• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread will be a series of upgrades[as well as degrades] from small changes to major ones. Please keep the discussion civil, avoid toxic behavior as well as derailing!
With that, lets begin with the proposals

--Upgrades--

Change of wording for Regeneration

So, I've noticed that Rimuru currently has HGR for regenerating his skills, however, I feel like this does not show enough to what level of Regeneration he can perform. So, I'll be proposing a change of wording for this. New wording :

Magic and Skills

So, we know how Spiritual Lifeforms were upgraded to Type 1 Concepts in a previous thread, with that in mind, lets upgrade a few more things accordingly.
Additionally, Skills work in the same way, except, they are systemized so they do not need the user to imagine the phenomenon every time. The wording would be :

Nucleic Heart/Core

So, apparently, we are differentiating the "Nucleic Heart" as an Abstract Existence based on Information Type 2, and thus destroying said aspect grants one Information Manipulation, and regenerating from destruction of one's Core grants one High Godly Regeneration [Aspect; Information Type 2] as a Core contains one's Information Particles, the fundamental aspect that exists at the core of everything in Reality from physical to Spiritual, Matter, Mind, Soul and Skills. However, there are also many implications that what we know as "Cores" are the same as the Conceptual Self that are the "True Death" for normal Spiritual Lifeforms. This is because of the following reasonings :
So to say, Spiritual Lifeforms will truly die if their Conceptual Self is destroyed, as well as if their core is destroyed, whereas a True Dragon will revive after Death even if their Conceptual Self is destroyed, AS WELL AS if their core is destroyed. Which implies what we refer to as "Core" is the same thing as their "Conceptual Self". Due to this, destroying one's Core is the same as destroying their Conceptual Self, and as a result, beings that can regenerate from Core destruction will get High Godly Regeneration [Information; Conceptual]

Abstract Existence

So, first, let me quote what this is all about in this section :
So, I know that Greater/Layered Conceptual Manipulation can exist, so in that line of thought, can Greater Abstract Existence based on Concepts also exist?
If yes, how does one qualify for it? ~ Me
An abstract existence can be a small part of a greater abstract. Death from Castlevania is the concept of death itself and he’s a small part of Chaos itself. ~ Glassman -- Source
Now, lets get to how this is related here.

A "Spirit" is a Spiritual Lifeform, a Type 1 Concept. However, there are levels of a Spirit, and there's a unique relation between these levels. That is, by fusing many Low Level Spirits, it is possible to make a Mid or High Level Spirit, that is to say, by combining many Smaller Concepts, a Greater Concept is formed. So to say, essentially, a High Level Spirit is like a Greater Abstract of a smaller Abstract such as Low Level Spirits. This is also practically done by Rimuru as further proof.
Now, how many levels are there in this Hierarchy? Well, its like this :
[Here, -> doesn't mean Layered, but Greater/Enhanced]
Low Level Spirits
-> Medium Level Spirits -> High Level Spirits -> Lord Level Spirits [Elemental Lords]

Similarly, Elemental Souls are an overall Higher version of "Elementals" as a whole, with True Dragons being the highest ranked among them, however, it is unconfirmed if "Higher" here also means a "Greater Whole", it would not necessarily qualify for an even higher level, but should be at least on the same level as the highest "Elementals", Although, there is one case of Great Spirits which are the Greatest Whole from which all Spirits are separated from, thus giving it a layer of Abstract Existence higher than all of the prior.

--Downgrades--

Spiritual Lifeforms' Regeneration

Currently its stated in their Physiology Page that they have Mid Godly Regeneration because they can regenerate from Soul destruction, now, while this is somewhat true, there is a need to change its wording. Because its not that they can regenerate from Soul destruction, but that they can "Revive" if they lose their Energy, Soul is crystallized Energy. In other words, this is Mid Godly Resurrection, not Regeneration, as its being done after death. The wording should be as follows :

Anti-Skill's Clarifications

This part will be leaning more towards "Downgrading" Anti-Skill, or to be precise, it'll be listing down the "Limitations" of Yuki's Anti-Skill, which should be added to his weaknesses or just in his ability section:
Conclusive :
  • Rimuru's HGR's wording on his Demon Slime Key needs to be remade to prevent misunderstanding
  • Magic and Skills are Conceptual Manipulation [Type 1]
  • Nucleic Heart and Conceptual Self are the same thing, thus, regenerating/resurrecting from either of them would be HGR [Information; Conceptual] {This does not change much as most characters that can regenerate from destruction of Core can also do the same with their Conceptual Self already}
  • Spirits have a hierarchy of Abstract Existence, with True Dragons being the highest of them, and the Great Spirits being the greatest collective whole
  • Spiritual Lifeforms' Mid Godly Regeneration is actually Resurrection instead, as they actually "Die" before being revived in case their Soul [Energy] is destroyed.
  • Yuuki's Anti-Skill has many limitations, which should be listed in his profile, preferably the Weaknesses section.
That was all.
Please don't forget to check all the scans and read everything before commenting, otherwise it may lead to misunderstandings.
Agree :

