• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He doesn't resist timestop, true. Since time isn't a vector.

What I'm saying is that he gets ts'd while his vector shied was up, so it should remain up through the duration of the ts.

TacticalNuke002 said:
What I'm saying is that he gets ts'd while his vector shied was up, so it should remain up through the duration of the ts.
That's irrelevant.

It's too slow to block a FTL+ attack, so it's also too slow to reflect an infinite speed attack (which is how fast an attack in stopped time is from his perspective)

It was bypassed by a 2x FTL attack, don't remember when but people say that basically all the time in Accell threads. Not like i'm the one who needs to prove that it can't block infinite speed anyway, burden of proof is on you.

That's cool but that doesn't make him able to react when time isn't flowing.

As I said, I don't know first hand, It's based on stuff I heard.

It still needs evidence to block stuff during a time stop

I've never heard that before. Anyways I agree accel can't reflect during timestop as his defaults still require active subconscious calculation. Infinite Speed =/= Time Stop tho, different mechanic even though they accomplish the same thing

Kaltias said:
It was bypassed by a 2x FTL attack, don't remember when but people say that basically all the time in Accell threads. Not like i'm the one who needs to prove that it can't block infinite speed anyway, burden of proof is on you.

That's cool but that doesn't make him able to react when time isn't flowing.
Burden of proof isn't on me, its on you and those people who say that. Scientifically, reflecting a vector is as simple as assigning a minus sign before it. Accel's shield is passive and he doesn't need to react to anything, all vectors get sent back towards the source regardless of whether he is aware of the attack incoming or not.

Toaru teleportation is instantaneous which iirc, is greater than infinite and Accel sends that stuff right back. As for Kakine bypassing it, its not due to the speed of the attack but the nature of it, as the attack used otherworldly particles with different physics and conventional vectors don't apply to them.

Jeez, I'm not even much of a Toaru supporter but why does the site put all these forced nerfs on Accel for the sake of preventing nlf?

Schnee One said:
Could be referring to this? I might be wrong
That just comes from kakine adding unknown vectors to light that accels default filter couldn't catch initially so the light went through.

Scientifically, reflecting a vector is not a thing.

It's based on subconscious calculations. Can't do that in time stop.

Instantaneous isn't > infinite speed. It might be a legit counter to time stop depending from what happened exactly though

@Zensum

I meant infinite speed from Accel's perspective. I'm aware of the difference, but reacting to something happening in a time stop needs either resistance or infinite speed.

Yea I think we are agreeing here. I don't think the 11D movement reflection feat can be used as a counter to timestop imo.

Vector shield does not counter time stop period, both can one shot each other the difference being one has only 1 way of doing it and he uses it sparingly (or with some help of CE), the other always leads with it and has more than 1 way, the amulet only leaves with 1 hp as I said above so almost dead, and as I said already shadow in game use time slow as a mechanic much more often than time slow.

@Malox I srill have to disagree with Stop/Slow. Shadow's given a few examples even if one or two were debunked, and that would still have Shadow using Time Stop more often than Time Slow.

If we're looking at any scenario, like a loose special ability in Rivals, Shadow never slows down time against a boss within his own game except Devil Doom. Literally every single boss that you use Chaos Control in, things come to a complete halt. Even against Black Doom (not Devil Doom) himself. Again, while it's player-based and therefore dubiously canon, it puts it into perspective that Shadow would use Time Stop over Slow. Otherwise, he'd just use Slow on the bosses instead.

I do agree that the revival item could be detrimental to Shadow if he does end up dying, but I have my reservations that he'd even die in the first place.

OK let's make this clear, 1)it would 2 time he used chaos he used time stop and one was with CE the other are time slow so it 2 vs 4, but anyway during the in game fights or races he uses time slow as a mechanic so it's obv used more often (as u use it while playing not in cut scene)

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1WcwVJ-N8 I think your definition of time stop is a bit different from the normal ones, as u can see time is only slowed (ex 1.30)

The real question is why do i have to get proof from both franchise ? Generally the burden of proof for sonic is on you but i have to do it too

The real answer to the real question: You don't. You're taking the liberty to dig this stuff up, so kudos to you for that. You can't willingly dig up for info and then complain that you "have to do it". If you can't bother to fact check somebody and not complain to the same person, then don't do it.

I misremembered Chaos Control against bosses, it's been years since I played it so I just misremembered. Again, I explicitly stated that anything in his standalone game that you do is player-determinant. Just because Rivals has his special ability as Slow doesn't mean it's "obv used more often". That's not a reliable argument

Fine.

Accel rips apart Shadow with vectors. Shadow is no-nonsense, but he still uses h2h combat often. He often uses his Chaos powers, I'm not doubting that, but I'm almost certain it's not his first move unless he knows what's going on. And he won't ever know what's going on because vectors. Angel Amulet won't resurrect his body if it's broken down into quarks.

9-8 in favor of Accel.

That counts as an inconclusive due to needing a gap of 3 votes, right? If so, this has been in grace for about 8 hours already.

The real cal howard said:
Fine.

Accel rips apart Shadow with vectors. Shadow is no-nonsense, but he still uses h2h combat often. He often uses his Chaos powers, I'm not doubting that, but I'm almost certain it's not his first move unless he knows what's going on. And he won't ever know what's going on because vectors. Angel Amulet won't resurrect his body if it's broken down into quarks.
Shadow isn't stupid. If he doesn't open with Chaos Control and sees his stuff getting deflected, you can definitely expect him to slam on the time stop. With the variety of powers he has, he's not going to just stick to something that he sees is not working.

Also, resistance to matter manipulation. While I won't go into NLF territory and blatantly claim it won't work, Shadow isn't getting shredded at the start.

If his heart explodes from blood manipulation then I don't see how blood manipulation isn't a sub-type of matter manipulation (blood is made of matter after all), so Shadow should be able to resist that.

All of Shadows votes are based on the assumption that shadow would even be able to use time stop if he doesn't start with it

The problem is that he won't be able to time stop after seeing his attacks being deflected because accel can deflect and kill shadow at the same time

Shadow doesn't resist literally everything affecting matter due to resisting matter manip.

His profile doesn't specify how good the resistance is either, so I have no reason to assume its good enough to deal with Accelerators as he has the second best type.

Back