone amped himseld with it to kill Gold Azazel, tekken blood vengeance has him say and show he can control it, tag 2 has his special outros with the devil form transforming to human form or vice versa as he wants, heck i could even add their special tag combo which is back and forth transforming before delivering some strikes

That is before T7 existed, in T8 the only moment which seemed like he had issues was when he went berserk after telling himself he cant save others and had the flashbback to his mother, he let his emotions get the better of him, the trailer also shows he encounters a trouble that makes him unable to use it anymore

So its not a matter of he cant control it, else he would have problems like in T5 or earlier when he couldnt focus and such and was more obvious, plus the 1st trailer Harada said its from story mode which we clearly know is the final fight at this point and Jin uses the devil powers again there

I dont make assumptions, let alone without some reason for that on the verse, continuum on the other hand downgraded most of the characters based on no reasoning besides "for me that isnt right though" and going against what happens in his face too

I dont remember openly saying it, just leopold the brave did that when still active on site here
I do remember you openly saying it on YouTube comments like 5-6 years ago. I was very active there during the time DB released Ryu vs Jin and when the Tekken 7 hype was still going strong. And I remember you agreeing with Leopold with this one too.

Even if i said this, tekken 6 had Jin use devil powers like lasers and forcefields in scenario campaign, let alone amped himseld with it to kill Gold Azazel, tekken blood vengeance has him say and show he can control it, tag 2 has his special outros with the devil form transforming to human form or vice versa as he wants, heck i could even add their special tag combo which is back and forth transforming before delivering some strikes

That is before T7 existed, in T8 the only moment which seemed like he had issues was when he went berserk after telling himself he cant save others and had the flashbback to his mother, he let his emotions get the better of him, the trailer also shows he encounters a trouble that makes him unable to use it anymore

Yeah, but strictly within canon (which means excluding the Tag games too), there was no concrete implication he can fully control it. The way he used his devil gene abilities in 6-7 only implied he has managed to gain some control, not fully. The fact that he still loses control at times is a testament to this, and also the fact that he still hasn't fully conquered his devil side the same way Kazuya did when he and his devil side merged as one.

Jin being able to control his devil the way he did in Blood Vengeance is one of the many aspects in that movie that contradicts canon, at least currently. This could (and very likely to) change in the near future, upon the full release of Tekken 8 in late January, but for now... we'll wait.

So its not a matter of he cant control it, else he would have problems like in T5 or earlier when he couldnt focus and such and was more obvious, plus the 1st trailer Harada said its from story mode which we clearly know is the final fight at this point and Jin uses the devil powers again there
The glimpse of the final battle they've given us isn't enough. We'll just wait for now.

Another thing to point out in the first chapter is we actually see Kazuya straight up dodging Jin's devil beams.

This is the first time we've seen a character react to the devil beams in canon, if I'm not mistaken, so it should definitely be worth mentioning. This means the arguments of other people saying that Heihachi reacting to it in Kaz's ending (which is non canon) in Tekken 2 is an outlier are instantly put to rest. And so are the other arguments of people saying it shouldn't be used because Heihachi hasn't shown this kind of speed strictly in canon.

I do remember you openly saying it on YouTube comments like 5-6 years ago. I was very active there during the time DB released Ryu vs Jin and when the Tekken 7 hype was still going strong. And I remember you agreeing with Leopold with this one too.
Different times and i dont remember something specific like that anyway
Yeah, but strictly within canon (which means excluding the Tag games too)
Tag games are just as canon, else T7 wouldnt within some bios/stories of characters or main story itself show flashbacks to them, so dunno whats with this separation, main games arent the only canon in here and what ifs are fair use as well regardless for cases of such
There was no concrete implication he can fully control it. The way he used his devil gene abilities in 6-7 only implied he has managed to gain some control, not fully.
Thats a headcanon to assume he cant control all of it, only times we couldnt is specifically T3, T4 and T5
The fact that he still loses control at times is a testament to this, and also the fact that he still hasn't fully conquered his devil side the same way Kazuya did when he and his devil side merged as one.
Kazuya used a method to unify devil as part of him, Jin made it clear he aint going that road, it doesnt take away from the fact regardless and no him going in a rage from a flashback isnt losing control, its typical cliche of protagonist going in rage vs the antagonist when losing the battle and doubting himself, also when the devil offers his hand in the scene too denies the assertion he cant use the full potential, otherwise devil would have took ovet, you need a stronger case besides just a mere scene which doesnt prove this
Jin being able to control his devil the way he did in Blood Vengeance is one of the many aspects in that movie that contradicts canon, at least currently
No it doesnt, as in T6 and T7 we see him hsve control when earlier in the movie he still had issues
.This could (and very likely to) change in the near future, upon the full release of Tekken 8 in late January, but for now... we'll wait.
It didnt change anything and the 1st trailer of T8 we see Jin uses devil powers in the battle, which is story mode final fight, so its a moot point, as far as we know he somehow loses the ability to use his devil power and needs to have it back,
The glimpse of the final battle they've given us isn't enough. We'll just wait for now.
Its more then enough, im sorry but i dont believe in your stance and i will say it honestly in here, i know more of tekken then you for that matter or anybody in this site
Another thing to point out in the first chapter is we actually see Kazuya straight up dodging Jin's devil beams.