Disagree :

Neutral :

Last edited:
Change of wording for Regeneration
You need to use "."
The scan doesn't say this, use the wording from the scan when expressing abilities, not your own interpretation.
Pre-Conventional Reality Conceptions
I have no idea what you mean here at least connect a scan.
Skills and Great Spirits are irrelevant with each other, so this part should be removed.
Nucleic Heart/Core
For now, I agree, for lack of a better way to explain this.
Abstract Existence
The expressions here have nothing to do with abstract layers of existence, it is just a hierarchy within the verse. Glassman never talks about layers in his comment, he just says that an abstraction can be a part of a higher abstraction.

Death-Chaos from Castlevania, Demons/Angels - Great Spirit of Darkness/Great Spirit of Light from Tensura Web Novel/Light Novel, Chaos King/Oblivion from Marvel Comics are all examples of case an abstraction is part of a larger abstraction. However, just because an abstraction is part of a larger abstraction does not mean that the abstraction itself is layered.
Currently its stated in their Physiology Page that they have Mid Godly Regeneration because they can regenerate from Soul destruction, now, while this is somewhat true, there is a need to change its wording. Because its not that they can regenerate from Soul destruction, but that they can "Revive" if they lose their Energy, Soul is crystallized Energy. In other words, this is Mid Godly Resurrection, not Regeneration, as its being done after death. The wording should be as follows :
  • The fact that Spiritual Lifeforms can be regeneration as long as their cores exist is already included in the profile as the justification for type 3 immortality. The scan you showed regarding their resurrection is already their immortality type 4 justification. (actually this is non-combat applicable high-godly resurrection)
Anti-Skill's Clarifications
It should be in the weakness tab. (anti-skill's weaknesses are mentioned on in Yuuki's weakness tab, but right, this really doesn't enough)
This isn't the weakness of anti-skills, it's the powers of characters like Guy, Chronoa, etc. that causes this.

The rest is fine.

Last edited:
The scan doesn't say this, use the wording from the scan when expressing abilities, not your own interpretation.
alright, is 'Imaginary phenomenon' or 'picturing in mind' fine?
I have no idea what you mean here at least connect a scan.
meant to say that Great Spirits are concepts that existed before the World. I should have linked the great spirit tab I guess, will change that.
Skills and Great Spirits are irrelevant with each other, so this part should be removed.
Alright, but like, Skills are used to manipulate the Laws of the World, with the "Laws of the World" being the Great Spirits, laws that govern the principle of the World, so isn't there a relation here?
For now, I agree, for lack of a better way to explain this.
alright
The expressions here have nothing to do with abstract layers of existence, it is just a hierarchy within the verse. Glassman never talks about layers in his comment, he just says that an abstraction can be a part of a higher abstraction.
*Layers of abstract existence, like Layered AE
Read the full quote of my question, my question itself was about if abstract existence can have layers or not since conceptual manipulation can be layered, and if it yes than what qualifies for a greater abstract existence
So, I know that Greater/Layered Conceptual Manipulation can exist, so in that line of thought, can Greater Abstract Existence based on Concepts also exist?
If yes, how does one qualify for it? ~ Me
and his reply was as you read above, i.e., being part of a greater abstract, not "Higher"
An abstract existence can be a small part of a greater abstract. Death from Castlevania is the concept of death itself and he’s a small part of Chaos itself. ~ Glassman -- Source
This is the argument here. I suppose I should ask him if he absolutely meant "Layered" by "Greater"
This is a huge misunderstanding.
Yes, unless their magicules are lost or their core is destroyed, they will never die, they can still die if their magicule[energy] is lost though, in case of which they can still revive. Or are you saying Energy is not the same as magicules? [Which is the only part here I could see being countered]
  • The fact that Spiritual Lifeforms can be regeneration as long as their cores exist is already included in the profile as the justification for type 3 immortality. The scan you showed regarding their resurrection is already their immortality type 4 justification. (actually this is non-combat applicable high-godly resurrection)
This scan is enough for LGR, but you're ignoring something here in the part I highlighted, their regen isn't limited to just as long as their core exists, its also limited to as long as they have energy/magicules, and Soul basically is crystallized energy. Also how is that High Godly? It doesn't involve their core destruction
It should be in the weakness tab. (anti-skill's weaknesses are mentioned on in Yuuki's weakness tab, but right, this really doesn't enough)
ah, apologies, I mistakenly opened his WN profile instead of LN one when checking his weakness tab 🙏
This isn't the weakness of anti-skills, it's the powers of characters like Guy, Chronoa, etc. that causes this.
Yes, I just wrote it for the sake of clarification that "it doesn't work on literally everyone in the verse"
The rest is fine.
alright

Last edited:
Not really sure it would be a layered abstract existence, this just looks like the greater spirits are a bigger abstract than the lower ones, so just needing a better range feat for the concepts would suffice to affect the larger ones.

alright, is 'Imaginary phenomenon' or 'picturing in mind' fine?
You've already used expressions like this; just link it to the existing text.
Alright, but like, Skills are used to manipulate the Laws of the World, with the "Laws of the World" being the Great Spirits, laws that govern the principle of the World, so isn't there a relation here?
Fine so be it.

