• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMT Upgrades Part 1: Low 1-C Boost to infinity and beyond

I'll get straight to it: There's are important feats i've noticed that massively boost SMT's 5-D power from the slightly above baseline we have now. As Stephen mentioned the Expanse transcends past, present and future across the multiverse, making it a 5-D structure. Thus the four Devas' feat of seperating the Expanse from the multiverse is 5-D as well. They of course don't scale to it in the same way someone who can destroy it like Satan can but they definitely scale to it to a notable extent. It's also worth noting one demon who scales above the Devas is Ouroboros Maia, as the Four Devas are lesser sub boss demons in her sector in Strange Journey. Making all demons above Ouroboros infinite Low 1-C and above and further (And of course Canopus is now sixth dimensional as it exist beyond such demons)

Agree: Milly_Rocking_Bandit. Tony Di Bugalu, Eganergo, Ionliosite, TISSG7REDGRAVE, Elizhaa, CRIMPSUMPSKI
Possibly agree: DMUA
Disagree: SagaTheLegend, Darksmash

Last edited:
Disagree with all of this, the transcendence statement was clearly flowerly language for time travel by Stephen, that is literally what he proceeds to use it for in the next moment. Expanse is never referred as a higher dimensional realm and it never showcased the properties of being infitely superior to the multiverse or viewing it as a fictional construct

The coordinate from attack on titan is also said to transcend space time."transcend time" is usually just a hyperbole for time travel,just like how "transcend space" is many times hyperbole for omnipresence or teleportation.I dont see how you can just assume they are higher dimensional constructs without some qualitative comparison of size.Hard disagree

I don't know about that coordinate for Attack on Titan but Stephen himself literally says the plane specifically transcends space and time and is said to be the space between universes. Thee fact it can be used to go from any point in the multiverse supports that. I don't get how you both perceive such a blatant statement as somehow an assumption when a character literally states how it works

I don't know about that coordinate for Attack on Titan but Stephen himself literally says the plane specifically transcends space and time and is said to be the space between universes. Thee fact it can be used to go from any point in the multiverse supports that. I don't get how you both perceive such a blatant statement as somehow an assumption when a character literally states how it works
He says it trancends past , present and future, then literally just uses it for time travel, its clearly flowerly langauge for time travel, he never compares it once to a higher realm or mentions it to be a higher dimension. Space between universes isn't Low 1C, that's Low 2C at best and supports my argument of anything since a higher dimension needs to be above the universe and not between its universes.

why is "transcend" being related to size?Like I said fiction can and has called teleportation as "transcending space" and time travel as "transcending time".
In fact spaces between different universes are usually represented as "transcending space"
unless there is a qualitative comparison(like seeing the multiverse as fiction or spatially flat or as a particle) I will disagree with such a vague statement being used for upgrade

transcend.PNG

I must ask why you are interpreting "surpassing past present and future" as equivalent of seeing the multiverse being spatially flat

The entire context of the scene, after Stephen says that he just uses the Expanse to time travel to the past. In fact, transcend just means "above", not "infinitely above". If there is no evidence of infinity it isn't 5D just Low 2C and you didn't show any proof of that yet.

There is no rule to my knowledge that says "if a verse uses a particular wank logic that means you have to debunk it first before arguing against other verses using similar logic"

I dont care about whats accepted for other verses,when their CRTs happen I will disagree with them.Like saga has made clear the transcending time here is in relation to time travel.Going beyond the limits of time completely satisfies the context of time travel,which is literally going beyond the limits of linear flow of time

The Expanse isn't just a time travel medium but it's own space that births demons. Plus transcend is describe to go beyond the limits or scope of. And Stephen says the expanse goes beyond said scope of relation to time. And Milly has a point. You're both implying a certain statement type is wank which would apply to multiple verses.
I never said it was just a time travel medium but okay. It being being the home realms of demons doesn't really mean anything. That is still just 3A or Low 2C. Transcend just means surpass, and surpass =/= higher infinity. If you can show the Expanse is portrayed as being a higher degree of infinity or a significant level of power like seeing the multiverse as a fiction, which it doesn't, then it would indeed be Low 1C, otherwise that is just Low 2C.