This is the first time we've seen a character react to the devil beams in canon, if I'm not mistaken, so it should definitely be worth mentioning. This means the arguments of other people saying that Heihachi reacting to it in Kaz's ending (which is non canon) in Tekken 2 is an outlier are instantly put to rest. And so are the other arguments of people saying it shouldn't be used because Heihachi hasn't shown this kind of speed strictly in canon.
Tekken 7 he reacts to the lasers, both to Kazuya and Kazumi and so does Akuma to former later in story, you missed on several stuff that happened in here, Tekken 2 dodging lasers was never used to argue the speed ever here

Different times and i dont remember something specific like that anyway

Tag games are just as canon, else T7 wouldnt within some bios/stories of characters or main story itself show flashbacks to them, so dunno whats with this separation, main games arent the only canon in here and what ifs are fair use as well regardless for cases of such

Thats a headcanon to assume he cant control all of it, only times we couldnt is specifically T3, T4 and T5

Kazuya used a method to unify devil as part of him, Jin made it clear he aint going that road, it doesnt take away from the fact regardless and no him going in a rage from a flashback isnt losing control, its typical cliche of protagonist going in rage vs the antagonist when losing the battle and doubting himself, also when the devil offers his hand in the scene too denies the assertion he cant use the full potential, otherwise devil would have took ovet, you need a stronger case besides just a mere scene which doesnt prove this

No it doesnt, as in T6 and T7 we see him hsve control when earlier in the movie he still had issues

It didnt change anything and the 1st trailer of T8 we see Jin uses devil powers in the battle, which is story mode final fight, so its a moot point, as far as we know he somehow loses the ability to use his devil power and needs to have it back,

Its more then enough, im sorry but i dont believe in your stance and i will say it honestly in here, i know more of tekken then you for that matter or anybody in this site

Tekken 7 he reacts to the lasers, both to Kazuya and Kazumi and so does Akuma to former later in story, you missed on several stuff that happened in here, Tekken 2 dodging lasers was never used to argue the speed ever here
I never denied the fact that you know more than me, and bringing it up is completely unnecessary.

If you mean that feat where we see Akuma dodging Kazuya's laser during their fight atop the G Corp building, the only thing Akuma dodged in there was the speed of how the laser changes its direction (going upwards), not the speed of the laser itself.

Please give me a link where Heihachi EXPLICITLY reacts to the lasers in Tekken 7. Strictly cutscenes, no gameplay.

The reason why I momentarily separated the canon from otherwise is the fact that there will be some things in non canon material that may contradict canon itself.

The flashbacks are only enough to justify that SOME events of the Tag games are canon, not all of it. Moreover, the flashbacks are too vague to be enough of of a confirmation for your statement that the Tag games are just as canon. I want you to elaborate on the flashback part. Educate me on the flashbacks specifically since you know more than I do.

Are you going to ignore what Kazuya stated after Jin entered berserk mode?

"So the power has consumed you."

Unless the official translation is inaccurate from the original Japanese sentence, it's pretty clear that Kazuya knows Jin was losing control of his devil powers there. And Kazuya is more experienced with the devil gene than Jin himself so he knows what if feels like so we should take this statement into account.

Look, either way, you're making headcanons yourself as an attempt to fill some holes. This is why we should wait for the full story first instead for the full confirmation.

I never denied the fact that you know more than me, and bringing it up is completely unnecessary.
I bring it up because it has to be known to others as well who is more familiar with the series here, instead of tagging others for opinion despite their lack of knowledge
If you mean that feat where we see Akuma dodging Kazuya's laser during their fight atop the G Corp building
My guy, thats just in the opening, in the actual story that shit doesnt even exist when they fight
Please give me a link where Heihachi EXPLICITLY reacts to the lasers in Tekken 7. Strictly cutscenes, no gameplay.
You watched the T7 story? Cuz i feel like you didnt, Young Heihachi dodging Kazumi laser in a cutscene when he is out of breath a little, Heihachi literally avoiding the laser when Kazuya uses his 3rd eye to shoot and trap him in a triangle of lava with nowhere to get out, Akuma literally dodging it in special chapter

These are the accepted stuff for them on the site bud and shown they do the dodge when close to them

The reason why I momentarily separated the canon from otherwise is the fact that there will be some things in non canon material that may contradict canon itself.
Such as? And for your info the main games have as much non canon material too, like how characters win against the final boss or beat characters they normally shouldnt
The flashbacks are only enough to justify that SOME events of the Tag games are canon, not all of it. Moreover, the flashbacks are too vague to be enough of of a confirmation for your statement that the Tag games are just as canon.
Says you? The flashbacks show they exist within the canon, just cuz they are a tag spin off, doesnt make them non canon, nowhere it was stated to be anyway and the games prove otherwise
I want you to elaborate on the flashback part. Educate me on the flashbacks specifically since you know more than I do.
Watch it yourself at the part where Kazuya hallucinates Heihachi as young again and do so in slow mo, they also show scenes from other games like T2, T3 and such among the tag stuff and so does with Kazuya as well

No ifs or buts, its in flashbacks in the main story, that alone solidifies they exist in the canon,
Are you going to ignore what Kazuya stated after Jin entered berserk mode?

"So the power has consumed you."
And he says the same thing to Devil Jin before a fight as unique dialogue, your point?

It means 0, the devil should be taking over him like he did in 3 till 5 if it was the case, yet none of that happens, your only argument is a moment which didnt even mean shit later, devil still couldnt take over Jin when offering the hand, he didnt allow him to get control, moot point
Unless the official translation is inaccurate from the original Japanese sentence, it's pretty clear that Kazuya knows Jin was losing control of his devil powers there
In case you didnt notice some dialogues in character trailers differ from the in game ones, like Asuka and Lili special intro or how Harada commented on Kazuya special intro with Jun not being literal to what the subs say entirely
And Kazuya is more experienced with the devil gene than Jin himself so he knows what if feels like so we should take this statement into account.
Such experience...when until T8 Kazuya was below Jin, even in T7 when Claudio stated Jin devil surpasses Kazuya's, let alone the movie in which he won after he got control the first time to his powers
Look, either way, you're making headcanons yourself as an attempt to fill some holes. This is why we should wait for the full story first instead for the full confirmation.
You aint better yourself if you wanna go that road, also unlike some individuals i use actual reasons and evidence and not empty headcanon like others

