• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Regeneration Page Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a pretty simple and easy going thread.

With our Regeneration page we currently provide multiple examples of characters with each specific “tier” of regeneration, which is good. Having examples which can explain these “tiers” of regeneration in more practical terms would always be a net positive in my opinion. But the problem currently with these examples is that a lot of them are from low-quality profiles without scans, references or even meaningful in-depth explanations about said regeneration. If we’re providing examples to people, then we should be giving out good examples that are well-explained, have evidence and preferably have references as well, rather than examples with terrible explanations, with zero ways to actively fact-check the truthfulness of what the profile’s claiming to be true without having an innate level of knowledge of the character/verse in question.

That’s what this thread hopes to rectify, I’ve gone through and removed every single of the provided profiles which have no scans, terrible explanations and (or) aren’t even that tier of regeneration anymore. Instead replacing them with different profiles from multiple different genres that have scans, decent explanations and have that exact “tier” of regeneration.

I’ve also changed the amount of examples we provided for each tier, currently we don’t have an actual generalized standard for how much examples we should provide, which i believe to be a problem for a multitude of reasons, such as making the page look more disorganized with the differing amounts of examples provided or having too many/too few examples depending on the tier of regeneration, so I choose to use a generalized rule of three examples for each tier, it’s that nice sweet spot of having enough examples without it being too overbearing imo.

So here’s the blog which contains the new profiles added, here’s our current regeneration page so you can cross examine both to see why those specific characters were removed. If you have better examples then the ones I’ve added then please let me know and I'll change it.

But yeah, that's it, I also fixed up some of the grammar as well.

Voting:

Agree: @Damage3245, @LephyrTheRevanchist. @Duedate8898, @Dereck03 @Maverick_Zero_X

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
in all seriousness, this looks good

but I've always wondered why the regen page doesn't give brief descriptions for said characters who have shown regen to elaborate a bit further on why they are in that tier. I get that they're on the profiles but it might be more beneficial for people just trying to get a bit more general insight into a regen tier without scrolling through the example character's profile to find more justifications.

For example:

Low:
Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds, allowing the character to heal wounds that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly, sometimes even in just seconds. For machines and vehicles, this would just be regenerating basic exterior damage.

I feel like this would be especially helpful with things like High Godly since it seems to be a bit more controversial to define.

Last edited:
I'm happy that Naruto's getting downgraded you ******* goober :mad:.
let-them-try-black-panther.gif

This seems fine, and i agree with godernet idea of short descriptions as examples, we do that for immortality type 8 in the page

also we should reword mid godly so people don't think the destruction of all 3 aspects is needed for mid godly since you just need one incorporeal aspect regenerated to count

but I've always wondered why the regen page doesn't give brief descriptions for said characters who have shown regen to elaborate a bit further on why they are in that tier. I get that they're on the profiles but it might be more beneficial for people just trying to get a bit more general insight into a regen tier without scrolling through the example character's profile to find more justifications.
Sounds like a skill issue 🗿

For example:

Low:
Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds, allowing the character to heal wounds that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly, sometimes even in just seconds. For machines and vehicles, this would just be regenerating basic exterior damage.

I feel like this would be especially helpful with things like High Godly since it seems to be a bit more controversial to define.
I just don't believe most, if not all the exemplified profiles need further elaboration, the scans and explanation themselves present on those profiles are more than enough to understand why x character(s) have that level of regeneration/what that level of regeneration innately entails, alongside the pretty good explanations we give for each tier of regeneration, it's just redundant and ultimately pointless imo.

I agree, but I want to talk about Mid regen

Why is regenerating from brain damage so impressive? The amount of mass regenerated from a brain injury is extremely less than regenerating an arm that is vaporized (Which is considered Low-Mid)

Cause if the brain or generally most organs get hurt or destroyed you tend to die. Limbs while requiring more mass, are generally less important to actually living. And fiction does have a tendency to emphasize the brain over limbs when it comes to regeneration.

Cause if the brain or generally most organs get hurt or destroyed you tend to die. Limbs while requiring more mass, are generally less important to actually living. And fiction does have a tendency to emphasize the brain over limbs when it comes to regeneration.
What's your opinion on the OP?

Cause if the brain or generally most organs get hurt or destroyed you tend to die. Limbs while requiring more mass, are generally less important to actually living.
But regeneration level is based on what? On regenerating from what is most deadly? If you can regenerate an arm, which has much more mass than your head, basically you are also able to regenerate your brain without difficulty
And fiction does have a tendency to emphasize the brain over limbs when it comes to regeneration.
That varies. It would be more of a specific weakness

There is also the opposite. Characters like Kaido have Mid regeneration but clearly would not be able to regenerate a vaporized arm

Last edited:
What's your opinion on the OP?
Oh yeah, I think it's a good idea. My only problem really comes with the scans on the profiles themselves since some of them just aren't as clear as I would like, but that's less an issue with the regeneration page and more I problem I have with the separate profiles.

Overall, I support the OP.

But regeneration level is based on what? On regenerating from what is most deadly? If you can regenerate an arm, which has much more mass than your head, basically you are also able to regenerate your brain without difficulty

That varies. It would be more of a specific weakness

There is also the opposite. Characters like Kaido have Mid regeneration but clearly would not be able to regenerate a vaporized arm
Kaido has mid-low, by the way.

And generally, our regeneration is organized on a combination of what's more severe in terms of importance to living and how severe the damage is. The brain is often an important factor or severe limiter in the lower levels of regeneration, so it gets emphasis when rating them. I will also say if you wish to continue this line of questioning might be best to move it either to a Q&A or message wall.

I think this is fine to apply and since it is an addition of examples for a P&A and not to a character or verse, I think it can be added straightforwardly to the page without waiting the 48 hours due to the overall approve of the staff and members and this is such minor revision.

I think this is fine to apply and since it is an addition of examples for a P&A and not to a character or verse, I think it can be added straightforwardly to the page without waiting the 48 hours due to the overall approve of the staff and members and this is such minor revision.
Alright, can you open the page so i can add the changes then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back