• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Abstract Existence and Conceptual Manipulation Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should hopefully be a pretty simple thread.

I’m changing the provided examples on the Abstract Existence page that aren’t applicable anymore, either through them having bad explanations, no scans or them not even having that level of AE anymore, this is exactly in the same vein as my previous thread on our Regeneration page.

There’s also other small changes I’m making, mostly grammatical ones, but the biggest change of these small changes would be me changing the obligation of referencing the exact type of concept for conceptual abstractions, and making it so it's applicable with every other type of abstract existence. It doesn’t make sense to me why we would only require/heavily insinuate those with conceptual abstractions to reference the exact type of concept they embody/purely exist as, and not have say, those with informational AE reference the exact type of information manipulation they have, or just reference the fact they embody/purely exist as "information" at least.

For a more visual example of what I’m advocating, here’s Alucard’s profile, as you can see, the profile references the level of AE he possesses, which is Type 1, and the specific type he possesses, which is thoughts. Not only is this an overall more aesthetically pleasing explanation, but it also provides a little bit more context to the exact “type” these abstract characters possess. If anyone has a better way to explain this idea compared to what I’ve provided then please post it, and if it’s majority agreed upon i’ll add it to the blog.

I’ve also added examples to our Conceptual Manipulation page, which surprisingly doesn’t have either examples or a sub-sect “users” section. Which, considering the fact Conceptual Manipulation is one the largest and most important abilities we have on our wiki, is puzzling to say the least.

So here’s the blog which contains the newly changed Abstract Existence and Conceptual Manipulation examples, here’s both of our pages for both respective abilities so y’all can cross examine everything. If y’all have better examples for both pages than let me know and i’ll add them.

Voting:

Agree - @LephyrTheRevanchist, @KLOL506, @Planck69, @Theglassman12, @Dereck03, @DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
Also from my perspective the new changes look fine, but Kratos himself has CM Type 1 with Hope, as does Zeus (Since he is Fear itself). As for AE Type 2, Kratos would be a much better example than Hades, given that he literally contains Death and Hope within him.

Looks good, though 3 examples feels a little too small imo, I feel like 5 should be sufficient.
The reasoning behind me only using three examples would be for at least two reasons.

1. Personally, it hits the sweet spot of being a good amount of examples without it being overbearing.

2. It's consistent with the amount of examples provided for our other abilities like regeneration.

Having that generalized standard of three examples makes the most sense imo.

The new examples look good, and since our knowledgeable staff approved the addition and the rest did as well, I think it would be fine if we proceeded to apply the changes?

@DarkDragonMedeus what do you think about this?

Looks fine from a glance though conceptual manipulation isn't my strongest point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back