Also what relevance this has to do anyway hm? Its not hypocrisy when it aint even a 1:1 case, many stuff i claim are proven correct or supported especially later stuff given

You return after like 5 years in vs wiki, dont even check the verse calcs and such at first or any CRT it had in that timeframe and make headcanon on stuff like T7 laser speed and then you dont even seem to be aware of the T7 cutscenes, like feats im talking which is again the laser dodging feats, do i have to tell you where to look for every single thing? If you plan to "revise" the verse then at least research more thorough before engaging on matter not familiar with

Last edited:
You return after like 5 years in vs wiki, dont even check the verse calcs and such at first or any CRT it had in that timeframe and make headcanon on stuff like T7 laser speed and then you dont even seem to be aware of the T7 cutscenes, like feats im talking which is again the laser dodging feats, do i have to tell you where to look for every single thing? If you plan to "revise" the verse then at least research more thorough before engaging on matter not familiar with
How about you at least be grateful that someone other than you actually came in to try to support the verse instead?

Regarding on the argument of whether or not Jin controls his devil, I will stop arguing as I realised it's irrelevant now at the end of the day since no matter what, Jin will eventually be in full control of it at the end of T8.

Moving on, I do remember reading a thread years ago discussing Heihachi and Akuma's reactions to the lasers in T7 a long time ago, but I can no longer pinpoint which thread that was, and I've forgotten about 90% of that thread's contents.

So what I'm going to do is to let you convince me that those feats were accepted as them reacting to the sub-rel laser in sub-rel speed, since IIRC that was your thread (tho I might be wrong) or at least have largely participated in it.

For one, I am very skeptic. And yes, I have seen all of those the first time I played the story mode in 2018; I just don't pay attention to such details as I have ADHD, and I'm jealous that you seem to not have the same issue. Anyways, these feats aren't really convincing enough. They're are the same thing: Heihachi/Akuma reacting to the speed of how fast Kazuya/Kazumi's head moves as a means of changing the lasers' direction. It's not the true speed of how fast the laser itself travels, if you understand what I'm getting at here. It's more akin to how fast a soldier moves a firing machine gun's aim from left to right or from down to up. Sure, those dodges require a high amount of speed to pull off (especially with the way Akuma did so in the special chapter) but not sub-relativistic speed. So I want you to convince me that those dodges are sub-relativistic speed with substantial evidence.
So the first thing to do here is to provide me the link to that CRT, if it's still up. If you aren't going to give me the link if it's still up, I will conclude that you don't like to/are afraid of being proven wrong.
If the link can't be given, I still have these questions:

1) I do remember you repeatedly bringing up that Kazuya trapped Heihachi within a triangle of flames using his lasers so the option to dodge Kazuya's last laser is out of the question. But the thing is, the only option taken away from him is to dodge in X and Z axis. The Y axis is still available, aka he can duck, since it was clear the laser was aiming for his head. So why didn't Heihachi do so? Why did he choose to do a Raijin stance instead of simply crouching to dodge?

2) IF Heihachi was able to dodge that laser by crouching, I wouldn't have asked you this: Aside from Kazuya dodging it in Tekken 8, PLEASE provide me an instance in 7 or any in canon where a Mishima has dodged a devil beam that's SPECIFICALLY aimed at them from the moment they were fired, because doing so would definitely make them Sub-rel automatically, no questions.

(Also, please do not be mistaken: I agree that Heihachi is Sub-relativistic. I just disagree with you saying that the feats of him dodging the lasers in 7 is Sub-relativistic. I just think he's only Sub-rel for scaling to Kazuya, and the fact that he did intercept Devil's laser in 2 during Kaz's ending, not because of those feats you provided in 7.)

3) And because those feats were taken into consideration and were accepted in this site, please please please, can you provide me all the arguments that got it accepted?

How about you at least be grateful that someone other than you actually came in to try to support the verse instead?

Regarding on the argument of whether or not Jin controls his devil, I will stop arguing as I realised it's irrelevant now at the end of the day since no matter what, Jin will eventually be in full control of it at the end of T8.

Moving on, I do remember reading a thread years ago discussing Heihachi and Akuma's reactions to the lasers in T7 a long time ago, but I can no longer pinpoint which thread that was, and I've forgotten about 90% of that thread's contents.

So what I'm going to do is to let you convince me that those feats were accepted as them reacting to the sub-rel laser in sub-rel speed, since IIRC that was your thread (tho I might be wrong) or at least have largely participated in it.

For one, I am very skeptic. And yes, I have seen all of those the first time I played the story mode in 2018; I just don't pay attention to such details as I have ADHD, and I'm jealous that you seem to not have one. Anyways, these feats aren't really convincing enough. They're the same thing: Heihachi/Akuma reacting to the speed of how fast Kazuya/Kazumi's head moves as a means of changing the lasers' direction, not the speed of how fast the laser itself travels, if you understand what I'm getting at here. It's more akin to how fast a soldier moves a firing machine gun's aim from left to right or from down to up. Sure, those dodges require a high amount of speed to pull off (especially with the way Akuma did so in the special chapter) but not sub-relativistic speed.
So I want you to convince me that those dodges are sub-relativistic speed with substantial evidence.

So the first thing to do here is to provide me the link to that CRT, if it's still up. If you aren't going to give me the link if it's still up, I will conclude that you don't like to/are afraid of being proven wrong.

