• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some stuff about Tekken tiering, scaling, feats and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, so i had some things i wanted to talk about the tekken series that could or not change the verse a little when it comes to their overall tiering, scaling, feats etc

1)Looking at Jin story from Tekken 6 after he declares war with the whole world, its said the Mishima zaibatsu swept taking over nation after nation, in Jack 6 story from the same game the Mishima Zaibatsu is said they had manufactured their copy of Jack made for large scale massacre.

Now i dont wanna jump too much to conclusions, but the part where they say it was designed for such scale could be very likely be talking about the countries that Zaibatsu was attacking, since Jin goal was to cause destruction around, also on google it gave me as synonyms for large scale the word nationwide here

Is it making sense or not? In the case it does, this could probably be an upgrade, since Jack 6 which is the newest model at the time is sent there as its answer to it and those that scale to the character would in turn get that level of power too, but thats just a suggestion so opinions on this are highly needed if its fine or not

2)The Top Tiers and above in the verse have City level+ from a feat from Gun Jack, some other characters from Upper Tiers and Mid tiers scale to this too, since characters in these ranges defeated superior models to that one, like Alisa, so these characters could very likely get City level+ as well, as for the speed, the Upper Tiers which mostly are scaling to the levels of the Mishimas back then at the time like Paul for example, could get Sub-Relativistic speed, Heihachi before Tekken 1 events dodged a laser from Devil Kazumi that the devil gene users have this fast

Now a bigger thing to discuss, since the Top Tiers and above are way more powerful then those tiers below them by a wide margin and the feat in question from Gun Jack is like high end City level, i was thinking for them to go up to Mountain level if possible given the large gap between the feat of the character and the ones from Top Tiers and above, opinion on this are also needed highly if its fine or not

3)Now this one is gonna be maybe harder to accept perhaps, but Tekken Blood Vengeance movie was said by the director of Tekken that it is half cano and that not everything in it is canon, any feats or stuff from the movie werent counted before for the series on this site cuz it was contradicting some stuff, but honestly, given he said its half canon, only the parts that are fine should be used from it, like the devil forms for example, before its pointed out that they are unique to the movie only, they arent really, Tekken 7 shown for Kazuya at least that devil form in the story, the only difference is the design really, in rest they look pretty much alike, its even stated in the movie that it is the true devil form, pretty much like what the one in T7 is

Also verses like Devil May Cry uses stuff from one of its novels, like feats and abilities which is also pretty much regarded as half canon and has contradicting stuff, like a guy from there being Vergil actually even though he was a pawn for Mundus in DMC1 and what not, so i dont see why Tekken should be any different, not to mention that in T7 story we see flashbacks from the movie as well, cementing the fact events from it happened in the series

Thats all i have for now, more could be discussed here, but these are the main things i wanted to bring up

1. i mean it could be from city to city cuz its mass produced so they could do any sort of damage due to the amount

2. Idk at least *insert tier* seems more appropriate because no indication to what extent

3. i mean in that movie even then we have to be selective though dmc novels is cuz there is a time gap that can be filled in but for BV idk

DMC novels were stated to be canon by Matt Walker (It's producer) and have actually fits the timeline minus retcons and contradictions so I wouldn't use that as an example.

1)Well in the case of the Jack unit that G Corp sended, although for Mishima Zaibatsu they didnt imply to make mass produced ones as far as i read, plus given the context for Jin forces wiping a country after the other

2)Ok, what about the other things?Is it fine the change for the Mid and Upper tiers?

3)tekken 7 states between its story and teken 5 intro its a gap of months, tekken 5 takes place 2 months after its intro with jack 4s assault, between tekken 5 and tekken 6 at minimum you could throw another 2 months gap given the statement earlier said

The DMC novel still had contradicting stuff there regardless but its accepted for using feats and what not, the BV movie was said its half canon and some events from it happened, with tekken 7 showing flashbacks from it, as said only the parts that work should be used, its not too hard to select which ones

DMC games themselves have contradictions and retcon stuff between each iteration and canon novels but we ignore said contradictions. The contradicting DMC novel wasn't considered canon on the wiki until WoG said otherwise and the most recent DMC novel canonized 95% of the said contradicting novel.

Either way, in both cases the ones responsible for the franchise said about the canonicity of their stuff and later on they included things from it in canon

Anyway the thread is regarding tekken series, DMC was brought as a comparison only

I know but DMC has a definitive WoG statement unlike here. Stuff from the contradicting DMC novel wasn't accepted on the wiki until the statement appeared even though canon novels canonized a large portion of that contradicting novel. I don't think the comparison could be made here and since the "half-canon" is less conclusive than something being called canon despite their contradictions. Maybe anything not contradicting the games are canon?

As i said, the things which dont affect canon or arent that contradicting should be used, which in this case would be the final showdown of the movie since the rest isnt too much relevant

I know TB movie isnt easy to accept, but as said, Harada answered where it falls under,that its half canon and some of its events happened, plus its seen in tekken 7 main story too, its easy to ignore the events that dont fit the canon

I agree with 1 and 2. I'm pretty sure that "half canon" refers to something like Harada confirming Leo's gender, but I don't think that the plot should be counted as canon.

It answers to a guy question if BV is canon, he replies that not everything is but just some of it, making it half canon, the most relevant stuff from the movie that could fit that is the mishima 3 way battle including the devil forms fight

Bump

Also since so far there are people who agree on point 1, is it Low 6-B whats used for countries destruction or 6-B?

Seems too vague to assume they could just wipe out a country with a single or few attacks. Something that vastly upscales from an old 7-B+ model would be more than enough to tear through a country's military and general landscape

What would the movie's canonicity mean?

I mean Jin goal was cause destruction and damage around as much as possible, which prompts to create something for large scale levels of destruction

It means the parts that arent that contradicting have happened or its likely they did, its not hard to see which are and which arent

Creating City level+ craters with an entire army of robots would still be immensely destructive. There's no actual proof they can blow up a country with an attack, and the level they'd already be is more than enough.

Actually, another thing I want to bring up:

Shouldn't only Golden Azazel, whom has their unrestrained, planet destroying power, scale to High 6-A? It doesn't make sense that the plot would be about stopping Azazel from blowing up the planet, yet the whole time he could just decide to do it.

Unlike Jinpachi, Azazel is stated he has such power already from start, not from his stronger form like Jinpachi where its shown and said if no character defeats him before that moment

Jack 6 would be much closer to his tag 2 feat power wise, wouldnt be far fetched but anyway thats why i asked more people to comment about it

What you say about top tiers and above going a tier higher?okay or better to say likely higher

I think it would be fine to scale them to 7-A considering Heihachi casually oneshots several of them and tanks a dog pile of self destructing robots to the face

And I think it was an upgraded model at that

Alright, so far pretty much everyone agrees with 7-A rating for top tiers and above

But it doesnt says anywhere he was upgraded, nor implied

Don't JACK models get at least minor improvements between models?

They do, but i dont think jack 6 from tekken 6 to tag 2 had any improvements

They improve them with each new generations

In comparison to Gun Jack, one plenty of models down the line?

From Gun Jack to Jack 4, from Jack 4 to Jack 5, from Jack 5 to Jack 6, then Jack 6 to Jack 7, they get improved

What im saying is that Jack 6 from 6 to tag 2 is the same jack 6, he didnt get anything there

I mean given they are improved each time, it wouldnt be surprising if one model was miles ahead the previous ones power wise, jack 6 as said would be much closer to his tag 2 feat, not that much of a stretch to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back