The Expanse isn't a person so it wouldn't necessarily "See the multiverse as fiction" cause it's a realm. Not a conscious entity. And seeing something as fiction is not the only denote something being higher dimensional. As again it clearly stated that in relation to cosmological spaces such as the multiverse that the Expanse is beyond the scopes and limit all 4-D space time.

to me it seems pretty clear that "transcend" here in context is pretty clear for just time travel.Seeing something as fiction isnt the only way to get higher dimension sure,you can also give comparisons of spatial flatness or seeing the multiverse as particle,none of which are here

to me it seems pretty clear that "transcend" here in context is pretty clear for just time travel.Seeing something as fiction isnt the only way to get higher dimension sure,you can also give comparisons of spatial flatness or seeing the multiverse as particle, none of which are here
Question

When is there even time travel in SMT, using the Expanse

This sounds far more like it's transcendence in the sense of being completely beyond normal limitations but, enlighten me.

Question

When is there even time travel in SMT, using the Expanse

This sounds far more like it's transcendence in the sense of being completely beyond normal limitations but, enlighten me.
Literally the same time it was stated to transcending past present and future. Going beyond normal limitations doesn't higher infinity btw.
Captura_de_Tela_256.png

Very next scan after the transcendence one.

Stephen has warped characters through time and space using his own power since he's very high tier so he dosen't need to use it anyways tbh

The same reasons BlazBlue is what it is right now is the same reason why SMT is trying to be upgraded, so again, if you're going to come for one, you're coming for the other.

What I understand is that the expanse is a form of space that trascends the time of the multiverse which is what allows them to time travel, this also implies the expanse trivializes the multiverse in some way or form.

From the tiering system: Characters who can significantly affect spaces of qualitatively greater sizes than ordinary universal models and spaces, usually represented in fiction by higher levels or states of existence (Or "levels of infinity", as referred below) which trivialize everything below them into insignificance, normally by perceiving them as akin to fictional constructs or something infinitesimal.

It clearly shows you don't specifically need to literally see shit as fiction to reach that tier and from the looks of the scans it is enough to say the expanse is sufficiently above the rest to get the tier.

obviously not just any form of trivialising is relevant,otherwise extremely high finite numbers like 10^1000^1000000^10000 will become higher dimensional.You need specific context for it

What I understand is that the expanse is a form of space that trascends the time of the multiverse which is what allows them to time travel, this also implies the expanse trivializes the multiverse in some way or form.
It doesn't it kek, literally being outside of space-time accomplishes the same thing.
From the tiering system: Characters who can significantly affect spaces of qualitatively greater sizes than ordinary universal models and spaces, usually represented in fiction by higher levels or states of existence (Or "levels of infinity", as referred below) which trivialize everything below them into insignificance, normally by perceiving them as akin to fictional constructs or something infinitesimal.

It clearly shows you don't specifically need to literally see shit as fiction to reach that tier and from the looks of the scans it is enough to say the expanse is sufficiently above the rest to get the tier.
Yes but it clearly states that you have to affect spaces of qualitatively or greater sizes than ordinary universal models and spaces, which the Expanse has no proof for being. And it has to be a difference based on levels of infinity. YHVH's branes have this proof, Expanse has no statement of that as far as I am aware.

Wait, are crts even allowed at this point? I mean, I know a bunch of stuff has gotten done, but didn't Ant mention he had some rules to implement before crts were allowed?

Being outside space time isn't the exact same thing as transcending it as transcending is to say it is beyond rather than just being away. And we did literally post proof of a statement saying the Expanse is beyond the scope and limits 4-D cosmological structures but you (referring to Saga) and Dark keep saying said statement is invalid merely cause of time travel related stuff. Which Stephen himself dosen't even actually need the Expanse form. And it was announced on Discord or something

Being outside space time isn't the exact same thing as transcending it as transcending is to say it is beyond rather than just being away. And we did literally post proof of a statement saying the Expanse is beyond the scope and limits 4-D cosmological structures but you (referring to Saga) and Dark keep saying said statement is invalid merely cause of time travel related stuff. Which Stephen himself dosen't even actually need the Expanse form. And it was announced on Discord or something
Come on it doesn't make the stament invalid, you just posted a statement saying it "transcends" a past, present, future, something existing outside of space-time can do that in fiction and there is pretty common. Being above doesn't mean infinitely above and that is what is required to be Low 1C, The only proof I am seeing right here is a single, random quote from Stephen that isn't supported by anything. Low 1C is a complete different level of infinity that would inflate the entire verse. A single quote related to a context of time travelling isn't nearly enought to make a Low 2C construct like the Expanse a higher level of infinity, there are no quotes of it being a higher dimensional or a higher level of infinity at all and it was never portrayed as such to my knowledge.

Back