1) I do remember you repeatedly bringing up that Kazuya trapped Heihachi within a triangle of flames using his lasers so the option to dodge Kazuya's last laser is out of the question. But the thing is, the only option taken away from him is to dodge in X and Z axis. The Y axis is still available, aka he can duck, since it was clear the laser was aiming for his head. So why didn't Heihachi do so? Why did he choose to do a Raijin stance instead of simply crouching to dodge? (And moreover, I think the space within the triangle is actually big enough for him to actually dodge the laser in X and Z axis.)

2) IF Heihachi was able to dodge that laser by crouching, I wouldn't have asked you this: Aside from Kazuya dodging it in Tekken 8, PLEASE provide me an instance in 7 or any in canon where a Mishima has dodged a devil beam that's SPECIFICALLY aimed at them from the moment they were fired, because doing so would definitely make them Sub-rel automatically, no questions.

Also, please do not be mistaken: I agree that Heihachi is Sub-relativistic. I just disagree with you saying that the feats of him dodging the lasers in 7 is Sub-relativistic. I just think he's only Sub-rel for scaling to Kazuya, and the fact that he did intercept Devil's laser in 2 during Kaz's ending, not because of those feats you provided in 7.

3) And because those feats were taken into consideration and were accepted in this site, please please please, can you provide me all the arguments that got it accepted?

Last edited:
I gave up on the verse the moment nobody helped me with it and decided to let a biased fanboy for street fighter do a rushed and trash CRT with certain mod letting it be, resulting in an unjustified and unfair downgrade, which you say is not wrong, for your info Tekken isnt capping at mountain or island only, especially not the meteor and especially not with lore statements, but you seem to not know of these either or you will give me essays on why you think arent in your opinion for use

Also by the fact nobody calcs any feats requested or evaluate even, along some calcers not knowing what they talk about at all and act like punks or typical internet trash talkers towards you with their power abuse

You coming here and not even being familiar with what happened in half a decade and downplaying more then helping cant even be called support, especially when you ignore on your CRT arguments that need to be talked in regards to scaling and tiering of characters, aka the meteor, DR storm, paul prime and current self, additional info from outside main games just cuz its not the place for it or whatever, when they are relevant
It wasnt my thread, it was accepted with the only staff for the series at the time, Dark649 or whatever he was called, when he realized his arguments against the laser feats in T7 were garbage and disproven, same ones which you try to use here for no reason, you just downplay the very verse you claim you support, thats what you do
For one, I am very skeptic. And yes, I have seen all of those the first time I played the story mode in 2018; I just don't pay attention to such details as I have ADHD, and I'm jealous that you seem to not have the same issue. Anyways, these feats aren't really convincing enough. They're are the same thing: Heihachi/Akuma reacting to the speed of how fast Kazuya/Kazumi's head moves as a means of changing the lasers' direction. It's not the true speed of how fast the laser itself travels, if you understand what I'm getting at here. It's more akin to how fast a soldier moves a firing machine gun's aim from left to right or from down to up. Sure, those dodges require a high amount of speed to pull off (especially with the way Akuma did so in the special chapter) but not sub-relativistic speed.
First of all besides what i said above and your own words here, you dont pay attention in the slightest, Heihachi dodges Kazumi laser after she fires it and especially when he takes a moment for taking a breath too before that after the rage art

Akuma doesnt move until the laser is already very close to him and its even more irrelevant your argument after both do a hadouken vs charged laser clash, having to react to the laser from him, guess what as well, Heihachi and Kazuya both react to a hadouken by him in story mode, Heihachi during their 1st fight, Kazuya in special chapter after facing Heihachi not long ago
So I want you to convince me that those dodges are sub-relativistic speed with substantial evidence.
Im not afraid nor i was proven ever wrong on the series, you expect me to dig a 5 year old thread from long ago with a specific convo from my phone, where i stated is how i spend on the forum, barely having access to laptop or PC for that, especially to enter on the forum, let alone during holidays where you realize is more important to prepare stuff for these with guests and such, do that yourself, i dont need anyway to dig that up to come up with arguments for it

1) I do remember you repeatedly bringing up that Kazuya trapped Heihachi within a triangle of flames using his lasers so the option to dodge Kazuya's last laser is out of the question. But the thing is, the only option taken away from him is to dodge in X and Z axis. The Y axis is still available, aka he can duck, since it was clear the laser was aiming for his head. So why didn't Heihachi do so? Why did he choose to do a Raijin stance instead of simply crouching to dodge?
You realize even after that cutscene Kazuya can fire a laser which cant be ducked and only the story version can do right? The only laser you can dodge is those going in straight line with head facing the enemy, not those where they look down and lift the head, even in the cutscene, Kazuya stands above Heihachi on something and fires down on him, ducking isnt an option from that angle, it still hits and raijin stance for Heihachi has parry properties if timed right, meant to nullify attacks in the game
You were already told of them and its exactly how it happens, they move after they got fired already and close to them to hit
(Also, please do not be mistaken: I agree that Heihachi is Sub-relativistic. I just disagree with you saying that the feats of him dodging the lasers in 7 is Sub-relativistic. I just think he's only Sub-rel for scaling to Kazuya, and the fact that he did intercept Devil's laser in 2 during Kaz's ending, not because of those feats you provided in 7.)
It makes no sense what you say at all and T2 and T8 are at best just supporting evidence, whether you like it or not, if they were denied that time those made by a staff who was trash at tiering the series back then, your use of them again isnt any different
I explained on that matter already, not repeating, read above for those

You sound so pissed right now.
I gave up on the verse the moment nobody helped me with it and decided to let a biased fanboy for street fighter do a rushed and trash CRT with certain mod letting it be, resulting in an unjustified and unfair downgrade, which you say is not wrong, for your info Tekken isnt capping at mountain or island only, especially not the meteor and especially not with lore statements, but you seem to not know of these either or you will give me essays on why you think arent in your opinion for use

