• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simple Fairy tail updates

Before I start I think it's best to note this is a simple update thread; certain characters are lacking certain techniques and abilities from their profiles and this thread is to rectify that issue:

Jellal: this is pretty simple, Jellal needs to have descriptions for the spells; Pletades , Nine thunder stars (along with lightning manipulation due to this technique) and his unnamed magical shield.

Rogue: This is more of a clarification on how his intangibility functions. Up until recently Rogue's intangibility has generally been treated much like the Logia users in One Piece (as far as I'm aware) but events in the manga lead to a clarification on how his intangibility works, Rogue explains that in order to become a shadow one has to cross into the what sting describes as the world within the Shadows, suggesting a difference from traditional intangibility- maybe some form of spatial intangibility? I'm unsure. This will consequently apply to everyone who has displayed Rogues brand of Intangibility i.e. Gajeel and Sting- with Gajeel showing that he can physically interact with Rogue in this form

Natsu: Cold Resistance, though minor compared to the likes of Gray, his is probably a result of high body temperature, though it seems to have gotten a bit stronger overtime- he was able to thaw out of Invel's Ice after a brief passage of time impressing the winter mage himself. Natsu's power nullification also needs some detail, he has survived existence erasure with its description here. He also has the more infamous feat of "burning" his brothers Time Magic considering these 2 feats I imaging it's safe to say his power nullification isn't as "standard" as it may appear.

In summary, I'm suggesting descriptions for Jellal's new spells along with lightning manipulation and shields, a note on the specifics of Rogue's intangibility and cold resistance for Natsu along with further detail on his power nullification

I am fine with most of this, but do not understand why Gajeel should get intangibility.

@Antvasima

He's able to turn into a shadow in Iron Shadow Dragon Mode, but he obviously can't phase through attacks the way a Logia Devil Fruit User can.

These seen alright, and the Fairy Tail profiles in general need to be rewritten due to rampant plagiarism from the Fairy Tail wiki.

The shadow topic is a bit touchy though. It's less like turning into shadows and more like melting into them and using them a a mode of transportation.

Gajeel and Rogue must become tangible in order to attack and it's a simple transformation like logia's in OP,there is no need to complicate things with weird explanations.(you do as you wish)

@Rep I was planning to rewrite their profiles but some things got in my way so I didn't have time I will see to do it soon.

Except they don't simply become shadows like say ace becomes fire; Rogue notes that there is a difference, he becomes a shadow by crossing into the so called "shadow world" and to become human again they exit said world while Ace just becomes fire to prevent attacks from landing, what's complicated about that?

@Repp in regars to ur issue about whether Rogue actually becomes a shdow or not here and here Rogue allows attacks to pass through him by becoming a shadow

Okay. I think that the agreed upon changes can be performed then.

That explanation changes absolutely nothing about how his intangibility works as he has dodged piercing and cutting attacks just like logia's in OP. Again thou do as you wish.

@William how doesn't it change anything? 1) we're given greater detail on how this power functions meaning more accurate profiles 2) it makes it distinct from logia intangibility and standard intangibility via incorpareality and the like meaning if u want to hit Rogue or anyone who uses this simply saying "haki" wont suffice

@Ant i can make the simpler edits to Natsu's profile now since no one has a problem with them (unless someone else wants to do them I'm not completeley comfortable with editing profiles yet).

But in regards to the intangibility stuff if itt's all right I'd still like to wait for Repp's response

It may be better if somebody more experienced handles the edits.

Uh, I know these have been agreed on but there hasn't been any updates made. I'm just bumping this to ensure no one has forgotten

Wait... What do you mean by not standard power nullification? At max I can just add what he was able to nullfiy.

Also the description of Rougue's profile clearly says he can't be touched by normal means in shadow form,so I will just add the description done by Sting.

Standard as in just run off the mill nullifying energy bolts and such. Yes just adding what else he's done should be fine.

And as for Rogue the description given by Sting should also be fine. Thank you.

Back