Glassman has already commented.
Or are you saying Energy is not the same as magicules? [Which is the only part here I could see being countered]
No they are basically the same if used interchangeably many times. What I thought was that Spiritual Lifeforms could use the energy in the environment to renew their own bodies, even if their own bodies were destroyed. But I couldn't find any scans that mentioned them doing this. Probably Low-Godly regeneration, High Godly Resurrection (non-combat applicable) is better.
Also how is that High Godly? It doesn't involve their core destruction
Eventually they'd vanish. well, even ıf they ceased to exist, they'd just revive elsewhere.
The manga scans show that there is nothing left of them, including the core, and it is not said that they need their core to revive elsewhere (their cores must also form where they are revive), this tells us that true dragons do not have a special resurrection, True Dragons are already a Spiritual Lifeform. Therefore, it results that they have non-combat applicable hgr.

Last edited:
However, there is also the fact that a demon, that is, a Spiritual Lifeform, will dead when their core is destroyed, and only Primordial Demons can come back even if their core is destroyed, which makes things a bit of a weird.

Not really sure it would be a layered abstract existence, this just looks like the greater spirits are a bigger abstract than the lower ones, so just needing a better range feat for the concepts would suffice to affect the larger ones.
I see, well are there additional requirements for what it needs to show to be layered?
You've already used expressions like this; just link it to the existing text.
Ah, so you were talking about that. Alright
No they are basically the same if used interchangeably many times. What I thought was that Spiritual Lifeforms could use the energy in the environment to renew their own bodies, even if their own bodies were destroyed. But I couldn't find any scans that mentioned them doing this. Probably Low-Godly regeneration, High Godly Resurrection (non-combat applicable) is better.
Alright, but can add a bit on why its High Godly in resurrection?
There's the thing about mind[spiritual body] and spirit[astral body] being made of information if that is enough, though, other than that I can't think of any other way

The manga scans show that there is nothing left of them, including the core, and it is not said that they need their core to revive elsewhere (their cores must also form where they are revive), this tells us that true dragons do not have a special resurrection, True Dragons are already a Spiritual Lifeform. Therefore, it results that they have non-combat applicable hgr.
Actually no..... In the manga scan it just says they can revive after depletion of energy, but the Light Novel already clarifies that Spiritual Lifeforms can reincarnate in case of energy/soul destruction but they'll be gone for good in case their core is destroyed, and the wording is making it clear that they do perma die if their core is destroyed. Whereas True Dragons can still revive so their resurrection is indeed special
However, there is also the fact that a demon, that is, a Spiritual Lifeform, will dead when their core is destroyed, and only Primordial Demons can come back even if their core is destroyed, which makes things a bit of a weird.
Indeed, but the manga scan never really mentions "Core" directly, so its safe to conclude its the latter case; they will die if their core is destroyed

Alright, but can add a bit on why its High Godly in resurrection?
You can ignore this. (Here I was talking about the resurrection they would have if they were resurrected elsewhere despite the destruction of their core)
Actually no..... In the manga scan it just says they can revive after depletion of energy, but the Light Novel already clarifies that Spiritual Lifeforms can reincarnate in case of energy/soul destruction but they'll be gone for good in case their core is destroyed, and the wording is making it clear that they do perma die if their core is destroyed. Whereas True Dragons can still revive so their resurrection is indeed special
I think at this point the manga and light novel conflict.
Indeed, but the manga scan never really mentions "Core" directly, so its safe to conclude its the latter case; they will die if their core is destroyed
Although it is not directly mentioned, if this issue was not mentioned again in the Light Novel, we could say that they would be reborn even without their core.
Okay, in conclusion, this is good, but you should add "over time" to the Mid-Godly Resurrection part, because this resurrection take long period, so it is non-combat applicable.

Although it is not directly mentioned, if this issue was not mentioned again in the Light Novel, we could say that they would be reborn even without their core.
Well, was it mentioned directly that they can regenerate from core destruction in Manga? Cuz the scan only says energy depletion [manga]
Okay, in conclusion, this is good, but you should add "over time" to the Mid-Godly Resurrection part, because this resurrection take long period, so it is non-combat applicable.
Alright

@Astral_Trinity439 that wouldn't make any sense as that implies you'd resist something tied to abstract existence in the first place. Having smaller abstracts be a part of something bigger just means the latter abstract needs a bigger range to remotely affect in the first place, I'm not seeing layered hax here.