Also by the fact nobody calcs any feats requested or evaluate even, along some calcers not knowing what they talk about at all and act like punks or typical internet trash talkers towards you with their power abuse

You coming here and not even being familiar with what happened in half a decade and downplaying more then helping cant even be called support, especially when you ignore on your CRT arguments that need to be talked in regards to scaling and tiering of characters, aka the meteor, DR storm, paul prime and current self, additional info from outside main games just cuz its not the place for it or whatever, when they are relevant
Just because I'm less knowledgeable than you doesn't mean I'm not qualified to voice my opinions. All you need to support Tekken is that you're willing to do so, and I am. And you can be angry and accuse me of downplaying the verse all you want. I wholeheartedly support Tekken but that doesn't mean I would like it when things happen like: the verse gets upgraded wrongly due to an inaccurate calc, the verse gets wrongfully downgraded, the verse gets upgraded due to intentional wankery, etc. This is why I'm also skeptic at things. Because I wanna try to be close to factual evidence as much as possible, and that I want every down/upgrade to be backed up by concrete evidence. And if I'm seemingly wrong about something, correct me. And if I'm not convinced with your correction, provide evidence. Which is why I'm asking you to provide me the link to the thread, because that's your evidence. And you refuse to do so, and instead resort to accusing me of downplaying the verse, because it's the easier and more convenient option.

See, the difference between you and me is that I'm pretty open to new opinions and changes (at least, relatively) and you're not because you have your own hard-established idea in your head of how Tekken should be and you stubbornly push it onto others and get pissed and throw hissy fits if they don't accept it. This is how you've been since 2017 and you're still relatively the same.

And just because I agreed with the Jack AP downgrade doesn't mean I'm a downplayer; I just think the arguments provided for the meteor AP downgrade was reasonable. You put up a good (albeit dirty) fight, but you failed in that thread. If you wanna argue with this so bad, go post your own thread about it like I said before or don't bring it up at all. Because those aren't what I'm intending to discuss on both of my current threads, and bringing them up would just muddle up the discussions.

It wasnt my thread, it was accepted with the only staff for the series at the time, Dark649 or whatever he was called, when he realized his arguments against the laser feats in T7 were garbage and disproven, same ones which you try to use here for no reason, you just downplay the very verse you claim you support, thats what you do
Okay, thanks for clarifying on whether or not the thread was yours.

And yeah, keep accusing me of downplaying just because I'm skeptic instead of giving me concrete arguments that counter mine. Because that definitely helps your case.

First of all besides what i said above and your own words here, you dont pay attention in the slightest, Heihachi dodges Kazumi laser after she fires it and especially when he takes a moment for taking a breath too before that after the rage art
Like I said, that speed is how fast Kazumi moved her head to change the laser's direction. Avoiding it still requires a high amount of speed, but I doubt the speed you need would have to be sub-relativistic. Can you try removing that doubt by providing a better argument?
Akuma doesnt move until the laser is already very close to him and its even more irrelevant your argument after both do a hadouken vs charged laser clash, having to react to the laser from him, guess what as well, Heihachi and Kazuya both react to a hadouken by him in story mode, Heihachi during their 1st fight, Kazuya in special chapter after facing Heihachi not long ago
Akuma reacting to the laser when it's very close to him is the most concrete sub rel evidence we have in Tekken 7 so far, which is why I emphasized him the most dodging it in the Special Chapter. Please elaborate more on this. Give me a calc link to this specific feat, or provide a more convincing argument, etc. Anything that would convince me.

And Akuma fired the hadouken first. Kazuya only fired his beam immediately after. If there's a concrete implication that they fired it at the same time, of course, that I wasn't aware of, because, as you stated, my ADHD-addled brain wasn't paying attention, feel free to give it to me.

Im not afraid nor i was proven ever wrong on the series,

You're free to believe what you wanna believe. But right now, the burden of proof is on you-- I'm asking you to convince me by providing evidence, and you refuse to give the link --the concrete evidence-- to me. You should definitely be the one to provide and you can't accuse me of being lazy, dumb, anything you wanna call me because you're the one trying to prove your case to me, and you're the first one to bring up that there's a sub rel reaction feat from Akuma and Heihachi in 7.

you expect me to dig a 5 year old thread from long ago with a specific convo from my phone, where i stated is how i spend on the forum, barely having access to laptop or PC for that, especially to enter on the forum, let alone during holidays where you realize is more important to prepare stuff for these with guests and such, do that yourself, i dont need anyway to dig that up to come up with arguments for it
The Holidays are also the reason why I've been gone for like a week before coming back here. And I've been VERY busy too. I posted both these threads before and during my final exam week and right afterwards had to prepare for Christmas, and now I'm currently preparing for the New Year's Eve too, and I STILL bothered spending time with these threads, and through my PHONE too. All because I care about Tekken. And if you've given yourself the time to participate in this thread, can you actually blame me if I demand you to do something nor think you have the time to do these things? Can you blame me if I thought you had the time especially when you've almost always responded nearly immediately after every reply I post? And I can't even have that same luxury, because because I don't have enough time.

