• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

See, we told you we were working on it! (Naruto Revision Part 1: Scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiraiya started following the movements of the Akatsuki because he had been following Orochimaru. If Oro became good sooner, Jiraiya might not have started following the Akatsuki - and ultimately going to Amegakure and facing Pain - in the first place. Or maybe Orochimaru would’ve simply been able to help Jiraiya escape with his life.

Like I said, it’s far too vague.

The way she says sooner implies he would’ve turned bad in the first place, so he would have still been following the akatsuki, don’t you think after what happened in the first half of part 2 he wouldn’t?

The way she says sooner implies he would’ve turned bad in the first place, so he would have still been following the akatsuki, don’t you think after what happened in the first half of part 2 he wouldn’t?
Okay, but how early does Orochimaru turn good? Is it a couple of years after? Is it a few days after? We don’t know, because her statement is so extremely vague. We can’t use it as anything concrete.

Ok so this is why the Sannin are fodder I'm assuming.

I've read these fights several times so here goes.

Jiraiya​

Jiraiya initially wasn't even trying to kill anybody. He went to go gather intel and he was talking to Konan. When he met Nagato again he tried to have conversation. Even when half dead he wanted to go confirm if the dudes he were fighting were the real ones. WHILE HE'S DYING he's thinking about getting info out.
Whole time, they wanted to kill Jiraiya.
Against Jiraiya they completely countered him. He states that they know his weaknesses.
The one minute they confirm that they don't know something about Jiraiya, the Jutsu kills three of them.
While he's injured, he kills one of them.

And his props?
And can we remember that Jiraiya went in there alone? Summoned 3 people and that's it?

Naruto​

Pain was far away from the source body and he used a life axing jutsu in the beginning of the fight. Konan states that the other paths recover slower after Nagato focused all their chakra on Tendo.

Pain was not trying to kill Naruto.
And for every Naruto thread I've witnessed, not trying to kill = holding back pretty much. So Pain was holding back on Naruto.

Naruto came in the fight with help. He had Fukasaku, Shima, Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro come help him. Unlike Jiraiya who came alone.

Naruto had a way to bypass all of Jiraiya's issues.

In Conclusion​

Using these statements for strength when in a powerscaling perspective, Jiraiya is superior, is an issue.
It'd be unfair to take the other statements into strict evaluation but to allow this statement to be 100% for AP.

The most it'd be for is for the rasenshuriken.
Also, what's the viewpoint on this?

what's part 2 gonna be? 3? 4? how many parts will this have
The second part of the revisions will be dealing with the scaling of Part I. There will also be parts for Bijuu/Tier 6 scaling, speed and possibly more, but you’ll have to wait to find out when those are happening UwU

Almost everything, there’s just a couple of things that still have to be discussed

Sannin stuff and Minato wank.
I wouldn't call putting Minato at least relative to his rival is wank. Ay literally complimented Minato's power.
main-qimg-b378c3855e3949e24e6fb7f7449e1b81

GokuSparkle

Minato will never not be fodder on this wiki until Naruto says in Boruto "he was stronger than I was"

I agree with you
Hey, at least I've got one ally.
I dont mind scaling Base Minato to Kid Obito though :^)
One Rasengan literally melted his arm, I don't think he scales TO Obito.
GokuSparkle

Minato will never not be fodder on this wiki until Naruto says in Boruto "he was stronger than I was"
We'll see about that.
Blame Minato for having virtually no feats.
Incredibles Incredibles2 GIF - Incredibles Incredibles2 I Disagree Strongly  - Discover & Share GIFs

Gotta blame Kishimoto on that one
Can't blame Kishi for something that didn't happen.

Oh also a statement I thought of in a debate that I thought I'd bring up

Naruto Chapter 321 Page 12

Can't believe Minato's 7-B while Tobirama is High 7-A+ when he has literally zero scaleable AP feats (no having high chakra isn't an AP feat). :cautious:

This isn’t necessarily in response to you, but I feel like a lot of people aren’t realizing that not every 7-B scales to the same value, and a lot of them were going to be 7-A-

This isn’t necessarily in response to you, but I feel like a lot of people aren’t realizing that not every 7-B scales to the same value, and a lot of them were going to be 7-A-
Even so, 7-A is lower than what he should be. Not as bad as it is now, but still pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back