@Astral_Trinity439 that wouldn't make any sense as that implies you'd resist something tied to abstract existence in the first place. Having smaller abstracts be a part of something bigger just means the latter abstract needs a bigger range to remotely affect in the first place, I'm not seeing layered hax here.
ah, well I asked you if and how Layered AE could exist, and you replied that part about being a greater abstract, I thought you were referring to layers

In that case, I'll change the layered thing to just greater or enhanced, is that better?

I told you that a greater abstract that smaller abstracts are based off of can exist, I didn’t say anything about it being layered hax.
well you didn't say "no, they can't be layered" so I thought otherwise, that what you were talking about was how one qualifies for the assumed "Layered AE" based on my question "What qualifies for it" . But seems it was a misunderstanding from my part, apologies for that 🙏

we need to look over the CM1
Giving the idea of magic and skills is CM1 then even the soul in tensura is CM1, you get it right?, it needs review
How is magic CM1 lets try and make it work

we need to look over the CM1
Giving the idea of magic and skills is CM1 then even the soul in tensura is CM1, you get it right?, it needs review
How is magic CM1 lets try and make it work
that should be a topic for another thread, since Magic is already accepted as conceptual manipulation. This thread merely clarifies the type

but.... I'm not seeing why a Soul is CM1.....
Just being abstract doesn't mean it has to be a concept. Its already clarified in the thread on how one's Conceptual self is their Core, more than anything else.
Magic is CM1 because it is a type of Conceptual manipulation -> can effect type 1 concepts

Yeah, it's better to do that, just focus on the cm1 thing
true

So if a conceptual power work on a type 1concept, it's a CM type 1?
I think it Depends on the "conceptual power type" this thread related to another one done by Astraltrinity where He upgrade "Spiritual lifefrom physiology Concept 2 to Concept 1" and it's Already established that Magic Could Somewhat harm Concept 1 entity(Which is Spiritual lifefrom) so That's Why the reason for the upgrade Concept type, so in the end I think it Depends on the Conceptual power type of it.

So if a conceptual power work on a type 1concept, it's a CM type 1?
Yes, I mean, I'm pretty sure the definition page clarifies that conceptual manipulation is restricted to the type of concept they are shown to manipulate/effect, and if something is conceptual manipulation in nature and can harm type 1 concepts, it logically would be CM1

I think it Depends on the "conceptual power type" this thread related to another one done by Astraltrinity where He upgrade "Spiritual lifefrom physiology Concept 2 to Concept 1" and it's Already established that Magic Could Somewhat harm Concept 1 entity(Which is Spiritual lifefrom) so That's Why the reason for the upgrade Concept type, so in the end I think it Depends on the Conceptual power type of it.
Harming a conceptual lifeform is nonphysical interaction [concept type N], but having a conceptual power that can harm a concept is conceptual manipulation of that type of concept

that should be a topic for another thread, since Magic is already accepted as conceptual manipulation. This thread merely clarifies the type

but.... I'm not seeing why a Soul is CM1.....
Just being abstract doesn't mean it has to be a concept. Its already clarified in the thread on how one's Conceptual self is their Core, more than anything else.
Magic is CM1 because it is a type of Conceptual manipulation -> can effect type 1 concepts

true
The soul is the source of their ego and of their powers

The soul is the source of their ego and of their powers
Yeah I realized that later but forgot to edit my reply
I can see why Souls would be that[CM1] with this, but I think that would be applied automatically since Soul right now is Type 2 concept for containing skills, if Skills are upgraded to type 1 conceptual manipulation than Soul's concept type would too

Demons are split off from the attribute of darkness, primals are are split off from the great spirit of darkness
You can ignore this. (Here I was talking about the resurrection they would have if they were resurrected elsewhere despite the destruction of their core)

Actually, not for all of em, they are people like luminas or dagruel that can regen instantly from soul destruction, but yeah, only the LGR doesn't seem universally overtime, also destroying their spiritual bodies doesn't mean death too, they can regen from that once.
So i guess MGR still is a given.

Ultimate Skill users should all actually have Acausality Type 1 like in WN because they are independent from the World Laws that govern the entire space-time continuum from past to future. If they are still affected by a change in the past, this means that the hax of the person who made the change in the past is working on Acausality Type 1 users.
I can see why Souls would be that[CM1]
The fact that souls are the source of the ego does not require the soul to be a concept; their powers and souls are still fundemental information. Something composed entirely of information can still have conceptual manipulation, and that's okay.

Back