But... at least you've clarified it's from Dark649. I'll instead do a digging on my own because you can't be bothered to do so. You weren't lying when you gave up with the verse and maybe even vs debating in general, as I've heard.
You realize even after that cutscene Kazuya can fire a laser which cant be ducked and only the story version can do right? The only laser you can dodge is those going in straight line with head facing the enemy, not those where they look down and lift the head, even in the cutscene, Kazuya stands above Heihachi on something and fires down on him, ducking isnt an option from that angle, it still hits and raijin stance for Heihachi has parry properties if timed right, meant to nullify attacks in the game
You can definitely duck from the overhead lasers from a flying Devil Jin or Kazuya in-game depending on where you're located. And Even with the overhead angle, it was obvious Heihachi could have avoided it by crouching, the same way you can in Tekken 2 by crouching depending on your position, whether you're close to him or from afar, as you can't sidestep pre Tekken 3. And the angle of that laser Kazuya fired in Tekken 7 is pretty generous; Heihachi can definitely duck from it, but I can also see why he'd choose to enter Raijin stance, so... this part of the argument ends here, pretty much, as continuing means moot because it wouldn't prove nor disprove the fact of whether or not Heihachi can react to it.
It makes no sense what you say at all
Oh, what I'm saying makes sense. It just doesn't make sense to you because I don't agree with you.

and T2 and T8 are at best just supporting evidence, whether you like it or not, if they were denied that time those made by a staff who was trash at tiering the series back then, your use of them again isnt any different.
???
Kazuya dodging Jin's laser is pretty recent, only out this month. Hell, all of Tekken 8 is (obv.) recent. Whether we agree or not on each other regarding whether or not there are Sub rel reaction feats from Hei and Akuma in Tekken 7, Kazuya's recent feat certainly validates Heihachi's T2 feat NOW if said user denied it back then. The main point is that Kazuya's dodge feat in 8 is more concrete of an evidence that those you provided from 7. I'm not saying those reaction feats are completely invalid; like, you can certainly argue that they can be used as proof. I'm just saying their very nature as feats are way more questionable and arguable in comparison to Kaz's dodging feat in 8.

Last edited:
You sound so pissed right now.
Im irked, not pissed, thats a difference and thats cuz its annoying to do argue on vs stuff
See, the difference between you and me is that I'm pretty open to new opinions and changes (at least, relatively) and you're not because you have your own hard-established idea in your head of how Tekken should be and you stubbornly push it onto others and get pissed and throw hissy fits if they don't accept it. This is how you've been since 2017 and you're still relatively the same.
First of all, im not open to opinions unless they have something i can certainly agree with and make sense, the jack 6 calc made years ago i agree was wrong given the feat actually says a size for the meteor, what i dont agree with is the downplay to 900 megatons (mountain+), when the feat should be = to the real life dino one existing on the site with a profile, which is country+, along the stupid arguments of falling pieces for KE > Jack or claiming KE cant be used, especially when Gun Jack by his own feat with correct info in account is around 300 megatons, just x3 below the lowballed jack 6 feat, let alone where Jack 4 and Jack 5 should be at from scaling and statements, makes no sense for that rating existing

Also given how this verse has a notorious lowball history here and outside the site, stuff like city level at best or other feats being just building to multi city block, need i remind you Kazuya was 8-B when Dark was still active? Due to a headcanon he admitted wrong after that base form was that low but devil gene amps him at city level, which is ridiculous, so excuse me im not "open" to opinions when most online are from people who think having tens or hundred hours in the game offline or online can debate power levels of a fictional series
And just because I agreed with the Jack AP downgrade doesn't mean I'm a downplayer; I just think the arguments provided for the meteor AP downgrade was reasonable. You put up a good (albeit dirty) fight, but you failed in that thread. If you wanna argue with this so bad, go post your own thread about it like I said before or don't bring it up at all. Because those aren't what I'm intending to discuss on both of my current threads, and bringing them up would just muddle up the discussions.
I didnt fail anything, OP was unhumanly stubborn person to talk with anything, then a calcer which i still aint gonna forgive ever decided to report me for voicing out the incapability of the debaters there were, cuz apparently the internet is sensitive for calling someone not smart even when it was true from the numerous instances

I explained on the jack 6 matter anyway, you wont care anyway cuz apparently you said so
And yeah, keep accusing me of downplaying just because I'm skeptic instead of giving me concrete arguments that counter mine. Because that definitely helps your case.
I honestly cant see what is even skeptic of the feats in question at all, i would have understopd it more if it was more regarding lore granting a tier, like how dragon ball characters used to have claims they destroy in a given range something but not having feats for it precisely, besides statements, you just argue visual stuff for no reason in my eyes
Like I said, that speed is how fast Kazumi moved her head to change the laser's direction. Avoiding it still requires a high amount of speed, but I doubt the speed you need would have to be sub-relativistic. Can you try removing that doubt by providing a better argument?
What are you even talking about....the laser speed is for the laser, not her head movement and that is irrelevant, Heihachi still dodges it after its fired, you cant calculate the speed you need to dodge another thing you calculated from another feat, thats calc stacking, which isnt allowed and goes into inflated or lowballed stats, unless the laser had a constant speed, like being as fast as light for example, a calc could be made, but not for the former mentioned thing, they scale to the speed of the laser

