• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shigeo Kageyama High 6-C upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE is the creator of both Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man. He literally said that while Tatsumaki is stronger than normal Mob, if Mob gets serious, he doesn't know who would win.

Shouldn't Mob get a "Possibly at least High 6-C" rating?

ONE flat out stated that his WoG is just his opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact in a recent interview

WeeklyBattles said:
ONE flat out stated that his WoG is just his opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact in a recent interview
proof? show the interview.

WeeklyBattles said:
It was Murata who stated this not ONE.

Anyways yeah they're different series but these are ONE's own characters. I believe that unless there's something that severely contradicts this, that it should be accepted. Just like how we accept ONE stating that Garou is equal to Boros.

Ryukama said:
WeeklyBattles said:
No Murata stated that.
Anyways yeah they're different series but these are ONE's own characters. I believe that unless there's something that severely contradicts this, that it should be accepted.
Like obviously they're different series, but ONE created both of these series and he said that these two characters are comparable, so Mob should be upgraded.

Okay I guess this is accepted. I'll do the changes.

100% and ??? will be upgraded to High 6-C since ONE said that a "serious mob" is comparable to tatsumaki, and 100% mob is serious mob.

I agree with the change but we should wait for more input first.

Because OPM and Mob Psycho are 2 different universes. Even though they're universes created by the exact same person, with characters created by the exact same person. I think unless this statement is actually contradicted, we should accept it just as we accept ONE's statement that Garou is equal to Boros.

Ryukama said:
Because OPM and Mob Psycho are 2 different universes. Even though they're universes created by the exact same person, with characters created by the exact same person. I think unless this statement is actually contradicted, we should accept it just as we accept ONE's statement that Garou is equal to Boros.
Arale and Goku are from different universes, but their fight is still considered canon. Shouldn't the same logic be applied here?

Why does it even matter that they're from different universes? Both these universes were made by the same dude, so at the end of the day his statement about Tats and Mob is still valid.

I don't know why he should be upgraded for this, when he had this exact justification before and had to be revised.

I'm necroing this thread mostly because this issue was brought up on the most recent revisions.

I also think that this should apply; although not to 100% Mob, who has feats and shows of power that contradict the statement; as an 8-A attack he made harmed him.

That put, we never see the upper end of ??? Mob's power, which makes the WoG seem reasonable.

@Goylog While he does in fact do that feat in the anime, it A) Happened in a non physical mental world and B) Contradicts the Manga whose depiction of the feat was just shaking the mental world whose area wasn't much larger than Spice City.

Pretty sure Murata said that his word was not meant to be taken literally.

KLOL506 said:
Pretty sure Murata said that his word was not meant to be taken literally.
This isn't Murata, it's ONE, the author of both the original webcomics, who also hasn't said anything of the sort.

So, uh, yeah.

What's the issue with using the WoG again, at least for ???% Mob?

Iirc it was the rule that no crossover feats can happen or something. Which imo is a weird thing if said feat is reinforced by the mangaka/writer/author

It's not even a crossover, it's just WoG from the author of both series saying two characters are comparable.

If it's against the rules, that's fine, I just want to confirm we have a rule for this.

If no contradictions arise with ???% being this strong, I think it should be fine.

And now all 7-B threads get uprooted... Save for Cole at least.

Does this also mean Tatsu gets upgraded to Sub-Rel?

Wouldn't that scale to Saitama too? nvm he has better feats lol

I mean, we should probably pick an end to use as per Mob's Calc

You can check our Crossovers page if there is any rule against this. I personally prefer to scale from in-universe feats though. It is likely considerably more reliable.

I agree that we should use the statement. One ultimately knows more than we do and there haven't been any contradictions.

I feel an 'At least X, possibly Y' is the best to use in this cases.

I doubt the author even realizes how strong the characters are, and while we rarely care about that, it is still the solution that let's people take both actual feats and statements into account.

I have to argue with Risci. I think ONE at least knows that the scale of power that Tatsumaki and Mob has. But I do agree that doing "possibly" is the safest bet.

Also speed scaling should affect everyone who scales from Tatsumaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back