And as i told you and linked it in your threads too, the devil gene laser is relativistic, not sub-rel, the gun jack feat is sub rel, due to T7 having a brief moment showing how high the satellite was, buffing the speed of both feats, on which i made an upgrade thread with speed time ago alomg lifting strength
Akuma reacting to the laser when it's very close to him is the most concrete sub rel evidence we have in Tekken 7 so far, which is why I emphasized him the most dodging it in the Special Chapter. Please elaborate more on this. Give me a calc link to this specific feat, or provide a more convincing argument, etc. Anything that would convince me.
I explained above already on the matter, not repeating
And Akuma fired the hadouken first. Kazuya only fired his beam immediately after. If there's a concrete implication that they fired it at the same time, of course, that I wasn't aware of, because, as you stated, my ADHD-addled brain wasn't paying attention, feel free to give it to me.
If he fired first, the hadouken would travel more distance, as far as i can tell both met in the middle, aka both had to be fired simultaneously to clash in the middle equally, not each time seeing a scene be 1st means it was actually done 1st, especially when fiction has moments of two characters attack at the same time but each in different panels or scenes with one going first
You're free to believe what you wanna believe. But right now, the burden of proof is on you-- I'm asking you to convince me by providing evidence, and you refuse to give the link --the concrete evidence-- to me. You should definitely be the one to provide and you can't accuse me of being lazy, dumb, anything you wanna call me because you're the one trying to prove your case to me, and you're the first one to bring up that there's a sub rel reaction feat from Akuma and Heihachi in 7.
I dont know where you looked at, only leopold and death battle used T2, any other place uses T7 stuff for the speed, either that or gun jack, but its lower
The Holidays are also the reason why I've been gone for like a week before coming back here. And I've been VERY busy too. I posted both these threads before and during my final exam week and right afterwards had to prepare for Christmas, and now I'm currently preparing for the New Year's Eve too, and I STILL bothered spending time with these threads, and through my PHONE too. All because I care about Tekken. And if you've given yourself the time to participate in this thread, can you actually blame me if I demand you to do something nor think you have the time to do these things? Can you blame me if I thought you had the time especially when you've almost always responded nearly immediately after every reply I post? And I can't even have that same luxury, because because I don't have enough time.
Just cuz i reply in some threads, doesnt mean i got time to look up something which i might not even find quick, either here or outside the site and outside it, it doesnt save my replies here, aka i lose my progress i spent time writing, which why on PC or laptop that isnt an issue, i can open tabs and keep my progress

The CRTs i did before required the above mentioned and hours of time spent for that, best i can do on my phone is give you the source or place of something or simply say it, i cant do anything more then that if i write long comments, also i have other stuff to do besides vs stuff, student things for university at times or simply i might wanna relax with watching something or playing a game, you ask too much especially on a thing many quit for how less fun it becomes with time and stressful
But... at least you've clarified it's from Dark649. I'll instead do a digging on my own because you can't be bothered to do so. You weren't lying when you gave up with the verse and maybe even vs debating in general, as I've heard.
If you were in my place and circumstances, you would have quit too
You can definitely duck from the overhead lasers from a flying Devil Jin or Kazuya in-game depending on where you're located. And Even with the overhead angle
No you cant, flying laser attacks in game are dodged by side step or side walk, you cant duck them like the standing lasers
it was obvious Heihachi could have avoided it by crouching, the same way you can in Tekken 2 by crouching depending on your position, whether you're close to him or from afar, as you can't sidestep pre Tekken 3
Um no, tekken 2 you had to jump backwards against the flying lasers, you can duck them, what you talking is going forward till you are so underneath them its avoided, which in that scenario isnt the case as Heihachi is cornered by the triangle of lava, nulling both cases and those were in old games, that in modern ones arent viable anymore
And the angle of that laser Kazuya fired in Tekken 7 is pretty generous; Heihachi can definitely duck from it, but I can also see why he'd choose to enter Raijin stance, so... this part of the argument ends here, pretty much, as continuing means moot because it wouldn't prove nor disprove the fact of whether or not Heihachi can react to it.
I explained above, its not generous or definitive, Heihachi had to deal with it in a limited situation with what he had, if he was able to dodge as you say, he wouldnt rely to a parry stance which didnt help in the instance
???
Kazuya dodging Jin's laser is pretty recent, only out this month. Hell, all of Tekken 8 is (obv.) recent. Whether we agree or not on each other regarding whether or not there are Sub rel reaction feats from Hei and Akuma in Tekken 7, Kazuya's recent feat certainly validates Heihachi's T2 feat NOW if said user denied it back then. The main point is that Kazuya's dodge feat in 8 is more concrete of an evidence that those you provided from 7.
No it wasnt more concrete, those speeds were simply by those, no T2 and T8 is brief only
I'm not saying those reaction feats are completely invalid; like, you can certainly argue that they can be used as proof. I'm just saying their very nature as feats are way more questionable and arguable in comparison to Kaz's dodging feat in 8.
No they aint, you are literally the only person who ever said this and for no good reasons other then stuff like "they moved the head", "they didnt dodge the laser itself" etc, these are half a decade mindset from a time vs debating was horrible and full of double standards, not like these arent anyway still existing at times

And imma say this now, keep whatever reply you may have after holidays, i aint gonna spend another long time arguing in these days for this matter in long replies, which continuum ruined for me last year big time along all else considered

I wanna enjoy my days off and relax

Okay, I'm back.

My busy 3-4 weeks are now over, and I will be busy again next week, so I might as well take this time to put this out here.

Now that the entire Story Mode is out, there are now a lot of feats to examine.

But I think I'm only going to focus on the potentially big ones.

I cannot give links at the moment due to the early videos being at the risk of getting taken down, but I probably will around Saturday or Sunday, when the entire Story Mode scenes are uploaded on YouTube.

But yeah, here are the big ones:

1. The Storm thingy Azazel conjures up when he got released by Kazuya. Alisa describes having a very high amount of energy in the sky. Can this be calced? And if so, will the calc affect anything at all?

2. Kazuya's Dark Ball of Energy:
He was supposedly going to use this ball projectile to wipe out the entire island of Yakushima off the map, according to Jin. Taking Jin on his word, we can try to measure the size of Yakushima with the provided shots of it throughout the story mode. We can also try to determine whether the hypothetical blast yield would be Fragmentation, Violent Fragmentation, or Pulverization.

And Angel Jin blocks this projectile and throws it away into the sea, creating a massive explosion. Which also NEEDS to be calced. Take note that the explosion itself was so powerful it sent large chunks of rock (and Kaz and Jin) all the way into space a-la Kars style. One of those rocks, the stage Kaz and Jin were in, fell back down as a meteor which by itself caused offscreen destruction.

It should be noted that Kazuya and Jin survived the fall from space and the impact of the falling rock back to earth in their base/human forms, no devil/angel genes to protect them whatsoever.

3. The explosion/shockwave caused by Angel Jin and Devil Kazuya in Space.

The range/size of the shockwave/explosion of their colliding punches seemed pretty huge, or it be just the camera perspective that made it seem so large.

It looks devastating and the blast needs to be calced, but like, the whole stage below them wasn't really damaged by it all, or at least, in a major way, strangely enough.

What do you guys think?

Okay, I'm back.

My busy 3-4 weeks are now over, and I will be busy again next week, so I might as well take this time to put this out here.

I cannot give links at the moment due to the early videos being at the risk of getting taken down, but I probably will around Saturday or Sunday, when the entire Story Mode scenes are uploaded on YouTube.

1. The Storm thingy Azazel conjures up when he got released by Kazuya. Alisa describes having a very high amount of energy in the sky. Can this be calced? And if so, will the calc affect anything at all?

He was supposedly going to use this ball projectile to wipe out the entire island of Yakushima off the map, according to Jin. Taking Jin on his word, we can try to measure the size of Yakushima with the provided shots of it throughout the story mode. We can also try to determine whether the hypothetical blast yield would be Fragmentation, Violent Fragmentation, or Pulverization.

And Angel Jin blocks this projectile and throws it away into the sea, creating a massive explosion. Which also NEEDS to be calced. Take note that the explosion itself was so powerful it sent large chunks of rock (and Kaz and Jin) all the way into space a-la Kars style. One of those rocks, the stage Kaz and Jin were in, fell back down as a meteor which by itself caused offscreen destruction.

It should be noted that Kazuya and Jin survived the fall from space and the impact of the falling rock back to earth in their base/human forms, no devil/angel genes to protect them whatsoever.

The range/size of the shockwave/explosion of their colliding punches seemed pretty huge, or it be just the camera perspective that made it seem so large.

It looks devastating and the blast needs to be calced, but like, the whole stage below them wasn't really damaged by it all, or at least, in a major way, strangely enough.

What do you guys think?
Regarding Number 2:

The impact of the explosion also most likely created the storm we see during Jin and Kazuya's final battle. Within the storm, there are multiple tornados surrounding the place.

And alternatively, we can just use the size of real life Yakushima for the calc instead.

Keep in mind that Yakushima is a mountainous island, and Tekken 8 portrays it to be so all the same.

Last edited:
Okay, Feng also has another massive feat where his kick causes a large explosion at the center of a hurricane, and it is implied he was able to destroy/dissipate the hurricane with it.

How much energy do you need to dissipate an average hurricane?

Either way, it also needs a calc. I will do a Calc Request once there's available links for this feat. In the meantime, I will prioritize the new Dark Energy Ball feat.

Last edited:
Regarding Bloodline's canonicity, Leroy meeting Jin in the stadium kind of confirms that them fighting each other and Leroy joining the tournament in Tekken 3 wasn't canon.

Like for once, Leroy only says along the lines of "I knew I'd meet you someday." He never adds the word "again", and the way they talk seemed like it is their first time talking to each other.

Okay, I'm back.

What do you guys think?
I had a calc request done recently and the Tekken 8 finale feats got between Low 6-B and 7-A it seems.

I also had a bunch of other feats calced over the past few weeks for a Tekken upgrade thread I have planned once I've watched the story mode from start to finish once more and seen all of the character endings.

Here are the calcs:

- High 7-C Paul and Law with Class M lifting strength

- Low 6-B Kazuya Mishima with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed (Tekken 8 feat)

- Class K Panda

- Class 25 Raven (Class M Feng Wei lifting strength calc was rejected)

- Class 50 lifting strength feat for King with an additional Low 7-B/7-B to 6-C attack potency feat (Class T King lifting strength was rejected but the 6-C recalc was done by a calc group member [CloverDragon] in the comments section)

All of the calcs have been approved as well.

Kazuya's Low 6-B feat will give a new upgrade to the God tiers and everybody under him will get upgraded from all of the other feats.

Okay, Feng also has another massive feat where his kick causes a large explosion at the center of a hurricane, and it is implied he was able to destroy/dissipate the hurricane with it.

How much energy do you need to dissipate an average hurricane?

Either way, it also needs a calc. I will do a Calc Request once there's available links for this feat. In the meantime, I will prioritize the new Dark Energy Ball feat.
I'll put in a calc request for this feat soon.

We also missed one crucial feat: Devil Jin's ending. I just watched it, and oh my God.

It. Is. Big.

See, before Tekken 8, it's been debatable whether or not Tekken's planetary statements are to be relied on. But now, we have the ONE feat that puts all this doubt to rest. We finally have one of the verse's God Tier character performing a God Tier AP/DC feat.

Devil Jin flies up to space to destroy some weird laser shooting satellites/spacecrafts coming after him then.. with his laser, SCORCHES THE PLANET.

We need a calc of this one, STAT.

Last edited:
I had a calc request done recently and the Tekken 8 finale feats got between Low 6-B and 7-A it seems.

I also had a bunch of other feats calced over the past few weeks for a Tekken upgrade thread I have planned once I've watched the story mode from start to finish once more and seen all of the character endings.

Here are the calcs:

- High 7-C Paul and Law with Class M lifting strength

- Low 6-B Kazuya Mishima with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed (Tekken 8 feat)

- Class K Panda

- Class 25 Raven (Class M Feng Wei lifting strength calc was rejected)

- Class 50 lifting strength feat for King with an additional Low 7-B/7-B to 6-C attack potency feat (Class T King lifting strength was rejected but the 6-C recalc was done by a calc group member [CloverDragon] in the comments section)

All of the calcs have been approved as well.

Kazuya's Low 6-B feat will give a new upgrade to the God tiers and everybody under him will get upgraded from all of the other feats.
Thank so much you for all these! I knew the laser's shockwave was big!

Back